Max Brenner - Union Square
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Max Brenner - Union Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxbrenner.com/
- Phone: (646) 467-8803
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs - 9:00am - Midnight
Fri - 9:00am - 2:00am
Sat - 9:00am - 2:00am (brunch is served from 9:00am - 4:00pm)
Sun - 9:00am - Midnight (brunch is served from 9:00am - 4:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Max Brenner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Management 2123880030x
- Entertainment: Max Brenner's signature music play list.
A word from Max Brenner - Union Square
Known worldwide as the ultimate destination for chocolate, Max Brenner is the perfect place to eat… and indulge. Fill up on Really Crunchy Mac & Cheese, a pressed waffle sandwich or our ever-popular Brenner Burger. But save room, because the main course is dessert. Experience chocolate to the fullest and enjoy hot chocolate, Choctails, fondues, sugar waffles and more. Our most iconic dishes are served in specially-designed ceramic utensils, turning chocolate consumption into a chocolate ceremony. So double dip, lick your fingers and forget to share because at Max Brenner there aren’t rules – all you have to do is really love chocolate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Max Brenner - Union Square - Best Restaurants in Union Square ›
Max Brenner - Union Square reviews from OpenTable diners
603 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (288)fit for foodies (273)good for groups (273)special occasion (271)great for lunch (224)hot spot (210)great for brunch (188)late-night find (145)romantic (132)neighborhood gem (124)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (4)Show More
- A must for chocolate lovers.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014If you love chocolate and you have never been to Max Brenner before, then you are missing out. This place has a very energetic feel to it, and I absolutely love going there. It is perfect for a little date night out with your significant other or with a group of friends. The Fondue pots are great for sharing and the chocolate pizzas really hit the spot. Overall you wont regret stopping by and you'll probably be hooked the instant you try that pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choc full of delightsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I absolutely loved my experience at Max Brenner. Between the beautifully dimmed lights,amazing assortment of deserts, and friendly hosts I don't know how I managed to not come here more often. Although being a big guy it was a little cramped, but enjoyed it nontheless, Definitely a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dessert NEVER disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Third time to this Union Square gem and just as excited as the first. The main courses are fine, fresh and well-prepared. Nothing out of the ordinary for sandwiches, wraps, and breakfast/brunch items, but all done well and good tasting. But face it, you come here for dessert - chocolate creations that are unparalleled - fondues, ice cream, waffles, crepes, cakes, cookies - all magnificent. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i absolutely enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014my dining experience with my adorable little sister thanks to CharlesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014Every aspect of this experience was positive. Had a girl's brunch with my friend and we had a wonderful time. The server was friendly and entertaining as well as knowledgeable. The food was outstanding and the specialty drinks to die for. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Always fun. Always busy. Make reservations or you may have to waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chicken macaroni and cheese was incredible!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food definitely looked and tasted better than the menu described. Definitely order the macaroni and cheese! It is incredible. The shakes are also a must. Be sure to pre-book your reservation, or you will wait 1-2 hours to get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took 15 yr old and her friends for her birthday.LisaDined on 11/22/2014We took our 15 year old daughter and her friends Saturday night for her birthday to Max Brenners in NYC. We walked in and they had our tables waiting for us. We sat at a separate table so the kids had their space. The food was amazing and they were quick. We expected to spend around 2-2 1/2 hours there. They fed all the kids within one hour from beginning to end. We were hoping it would take longer as we had plans after, but they move fast there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only come for dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food was blah, service was blah, overcrowded had to wait although I had a reservation. Servers didn't even refill water glasses because it was so packed and busy. Only good for desserts although overpriced. Overhyped tourist spot
- Vee2121Dined on 11/22/2014Food was really good, the sauce for the fries is delish... We made reservations and waited less than 5minutes, they honor the reservations which i liked alot. The waiters and bus boys are on top of you if you need anything and this place was busy.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!!NCollins74Dined on 11/22/2014The dessert options were enormous. The food menu was limited and the pizza was subpar. They were very fast to clean plates and change tables, but our waitress was slow. We ran out of water frequently and she came around a while later asking if we wanted desserts. They were very fast to come out with the food. Max Brenner is a very family friendly restaurant and great for special occasions and date night. I would highly recommend it to any of my peers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really great place!nycfoodloverDined on 11/22/2014If you love chocolate and good food this is definitely the place for you. Everything is amazing! And the service is wonderful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation of Food - Superb!Cameron9Dined on 11/22/2014A definite must if you are visiting New York - whether for Lunch or Dinner, the food is absolutely delicious and the presetation of each dish beautiful. When visiting New York I ate at Max Brenner's twice and I have not been disappointed either time. Service great, food delicious and the portions are out of control. Believe me - you will not leave this place hungry at all! Suggest making reservations through open table. If you decide (and you should), go and enjoy the experience - the food, the atmosphere and needless to say - the Chocolate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!WOW!WOW! WHAT FUN!!!!!DoctaroeDined on 11/22/2014The menu, the food quality, and the service and the shop at the Broadway location were all fabulous! Wonderful brunch all the way around!!! Energizing atmosphere as well- super job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014This was my first time ordering food and not just dessert off the menu and it was delicious! I will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, fun, funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Great desserts, kid friendly, chocoholics dream!! Love the desserts and speciality drinks !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate!!kn912Dined on 11/21/2014This place is great because there are a ton of options on the menu for chocolate lovers! I probably wouldn't go there with a group because it gets extremely crowded on Fridays. Get there early for reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I took my 3 granddaughters to your restaurant on the recommendation of my daughter. We had a great time. We went to see the Christmas spectacular at Radio City, had to take a cab to the restaurant and then we were going back to Rockerfeller Center so had to take another cab back to almost our original spot- it was so well worth it! The food was great but the dessert selection was superb. max Brenner was just another highlight of our very enjoyable day. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Max Brenner Annual Visit.NjthriveDined on 11/16/2014Last year we went to MB after seeing the Christmas Spectacular and we really wanted to do the same as we had such a great experience last time. Not so much this year. The table was tiny! You are literally sitting on top of the people at your table as well as the tables on either side of you. Our waitress stood uncomfortably close to me while taking orders. The food was only so so. My Son's mini cheese burgers were burnt and he didn't eat them, my veggie burger was cold and my other Son's chicken fingers came very different from last year. He got 2 fingers and maybe 8 waffle fries. My daughters pizza was good according to her & my husband's burger was 'nothing to rave about' and the little cones containing waffle fries that came with my burger and my husbands had 6 or 7 fries in them??? overall very disappointing. We're hoping it was because the restaurant was so busy that quality was lacking. I will say that the dessert & the hot chocolate were spot on but that won't be enough to get us back in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate factoryRuhiDined on 11/15/2014Its a a great place for chocolate lovers. The best is the chocolate crepes and fondue. But if you are in the mood for something savory try the waffle fries. The chipolte mayo sauce is awsome :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very talked upRayrayDined on 11/15/2014I made reservations at max brenner for my boyfriends birthday. Little did I know that it is more of a dessert shop. While the food we ordered was excellent I would recommend max brenner as an after dinner "let's go to dessert" hotspot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014A bit overrated. Crowded & noisy. Hostess area was not organized. I was instructed to wait on a long line to simply speak w the hostess while other strolled right up. Found the food and dessert to be overated but overall fine. Dinning there once was enough for me, I will not be returning.Special Features:
- creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014the food here was amazing. it had the most creative things from waffle sadwhiches to a personal mini fire pit for smoresSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencewonderfulDined on 11/15/2014the food was great , I came here for my 19th birthday and it was absolutely delicious . & my waiter was hot 😻Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Tourists!LnzeelooDined on 11/15/2014Love the theme of Max Brenner! We had heard great things about this place, and were very anxious to try it! Especially as it is a chocolate themed restaurant. We were greeted and seated promptly and our server was very friendly and helpful as we were "newbies". The food did not disappoint, but could have been a touch hotter. I love the diversity of the menu and that it appealed to all ages. My children loved their milkshakes and chocolate pizzas, and the dessert menu was ridiculous (in the best way possible!) I would say that the most challenging part of this experience was choosing what to order! I wanted one of everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieforlifeDined on 11/14/2014If you like chocolate then this is the place for you! If you want ambience and a few people, then this is not the place for you. Good food, but loud and crowded with a long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant-leave room for desert!BillDined on 11/14/2014This was a fantastic experience for our family. We had 11 people in our party and the service and food were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotChocolover29Dined on 11/13/2014Came here for a friend's birthday, seating by the booth is very crowded, wish we could of gotten a table instead. But overall the food was great, our waitress was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heaven on earthopentablebritVIPDined on 11/12/2014try as much as you can and then book to go again so you can try more. Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014I went to Max Brenner to celebrate my birthday. It was on a tuesday evening (6pm), and VERY packed. The noise level was a bit much. I found myself having to basically scream just to have a conversation. We reserved a table for 5, and seating was very uncomfortable due to the amount of people at the restaurant. There was absolutely no leg room. Once we were seated I noticed they had another level of seating upstairs, next time I'm there I will definitely try and get seats there, or ask for a booth instead of regular tables(which are way to small). The food was very good, except the portions were very small for such a pricey bill. I wouldn't mind going again, this time with a smaller group. The restaurant was really nice, dim lighting, cool ambiance. If a quiet dinner is what you have in mind, make a really early reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placedivanokiaDined on 11/10/2014Perfect place for any occasion with your finds, family or kids. Great atmosphere. Went there twice and left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedNotHappy1234Dined on 11/9/2014The service was in my opinion awful. Told them in advance it was my daughters birthday and no special mention or attention was made. It was her 14th birthday and we made a special trip in from CT. Server was very inattentive and needed to be flagged down Several times to bring us our drink order. He was the worst I had ever experienced Would never go back or recommend.Special Features:
- amazing experinencechocoholicDined on 11/9/2014this was the first time I have been here and before I heard there food wasn't good. there food was amazing. me and my girlfriend loved it. she got the mac n cheese and I got the B A L T and I never tasted anything so good before. I came here on a sunday with a reservation I came in 5 minutes early and got seated right away along with a great waiter who was very attentive. the atmosphere is great you see kids enjoying the chocolate its a nice thing to see. it can be a bit pricey but me and my girlfriend agree that it was worth it. we came here for our 3 year anniversary and she couldn't of had been happier. I made a request and they fulfilled it no questions asked.Special Features:
- BEST BEST BESThotthickcocoDined on 11/9/2014always had a wonderful experience, they have the the best dark hot thick chocolate ever, and the cheesesteak waffle is amazing plus the service makes your lunch or dinner one of best New York experience everSpecial Features:
- Birthday BrunchsongyimeiVIPDined on 11/9/2014Went here for my friends birthday brunch. The food was good. But the hot chocolate and deserts are the real stars. Ambience was good too and the service was great. My friend didn't like what she ordered and they offered to take it off the check. Great experience. The place was packed though for Sunday Brunch. We were able to bring in a birthday cake from outside for no additional chargeSpecial Features:
- ChocolateheavenDined on 11/8/2014Any restaurant that specializes in chocolate is going on my list of "must eats". The service was very fast, place was noisy and the chocolate was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration CentralSpiralDined on 11/8/2014Max Brenner's is a delightful spot to celebrate the birthday of someone special--especially a kid or anyone who appreciates chocolate. The shop was especially inviting--beautifully presented and even picture-worthy.Special Features:
- Poor check-in experienceSEI972Dined on 11/8/2014Checking in is enough to sour your entire experience. In spite of the fact that we had reservations, we were still told to wait amongst a throng of people. There is no orgranizaed way to notify parties that their table is ready. Rather, it is some heavily accented person walking through the crowds shouting names. Needless to say, we either didn't hear or misunderstood the name she was calling out since we were apparently called over 10 minutes ago.Special Features:
- 😍OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Amazing food & service. I can't wait to come back !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make reservations!LovechocolateDined on 11/8/2014There was a two hour wait unless you had a reservation which we did! My daughter lost her purse there and the hostesses weren't too concerned since they had to deal with the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.