Max Brenner - Union Square
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Max Brenner - Union Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxbrenner.com/
- Phone: 6464678803x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs - 9:00am - Midnight
Fri - 9:00am - 2:00am
Sat - 9:00am - 2:00am (brunch is served from 9:00am - 4:00pm)
Sun - 9:00am - Midnight (brunch is served from 9:00am - 4:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Max Brenner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Management 2123880030x
- Entertainment: Max Brenner's signature music play list.
A word from Max Brenner - Union Square
Known worldwide as the ultimate destination for chocolate, Max Brenner is the perfect place to eat… and indulge. Fill up on Really Crunchy Mac & Cheese, a pressed waffle sandwich or our ever-popular Brenner Burger. But save room, because the main course is dessert. Experience chocolate to the fullest and enjoy hot chocolate, Choctails, fondues, sugar waffles and more. Our most iconic dishes are served in specially-designed ceramic utensils, turning chocolate consumption into a chocolate ceremony. So double dip, lick your fingers and forget to share because at Max Brenner there aren’t rules – all you have to do is really love chocolate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Max Brenner - Union Square - Best Restaurants in Union Square ›
Max Brenner - Union Square reviews from OpenTable diners
639 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (321)good for groups (287)special occasion (281)fit for foodies (259)great for lunch (224)great for brunch (204)hot spot (199)romantic (141)late-night find (140)neighborhood gem (116)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (4)Show More
- LOVE THE CHOCOLATE BALD MANAWESOMEDined on 9/18/2014THIS IS A MUST GO PLACE FOR EVERYONE! Everytime I go, its like like my first time. LOVE IT! WOrds cant describe how awesome everything is! I recommand everything especially their dry rubbed wings and the chocolate fondue!Special Features:
- Chocolatiest birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I went to Max Brenners with my roommates to celebrate my 18th birthday and it was so nice! The place was beautiful and there were a lot of people in there as well. The food was amazing! I got very cheesy Mac and cheese with bacon and tomatoe and it was so good and crispy! For dessert my roommates got the fondue for two which looked awesome and was huge! They also got the banana marshmallow pizza which was great! I got the chocolate lava cake and it was so good! This is definitely a place for chocolate lovers! Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great FunRetreatownerDined on 9/17/2014Awesome Crunchy Chicken Mac and Cheese flowed by the Chocolate Pizza. Oh not to forget, for starters we had the Intoxi Cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service! Goood food!NanaVIPDined on 9/16/2014Max Brenner has always been a favorite of mine. However, the service was amazing this time around. The waiter was always around asking if we needed anything, and in the end taped up an Opentable check I accidentally ripped up for me. We ordered the wings and the waffle steak, as well as the Chocolate martini and they were all great. The service gets better every time I stop by and I will continue to do so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placebarbieDined on 9/15/2014Enjoyed my time here. My daughter requested I bring her here for her 20th birthday dinner and I am pleased she did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service has declinedLainDined on 9/14/2014Have been going here for quite some time and on this recent visit, we were the only ones there that had a reservation yet 6 couples and 2 groups were all seated before us (that came after us). When we were eventually seated, we were given an awful table by the door that had no space to sit OR eat. Sad considering I sent a special note requesting a good table for my husband's birthday. I had hyped this place up so much to him, and was thoroughly embarassed afterwards. Our waitress was rushed and rude and we couldn't keep her attention long enough to order. We are very happy and patient people but our nerves were shot. Even the store section doesn't seem to be like it used to-missing many of my favourite items.Special Features:
- greataaLiDined on 9/14/2014Love the place each time I visit with new friends who fall in love with it as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!NikkiMDined on 9/14/2014The food here is awesome it's not just yummy desserts perfect for a lazy brunch on the weekends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist Trapsi12Dined on 9/13/2014Overpriced and extremely packed. We had a reservation but still ended up waiting.Special Features:
- Our ServerRYM2010Dined on 9/13/2014I took my wife and four year old daughter to Max Benner this past Saturday evening. We both have enjoyed Max Benner over the years, but his past experience was far the worst because our server has so rude and unwelcoming that it made our dinner experience so terrible. He did not introduce himself or say welcome to. All said are you ready and looked at us as if he was so mad at us. WOW that is horrible service. I should asked for a manager which was my error for not doing so. This server is a tall man and worked the upper floor that evening. A serious retraining would certainly help him and Max's reputation.
- LOVE IT!!LoriDined on 9/13/2014Great FOOD and chocolate martinis!!! My favorite place to eat and drink!!!Special Features:
- Raves for chocolate, service too!suzg44Dined on 9/13/2014Fabulous lunch. chocolate desserts were truly decadent and delicious. Will be back, service was great and the server was delightful, knowledgeable and personable(Theresa)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocoholics rejoice!JulesDined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit to Max Brenner, Union Square, and it was as wonderful as the first time! The menu is unusual and varied, and quite tasty. We went for brunch as there were no tables available in the evening for a few days; so if you want to do dinner, be sure to make reservations well in advance. At 11:45am there was no problem getting a table. There's also a chocolate shop with loads of fun gifts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodleeniex3Dined on 9/11/2014Good food, good service. Too full to get dessert this time but make sure to get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Jaenyc77Dined on 9/10/2014Took my 5 year old for his birthday. We enjoyed EVERYTHING! No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ghy1VIPDined on 9/8/2014Clean the ladies bathrooms, they were totally dirtySpecial Features:
- Great placemercerDined on 9/7/2014Always enjoy coming here with my family. A+++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chocolate cocktails but..KtmoranDined on 9/6/2014The hostesses are absolutely horrible, young, rude teenage girls. The manager doesn't seen to care either because they keep pretty busy. Waiters abd waitresses are great but who wants their first impression to be awful? I've experienced this about 10 different times and won't be returningSpecial Features:
- Decent Food, Bad ServicerickjlimDined on 9/6/2014The food was decent and the dessert was great! I brought my friends here to celebrate a birthday and boy was the waitress awkward. Long story short, the waitress was horrible at making us comfortable. I couldn't thoroughly enjoy my food since the waitress never came back to refill my water and fill in any other orders.Special Features:
- nice and affordablehobieDined on 9/6/2014the decor was nice and the desert and chocolate shop were great. the food was good but not great or anything to write home about. overall the service was great and the chocolate was great. also its affordable.Special Features:
- GreatDenisaDined on 9/5/2014It was just amazing. We enjoy it everytime we go there. If you have a table reserved and you have to wait a couple of min, they txt you when it's ready. The service was great and the food delicious. The desert, well I don't think I need to say more. You just have to go thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious but Crowdeddanalee48Dined on 9/1/2014My mother and I had a wonderful time at Max Brenner. The restaurant was beautiful with lots of candlelight and dark, chocolatey decor. The savoury options that we chose were phenomenal (I strongly suggest the Ultimate Mole Burrito), and the chocolate desserts were delicious, as expected. Our server was extremely helpful and doting. He also had a charming way about him which made our experience at the restaurant all the more worthwhile. We didn't sit at the chocolate bar but that area of the restaurant was extremely cool. It had a certain mature whimsy about it, almost like a room for adults at Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. My one, and only, complaint about the experience is that the restaurant was quite crowded. Overall: 4.5/5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent desertFoodhunterVIPDined on 9/1/2014Food is good, desert is unique. Service could be better and the tables be a bit more distant one from the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!YUMMDined on 9/1/2014Really enjoyed my meal. Food was great. Service was good. Was seated right away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs major improvement!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2014The chocolate and the presentation of the food/each dish which are mainly sugary/chocolate full dishes are very unique. Food is quite delicious and the kids enjoyed the extra candy on their dishes. However, service was really bad. There were only 4 tables when we arrived early on a weekend, and more than 10 waiters/workers around. So It was quite empty, but it seemed the waiter we had was still sleeping. It took him 40 min to bring us two cups of coffee. Then the coffee was so cold, it must have been waiting for a while, he had to take them back and bring new ones. The food arrived 1.5 hours later, and it was good, Not sure worth the wait! If they improved the sleepy service, it would be much better.Special Features:
- Sweet Find !harts4mandersDined on 8/31/2014Been to this restaurant more than once. No complaints. Food is delicious, service is quick and friendly. The deserts are fun for groups or a romantic date for two, reasonable prices. Well worth driving into NYC for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You cant go wrong with ChocolatedjscinemaVIPDined on 8/31/2014There are some pretty good food choices but the best is what comes after. I am not a big dessert person but the offerings at Max Brenner are outstanding. They have something for pretty much any taste from Not too sweet to Sweetness overload! A great place to bring people who have not been and are looking for a fun new experience in NY. And don't leave empty handed. They have a great to-go section and some fantastic gift items (I usually bring several back to LA with me)....Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotannaDined on 8/31/2014Max Brenner really hit the spot with everything from great food, absolutely delicious desserts, and certainly the cocktails. We had a larger group and everyone was very pleased with their meal. Those who ordered the chocolate infused and dessert cocktails couldn't get enough, and of course the desserts speaks for itself. Some recommendations include the chocolate martini, Max's white Russian, chicken and goat cheese waffle salad, and the omelets.Special Features:
- Cute ConceptMDFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Went here for brunch on a recommendation and wasn't disappointed. Thought it would have been really romantic for a late night date because of the chocolate offerings. Had a signature burger that was charbroiled deliciousness! Would go again for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsCityChicChickDined on 8/30/2014Max Brenner was the perfect place to bring my Mom who was visiting from out of town - Fun & exciting environment where the Food is always excellent! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EPIC CHOCOLATE FOODasianfemaledriverDined on 8/30/2014Their chocolate desserts are incredible, there's simply nothing like it. Anyone who enjoys chocolate should pay a visit at least once. Beware, it is insanely addicting. I have not stopped thinking about it since my last visit. Also it can get very crowded at certain hours (2 hour wait) so I recommend making reservations. Your chocolate experience shouldn't have to wait!Special Features:
- ambiancecaroDined on 8/30/2014Thank goodness I made reservation, there was no wait at all. Then the hostess took us to our table which was upstairs in the quiet side with cushioned leather chairs. I was so greatfull it was not in the middle of the heavy traffic dining area. The first time I dined at the union square location, we were seated in the main floor, but we had a child so it was easier to be in the main floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceChuckDined on 8/30/2014Everything was great from my reservation being ready as soon as my party arrived to the waitress's giving excellent service and the food tasting great I would def recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysNYCjunkiesDined on 8/30/2014We've been to Max Brenner's several times and it never disappoints ... Food always good and treats are amazing!Special Features:
- Good for teensRHR14Dined on 8/30/2014Our group of teenagers had a great time celebrating a birthday here. They had lunches that included things like pulled pork on a waffle and wings, while we parents could have healthier alternatives such as chicken on quinoa and spinach. But of course we came for the desserts. There are plenty of chocolate options, all very tasty though not as unusual or over the top as I expected.Special Features:
- Terrible Hostess and waitKatherineDined on 8/29/2014Complete tourist trap, I'm not sure why I went as a native NY'er. My reservation was for 845, I got there at 7p, went up to the hostess and checked in. She let me know it would be a little bit of a wait or that it would be closer to my reservation time. We waited around 830 I went back up to the stand to check in, she said "i dont see your reservation", this was after I checked in a hour prior. Another hostess had to come over and find me in the system by simply asking for my first name. We waited...and waited another hour and I had a brief conversation with my party around 930 to decide if we were going to leave. They suddenly had a table for us, 20 minutes later. The food was meh and the atmosphere was blah. Never again.Special Features:
- Food FoodBrennerSwagDined on 8/29/2014The food food is great, don't skip it and go straight to dessert. Waffle sandwiches are so good. Waffle fries dipped in milk chocolate from fondu...<3Special Features:
- Satisfiedrkn24Dined on 8/29/2014The food took a noticeable time to arrive but it was lunch time so it's not that bad I guess. We tried the pizza this time and it was wonderful. My friend liked the burgers and fries. The shakes were great as usual. Desserts are always the best. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate is good for youluv2travelDined on 8/29/2014Max Brenner at Union Square was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. Of course, I love chocolate. The entrees were good but a little late in arriving at our table. Since we were on vacation and were not in a rush, we were not upset at all. Surprisingly our waiter did not charge us for our dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate HeavenBarryBVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food here is always good, but the chocolate is amazing!! Get the new chocolate pudding with bananas. So good!!Special Features: