169 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://maxsharvest.com/index.php
- Phone: 5613819970
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Max's Harvest
Using only freshly-prepared, local ingredients in all of our dishes…Offering wines that come from environment-, and earth-friendly growers…Friendly, polite, and accommodating servers who invite you in and make you feel at ease as if you are a welcome guest in their home…This is Max's Harvest The atmosphere in our restaurant is much like that of a dinner party at home, and we only feed you what we would feed our own families. In fact, we believe the best medicine is at the end of your fork. Together with our local suppliers, we strive for sustainability and believe the best-tasting food is that which has just been picked from the garden, lovingly raised at the hands of local farmers or just plucked from the branch of a tree. Come dine with us. Celebrate the moment. Enjoy the Harvest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Max's Harvest - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Max's Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (68)great for outdoor dining (62)special occasion (43)great for brunch (41)hot spot (26)romantic (24)great for lunch (18)good for groups (14)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- KAS1VIPDined on 10/19/2014First time we were here for their Sunday Brunch. We started with their donuts and they were delicious. My wife ordered an omelet and I thought it looked a little overcooked but she liked it. I ordered their fried chicken and waffles and the waffles came out very overcooked so hard and stale. Plus they poured the maple syrup on in before serving which is a mistake. They need to serve it on the side. I told them about the waffles and they promptly brought me fresh, properly cooked waffles which were better but not terrific. If serving this dish the waffles have to be top shelf. Very relaxing and comfortable patio dining with very attentive service, hostesses and manager and definitely will return.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We went for sunday brunch with reservations. There still was a short wait, which is never fun when you went through the trouble of making reservations. The place is great, small and cozy busy. The food is fabulous. We had the pork belly benedict, the nutella french toast and the fried dounts that were in special. Everything was delicious. We also had the unlimited "interactive" bar. I'm not a fan of this model. When i'm brunching, getting up to get drinks is annoying and since the place is so cramped there is a wait. Its just not ideal and takes away from the experience.Special Features:
- Farm to TableBuckeyeTicaDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant does a great job of bringing local and fresh items to table! The menu was diverse enough to please everyone and the staff was great with our 2 year old who we brought along.Special Features:
- great new findrichVIPDined on 10/12/2014check out the back outside room especially for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short but sweetLive2EatEat2LiveDined on 10/3/2014Interesting food items, good quality food but a short inventory. Would like to see more beer selection. Their cocktails are overpriced with little alcohol. Very nice service with smiles all around. Clean bathroom and the manager visited the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedNanaDined on 9/28/2014this was our second time for brunch,first for our friends We ask for plain champagne They gave us something sparkling that we could not drink. They replaced it with somethinf better but warm and in a wine glass, We ordered 3 burgers, but they were out of it. Two of us selected lobster benedict. I still wonder where was the lobster At least,our server was nice.
- Best Brunch in townWendyDavisVIPDined on 9/28/2014Delicious meatballs to start, amazing chix & waffles. Fantastic build your own/unlimited mimosa bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNadigirlVIPDined on 9/27/2014What a great find. Went for brunch and found this place through Open Table. Had a lot of good reviews so decided to check it out. So happy I did. We were seated in the back patio that had a nice herb garden and water feature. Very nice and intimate setting. Our server was great and the food came out quickly and was so delicious! We had the deviled eggs, the goat cheese croquets and and omelet. The bartender made us great bellinis. Will definitely be heading back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lov2dineLove2dineDined on 9/26/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and enjoyed each occasion. However, this most recent experience left us disappointed. The pork chop was dry and the accompanying vegetables/greens were limp and soggy. We mentioned something to the chef and he was not apologetic at all. The meal wasn't horrible, but at the price point, very disappointing.Special Features:
- DeliciousStarbuckDined on 9/23/2014Great food. Fantastic, friendly, and attentive service. Very knowledgable waitress who made excellent recommendations. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked itdogoDined on 9/19/2014good food, good service, small menu but everything on it isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The HypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I've heard a lot about this restaurant and tried it once before and wasn't crazy about it but my husband and I went back again recently. The menu is limited I'm guessing due to the availability of local ingredients. The BELT salad was very good even though I'm not a big fan of thousand island dressing. We both ordered the skirt steak and neither one of us could finish it. I thought perhaps because the portion was generous but actually it's because the sauce was too rich...a restaurant that claims to be so down to earth shouldn't have to rely on rich sauces to finish a dish, even skirt steak which we all know needs some marinating...a light marinade would have been so much better.
- RedheadVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was unbelievable ! First we were given the carrot/zucchini bread with homemade butter that was outstanding. Our appetizers were the meatballs and goat cheese croquettes which were delicious. For dinner I couldn't decided so I had 2 small plates. One was the pork belly, the other was lobster gnocchi and my husband had the swordfish. Dessert was the keylime brulee. I definitely love the farm to table and a small menu. We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great service, priceyflamingo1011Dined on 9/13/2014Went for a friend's b-day. Great food, great service, pretty expensive. Nice bloody mary and champagne bar.... They definitely don't rush you....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestmikeVIPDined on 9/12/2014Maxs delivers every time. Food is unreal. Service is greatSpecial Features:
- FabulousBoyntongirlDined on 9/6/2014The food was fantastic. The meatball small plate was recommended and totally delish! We also tried the pork belly and shrimp. All very fresh and tasty. The service was very good, our waiter was very helpful when we had questions about the menu and he offered plenty of suggestions. A must try is the doughnuts !! I know we will back to try the Sunday Brunch which I hear is also very good. The only draw back is that, as with most places there on Atlantic Ave, the tables a very close together and a little crammed next to each other. I prefer a little more intimate dinning at those prices but the quality of the food more then makes up for that.Special Features:
- First Time...Recommended OnlineNotEZ2PleaseDined on 9/3/2014Searched online for a restaurant recommendation for our 25th and was not disappointed by Max's Harvest. We started with the salad special and meatball appetizer which were both unbelievable. My wife said the meatballs were just like her Italian grandmother made! Entrees were the chicken and swordfish which were amazing! All of the food is obtained by local farms so it's guaranteed fresh!We finished with the homemade donuts which were surreal.. This was our 25th so price was not an object, the wine prices per glass were more like the price of a bottle at Publix and drink costs were in the $12 range though it's downtown Delray Pineapple Grove so we expected it. Ask for a black cherry garnish, this in itself could be dessert!Special Features:
- Always goodFoodieKazVIPDined on 8/30/2014The burger is very good and the goat chesse croquets are better than you would imagine. The bartenders do a great job too. Ask them to make you a margarita. Fresh juices and Grand Marnier make them amazing.Special Features:
- Always a delicious treat.CruvertwinVIPDined on 8/30/2014Love eating at Max's Harvest when I'm in town. The food and staff are outstanding. Love their creative choices on the menu and I have never been disappointed by my choice. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Food deliciousBocaotDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was quaint especially the back room. They have seating outside which would be great in cooler weather. The food was fresh and delicious. Service excellent would highly recommend. Prices are a little high but portion size tremendous and all nature/fresh products used so it's worth it!Special Features:
- Loved it!DeliciousDined on 8/29/2014The food was an ongoing sensation of taste! Every dish we had was delicious. You could really taste all of the different flavors and textures. There was a mix up in the reservation and we ended up sitting on the back patio. It was such a pleasant experience. They were going to try to cram us in to a dimly lit corner that was so claustrophobic. I'm so glad we chose to sit outside. It made all the difference in the world.Special Features:
- Love it heremikeVIPDined on 8/27/2014Amazing as always. I eat here often and have yet to be let down. Superb experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherryVIPDined on 8/23/2014We arrived for our 7:45 reservation at 7:40. We were not seated until 8:15. It seems that everyone wanted to sit indoors since it was very hot out. Once seated, we had a lovely table in the back. Then a party of 14 sat and the noise became so loud that we could not have a conversation. All 4 of us ordered the special dinner. We did not have any choice for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packed but worth itStaceyDined on 8/23/2014This is a happening place but the food is well worth the crowd. Had a reservation at 7:30 but only tables available were outside. August in FL is not outdoor weather. We had a drink at the bar and were asked to sit at a table for six with another couple. Wouldn't be my first choice for seating but it worked out well. My advise is to make your reservation at 6:00 if you have a seating preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the apps, skip the entreeSardines4dinnerDined on 8/22/2014Bread service was a delicious zucchini bread that was moist and a little cube of heaven. We tried a salad, the barrata, and deviled eggs. All three of these dishes were awesome. The salad had a perfect balance of flavors and textures. The deviled eggs were great and had a punch of raw onion that made them stand out from other deviled eggs. The best appetizer was the burrata with really nice fresh mozzella that was well seasoned with cucumber and watermelon making this perfectly refreshing on a hot summer night. For entrees we had the steak frites, and lobster clam bake. The steak was well cooked and seasoned but a bit boring, and the potatoes were a bit burnt. Clam bake had good, fresh seafood, but was overcooked and chewy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!!!LifeIsGoodDined on 8/22/2014We loved this little place right off the Atlantic Ave., Boulevard. The food was delicious the carrot bread was fabulous. It was a very lovely romantic evening. Thank you and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual excellent!DubsVIPDined on 8/17/2014Entertained client from Lebanon, and they were happy!Special Features:
- Always a Sunday must!MusicmakerbvDined on 8/17/2014I'm a fan of Max's Harvest, especially for their brunch. Fun environment, great fresh food, and a fun interactive mimosa/bloody Mary bar. Its a medium price range, but its worth every dollar. I highly recommend getting a reservation prior to your event, because of the limited space and high popularity especially on Sundays. The only down side in my opinion is having to get up to retrieve your next mimosa, but it is made up by the fact that you can create your own, which is half the fun.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemSmilesDined on 8/17/2014From a Delray Beach local, We are proud to have such a perfect fusion of quality food and care for the community. The service was outstanding too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food super noisyFoodieKazootieDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant. Always have dined in the back room where the noise level is reasonable. Found the front room way to much on the loud side for meaningful conversation. Will just ask for the back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but tight fitMargosingDined on 8/10/2014We had brunch and the food was amazing! Loved the thick cut bacon. The mimosa/Bloody Mary bar was fantastic! All kinds of juices and add-ins to create a unique drink. The bartender was very generous with the champagne. The only complaint is that we were seated at a table near the door. As people came and went, the door would remain open and hot air came streaming in. One of us had to keep getting up and closing the door. This could be easily fixed by making it so the door could not be propped open. Also, servers repeatedly bumped into the backs of our chairs as they were servicing other tables around us. Once, a waitress turned quickly and hit my daughter in the head with a tray. Perhaps the servers could be more careful.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Fantastic Brunch!!!! Ordered the Pan Fried Banana Bread "French Toast for "dessert" which is the best I have ever had. Will definately be back! Wife had an omlette and I ordered the huevos rancheros. Both were GREAT! but I would recommend the huevos rancheros - something different and was great. Service was excellent. Restaurant was very quaint but energetic as well. Lot's of people having a good time. All happy faces from both staff and patrons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food Good but choices are limited. Service excellent, staff very attentive. Even in the smaller back room but VERY VERY NOISY difficult to have conversations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitRichVIPDined on 7/29/2014I've tried to get a table several times in season and it's always packed. Finally went for dinner and totally understand why. Food was great and our server was terrific. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late harvestAySaVIPDined on 7/27/2014I was really looking forward to having brunch here. First, there must be a more efficient system for the champagne bar that isn't chaos! I thought the food was mediocre, nothing special about my omelette and my home fries were probably the last of the batch. Our server was the worst. Ordered an appetizer & had to remind her twice. My party sat outside and it was one of those steamy FL days; unfortunately, we were not in control of the fan and hand to get up and adjust ourselves to share the breeze with other guests as the other waiter kept adjusting to accommodate his service table. Don't think I'll return to Harvest.
- Quality Yes! Value not so sure....SherriDined on 7/26/2014After being met by a friendly waitress! I looked over the menu, I noticed that there was 1 page of food selections and 2-4 pages of beer and liquor selections. It was a hot summer evening so a salad seemed just the thing. My dinner companion decided on the 3-course special of the day. When my food arrived, I was surprised by the size of the salad. I thought for $15.00 it would be more of a mainplate salad. It was like a side salad. The ingredients were delicious and fresh just not much there. I was happy I ordered a side of pomme frites to fill me up, they were delicious. My companion was pleased and enjoyed his 3 course dinner. He shared his dessert of donuts which was to die for!Special Features:
- Great place, real foodwrollexDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. The menu itself is unbelievable in it's own right, but then you try everything and you just want to keep eating more and more. Everything is fresh and tastes like it was literally made seconds before you ate it. Their menu has a wide variety or items to choose from, to keep anyone happy. They're drinks are made to perfection and the staff is top notch.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Great food, unique menu. If you want a cute little restaurant with a social atmosphere but also romantic, this place is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch enthusiastbabsDined on 7/13/2014I love max's harvest, it has become my favorite place for breakfast/brunch! ❤️❤️❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let down!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We've dined several times at Max's Harvest and it's always exceptional! Staff is friendly, food is amazing and service is always perfect. Sunday Brunch is fun and creative. Bloody Mary and Mimosa bar is the best! You won't be let down :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.