MAX's Wine Dive Atlanta - 12th St. NE
77 12th St. NE, Ste. 6b
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
MAX's Wine Dive Atlanta - 12th St. NE
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxswinedive.com/atlanta-12th-street/
- Phone: 4042490445
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11AM-11PM ( Brunch 11AM – 3PM; Dinner 4PM-11PM)
Monday-Thursday: 4PM – 12AM
Friday & Saturday: 11AM – 1AM ( Brunch 11AM – 3PM; Dinner 4PM-1AM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Crescent Ave. NE
- Public Transit: The nearest transit stop on Marta is the Midtown station and is 2 blocks from the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the street, and additional parking is located in the parking garage for building, which we will also validate. We will also have valet out in front of our restaurant.
A word from MAX's Wine Dive Atlanta - 12th St. NE
At MAX’s Wine Dive, we’re all about bringing “gourmet comfort food” to our guests alongside a constantly curated selection of wines from around the world, some of which cannot be found anywhere else, all served with a down-to-earth, rock-n-roll style. MAX’s Wine Dive is a restaurant and wine bar that’s fun, funky, eclectic and a complete juxtaposition that captures the qualities of a casual, industrial feel with a top-notch food and wine program. The menu consists of two pages—the first of which contains Wine Dive Classics that are common to all Wine Dive locations. On the other half of the menu, you will find seasonal changes, unique to each location, comprised of the Chef’s creativity and local ingredients. And don’t forget the wine—if you find ones you like, take some home with you! Ignoring the typical mark-up you see at most restaurants, we offer quality wines at reasonable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
MAX's Wine Dive Atlanta - 12th St. NE - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
MAX's Wine Dive Atlanta - 12th St. NE reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (67)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (42)hot spot (39)great for brunch (33)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)special occasion (14)late-night find (13)romantic (12)scenic view (3)Show More
- Instant RegularOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/18/2014After visiting Max's Wine Dive with a large group for dinner I immediately decided that I wanted to try brunch to see if the food and service would be as spectacular as it was the first time. I was not disappointed. The staff is very friendly and attentive and the food is simply wonderful. The fried chicken is extremely moist and flavorful, the collard greens are reminiscent of the foods that I enjoyed growing up in the south. The burger is top quality matched with hand cut fries. The wine selection is awesome and the retail wine is reasonably priced so taking one to go is a great option. I will be frequenting this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't have to go home to TexasfeedmeATLDined on 10/16/2014So it's official. I no longer have to go to my hometown of San Antonio to have jalapeño fried chicken and i just found another reason to stay in Atlanta. Max's is awesome. The bar scene is always vibrant but not as loud as two urban licks. The wine list is impressive and eclectic... And they give out samples. *swoon* The menu literally made my heart SQUEAL as my date and i ordered the bbq chicken empanadas. When the jalapeño fried chicken took 'an extra 10 minutes', they offered us a free appetizer. Ummm, yes. The pulled pork peppers did not disappoint. The service was impeccable from beginning to end and the experience all together made me look like a champion foodie in front of my date. I will definitely be going back on the regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Midtown DiningjttcDined on 10/10/2014Max's has an excellent wine menu both by the glass and bottle. The food was kicked up southern food with many gluten free options if desired. Service was excellent, very accommodating and friendly, and importantly, they were knowledgable and able to navigate through the wine menu succinctly with good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No so good this timeFrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/5/2014Always have fried oysters and the fried chicken. The oysters were gritty and the chicken was good not great like usual.Special Features:
- PickyPalateVIPDined on 9/21/2014For a wine place the selection was moderate and the wines tasted stale. Thought the menu had interesting choices, nothing lite for late night. I would recommend only because tastes differ and it is at ones discretion if they enjoy the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesFrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014My new favorite place. The fried chicken is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceDecaturIsGreaterDined on 9/20/2014I really enjoyed my dining experinces at Max's Wine Dive. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The prices were affordable and the food was delicious. I definately will come back and I will definately recommend this place to other friends and family.Special Features:
- Max is NO DIVE!finefoodfirstDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food and service! Highly recommend the Peanut Butter Jelly chicken wings and the pulled pork peppers - both were to die for! However, the atmosphere was very underwhelming ---I guess that's why they call it a Dive. Totally worth the trip for the wine and the service. Ask for Carl...he was an exceptional waiter. Love the fact that they sell at retail prices by the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Chicken WingsTiffDined on 9/19/2014I'm not a huge fan of fried chicken however the waiter really sold me on how great it is here. He was not lying! I had the peanut butter and jelly chicken wings for an appetizer and WOW! It was awesome, the chicken was crunchy yet juicy, you can taste that it was fried in a strong peanut sauce or oil and it was topped with jelly. I had shrimp and grits for dinner and it was very oily. I could have done without that. My coworker had the champagne salad and it was also underwhelming. Unfortunately, the P&J wings were a special and are not normally on the menu but it was so good I still give the place 3 stars.Special Features:
- awesome!CactusDined on 9/19/2014Loved my meal!!! Pulled pork peppers then skirt steak. Go to this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine; OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014THe wine list was extensive and pricey but needed in this neighborhood setting. Should have followed others advice and skipped the fried chicken, but had it anyway. They were right, missing basic salt/pepper seasoning. Though hot and fresh from the fryer, it still needed the basic of spices.Special Features:
- Cool SpotLainaCDined on 9/14/2014This was a cool little spot. Went for brunch, had the bagel bites, crime brûlée French toast, the sweet potato donuts and the chicken biscuits- all were fabulous! Only complaint is the service was very slow at the end trying to get our check. But I'd still go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like to explore with wine...CurlsDined on 9/13/2014... this is a great little place to do so. So many options to choose from and the servers will be more than happy to help you pair your wine with your meal. Complimentary valet parking a plus. And it is so close to Peachtree Street that you can walk off your wine coma while sightseeing at the same time. Would love to come back and explore their wine menu some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGaGirlDined on 9/12/2014I had never heard or been to this place before and I am constantly in this area! We went for our first engagement dinner and we absolutely loved it. It helped that we ended up booking during restaurant week as well but the place is not expensive! The food is amazing ad filling and the staff are great! Our waitress brought us champagne for our engagement and even recommended a wonderful rose wine that was also reasonably priced. We ended up buying the bottle in addition to the champagne! I cannot wait to go back! Kudos to the staff for being attentive to their customers and sharing special moments with them! Made us feel special!Special Features:
- Kitchen needs seasoning advice...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2014Appetizers were the best part of the meal. The potato pancakes with brussel sprouts were wonderful and a different take on loaded baked potatos! However, the fried chicken - while crispy - lacked seasoning; they were supposed to be jalepeno infused but needed basic seasoning. I think that all the salt made it to the greens they were the most salty greens that I could ever remember tasting. Their flavor was so tart I had to drink half my water after one bite - inedible! The people there are very nice, attentive and helpful. While I'd not return, they really are the best thing there....Special Features:
- Wine Heaven!GeeBDined on 9/6/2014As the name indicates, this is the spot to go to for a quality wine experience. They allow you to try any wine before investing in a glass or bottle. And they have the delicious food offerings to back up the impeccable wine selection. I ordered the baby kale salad because I had come anticipating just to try wine, but the plates at the tables around me looked so delicious that my stomach started rumbling. The salad was fresh and flavorful. My friend ordered the epic fried chicken and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our server was sweet and attentive. I will definitely be returning to explore their fresh rotating menu of seasonal flavors!Special Features:
- Good addition to Crescent StOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014Had both lunch and dinner there recently. Liked the food - fried oyster app very good , good burger and the fried chicken is good, but certainly not the best in Atlanta. Liked the wine list a lotSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood GormetTechniteVIPDined on 9/1/2014Wine selection is great, small plates limited and full plates uneven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown StandoutChrisCVIPDined on 8/30/2014The fried chicken is excellent - it is worth going just for that. Overall the food is very good. The wine list is a bit pricy, but there are some really good wines on the list. I would have like to see more wine by the glass listed, even though the waitress said you can order by the glass for any bottle as long as you get at least two glasses (you have to ask to have those priced). Great midtown location. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous!appreciateddinerDined on 8/30/2014Made the reservation on a Saturday evening largely because of the vast wine list. First started with two glasses of St. Urban Hof 'Circle U' Riesling, Mosel, which we liked so much that we ended up ordering a bottle. Nacho Mama's Oysters and Chef's Preservation Plate with cheese and charcuterie were both exquisite. The former wasn't too greasy and the latter had lamb bacon, which I especially like. The evening's special was a steak dish with avocado sauce, which was also fantastic. I just wish I'd been able to finish the five-layer chocolate cake, which wasn't too sweet but done just right. It was a first-time visit, a spur-of-the-moment outing here but we liked it so much that we plan to return and try other dishes and wine selections.Special Features:
- Champagne and Fried Chicken? Yep!LexiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great vibes and great service. This is such a neat little spot. We went on a tip from a coworker and had no trouble finding this place, though the valet situation was a bit precarious... Started with the pulled pork-stuffed sliders, which my boyfriend loved, and the potato latkes, which were great... Like Waffle House hashbrowns, all grown up and topped with Brussels sprouts. YUM! We then split the "famous" southern fried chicken for an entree, and while it was very good, I can't say that it was my favorite. (Of course, claiming to have the best fried chicken is a touchy subject in Atlanta.)Special Features:
- Service/FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Our waiter, Michael, was wonderful. We enjoyed his service, demeanor, customer service, conversation, and smile. I wish his personality could be duplicated in other establishments. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Damn. Good. Food!livinglovinglifeDined on 8/17/2014I went here for brunch and it was amazing! The menu has a nice wide-variety and the mimosas are awesome! Go ahead and get the carafe if you have a group of three or more. We had a nice sampling of the menu including the fried chicken and pancakes, grits, sweet potato donuts --topped with BACON <--gotta love that! We also had the smoked salmon on bagel bites and the lobster benedict! IT was SOOO good, plus the service was great. Friendly. Prompt. Pleasant, plus they have amazing "wine" inspired t-shirts. Make sure you get one. I will definitely be back. This place came highly recommended by Tish Around Town and it exceeded expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Chicken+Champagne=PerfectionEatinginAtlantaVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place was made with me in mind! Great wine and simply delicious food. I've been for both dinner and brunch and found it a fabulous experience each time. Carl our server, made an amazing impression at dinner and Heather handled a brunching table of 9 just fine! Definitely try the fried chicken and the latkes are great too! Brunch offer $3 mimosas (hello!!) and creme brûlée French toast. What more does a girl need?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, food overpricedJustinVIPDined on 8/15/2014Atmosphere was great, service was good, had a good wine list. Food was just okay. For the price of the food the quality wasn't there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New gem in townsherriberiDined on 8/9/2014This was one of the best meals I have had in Atlanta in years, the atmosphere is great, the service outstanding and the food presentation and taste was top quality. Good value for the price and the space was done with a great attention to detail. This would be a great spot for a small event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a bit hidden from crowdschellebelleDined on 8/4/2014Fantastic food and great service. Took the recommendation for fried chicken and licked the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!TbearDined on 8/3/2014Went here for brunch after drooling over the menu online..got the grapefruit ($3!) mimosa and fried chicken..absolutely delicious! The chicken has the tiniest bit of kick to it, due to the batter, and is the perfect level of crispy. Our waitress was incredibly nice, and the wine list/vibe was so nice that I plan to make this my after work go to. Great new addition to midtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Girls Night Out!KellyDined on 8/2/2014We chose to go here for girls night and it was a great pick. They have really fun music and ambiance, as well as great food and wine selections. Our server was really good, very engaging and was very knowledgeable about the wine menu. We had some Bison sliders which were good. I definitely want to go and try the fried chicken at some point though.Special Features:
- good food but eat outsideAIW2VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food is very good but if you want to talk to your companions eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCATLfoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Had great food & great service. Fun place! We are definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Midtown AdditionJohnHVIPDined on 8/1/2014Max's Wine Dive is the best new restaurant to hit the Midtown scene. Their fried chicken has set a new standard for the BEST fried chicken in Atlanta. The food is great. The service is great. And of course, as a wine dive, the wine list is fantastic. This was our fourth trip to Max's. This time we tried the skirt steak and it was the most tender and flavorful we had experienced in Atlanta. Great choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Imitation potatoes with fried chicken. Awful service b
- Great Addition to Midtownlovele1Dined on 7/30/2014I love the concept behind MAX's and am thrilled for them to be in Midtown. The food was great as was the wine. I literally have been dreaming about the oysters nachos and the brussels on the loaded latkes. The servers and staff are quite friendly and very knowledgeable. I can't wait to go back to explore the rest of their menu.Special Features:
- So excited Max's in here in ATL...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I've eaten at other Max's locations in the past and absolutely love the wine list, food and concept. I was so excited to see a location open in ATL. The fried chicken was delicious. Latke Cakes were incredible. And Fried Egg Sandwich always a croud pleaser. Try for dinner or brunch...bring your appetite.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014I wanted to find a new place for our date night. My wife and I loved the food, atmosphere and service. We are putting Max's Wine Dive on our list for date night again.Special Features:
- Great New Spot!knucksDined on 7/25/2014The food was great, the server was very nice and helpful. Towards the end of our meal, though, our server somewhat disappeared and it took us a long while to get our check. Other than that, it was an overall good experience.Special Features:
- Midtown Happy HourSouthernCharmsDined on 7/22/2014Met some friends for a week night happy hour. The ambiance is nice and casual with warm wood paneling and "Pulp Fiction" artwork that gives it a little edge. The wine list is great, however, it is pricy (even for their by the glass selections - some of which are on tap). The food was good. The menu has southern inspired food with a contemporary twist in small plate and large plate portions. I would recommend it for those who enjoy an extensive wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to Midtown Atlanta!GardengrrlVIPDined on 7/21/2014We were in the midtown Atlanta area for just one night and were looking for a place for dinner within walking distance of our hotel. We were delighted to find a brand new Max's Wine Dive a half a mile away! We had been to the Austin location and loved it. The new Atlanta location lives up to the reputation. The service was stellar with friendly and down-to-earth people. The food was delicious! We had a bottle of the Eco-friendly house red wine to wash down a Fried Egg Sandwich (scrumptious) and Fried Chicken (flavorful, tender and juicy). The jukebox is chock full of good tunes and it's free to play. Give this place a try. You won't be sorry. Two thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedJayEdwardVIPDined on 7/20/2014The concept is good -- a broad selection of good wines at reasonable prices with food, some of which not normally associated with fine wine, also at reasonable prices. The execution is also good. We enjoyed the fried chicken and fried oyster from the franchise side of the menu and other dishes on the farm-to-table, healthier page. Probably drank a glass or two of wine more than we planned, but what the heck. A friendly new option in Midtown.Special Features: