Max's Restaurant - Cuisine of the Philippines
Vancouver, BC V5R 5L7Neighborhood:
FilipinoPrice: CAN$30 and under
Max's Restaurant - Cuisine of the Philippines
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxschicken.com/
- Phone: 6044353505
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -5:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Filipino, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private functions rooms with a capacity of 50 each, can be combined as one, great for business meetings, corporate parties/events & presentations, as well as Wedding & Baby Showers, Baptismal, Kiddie & Birthday parties. Each climate-controlled function room has audio-video equipment which includes automated screen, LCD projector, wireless microphones and a digital sound system. Call us to discuss your event and we will customize to fit your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Marj/Reina 6044353505
- Cross Street: Lincoln Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Street Parking available in front of the restaurant but is restricted between 3:00pm - 6:00pm, weekdays. Side street parking available too. Free Circle Square Complex parking available (street level and underground) on the west side of the restaurant, and pay parking on the east side of the restaurant.
A word from Max's Restaurant - Cuisine of the Philippines
Max's Restaurant takes after the innate characteristics of Filipinos - hospitality, generosity and passion for good food. It elevates dining to an absolute experience for the palate. Recipes have been intricately developed for more than 60 years & given a modern twist to cater to the increasingly discriminating tastes of customers. It is almost impossible to put boundaries to the Filipino meal as it is a blend of influences from other cultures, such as Chinese, Spanish, Japanese & American. At Max's Restaurant, the freshest ingredients are chosen painstakingly, cooked passionately, and served generously. The menu is an exciting anthology of must-try dishes to feast upon from appetizers all the way to desserts. A spacious dining area & two functions rooms, great for business meetings, corporate parties/events & presentations, as well as Wedding & Baby Showers, Baptismal, Kiddie & Birthday parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Max's Restaurant - Cuisine of the Philippines reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good foodLuv2eatDined on 8/31/2014Food was great but the service needs some improvement..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LibraDined on 8/24/2014Food is good. It's just that they seemed to lack server especially when the place is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Max'sMaxsDined on 8/17/2014We are kind of frustrated with the food. We ordered the set order C, The Kare-Kare is not good at all. The pancit noodle is not cooked properly. We only got a small piece of Lechon Kawali for 5 people supposedly. The soup doesn't match on our food. The fried Chicken that we are all looking forward to, is not the same as you first open. It lack of taste or something. The service is very good though. Our waiter, even though looks so exhausted, still manage to smile and gave us a good service. The dessert are all good. We got Halo-Halo and Buko Pandan. Just the right sweetness.Special Features:
- Awesome dine in experienceHershDined on 7/28/2014It's my family's first time to dine in and it was a very pleasant experience. I booked our reservation a day ahead tru online, went to the resto and we are accomodated immediately. Our server if i can remember correctly, his name is Loevelle?. He was very attentive, friendly and he knows what he's saying when it comes to food suggestions/recommendations. We are celebrating a special occasion that day and it was awesome. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Filipino food!mar18winDined on 7/27/2014If you are craving for pinoy food this is the place to be! Be patient to line up because there's always a long wait especially on the weekends. That's why i'm thankful for opentable.com i was able to reserve online for our lunch no need to wait that long..service was good, reasonable price and the food was awesome.. craving satisfied..Sarap to the bones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filipino Comfort FoodVictorPDined on 7/2/2014The fried chicken served at this Max's was every bit as tasty as I remembered from my childhood (I grew up within walking distance of the original Max's Restaurant in Quezon City), and the additional dishes I tried (sisig and crispy pata) were delicious as well. The shaved ice dessert (halo-halo, another childhood favourite) was a great way to end the meal. Friendly, attentive service made our visit memorable. The restaurant was lively, but not unpleasantly so. For expatriate Filipinos, this dining experience is truly a taste of home.Special Features:
- Not so extraordinaryjosephDined on 6/30/2014We ordered Nilagang baka; taste was ordinary, potato still not soft, not much of vegie. They need more food servers. They were so hard to find and some so busy doing everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food to The Max !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We celebrated mom"s 81st and brother"s 50th bday there. To their surprise, they didn't expect that Filipino food tasted that good, as they are more on Canadian & Italian foods. I was very happy that they were pleased with the experienced. The food tasted so good, it was very well presented, the server was very nice and the service was excellent. This resto is labelled as one of the Best & Must try in town. Kudos to all the staff !!!! Perfect example of what a good customer service should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Max's Restaurant - Cuisine of the Philippines reviews archive.
- Overall - a decent experienceKCam73Dined on 3/29/2014We dined at Max's last Sat and as usual, we thoroughly enjoyed the food! The only thing that would have made this experience even better would have been the service. The service was not bad mind you, and the servers were all very friendly. The only thing was that they all seem run off their feet and had difficulty attending to everyone. One of our food items was forgotten completely, and we couldn't get the attention of anyone for some time, so that was a bit disappointing. Our section we were seated in also had a number of screaming kids, and the noise level overall was very high. That said, I still enjoy the food and the Halo Halo is the best! I think I prefer the lunch time setting at this restaurant though.Special Features:
- Online reservation was easy.BijouDined on 3/23/2014Online reservation was easy. Our table was ready when we got there. Loevele was very helpful with selection of dishes. He ensured by asking kitchen staff about ingredients of the dishes as we has a gluten free company. It was child friendly place, we had an active toddler and there were no complaints. Over all our dining experience was very satisfying. Would recommend Max's Restaurant any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a pleasant experienceBinooDined on 3/1/2014Not a pleasant experience dining with Max restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceKodagirlDined on 2/2/2014Max's service was wonderful. The Waiter was very helpful in suggesting dishes to try as we were unfamiliar with the cuisine. Very family oriented, but not overly noisy. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great desserts!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Good to find a nice Phillipino cuisine restaurant close to home. We just tried one dessert, but the others looked fantastic! Nice, friendly service.Special Features:
- Filipino Food For NewbiesNew2FilipinoFoodDined on 1/27/2014A great spot for those who have never tried Filipino food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Max's - Not bad considering....scrambler27Dined on 1/25/2014Thought we'd try a new place and a new cuisine - never had Philipino food before. Max's had an inexpensive Dine Out menu and 4 of us headed over. As it turned out, the food was ok, nothing to write home about, but that was just the Dine Out menu. Lots of breaded and fried things. That's my least favourite way of preparing food and eating it! 3 of us got the fish dish and one got the other meat dish. Everyone liked the cauliflower appetizer, though! Food was ok. Looking through the menu, it looks like there's a lot of good items there so we will go back and try some of the other dishes that are not breaded and fried. Service was excellent. Only had 2 wines to choose from, red or white. Also liked that it wasn't filled with TVs.Special Features:
- Great for family casual diningLoveFoodFoodieDined on 1/17/2014The appetizers were good, cauliflower puffs and pork ribs. I enjoyed the pork adobo in the Dine out menu. The sweet and sour fish was also delicious. Dessert was average, coconut and ice cream. The frozen fruit dessert wasn't that good. The service was excellent, Jasper was very attentive, funny and interesting. Limited wine selection; house red or white. It would be fun to return to try a few more of the signature Philippino cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first time diningCometDined on 1/17/2014It was my first time dining at Max's Restaurant and the experience was what I had expected. The food was very good and tasty. There was a wide variety of items to choose from the menu, which was nice. The restaurant was well lit, very clean and comfortable. Staff was all very friendly. Best of all, the price was very reasonable. The only complain I have is that the kitchen was slow. It took a long while before our food finally came. If the kitchen can improve on its efficiency in getting their food out to the table, then I would give it a 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meals are overpriced forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013The meals are overpriced for the portion that the restaurant serves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filipino Food! Yummy!MichelleDined on 12/14/2013we have ordered quite an amount of food and took some home and to my surprise, my husband ate them cold from the fridge and enjoyed it! the crispy pata (crispy fried pork shank or could be knuckles or trotter) was a big hit for him along with the sauce. palabok was good - just a little bit on the fishy side but was still enjoyed by my dad. kare-kare was a hit to all of us. the half chicken was my dad's favorite. they had tofu-asparagus which i would say was quite average being on the over cooked side. the service was outstanding!!! they offer free wifi and my husband had so much troubles and they were all sooo nice to check if he was able to connect or not and managed to give him a different connection to be able to work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.