Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame
1250 Old Bayshore Highway
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxsworld.com/
- Phone: 6503426297
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sa-Su 9:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Juan Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 40 people comforatbly
- Private Party Contact: Hung Tran 6503426297
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every evening from Sunday - Thursday 6pm - 10pm and Friday and Saturday 7pm - 11pm.
A word from Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame
For over 25 years, Max"s has served America's favorite foods with an upscale style at affordable prices. Boasting "everything you've always wanted to eat, "only at Max's will you find a corned beef reuben, chinese chicken salad, ribeye steak, BBQ ribs and portabello mushroom pasta all on the one table. And for those with a sweet tooth, Max's sinful, awarding desserts will keep you coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (28)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Max's sat us in the area we requested. The food was delicious! 4 of us had the Butter Lettuce Wedge salad - divine! I had the rib eye - perfectly cooked!I'm sorry to say I forget what the other 3 diners ordered! I can say we ALL loved what we ate!Special Features:
- Happy EaterNativeDined on 10/11/2014I love New York Style Deli Food. I also have been a fan of Max's for years. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodVIPDined on 10/7/2014I ASK THE HOSTESS TO CHECK US IN, SINCE I BOOKED IT W/ OPEN TABLE, BUT SHE DIDN'T !!!!!! THAT'S NOT GOOD SERVICESpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Feel it is overpriced for what it is, our reservation was held for us which we appreciated as we were 25 min late.Special Features:
- Comfortable and TastyDateNightVIPDined on 10/1/2014Max's always provides a comfortable, friendly place to get good food. The upscale feel makes it perfect to bring out-of-town visitors, while the reliable menu provides many delicious choices.Special Features:
- Max's is the Place for Deli in S.F.gottaeatgoodDined on 9/28/2014Max is the place for deli food that all us New Yorkers seek out. San Francisco is really limp when it comes to good deli food - and good New York style bagels for that matter. So Max's is the only answer to this serious food need. Portions remind one of New York as do the towering sandwiches, desserts and abrupt service. Saves one a trip to New York to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sadsimulcasterVIPDined on 9/18/2014Used to dine here frequently in the past, but hadn't been for a while and was extremely disappointed. The waiter was very good, but the food was not the quality that I remember. I had a hot pastrami sandwich that was very sad and I could barely finish 1/2. Won't be returning.
- SwenorfreireDined on 9/12/2014We always gravitate to Max's deli sandwich selections when we visit one of their locations. This was our first visit to the Burlingame location. On this trip we enjoyed a delicious Hot Corned Beef and Pastrami on Rye with Swiss and a California Chicken Melt. Their selection of cocktails, wine and beers are varied and adequate. For dessert we splurged on a decadent Hot Fudge Sunday. The service was attentative but not obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedNorCalGalVIPDined on 8/29/2014I can never remember a poor serving of corned beef until last week. It was fatty and greasy. What's happened? I should have sent it back rather than try to cut off the fat. That became impossible. Really sub-par for Max's.Special Features:
- Bad burgersGilbertwaDined on 8/26/2014Black Angus sliders cooked far too long, extremely dry,no taste, hard to swallow. Our 8-year-old had 3 baby burgers , same problem, not edible. Was not offered an exchange even after complaining....very disappointingSpecial Features:
- wabash21VIPDined on 8/24/2014always great food and plenty of it. Usually go for lunch, which is quite busy, but always worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!seniorsdelightDined on 8/21/2014We had a birthday luncheon for 7 seniors and enjoyed not being rushed and in a quiet area so we could talk. The service was really helpful and great! Food excellent. I had the Caesar salad with rock shrimp. Excellent! Couldn't see what others ordered but they were all pleased with selection. I have enjoyed eating at different Max's restaurant for decades and they all have been consistently good. Do keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Dinner On The FlyOnly2Dined on 8/18/2014A Great location for eating to/from San Francisco International Airport or when staying at the Holiday Inn Express which is on the same property. The food was equally as good as the Max's in Menlo Park, CA. Our server (whose name I neglected to ask) was efficient, accommodating, and pleasant. He was eager to please and made our dinner more than just a place to have dinner when traveling!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014I went to the restaurant for a special birthday and was disappointed in our waiter and the service. Never acknowledged the special birthday that was noted on the Open Table reservation. Even though I had listed on Open Table that is was a special birthday, no one made any attempt to acknowledge this (which is a first as this has never happened at any other Open Table special reservation that I have made). Waiter was not knowledgeable regarding items on the menu. All ordered the same steak, but 1 was served 5 minutes after the others. The macaroon, which used to be so moist was so dense and dry that is could be used as a paperweight. I bought it to take home for later and ended up throwing it away.
- waiting for a late flight inlatenitemealDined on 8/11/2014the food was good...and the portions were humongous!! we had a mini reunion at Max's since our friends will be staying at the Holiday Day Inn Express right next door. we booked our table for 8:45 p.m. since the restaurant closes at 10 p.m. and our friends were to arrive at SFO at 7:45 p.m. their flight was delayed and they finally arrived at Max's at 9:45 p.m. Our waiter was not happy the whole time we were waiting for our friends. He was checking around our table before they arrived, but disappeared when they arrived and were ready to order. We had to search for him and another waiter helped to search too.Special Features:
- Food for everyoneBurlpersonVIPDined on 8/4/2014There is a big variety and the food is well prepared. Service is nice. Big restaurant that is divided up so it is easy to converse without hearing everyone else's conversations from other tables.Special Features:
- Fun for a group!DateNightVIPDined on 7/27/2014Max's of Burlingame is a great place to enjoy a large group. The variety of food provides ample choices for everyone, including kids. Their desserts are incomparable, especially the Niagara Falls cake and New York CheesecakeSpecial Features:
- Just good consistent foodFastpilotDined on 7/26/2014We have enjoyed Max's for some years and found it to be reliable for good food and drink. Nothing fancy, save for maybe desserts, and you won't leave hungry. Good variety of goodies for everyone's taste, and reasonable on the wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for weekend brunchMotherof2Dined on 7/19/2014The hostess was really nice and was able to accommodate us with two baby chairs right away. Service was excellent and food was really good. My guests really enjoyed themselves and said they would go back on their own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food at Max'sDateNightVIPDined on 7/16/2014Max's is always a place to get fresh food. From salads to beef brisket to fresh turkey and corned beef, everything is tasty and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Gave me a headacheHeartManDined on 6/30/2014Went with a party of six. Given a table with no overhead light; very hard to read menu. There was a room with plenty of light, but it was closed off to customers. The assistant manager opened the curtain to give us more light, but the staff closed the curtain when they took their breaks in that room. The table was very near a back door which slammed shut every time the staff or customers used it, which was frequent. The wait staff was very attentive, but we waited over 30 minutes for our food after ordering. The food was very good. I would go back, but not with a party larger than four and make sure to be seated in the main room.Special Features:
- Best restaurant near SFO airporteatsRusDined on 6/28/2014We hosted a delicious bon voyage party at Max's for a family member before she used SFO airport. Food & service both fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 140 reviews are from the Max's Restaurant & Bar of Burlingame reviews archive.
- Always good foodDateNightVIPDined on 6/24/2014We enjoy the good food at Max's every time we go. The live music enhances the experience. My favorite is the grilled chicken Cobb salad.😀Special Features:
- Great early dinnerLarryDined on 6/22/2014We came here for an early dinner with our 2 year old. He had his grilled cheese sandwich with apple sauce, and i had the mac and Cheese with Bacon, so good! Great place with great food. Enjoy!Special Features:
- 4eatsDined on 6/21/2014I have dined here often & am still impressed with the staff as well as the quality of the food. The desserts are Fantastic as well.Special Features:
- Always goodNorCalGalVIPDined on 6/20/2014Food is consistent but some of the changes make us sad, such as no longer bringing hot tea to pour over ice, for fresh ice tea. A good place for a small group to go.Special Features:
- vinsterDined on 6/13/2014Food and service was average. Not bad. Not great.
- My Return to Max'sTomBVIPDined on 6/1/2014I went to Max’s for the second time in four days. No matter what you eat at Max’s you will be satisfied with quality and quantity of food, the service, and the reasonable prices. I enjoyed the pan seared salmon entrée and the luscious Niagara Falls Cake, a must for any chocoholic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty breakfastDateNightVIPDined on 6/1/2014Max's breakfast is delicious! The omelets are large and tasty, the fresh fruit option is really nice.Special Features:
- A Return Visit to Max'sTomBVIPDined on 5/29/2014My second trip to the Bay Area in five weeks, afforded me the opportunity to have dinner at Max’s during their asparagus and artichoke festival. I enjoyed one of their specials, chicken with broiled asparagus and artichokes. And one always leaves room for one of Max’s great desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelingWylieDined on 5/29/2014I was staying near SFO to catch an early flight. I considered going into the city, but decided to stay close. Max's menu looked appealing. Unfortunately, the menu on Open Table did not match the menu I received. The ambiance was somewhat dinerish, but the food was good. An included side was creamed spinach. The best I have ever had. The waitress was outstanding.
- Loyalfan51VIPDined on 5/26/2014On our way to the airport. Lots of choices. They were sensitive to our timing needs. Food was so good we took an additional meal to go for the airplane.Special Features:
- DisappointedItisnotMaxsdowntownDined on 5/23/2014We used to go to Max's in downtown S,F. and it was great, This was not!Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's Day dinner!socal9rDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful Mother's day dinner here Sunday. Although there were walk-ins waiting, we were seated immediately at our reservation time. Even though there was a full house, the service was fast and there was no delay in getting our drinks/appetizers/entrees/dessert. Our waitress Enjoli was a gem, thanks so much for making my day special. This restaurant must get a lot of walk in business from the nearby hotels - even though we live 5 minutes away, we return here time after time for their wonderful food and service, and have never been disappointed. So glad to have you in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortabletryitDined on 5/11/2014The food was good. I enjoyed my meal. I had the pan seared salmon that came with a drizzle of dijon sauce and it was wonderful. This restaurant is a nice change of scenery if you're tired of going to the same old diners in town. I guess, if I were to describe it by comparing it to other restaurants, the food is better than Applebee's, Chili's, or restaurant's like that. They also had a piano player/singer. It's been a while since I've seen that in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Not a bad outting...LarryDined on 5/10/2014We stopped in here for dessert on Saturday before Mother's day because we weren't really hungry, but did feel in the mood for dessert. We were able to feed our 2 year old and eat our strawberry shortcake too!Special Features:
- Where's the Pate' ??SpinsbabeDined on 5/10/2014Able to get reservations for 5 at the last minute. Food with very good...... while service was poor. Extremely disappointed that this Max's does not have any chicken liver or pate selections!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Max Burlingame LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Max's is easy to get to, menu has good variety to choose from, food is very good as is the service and overall ambience.Special Features:
- Not happy at allFoodietwinDined on 5/2/2014Well I wanted to take my daughters to dinner Friday night after being seated at a table with two chairs their were three of is and we awkwardly stood while they got a chair we should have left. Took 20min to have a waiter greet us. Another 20 for drinks and then we order another 25 later well maybe the food would have won me over if they brought all my food out. The waitress comes back when we are done and says whoops I forgot this part of your meal do you want it separate. Well no I already ate what was give. I have never had the urge to walk out of a restauraunts at many times then I did that night. Come on you see two kids you don't ignore. Felt very rude and unwelcoming. Not a fun experience. No dessert order since it was never offeredSpecial Features:
- Great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014Consistently tasty huge portions. Asparagus and artichoke special menu was outstanding. Desserts are always a tasty treat one is plenty for two or more. Location near airport makes it perfect for before or after a flight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.