Max's of San Ramon
2015 Crow Canyon Pl.
San Ramon, CA 94583Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Max's of San Ramon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxsworld.com/
- Phone: 9252779300
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00AM - 2:00PM Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 4:00PM DInner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Arturo Avalos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A Max's Event offers full service catering from causal business and private breakfast, lunches and dinners to large private parties we can plan your event from beginning to end. We are full service and offer very creative, light, American and California Cuisine with many specialty selections. You can Pick up your orders, have us deliver or we will provide all services for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer Private Patio Seating, A large Back room with T.V.s and a more intimate Private Lounge.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Terry 9252779300
A word from Max's of San Ramon
Max’s of San Ramon "Everything You've Always Wanted to Eat" Max's offers Wonderful Fresh Items, Big and Bold Salads, Full Entree's, A superb choice of appetizers, an extensive choice of Hot and Cold Sandwiches and a Full Bar with an extensive selection of Specialty Drinks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Max's of San Ramon reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our waitress was friendlyR9RMDined on 11/19/2013Our waitress was friendly and had the perfect amount of energy for our group. There were 13 of us and she handled it perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than most of the other Max'sJohnVIPDined on 9/20/2013Good food, concerned service...Always liked this particular Max's---one of the better entries in the Max's chain;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013The food was late. One order was really late. Beverages didn't come until we asked again. Dessert didn't come until we asked twice.
- Great for my Family and Birthday50andlovingitDined on 9/1/2013Had a great time celebrating my birthday and will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENT!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2013I've chosen Max's for a good number of work and social functions. ALWAYS accommodating large groups, it's a great place where everyone can find something to their liking. I've also come here for lunches of 2 or 4 just because the prices are reasonable and, again, the menu options are vast. Never had a bad meal (nor have ever heard of one) and the staff is proficient and efficient. Good people!Special Features:
- Think they were understaffedNanaof3Dined on 8/10/2013Think they were understaffed on Sat. night. A mix up on our order had me receiving my food as they were clearing empty dishes from some family members. Like the fact that there are t.v.'s and we were able to watch sporting events. Will probably go back since it's a family friendly neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Overpriced discomfort foodJchuDined on 8/2/2013The whole restaurant felt sticky - food came in huge portions but was overly greasy and salty. We had the onion rings and even my son couldn't finish half of one because the batter was too hard. The only redeeming thing is the server. He was nice, prompt, and very pleasant. Can't go back only because Inge good service as this was one of the worst restaurants we have gone in a very long time.
- Birthday DinnerHeidibirthdayDined on 8/2/2013We drove out to San Ramon to celebrate my birthday. I had a great shrimp salad that I inhaled. Our server was very friendly and honest when asked about certain food choices. She said they were good, but some were rich. And in the end, she came out and brought me a Sunday with a candle and she sang Happy Birthday by herself. How cool was that? I would go back again.Special Features:
- Its a diner!DragnetDined on 7/27/2013We didn't need reservations. The place wasn't crowed, however, they chose to set us up in the "banquet" area as far back as you could go. We changed to the outside patio since the weather was great. Nobody there either. They are right on Crow Canyon Road and the patio is next to the sidewalk/blvd.. It was OK for us, but I couldn't define it as romantic unless you like the view and noise of passing cars. It would have been nice to have been seated inside upfront in a booth. Especially since we went to the trouble of making reservations and not just walked in off the street. A better table should have been reserved for us (isn't that what a reservation is for-preplanning?). Waiter excellent -food tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is goodladiesweekendVIPDined on 7/12/2013but the service is sometimes is questionable. the place was pretty empty, yet when we said we had 2 kids, they wanted to place us in the farthest back corner of the restaurant. We've sat there in the past and it is a wasteland and servers forget you're there. I asked them to seat us in the main dining area. Food is always good but maybe slightly over priced.Special Features:
- Fabulous saladsbrunchVIPDined on 6/26/2013Our group had the roasted beet salad, Greek salad and sweet and sour spinach salad. We are every bite! Fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Place for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/16/2013Max's is a diner, not a fancy or special place, so when you have a need for a weekend brunch or a place for a comfortable meal, this is a good choice. It's not the cheapest eats, but the volume of food is large and its normally hot and tasty. The servers are usually friendly and helpful. It's close by the highway and fairly easy to get in and out. Expect the check to be $15 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ther food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/14/2013Ther food was excellent and so was the service. The restaurant decor was a little dated but overall we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love eating at Max'sBobMVIPDined on 5/21/2013We love the fast friendly service. Lot to choose from. My only negative is no WiFi at this location. Sorry, but for business people and others WiFi has become a given.Special Features:
- Will not be back here anytime soonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2013Came here on Mother's Day for a quick brunch. Waited 20 minutes for water and our order to be taken and another 45 minutes for our food to arrive. only reason we would come back here is if we get a gift card from someone as a gift.
- Mother's dayNancesenceDined on 5/12/2013Made last minute reservation for Mother's Day. Boys had a bacon cheeseburger and ultimate grilled cheese with bacon. I ordered the California Brnedict. Server said it came with a side of whole wheat toast. The Benedict was suppose to come on an English muffin but mine came on top of the whole wheat toast. Just had to laugh! Server came back with toasted English muffins. Mimosa was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swing and a missOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2013Good food and portions but the last 3 times I have gone here the service is just way to slow. Even with a small attendance it took an hour to get our food the last visit. They did comp our meal but it is shame they can't get the service right since we do like the food and location.
- Wow that was badSad1Dined on 5/12/2013Having a reservation should not mean sit you down and ignore. After 20 minutes we got up and the manager then jumped in front of us and said we'll be right with you, we left without eating or even having a glass of water. Sorry my tolerance level for poor service is very low. The food there has been so so since the founder sold many years ago now with the service I have a reason to never return. BTW this was a Mother's Day brunch and we were there befor the crowds, nice way to start Mother's Day .... Thanks Maxs
- FoodJuice6Dined on 5/12/2013My mom and I went for Mothers Day Brunch and we had the eggs Benedict. It was terrible.Special Features:
- There was very little specialTheBeckVIPDined on 3/31/2013There was very little special about this restaurant. The food was OK - a bit bland for my taste. We were treated well and it was suitable for dining with 3 year old twins.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We eat at Max's regularly and were surprised by the awful meal and service we received on our 6pm visit in February, 2013. We ate in the lounge area and hardly any table servers ever came thru that area. We waited almost 45 minutes for our salads and then had to wait again for our entree. One of us requested the end cut of prime rib and received a cold raw middle cut. One wanted mayo for his sandwich and it was brought after we had finished eating. All the dinners were lukewarm. To top it off, our bill included another tables food. So disappointed!!!!Special Features:
- Don't Do It!SeanCVIPDined on 1/27/2013Today was our first and last visit to Max's of San Ramon. The hostess, server, and food runner were all very nice, polite, and professional. The food was terrible! The coffee was burnt, the hash browns were soggy, the biscuits were hard as rock on the outside, and powdery on the inside, and the eggs were like rubber. We stopped after just a couple of bites, apologized to the server, gave her a tip, and left. I've never had a bad experience at any other Max's restaurant, so perhaps it was just this location. However, things were so uniformly bad, that I doubt this was a one-time occurrence.
- I love the relaxed feel ofJRoneDined on 1/20/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place - dark, small and cozy – like a comfortable place to have fun and some good food.Special Features:
- This was one of the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2013This was one of the worst meals I have had in years. There are plenty of restaurants from which to chose where the owners and managers actually put a little bit of effort into the business. Stay away from this place.
- My mom and I always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2013My mom and I always enjoy the specials. The food is fabulous and resonable. The main complaint was it is too much food. I had the meatball sandwich special and my mother enjoys the cornbeef ruben. The service is good but you should get reservations because it is always busy.Special Features:
- Great breakfast, and fast!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013Great breakfast, and fast! The kitchen staff was really "on top of their game". We always love the food and the service at Max's Diner!Special Features:
- Food was tasty and offersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2013Food was tasty and offers large portions but very salty. Decor at this particular Max's is poor...feels like a Denny's that doesn't get enough visitors.
- The service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/18/2012The service was very slow for 1:30 - 2:00 pm, but food was good.
- goood old deli/dinner foodtsunamiVIPDined on 12/16/2012goood old deli/dinner food and save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Good diner eats with everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2012Good diner eats with everything you would expect--hash, meatloaf, breakfast served all day, and a great rueben sandwich. Easy, comfortable place, and handled a crowd of 12 without issue.Special Features:
- Even food snobs will be happySteveMVIPDined on 9/9/2012Good American food and deli prices. Great burgers and deli style sandwiches. Presents itself as a deli/diner, and does both well. Menu offers a lot of choices from really good and generous salads, to sandwiches and burgers. Hot plates include family diner choices such as meatloaf, turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, chicken fried steak. A smattering of pastas, decent wine, beer choices. SIZABLE desserts - not a low cal choice anywhere on the dessert menu. Not to worry - this is comfort food HQ. enjoy. Even food snobs will be glad they went.
- Food was mass quantities.ThepilotVIPDined on 9/1/2012Food was mass quantities. Food was good! If you are hungry, have a bunch of hungry kids or have to eat alot, this is the place. The food was very good. Could not finish my sandwich, had to take half of it home. Good food!!!Special Features:
- Nice for lunch, not perfect thoughJohnDined on 8/23/2012Hit or miss on food and service. They seemed overwhelmed, though not crowded. Sandwiches were very good, fries were excellent but cold.Special Features:
- Sturdy US fare, partiallySteveMVIPDined on 8/13/2012Sturdy US fare, partially deli in flavor, served in large portions. Upscale diner, but clean, well run, polite service, and good food.Special Features:
- Large menu and servingsFoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2012Large menu and servings with options for every diet.Special Features:
- Terrible! I waited for overprimeribberVIPDined on 7/12/2012Terrible! I waited for over 25 minutes after taking a seat at the bar for my lunch. When I questioned the server. She relied sullenly and defensively that she would bring my order out when it was ready. I walked out five minutes later.
- Had an enjoyable meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2012Had an enjoyable meal with my mother. this was my 2nd time and she has been more frequently. Good and healthy specials reasonably priced. Will definately go back.Special Features:
- it took one and a half hoursOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012it took one and a half hours to get our food. Then most was cold. My entree salad had no salad dressing on it.I ask to Hostess to please get me some. We understand that they had a problem with their computers but we were not told that until after the fact. People all around us were complaining. We have been going to Max's for years but this makes us think of not returning.
- With our large group of nineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2012With our large group of nine the staff kept checking to see if we were comfortably seated and had everything we needed.Special Features:
- The only thing better thenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2012The only thing better then the amazing food Was the great serviceSpecial Features: