Maximo Cocina Mexicana
5301 Alpha Road
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Maximo Cocina Mexicana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maximodallas.com/
- Phone: 9722335656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Sun & Mon 4:00pm-9:00pm., Tues - Sat: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Brunch: Sunday : 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Amador Mora
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Maximo Chef Amador and our Party Planners help you create a memorable event whether it is a back yard barbecue, entertaining business clients or the wedding of your child! We offer full-service catering and a wide variety of menus; from authentic Modern Mexican dishes like Salmon al Vapor, steamed in aromatic herbs and served with sweet corn mash and jicama-jalapeno slaw, to Tex-Mex, barbacoa or the best steaks in town. Our professional service staff will do all the work for you to ensure a seamlessly easy and memorable event!
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room is warm and inviting and perfectly laid out for groups from 12 to 36. Let Chef Amador create a customized Tasting menu for your group and pair it with the perfect wines for a palate memory that will last a lifetime! Great for presentations and business lunch meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Blake Herrin 9722335656
A word from Maximo Cocina Mexicana
We have been voted Dallas’ Best New Restaurant of 2009 in D Magazine! The executive Chef, Amador Mora invites you to explore the roots of regional Mexican cuisine, from the Aztecas of the south to the Tarahumaras of the north. Our Margarita Lounge is warmly appointed with leather seating, velvet walls and woodwork that take you away to another time. Maximo Cocina Mexicana & Margarita Lounge is the perfect place to relax and enjoy our Maximo Heat, voted "The Best Margarita in America outside of Rick Bayless Topolobampo". As home of the best Happy Hour in North Dallas, come in for one of our Mexico City inspired specialty cocktails like the refreshing La Paloma or the "Margarita of Mexico City", our Tamarindo Maximo. Our Private Dining Room is perfect for groups from 12 to 36. Let Chef Amador create a customized tasting menu for your group and pair it with the perfect wines for a palate memory that will last a lifetime! Great patio and full-service catering is also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maximo Cocina Mexicana reviews from OpenTable diners
- New Year's Eve DinnerLanceDined on 12/31/2013We went for a nice dinner on New Year's Eve. It was a special menu for the occassion so their normal entree's were not generally available. it was good but we look forward to trying the food on a normal night which would be in their traditional mexican offerings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a pretty restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013It's a pretty restaurant, but was quite boring. Food was pretty good. Kinda disappointed with the sauce on the enchiladas I ordered, but the guacamole was good as well as the churros - they were delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Surprisejlaw2424picsDined on 12/31/2013The food quality and unique dishes (Ribs and vegetables are to die for) are the real strength of Maximos. It was a wonderful New Years Eve dining experience. Quite busy after 7pm, so use a reservation as we did. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun New Year's Eve DinnerMichelepmDined on 12/31/2013We really enjoyed our family dinner at Maximo Cocina and will definitely go again. They were offering a limited menu, but most of our entrees were terrific. The filet with crab was VERY good, though the crab was room temp and came off like an afterthought. The filet itself was perfect. My daughter loved the short rib and my other kids thought the spinach enchiladas were great. The chipotle Mac & cheese was sort of bland and the fajitas were so-so. The Black and Blue Mojitos were very tasty and my hubby gave his margarita the thumbs up. In all, very nice - lovely waiter named Eric and a truly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperienceMarkDined on 12/23/2013Maximo was a great choice for a special dinner out with friends. Service was truly outstanding. Food was excellent. The ambience is relaxing. We were there early and were one of a few tables occupied in the dining room. We hope this place catches on as it truly is a gem. The bar was hopping so maybe it's a late night dining place. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Before we moved to San AntonioLovetodineDined on 11/29/2013Before we moved to San Antonio two years ago Maximo was our favorite place to eat and take our family and friends when they visited us. Now when we visit Dallas we make it a point to eat there at least once. This trip we were disappointed the menu had changed and we felt we were in a Mexican restaurant and our favorite dishes and sauces were not available. The only thing that remained the same was our favorite Jalapeño Margarita the "Heat". I'm sad to say we will not be returning.
- I was in Dallas for work,DavidVIPDined on 11/26/2013I was in Dallas for work, and found this place through OpenTable for Windows Phone. Awesome food, awesome service. I had the beef fajita, with a J. Lohr cabernet. Chips and salsa were great. Guacamole was delicious. I'll be back on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food! Great margaritas.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2013Wonderful food! Great margaritas. One of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early for quietLynneDined on 10/27/2013Great place to eat. We were there by 5:00 PM on a Sunday. We practically had the place to ourselves until after the afternoon football games were over. Then the place began to fill up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundDeffGDined on 10/26/2013Great food and service. Wonderful wine and beer selection. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality Mexican foodtexasmamaVIPDined on 10/24/2013We had a group of 7 people and we were seated at a very nice and comfortable table right away. We ordered the guacamole which was made table side and the queso. Both were very good. For dinner, we had fajitas, brisket tacos, chicken tacos, and a salad. All were very good. We did not order dessert because we were all too full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenulovethisplaceVIPDined on 9/21/2013I prefer the new menu, drinks and Happy Hour are great. I would like to see the trio of Salsa back (now they only have one spicy one) and chips are hard on teethSpecial Features:
- Second Thoughts3gigi3Dined on 9/17/2013family dinner on a Mon. 10 adults and 4 kids. Horrible service, over priced drinks, bad salsa and greasy chips, do not order the snapper, when 2 of us complained about it being rubbery like calamari and not the pale pink colored flesh of snapper our waiter brought the chef from the kitchen who argued with us about the type of fish and never offered I replace it. To further bottom line it..when we recv. our ck the waiter didn't removed any charges for the bad fish, had triple charged us for kid drinks, Chgd, us for 4 mixed drinks at 14,50 each we isn't have. We got about 200.00 worth of charges straighten out at the rest. only to find we had at least another 75.00 of over charges when we got home. Mgr. was not helpful, Avoid Maximo'sSpecial Features:
- Great waiter. Loved the tablesidejbronDined on 9/10/2013Great waiter. Loved the tableside quacomole! Large meal portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food. Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2013Wonderful food. Great experience. We went for brunch and it was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableElizDined on 8/10/2013I have dined at this restaurant several times. I was there two days ago for a promotion of $10 entrees and $6 margaritas. The atmosphere is special and elegant. Love the unique and cool glasses, dishes, s& p shakers, chip bowl, etc. The service was very good. It looked like they had added more moderately priced entrees on the menu and more Tex-Mex which is appealing to us. I thought the frozen house margarita was a little too sweet. I prefer the Mi Cocina type flavor in a margarita. The spinach enchilada was very good. I thought the brisket taco had a little too much barbeque sauce and should have had something else in it, but was still good. Salsa and guacamole were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2013We were celebrating a birthday and the restaurant sent over a lovely dessert with a candle at the end of our meal. Very nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good night at Maximorj4656Dined on 7/21/2013I took a group of 6 out of town friends to Maximo Sunday night for dinner, and it was a very negative experience. I've been there previously, and the food and service were good, but not this time. It was a very slow night, but that was not an excuse for the poor quality food and service. Food was brought out intermitently, so some was cold while others had to wait at least 10 minutes. Staff knew that the service and food was poor but did not convey this to the manager. They removed 2 salads from the bill, but they should have done the right thing and comped the entire bill. I will not be returning. For outstanding service and food, try Lazaranda on Beltline Road - fantastic!
- Tasty Real Mexican FoodFoodexplorerVIPDined on 7/19/2013It is so refreshing to go to a Mexican restaurant in Dallas where the fare is not TEX MEX! This is real Mexican food with very fresh and delicious cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was like aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/15/2013This restaurant was like a ghost town, it was 7:00 on a Monday maybe this is why. Just got a bad vibe from the moment we arrived.Sat in the bar while waiting for friends to arrive and it was the only busy area.The bartender was working hard but looked like she was wearing her yoga outfit to work (didn't expect that in an upscale restaurant). She was taking care of the entire bar while the manager chatted for long periods of time with customers and employees.Once we sat in the dining room our waiter was excellent but food was just so-so with the exception of the free chips and salsa and the churros for dessert.Seems like this place has some issues, maybe they were having an off night but not sure I will return.
- Nice quiet brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2013Nice place, good food and attentive service. Very pleasant live guitarist. Nothing earthshattering, but Maixmo Cocina Mexicana covered all of the basics very well. I loved the bacon-infused vodka bloody mary! That could become a classic!! I does appear that the restaurant could be a lot different at night - there is a big bar area that was pretty underutilized on Sunday morning.
- Yum!murphysctDined on 6/21/2013Great ambience and delicious cocktails. Best chips and salsa selection around!Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2013The food was very good but the service was quite slow, especially considering the restaurant was fairly empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013It was our first time visiting Maximo for Father's day brunch. We were not disappointed. The brunch has a great selection from seafood to omelettes. The mexican food was traditional but in no way boring. No nasty Tex- Mex here. The ingredients were fresh and delicious. The tres leches cake was one of the best we have had. We are definitely visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Que masa?JTATLVIPDined on 6/2/2013Okay. It's toward the end of Sunday night and I needed a quick light supper. I ordered a marg and an appetizer that was described as a tamal stuffed ith shrimp, peppers, jack cheese. Sounds yum. The marg was pretty good. The tamal(e) came wrapped in a banana lead, not corn husk. Obviously it had not been steamed and there was NO CORN MASA. NONE. Just the inside stuff swimming in its juices. It was tasty, but really, where's the masa? Where was someone in the kitchen or my server checking on something like this. Really sloppy. I doubt if I'll go back.
- Got the wrong order... WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2013Got the wrong order... Waiter disappeared, rather busy rearranging tables.... On a Friday evening... Really?Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchDinealotDined on 5/12/2013The Food was excellent and the menu was superb. Very reasonably price and as always the drinks were perfect. Definitely recommend anyone to take their mother for Mother's Day brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Mother's Day brunchmel1Dined on 5/12/2013Maximo's offers a wide brunch selection complete with fresh shrimp to chocolate chip pancakes. The food was outstanding and the service was great! The $4 mimosa was nice too.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013I had heard wonderful things about Maximo's and was looking forward to dining there. We were disappointed with the brunch on Mother's Day. The food was fair to moderate. When paying $32 for brunch I expect great food and great selections... That price did not include Mimosas either. We probably won't be returning.
- Very good findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2013I would come back here again. We have tried many Mexican/tex mex restaurants since moving to DFW almost 2 years ago and most of them have disappointed. The food is more upscale Mexican but it is good. Not too heavy on cheese and sour cream as with most of the restaurants I've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perhaps overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013The food is good, but not great in my opinion. With a little work on the sauces and a little more passion in the preparation, it could be much better. The servers were impatient and seemed rushed. It was about half full when we were there and was extremely noisy, not a place for conversations.
- Good, but there are better placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013Great service, good margaritas. Food was so-so and we were shocked that there were hardly any people in the place at 8:00 on a Friday night.
- my new favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013I am currently going to school to be a chef and always critique places i am proud to say I love this place the service was great food was amazing and presentation was beautifulSpecial Features:
- First time going there forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013First time going there for brunch. It was a delicious. They had a variety of food. Was sad when they didn't refresh the chocolate covered strawberries.Special Features:
- Easter buffet...ksgsmuDined on 3/31/2013Went for Easter Brunch, made reservations so didn't expect to have to wait 30 minutes on a table, especially when there were empty tables. We were the only ones who had to wait and there were just two of us. We almost walked out. The hostesses ( there were a lot with little to do) were useless and not friendly. The waiter we had was very nice and quick. The buffet was good and well priced, although the desserts were a bit stale. The ambiance was great. We like Maximo's but not sure if we will return for a brunch there anytime soon.Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013Food was excellent. Best margarita I have had in years! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food was very good - greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2013Food was very good - great chips and salsa. Sangria swirls were fabulous. Service was ok.Special Features:
- Once again a great meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/16/2013Once again a great meal. We tried the Tuna appetizer this time and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- The margaritas were outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/1/2013The margaritas were outstanding, the food was great, our waiter was very nice, great ambiance. I'd definitely go backSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed our meal at Maximo.MidModManVIPDined on 2/22/2013We enjoyed our meal at Maximo. The tableside guacamole was delicious. I thought my camarones were outstanding - perfectly cooked, and the accompaniments were great. My partner was a little disappointed with the carne asada - good flavor, but a small portion. In all, though, a good "upscale" Mexican restaurant. I will definitely return.Special Features: