169 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://maxsharvest.com/index.php
- Phone: (561) 381-9970
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Max's Harvest
Using only freshly-prepared, local ingredients in all of our dishes…Offering wines that come from environment-, and earth-friendly growers…Friendly, polite, and accommodating servers who invite you in and make you feel at ease as if you are a welcome guest in their home…This is Max's Harvest The atmosphere in our restaurant is much like that of a dinner party at home, and we only feed you what we would feed our own families. In fact, we believe the best medicine is at the end of your fork. Together with our local suppliers, we strive for sustainability and believe the best-tasting food is that which has just been picked from the garden, lovingly raised at the hands of local farmers or just plucked from the branch of a tree. Come dine with us. Celebrate the moment. Enjoy the Harvest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Max's Harvest - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Max's Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)great for outdoor dining (92)neighborhood gem (87)great for brunch (52)special occasion (51)hot spot (37)romantic (29)good for groups (26)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/19/2014We have been hearing about this restaurant for a few years and finally had the opportunity to try it. I was disappointed perhaps because I had heard so much positive talk about this restaurant. The harvest salad was the best of the dishes my husband and I had. The octopus small plate was too well done and tough. I had a medium plate shrimp dish which was very tasty but too soupy. I can't remember what grain was described as part of the preparation but there was so little it was hard to tell. My husband's pork chop was prepared properly but arrived cold. We probably would have sent it back however our friend was served his medium plate of gnocchi which was such a tiny portion that we all reacted to that. To his credit, the manager brought him another dish of gnocchi.
- Love their courtyardOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014The 4 of us enjoyed a beautiful evening sitting out back in their courtyard. They start you off with appears to be a sweet cornbread that is very tasty. Our dinners tonight were Salmon, Risotto cake, Meatballs, & Burger and of course their scrumptious gourmet Mac & Cheese...always a must!! Our waiter was a little slow in returning to fill our water glasses and showed up after I had finished my dinner with a 2nd Sangria I ordered before our dinners arrived! Other than the service, we left knowing we would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent people watching.MattDined on 11/15/2014Food here was creative and tasty but not worth the price. Were I a single 35-50 year old, I'd be hanging out at this bar as the people watching is excellent. But since I'm not, I probably won't come back here.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was good but it was extremely over priced.
- Great place, will definitely go back.LinnyVIPDined on 11/12/2014Clean, beautifully decorated, delicious and creative food. Sat outside and was able to enjoy the weather and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningPererg512000Dined on 11/10/2014My wife and I brought my mother to Max's Harvest to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday. It could not have been a better experience. The food was terrific, the service attentive and polite, and the atmosphere was ideal for us. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Not for meCJS1312Dined on 11/10/2014I split a pork chop and burger with a guest so we could get a little of each meal. The chop was fatty for the most part and perhaps if prepared well done it may have been a better choice. The burger was a burger nothing special. It comes with a bun meant for a hippo. My other guests were happy with the fish in a winter salad. For me I will try another spot when in townSpecial Features:
- awesome spot in delraymaddsDined on 11/9/2014we went to Maxs for Sunday brunch. the menu has really great options for those of us who try to eat healthy while dining out. the wait staff is really friendly and the food is delish. not to mention to Bloody Mary/mimosa bar! yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AVOID!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Had brunch reservations for 8 -- ended up waiting 40 minutes for a table with no explanation or apologies from the rudest "manager" I've ever encountered in a restaurant!! Absolutely deplorable service - nonexistent after taking our order. Tables crammed so close and the noise level was so loud it was awful. The farmers salad was good - however the portion was childlike... Avoid - too many other wonderful options in our area.
- always deliversmikeVIPDined on 11/9/2014maxs always delivers. the food is always on point and service is typically matching the top notch quality of the foodSpecial Features:
- A little too busyDeannaDined on 11/9/2014I know this place gets crazy so I made a reservation days ahead of time. apparently the rain means people take their sweet time and the restaurant was unable to honor it to the best of their ability. Not their fault. Still good food but service would've been better if their were better staffed or prepped for the rainy craziness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as I expectedIlovefoodVIPDined on 11/8/2014I had heard lots of great things about Max's Harvest and was very excited about supporting a locally owned restaurant. The wines by the glass list is very overpriced. I love that they offer different size pours but still way over priced. We had the autumn and harvest salad, both were great. For entrees we had the scallops and burger. Both entrees were TOOOO salty. Over the top salt. The scallops were great on their own. There was some sauce pooled at the bottom of the bowl which tasted like salt water. The key lime pie was delicious. Beautiful presentation, great service, too salty.
- Great Good & ServiceBillCVIPDined on 11/7/2014We had dinner with a client and his wife and were looking for something good but different. We were more than impressed with Max's Harvest. Everyone had high compliments for both the food and the wine. Everything was extremely fresh and well prepared. Service was just right attentive but not overwhelming. We sat out front and did hear sone couple that moved from the back due to the noise but we very happy with the noise level out front. We will be back for sure in the future when we are back in town.Special Features:
- Not to be overlooked!Pj8552VIPDined on 11/5/2014A real neighborhood gem, I suggest not to pass this restaurant by. The atmosphere was perfect, which is important to me as well as the entire dinner! Dining outdoors on a great night just adds to the perfectness of the evening! Try the sangria with fresh blueberries, it's great. The salads are truly wonderful, especially the harvest salad. We loved our entrees as well. I plan on returning to this restaurant often when in the area.Special Features:
- Simply the bestvivraquelDined on 11/2/2014I just love Max's Harvest! I am a vegan and they always make me something special and so delicious. My family and friends are carnivores, so we like to go there because everybody is happy with their food! They tell me how wonderful their food is. Excellent restaurant! Great concept of local grown, organic food! We have never been disappointed !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice afternoonNeilHDined on 11/2/2014We enjoyed our Sunday brunch. Menu was slightly limited but we liked what we had: Harvest Omelet and French Toast. We also had 2 small plates: deviled eggs and goat cheese croquettes, both were outstanding. The $15/pp "interactive" bar for the unlimited bloody mary and champagne cocktails was our only complaint. You have to wait at the bar sometimes up to 10 minutes and then bring the drinks back to the table. It wasn't terrible but would have preferred being served the refills, there are 2 bars with one bartender for each so the wait gets long during the peak brunch time. Otherwise a nice experience......we would definitely do it agianSpecial Features:
- Tasty with a cool atmosphereMarshamaxDined on 11/2/2014Great choice for brunch, read the reviews on their organic approach and thought I would try it out as I am very picky, and was pleasantly surprised. Very trendy place which would normally turn me off, but the food more than made up for it as well as the outdoor seating area. Ran into friends whic h was nice, so all in all would reccommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014As always, the food was delicious. Our only complaint was the noise level. Thankfully it was a gorgeous day and we were able to sit outdoors because it was so loud inside, my dining companion and I would not have been able to comfortably carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Service was not acceptableMaryDDined on 10/31/2014We were seated quickly (had reservation) but then left alone for an extremely long period. Finally ordered drinks that also took a very long time when restaurant was only moderately filled. One drink came out wrong. Another long wait to put in food order and then had to ask if something was going on in the kitchen when we did not receive our appetizers. The waitress at that point noticed we had never been brought bread which she then delivered to our table. After we asked about the status on our appetizers, then they were quickly brought out. The service got a little better but not much.Special Features:
- gourmet findRhonoVIPDined on 10/25/2014the brussel sprouts are Delicious even though a little too salty for me; loved the wild salmon and everyone was happy at the table, hog snapper was also yum.Special Features:
- Great food as usualcrotchetyoldmanintrainingDined on 10/25/2014We've eaten here several times and each meal has been memorable. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. The waitstaff are also very well informed and professional. Can be somewhat noisy.Special Features:
- JustyouraveragedinersDined on 10/25/2014We were pleased with our meals. The pork chop tasted like pork chops of yesteryear - i.e. like pork chops. The fish was good, but not out of the ordinary. What was disappointing was the noise level and proximity of surrounding guests. However, the competence of the service was wonderful and made up for the noise level.
- A Very good restaurant in DelrayElizabethDined on 10/25/2014Always good food and good service! If you can have a table in the backyard it's so nice and we feel at home! Fresh food and tastySpecial Features:
- Wow!DavdLynnDined on 10/25/2014Chef Eric has hit his mark in full stride. Two fantastic dinners with savory appetizers. Happy hour is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It AgainSqueakDined on 10/23/2014My husband and I discovered Max's Harvest this May when we were in Florida for a week visiting from N.Y.C and we ate here twice and loved each meal. This weekend my sister's and I are here for a few days away and I had to bring them, and we had another great meal!Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 10/19/2014First time we were here for their Sunday Brunch. We started with their donuts and they were delicious. My wife ordered an omelet and I thought it looked a little overcooked but she liked it. I ordered their fried chicken and waffles and the waffles came out very overcooked so hard and stale. Plus they poured the maple syrup on in before serving which is a mistake. They need to serve it on the side. I told them about the waffles and they promptly brought me fresh, properly cooked waffles which were better but not terrific. If serving this dish the waffles have to be top shelf. Very relaxing and comfortable patio dining with very attentive service, hostesses and manager and definitely will return.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!GemFinderDined on 10/19/2014We went for sunday brunch with reservations. There still was a short wait, which is never fun when you went through the trouble of making reservations. The place is great, small and cozy busy. The food is fabulous. We had the pork belly benedict, the nutella french toast and the fried dounts that were in special. Everything was delicious. We also had the unlimited "interactive" bar. I'm not a fan of this model. When i'm brunching, getting up to get drinks is annoying and since the place is so cramped there is a wait. Its just not ideal and takes away from the experience.Special Features:
- Farm to TableBuckeyeTicaDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant does a great job of bringing local and fresh items to table! The menu was diverse enough to please everyone and the staff was great with our 2 year old who we brought along.Special Features:
- great new findrichVIPDined on 10/12/2014check out the back outside room especially for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short but sweetLive2EatEat2LiveDined on 10/3/2014Interesting food items, good quality food but a short inventory. Would like to see more beer selection. Their cocktails are overpriced with little alcohol. Very nice service with smiles all around. Clean bathroom and the manager visited the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedNanaDined on 9/28/2014this was our second time for brunch,first for our friends We ask for plain champagne They gave us something sparkling that we could not drink. They replaced it with somethinf better but warm and in a wine glass, We ordered 3 burgers, but they were out of it. Two of us selected lobster benedict. I still wonder where was the lobster At least,our server was nice.
- Best Brunch in townWendyDavisVIPDined on 9/28/2014Delicious meatballs to start, amazing chix & waffles. Fantastic build your own/unlimited mimosa bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNadigirlVIPDined on 9/27/2014What a great find. Went for brunch and found this place through Open Table. Had a lot of good reviews so decided to check it out. So happy I did. We were seated in the back patio that had a nice herb garden and water feature. Very nice and intimate setting. Our server was great and the food came out quickly and was so delicious! We had the deviled eggs, the goat cheese croquets and and omelet. The bartender made us great bellinis. Will definitely be heading back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lov2dineLove2dineDined on 9/26/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and enjoyed each occasion. However, this most recent experience left us disappointed. The pork chop was dry and the accompanying vegetables/greens were limp and soggy. We mentioned something to the chef and he was not apologetic at all. The meal wasn't horrible, but at the price point, very disappointing.Special Features:
- DeliciousStarbuckDined on 9/23/2014Great food. Fantastic, friendly, and attentive service. Very knowledgable waitress who made excellent recommendations. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked itdogoDined on 9/19/2014good food, good service, small menu but everything on it isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The HypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I've heard a lot about this restaurant and tried it once before and wasn't crazy about it but my husband and I went back again recently. The menu is limited I'm guessing due to the availability of local ingredients. The BELT salad was very good even though I'm not a big fan of thousand island dressing. We both ordered the skirt steak and neither one of us could finish it. I thought perhaps because the portion was generous but actually it's because the sauce was too rich...a restaurant that claims to be so down to earth shouldn't have to rely on rich sauces to finish a dish, even skirt steak which we all know needs some marinating...a light marinade would have been so much better.
- RedheadVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was unbelievable ! First we were given the carrot/zucchini bread with homemade butter that was outstanding. Our appetizers were the meatballs and goat cheese croquettes which were delicious. For dinner I couldn't decided so I had 2 small plates. One was the pork belly, the other was lobster gnocchi and my husband had the swordfish. Dessert was the keylime brulee. I definitely love the farm to table and a small menu. We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great service, priceyflamingo1011Dined on 9/13/2014Went for a friend's b-day. Great food, great service, pretty expensive. Nice bloody mary and champagne bar.... They definitely don't rush you....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestmikeVIPDined on 9/12/2014Maxs delivers every time. Food is unreal. Service is greatSpecial Features: