MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
214 Fairview St., Ste. 2
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxswinedive.com/houston-214-fairview-st/contact/
- Phone: 7135289200x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday: 10AM – 12AM
Tuesday – Thursday: 4PM – 12AM
Friday & Saturday: 10AM – 2AM
*Brunch served Friday – Monday, 10AM – 3PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael Pellegrino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Love the food at MAX’s Wine Dive and planning a special event? Why not have the best of both? MAX’s Wine Dive can cater all kinds of private and corporate events. Let our experienced staff do the work and create the perfect birthday, reunion, rehearsal dinner, graduation, wedding reception, corporate outing, happy hour, charity event…the list goes on and on! For more information, email us, email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Love the food at MAX’s Wine Dive restaurant and wine bar and planning a special event? Why not have the best of both? We can cater all kinds of private and corporate events. Let our experienced staff do the work and create the perfect event!
- Private Party Contact: Laura Jimenez 8669453142
A word from MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
At MAX’s Wine Dive it’s all about the EXPERIENCE. We’re passionate about food and wine - just like you! We pride ourselves on bringing you gourmet comfort food made from the highest-quality local ingredients in an exciting and unique atmosphere. In addition, we price our wines on a retail model - you can find amazing wines from around the world at the most competitive prices in town - and then take some home with you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St. - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St. reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (93)neighborhood gem (84)great for brunch (82)fit for foodies (79)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (28)great for lunch (26)late-night find (23)romantic (16)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Overpriced, Mediocre FoodArchbackVIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Max's Wine Dive at least 6 times in the past year, both the Fairview and Washington locations. I really tried to like this place, but to no avail. I've tried the fried chicken, Max 'n Cheese, Brunch, Champaign Salad, and a few other options on the menu. Not impressed. Max's falls into the category of cuisine I call "Shock and Awe." Everything is over the top and over priced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food and service. Left my wallet there. Half way to Austin realized it. Drove back everything intact. First class and honest people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal slightly rushedFranklinVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner at Max's on Saturday, taking advantage of one of the last days of restaurant week. The meal was for the most part good, except they rushed us through a little for no real reason. We had a 7:30 res and were drinking plenty of wine, so the pacing seemed a little strange. Otherwise it was a good experience. I will definitely return, but perhaps we'll order our wine first and wait on the meal order a little.Special Features:
- Brunch at Max'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Had a great brunch; food was delicious; our server, Erin, was personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service!MissyLeaDined on 8/29/2014Chandler was top notch! Made our evening! Knew his wine. Food was really good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodwinegirlDined on 8/28/2014This was my second and last time dining here. The fried chicken was terrible, however the mac & cheeses was great. The hot wings were so tough that I could not eat them I was so disappointed. The Chardonnay was buttery, smooth and delicious.Special Features:
- As always, super delicious!Agk1Dined on 8/24/2014This was our fifth time dining at Max's, but the first time to eat brunch. It was AMAZING. The quality and flavors of all our items were fabulous. Super great server (Grace.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Went for restaurant week. Menu choices were very good. Service was almost too fast, with courses coming while others were still being eaten. But the atmosphere was nice, very very loud, but fun.Special Features:
- The best fried chicken ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We visited Max's Wine Dive for the Houston Restaurants Week. Arrived and found out we had made our reservation for the wrong day. The hostess graciously informed us of our blunder and we were seated in 20 minutes. We choose 2 different items for each course. The Caesar and watermelon salads were good. The Not your Momma Nachos were surprisingly tasty. The pulled pork stuffed peppers were melt in your mouth fabulous. For our entrees, we choose the famous fried chicken and the signature blend burger. There can not be any better fried chicken or burger in existence. The collard greens and mashed potatoes that came with the chicken were out of this world. We fought for the last bite. The burger was very tender and full of flavor. Best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyJennDined on 8/22/2014Always a great place, and for restaurant weeks, it had a great special. Service was great at first, but diminished as the night went on.Special Features:
- Yummm!FUFBDined on 8/22/2014The Max & Cheese was outstanding! The Service friendly and knowledgable!Special Features:
- My Birthdaythouston826Dined on 8/20/2014I was there to celebrate my upcoming birthday with friends. We had wonderful service and are planning to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not enough wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Food was very good! Wait staff pleasant. Wine service not excellent. Most glasses served were NOT filled to a normal sized glass of wine. Very short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Washington locationMattyBDined on 8/19/2014Elegantly funky setting, more spacious and slightly less noisy than Washington location. (Although both are too loud for the visiting we wanted to do). Food is imaginative and yummy. Way better than one expects from bar food. Service is the right mix of attentive and friendly without interrupting our fun. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW '14AllIdoisEatDined on 8/18/2014Took the opportunity to try this place out for HRW this year. Tried my friend's Fried Egg Sandwich and it was to die for! Was pretty happy with my food(I had the oyster nachos, caesar salad, and fried chicken as main course) The only exception was the dessert I picked. "Birthday Cake in a Glass" was disappointing. Was pleased with the service and ambiance/environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu a delightWino4SureDined on 8/17/2014Pulled pork and oyster starters were really yummy and the fried chicken main course is always a delight restaurant week or not. The kitchen was a little slow, but the server made up for it with a really great attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Comfortdeeonly1Dined on 8/17/2014Great place to get comfort food. I had the chicken wings and donuts; which is a nice spin off of the traditional chicken and waffles. Not for the faint of heart or anyone trying to watch their calories. Need a good cheat meal, sunday brunch here is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waittressBellaireFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014But everything else is just above average. Great if you like heavy food and want to fill up.Special Features:
- Great BrunchAliWDined on 8/17/2014I took my mother and grandmother here for brunch last Sunday and we had a great time. The chicken fried lobster and mac and cheese were so good! It was my first time at this location and it was great and not too crowded.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014This is my second visit to this Max's location. As usual with Max's, the food, service and wine was great. The staff is very accommodating and very friendly. I dined with a group for Houston's Restaurant Weeks, and we had a great time. Just FYI, if you are dining with a party of more than 6, the bill cannot be split, but that was not a problem for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicerocketgirlDined on 8/16/2014Erin was our waitress and she made the whole night great. She was attentive and knowledgeable about the food and wine... She was a great representative for the restaurant. We had the restaurant week menu which was awesome. A great selection of their classics at a reasonable price. We had the famous fried chicken and the Mac and cheese... The brownie dessert was our fave. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experienceEmpress1908Dined on 8/16/2014My first time visiting this spot was a great experience. Food was great and we received great service. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLadyofthelakeDined on 8/15/2014Great food and drinks. A girls night out to remember. Will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, Friendly Staff, OK FoodLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/13/2014First time to visit this relatively new Max's location and brought another couple along for the experiment. We arrived to an empty resturaurant at 6pm and were quickly seated in the back. Within an hour, every table was full. The noise level is significant here (sound appears NOT designed for the space, just used two monster speakers as opposed to small, more distributed speakers) so table conversations were strained. Clearly the place is appropriately named Wine Dive with an extensive and robust wine list. The wait staff attends weekly wine classes and are knowledgable and experienced with the vast selections. Although known for their odd food combinations, the combinations seemed uninspired and weak. The normal menu lacks diversity.Special Features:
- melinda roquemoreMelRDined on 8/12/2014Good food and excellent service. Ask for Chandler and he will provide you with the best service ever with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have fun, eat well.BandNDined on 8/10/2014Creative and tasty food in a casual, bar dominated environment. Signature fried chicken and burgers were very good. Other noteworthy items - mac 'n cheese, bread pudding. Friendly service, makes you feel at home. If you like loud music, lots of happy people and good food, this is your place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChickenNewHoustonFoodieDined on 8/10/2014This is one of my favorite spots in the DFW area and I was excited to learn they had locations in Houston. In my party for brunch were my two sons and I. While they enjoyed what they ordered, I would have liked to see more options for kids. Service was GREAT! The one area in which I was extremely saddened by was the menu option for chicken and..... I came in for Chicken and Waffles. I didnt realize that the different locations offered a variation on this dish. However, Chicken and Donuts is not a winner in my book. What saved the day, the Chicken. I ordered Chicken breasts for myself and wings for my boys (to supplement their kids meal) and they were fighting for the last piece. They definitely want to return. Waffles next time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for brunchTeeLee83Dined on 8/10/2014My first time at this location. Initially tried the crawfish benedict. It was not very good. No flavor. I switched to the wings and doughnuts. Much better. Speedy service. Nice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!saintsgrlDined on 8/9/2014The fried chicken is amazing!!! service was great. will be backSpecial Features:
- Deliciousdebs410Dined on 8/8/2014We went to Max's for Houston Restaurant Weeks and were not disappointed. The waitress was friendly and down to earth, but still professional, and the food was delicious. We all shared each other's dishes and were happy with the results. We will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitorImpressedDined on 8/7/2014We were greeted by smiling faces at the door and taken right to our seats. Our server was very attentive and took excellent care of us. The food was delicious and the friend chicken was definitely worth the trip! We will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great Experience!htxfoodieDined on 8/2/2014We choose to dine at Max's Wine Dive for HRW. Our overall experience was as perfect as could be! The food came out in no time and our waitress was great. My boyfriend and I highly recommend Max's!Special Features:
- mjs3606VIPDined on 8/2/2014Went for Restaurant Week (or month). The food was fabulous! Had the truffle mac n cheese, watermelon salad, crackling chicken with mushroom risotto and birthday cake in a glass. All for $35! Heather was terrific keeping us fat and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutsidedinerDined on 8/1/2014Fun experience! Great wines - great food. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeyummy26Dined on 7/31/2014Food was excellent (the reviews of the fried chicken were all TRUE!). Our server Michael, was one of the best so ask for him! Can't wait to go back and try the oyster nachos : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for counting calories!Str8talkDined on 7/28/2014The food was terrific; very rich! Because of the smaller plate sizes, we were able to try a couple of things. Prices were great! I understand why I couldn't get a reservation for the weekend brunch. But for those counting calories, or trying to slim the waist line, stay away!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CluelessxpctdmorVIPDined on 7/27/2014We were a party of 8 coming for brunch at 10:30am and was told that they were completely booked for the day, even though when I checked availability online, I could have booked 2 tables of 4. When we showed up at the restaurant they insisted they could not seat us together in the main dining area. The entire restaurant was empty except the bar & patio. We were forced to sit outside in the summer heat and direct sunlight, with no fans or umbrellas. Two hours later when we left, the main dining room was STILL completely empty! It was obvious the staff completely lacked any training in scheduling or managing table assignment. They did not care to try and accommodate anyone, and were lacking any problem solving skills. Where was management?
- Quaint, busy, deliciousHilaryDined on 7/25/2014Max's Wine Dive on Fairview has only been open a few months but it seems to have drawn its fan following from their Washington Ave to the new Montrose location. Food was delicious, although some options like the fried chicken salad were a little overpriced ($15 for chicken and lettuce).Special Features:
- Fun date night!ZzzzDined on 7/25/2014Small menu but execution is great. Thrilled they have a nicely thought-out composed vegetarian entree option (as opposed to just sides, salads or "vegetable plate" options. Who wants to eat a plate of vegetables??) The "roasted cauliflower picatta" was actually surprisingly tasty given it's not usually my favorite vegetable. Accompanied by delecious Saffron rice, buttery perfectly cooked root veggies. The picatta sauce (lemony / capers / savory) was tasty. I'd def get it again. Our waiter was very sweet and patient with me while I tried to decide on a wine. Desserts looked delish but we were too full to try at that point. Next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fried Chicken!DilleauxDined on 7/25/2014Finally got to have the fried chicken. Just as fabulous as the critics have said. Nice little spice added.