Maxine's on Shine
337 N Shine Ave
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maxine's on Shine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://maxinesonshine.com/
- Phone: 4076746841
- Hours of Operation:
Tue - Thu: Dinner 4pm - 10pm
Fri - Sat: Lunch Noon - 2pm Dinner:2pm - 11pm
Sun: Brunch 10:00am - 4pm Dinner 4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Bret Ashman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us regarding your off-site event.
- Entertainment: Tue - Motown Jukebox, See website for Live Performances
Wed - Maxine's Girls Night Out & "Karaoke for Swingers" (70's schtick) 9p
Thu - "Parlour Nights" w/ members of the Orlando Philharmonic 7:30 - 9:30p
Fri - "Earth Trivia 5:30 & 6p, "Mainstage" top Orl musicians 7 - 10p
Sat - SNL w/ Sergei Kossenko, jazz, classical, broadway, classic rock piano
Sun - "Rejuicination Brunch" - singer/songwriter format 11a-2p
"Serrendipity Supper Club" - indie music scene 7-10p
- Special Events: Please see our website, www.maxinesonshine.com or facebook www.facebook.com\maxinesonshine for up to date special events from wine dinners to fashion shows to charitable events.
A word from Maxine's on Shine
Think of entering the welcoming and warm parlour of a friend's home surrounded by only other homes in a charming neighborhood circa 1920's to 40's. The cuisine is Italian Origins w/ New World Explorations. The Tasty Beverage Emporium features 40+ wines by the glass, over 40 beers, & nightly featured libations. Entertainment & promotions nightly round out the vibe of being in a special spot that could be part New York, Paris, Milan, & alot of Orlando. We look forward to celebrating the epicurean passions of life with YOU!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maxine's on Shine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Eclectic fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013We have been to Maxine's a handful of times now and have enjoyed each visit to this secluded place tucked into a lovely little neighborhood! Everything I have eaten at this restaurant has been delicious and the ambience is just pure fun. An eclectic mix of patrons with a wide selection of wine and beer, Maxine's a is truly a hidden gem that is worthy of a visit~or two or three! Oh, and did I mention that the owners treat you like an old friend every time you come in?Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful experienceCarrieLDined on 6/28/2013Although I've been to Maxine's on Shine multiple times I was even more pleasantly surprised when I held a birthday dinner there last week. The staff was able to accommodate a last minute addition to my large party and made my night absolutely wonderful. The live band gave me a birthday serenade and I enjoyed a fantastic dessert. Can't sing their praises enough!Special Features:
- Hidden GemFineDiner3113Dined on 6/15/2013Great place, although a little difficult to find. Food is excellent, service is some of the best I've experienced anywhere. Would highly recommend this to anyone. I plan on going back again and again.Special Features:
- We were very pleasantly surprized.mikeDined on 6/5/2013We were very pleasantly surprized. Neat little place. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Fun Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2013My wife and I were out with another couple and looking for a decent dinner place. A friend of mine was playing at Maxine's so I thought it might be nice to bundle dinner with live music. Maxine met us at the door and got us seated quickly. The service was prompt and professional. We all ordered steaks at different temperatures including one in our party that needed hers well done. All of our steaks came at the perfect temperature and were incredibly good. The live music level was perfect for listening and didn't interfere with table conversation. The entire restaurant was engaged with both the music and general atmosphere so it felt like one big party. Very nice vibe for our first trip to this neighborhood restaurant. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodEightVIPDined on 5/25/2013This is my second time eating at this restaurant, and the food is excellent, service was very attentive, and the ambiance of sitting outside was so relaxing. I definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- A downtown gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013We had a wonderful time celebrating a double birthday. The owners were a delight and were sweet enough to accommodate a large party of us in a private dining area. Over a wonderful dinner and great wine, they shared with us the story of the building (ask about the "bad-girls-chappell") and how they first met. Truly a sweet story. All while their son was helping out with the Band that was playing live during dinner. A great experience that I would, without hesitation, like to repeat. The highlights of the night, the Baked Lasagna, and the Lobster Ravioli. Also, if you are not sure as to what wine to drink... ask the owner! We had chosen a Bordeaux, and he said that he had an Italian little guy that was waaaay better. Well, he was right!Special Features:
- Maxine's on Shine!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Great spot!!! Owner introduced herself, very hospitable! Food was very good, great menu and the service was also very good, we will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Maxine's On ShineBirthdayGirlDined on 5/17/2013Maxine's On Shine is fabulous! I had a group of 10 for my birthday, the food and service was exceptional. Great one man band for entertainment and the place was jamming. I can see why it is such a busy place! If you haven't been...check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beats to a different drumNicashlyDined on 5/15/2013but that is what makes it so special! Limited menu, yet the selections we tried were all scrumptious. Not necessarily for children, but we had our 9 year old autistic son with us, and they were very accommodating. The staff was wonderful, the wine list is very impressive, and the live music was really enjoyable. It was our daughter's birthday, and it was acknowledged by the owner and the entire restaurant. We really had a lovely evening, and will most definitely return again in the near future.Special Features:
- Great timeLove2eatDined on 5/12/2013I took my mom for Mother's Day and it was perfect. The owner greeted us so kindly, the table was ready, the service was excellent. The music was live and enjoyable. It was just a quaint, eclectic little restaurant with great character. Would definitely go back. Food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013Maxine's in Shine has hands down the best atmosphere of any place in Orlando. The live music is fantastic. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The owners are always happy. Maxine's had great energy. And the food is fantastic! I've had the burgers, pastas, steak, brunch... It is all delicious. Hands down my favorite place in Orlando!Special Features:
- I'm getting used to placesdanteeatsDined on 5/11/2013I'm getting used to places that are extremely focused on making amazing food using amazing product. Maxine's food was ok for me. It's more of a hang out get a glass of wine/beer kind of place. They have live music which is cool....but i think the food isn't the focus of this place. The hosts are super cordial and the vibe is great. The caprese salad was bland and waaay overpriced. I had the lobster ravioli and it was ok.....again...overpriced. I think it would suit this place to do more bar type food and focus on serving drinks and live music.Special Features:
- Maxine's on Shine- A ReviewspottedtailDined on 5/10/2013My wife and I visited Maxine's for Mother's Day. I had a voucher I had purchased before Christmas. The place is small, intimate. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. He made excellent food and wine suggestions. We had the mussels appetizer. Delicious. I could have quite happily made a meal out of them. Maxine came over and introduced herself, a very nice touch. Susan got grouper. I got lobster raviolis with seafood. Both were excellent. The grouper really was grouper. It was fresh and was perfectly cooked. It's easy to overdo cooking a piece of fish, and so many places do. I'm a fisherman and usually can't eat fish in restaurants. We finished with a chocolate-peanut butter mousse. Again, just wonderful. We're going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2013Maxines is a wonderful spot to enjoy a delicious meal in a convenient location.Special Features:
- Eclectic vibe, but great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013First time there and I did not know what to expect, but the food was good - will be going back for sure. I was a little over dressed - would have had even more fun if I was in nice shorts shirt and sandals. It is a very eclectic place, but that is the fun part of it - no stuffy and everyone was very nice.Special Features:
- It was my birthday and 6 ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013It was my birthday and 6 of us ladies where there to enjoy..3 of us had been before and 3 first time..the meals where very good and the 2 ladies who cooked loved the salad dressing :) Nice touch champagne toast on the house..classy.. Thank You Cindy LathamSpecial Features:
- Should not have changed theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Should not have changed the menu, food was not so great this visit.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereintensityderenDined on 4/16/2013Great food and atmosphere as always - I especially love the skillet lasagna - YUM!- love this place!Special Features:
- maxines on shine was a real findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2013Great service. The red snapper was prepared just right. The music was really nice without overshadowing the dining experience. Maxine and her husband have a real gem for Orlando! Enjoy...we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2013Great ambiance, great food, great employees. Your bill runs up fast though, prices a little on the higher side.Special Features:
- I've been coming to this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2013I've been coming to this location for quite a few years now , and it never stops being amazing! Would recommend to someone on their first date or first anniversary.Special Features:
- "Pleased". Enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2013"Pleased". Enjoyed the food an atmosphere, service was excellent, will be backSpecial Features:
- Great Local PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Stopped here for dinner before a concert in Orlando. Great food, awesome atmosphere (inside and out)... a very nice place. Only issue was the waiter was a tad slow, but we were in no rush, so it wasn't an issue.Special Features:
- Bad daybugsDined on 3/27/2013We were there for brunch-the food was a bit off. I believe it was just a bad day. I've heard so much about this place and the owners are really into it. My guess is it's worth a second visit and I'll love it. Due to give it another try:)Special Features:
- Birthday Karaoke Bash - short ver.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013White mussels, Burger, Catch of the Day, Flan - We had tasted some food and met Maxine the brand icon, at the Lake Eola food festival recently. She succeeded in getting our attention. The cooking at the restaurant was excellent -- distinctive, sensitive and tasty. Just so happened that our birthday celebration coincided with the last-Wednesday-of-the-month karaoke -- we totally enjoyed the evening, the place was full and swinging - well, singing anyway. The welcome from Maxine was accompanied by the usual caution regarding service wait times -- we didn't notice any delays at all, the convivial company, entertainment and thoughtful selection of craft beer and good wine with expert service makes it all work. Keep up this great work!Special Features:
- Such a nice, fun restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013What a nice, comfortable atmosphere with a great neighborhood location!! We were disappointed that their excellent "Roasted Root Salad" (and several other items) had been removed from their menu. Also, there are no main course menu selections for vegans/vegetarians, however when asked, the chef did make us up a very nice pasta dishes with veggies. If Maxine's could keep a couple good choices on the menu for us "non-meat/non-dairy" customers, I know a number of friends who would frequent the restaurant more often!Special Features:
- Awesome energy....live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/14/2013Awesome energy....live music every night. Maxine actually went to every table welcoming you and thanking you for coming making you feel right at home! Can't wait to come back for brunch!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the musical entertainmenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We enjoyed the musical entertainment (it was pretty loud, but it was very good). The food was excellent and service was good. Nice wine choices.Special Features:
- maxine's rulesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2013Food was excellent! Great deserts Owner involvement is a nice touchSpecial Features:
- I'll go back, but....AlexFoodieVIPDined on 3/6/2013Salmon over cooked and bland. Lasagna in a cast iron skillet surrounded with bland but cheesy sauce. I would change the presentation. We will go back because its a cool edgy place. SEASONING!
- This place is a hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013This place is a hidden gem! Food was excellent as always!Special Features:
- birthday sundaymysterychefVIPDined on 3/3/2013The food was outstanding! everyone loved their meals Group of 5. The service was spot on! the owner visits every table treats everyone like they are important even shared an after dinner drink with us for birthdays. Grilled lobster tail yum!!!!!!!!!! Seafood ravioli I wanted to lick the plate it was so good. Nice value for the amount spent. they had live music which was not obtrusive, kept at a decent level so you could still hold a conversation.Special Features:
- We tried this restaurant onOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013We tried this restaurant on a Saturday night on a whim and were pleasantly surprised. The dining room is small, but decorated nicely. There was live music that was really enjoyable. The server was friendly and knowledgeable. We all enjoyed the food and drinks. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Overall, an outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Overall, an outstanding experience for a special date...excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere, and excellent music. You couldn't ask for more--and my girlfriend and I plan on going to Maxine's often.Special Features:
- Our waiter might have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2013Our waiter might have been a bartender and not used to waiting tables, but he was not very attentive. Forgot to bring my beer, but after awhile I was glad he didn't. Had to search out another server to pay my bill. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Meat/cheese appetizer platterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2013Meat/cheese appetizer platter was skimpy. Main dinner was good. Did have to send the Prime Rib back for more cooking. Loved the live entertainment!Special Features:
- Love Maxine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2013We love Maxine's. The owners are great and very accommodating with requests. The food is almost always spot-on. The space is very cool, much better than when it was Bravissimo. The place has always been a great neighborhood joint, but now it's been taken up a notch with Maxine's.Special Features:
- Maxines's on Shine was a welcomeDOCGDined on 2/23/2013Maxines's on Shine was a welcome retreat from the ordinary. My wife and I spent a very enjoyable and delicious dinner at a perfect table. Staff were attentive, knowledgeable and not intrusive. The salads, entrees and wine all worked to make our night out memorable. Thanks Maxine's on Shine. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013Amazing place, food and service! A must try in Orlando!Special Features: