Max Brenner - Boston
745 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Max Brenner - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxbrenner.com/
- Phone: (617) 274-1741
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs - 10:00am - 11:00pm
Fri - 10:00am - 1:00am
Sat - 9:00am - 1:00am (Brunch served from 10:00am - 3:00pm)
Sun - 9:00am - 11:00pm (Brunch served from 10:00am - 3:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Max Brenner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Max Brenner's signature music play list.
- Cross Street: Between Fairfield and Exeter
- Public Transit: Take the MBTA towards Government Center. Our restaurant is located closest to the Copley Station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Meter street parking and garage parking at the Prudential Center across the street are available.
A word from Max Brenner - Boston
Known worldwide as the ultimate destination for chocolate, Max Brenner is the perfect place to eat… and indulge. Fill up on Really Crunchy Mac & Cheese, a pressed waffle sandwich or our ever-popular Brenner Burger. But save room, because the main course is dessert. Experience chocolate to the fullest and enjoy hot chocolate, Choctails, fondues, sugar waffles and more. Our most iconic dishes are served in specially-designed ceramic utensils, turning chocolate consumption into a chocolate ceremony. So double dip, lick your fingers and forget to share because at Max Brenner there aren’t rules – all you have to do is really love chocolate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
Max Brenner - Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Max Brenner - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (50)kid-friendly (46)great for brunch (43)hot spot (42)great for lunch (32)romantic (30)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Horrible ServiceHadoDined on 11/14/2014Made a reservation for 9:30pm, didn't get seated until 30 minutes after. Got a small table in a cramped spot (shoulder to shoulder with other diners) so I opted for another table. After 10 minutes my party and I were told they had run out of water glasses (so no water to start off). The waitstaff finally took our order after 5 more minutes of waiting with nothing on our table. I ordered a fondue to be brought out with the entrees. Water finally came AFTER we finished our entrees, but the fondue never came. After inquiring about it, the supposed "manager" came out to set up the fondue, but was extremely rude when I asked for an extra fondue fork. After receiving the bill, I placed my plastic down, and waited for the waitress to pick it up, but it was clear that this place was understaffed. One by one customers brought up their checks because they were tired of waiting. The food was great, atmosphere was engaging, the service was disappointing. I've been here for lunch and had no problems. I DO NOT recommend going to Max Brenner for late dinners. 3/5Special Features:
- It was okay.AverageDined on 11/14/2014The food was very good especially the dessert. However, the service was very slow and our waiter forgot to plug in our food order for 40 minutes. It is not a good place for kids it is very loud. The tables are very crammed there is not a lot of space. Overall, if you like chocolate it's a good place to get dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whether you love chocolate or notChesleyDined on 11/9/2014Nice concept of a nod to chocolate. Mexican dark chocolate hot chocolate was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed their meal: 2 chocolate lovers and one non-chocolate lover. Everyone can find something tasty to enjoy. Had an infant with us and that was no problem either. The retail section is unobtrusive enough to not be annoying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2014Great for teenage groups. Daughter came with other friends. They love the food for meals and especially the appetizers. Definitely an usual menu. Great for dessert chocolate and more chocolate. Very special for family occasions with teens and children. No weight watcher items ha ha. Service and great staff all attentive and wonderful. I suggest you make reservations. They can get quite busy at night. All in all a very festive restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulCenacleDined on 11/7/2014Dinner and dessert both great! You will have a really good time. Nice wait staff!Special Features:
- Fun dining experienceLive2eatDined on 11/2/2014The menu is crazy fun with chocolate this and chocolate that! Waffles for savory or sweet delights Unique, tasty, fun dining experience. Go hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snow BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014We all went to Max's for brunch and it was amazing. The food was great and service was wonderful. The noise level was high with so many people coming in that we couldn't hear each other. Over all great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as the New York one!NanaVIPDined on 11/1/2014I went to Boston to visit a friend and took her to Max Brenner because I love the New York one and knew she'd love it as well. The first thing I noticed was how reminiscent it is of the New York location. The interior is designed the same and the menu is the same as well. It was like I never left. The food was just as good as well, and I was hoping to have at least one variation on the menu so I could try something different but from what I could it was pretty much the exact same. This isn't a bad thing, just an observation. The waiters were very friendly and courteous. We had the spicy chicken flatbread, the guilt-free omelet with waffle fries and toast, the lemonade with passion fruit and the swiss hot milk chocolate. It was all great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Fondue for two is overpriced considering you only get small portions of the brownies, fruit, etc.
- Best for dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014We eaten her a number of times. My teen age kids like it. I'd probably go here specifically for dessert if it were totally my choice. The Food menu seems like an afterthought. Burgers, sandwiches Mac and cheese type stuff. The kitchen plates it up in a fun fancy way. The decor is ok , slightly disney-like with a chocolate theme and color through-out.... it's fun the first time. tables are crowded together a little too tightly for my liking and it's a bit dark and noisy. Dessert are nicely styled and feel special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014My fiance had the Philly cheesesteak waffle sandwich. It was out of this world!Special Features:
- TastyCharDined on 10/27/2014The food was delicious and well-portioned as always and our drinks were moderately priced for good options. Our server was great and very friendly, although at the end he become overly familiar, which is something I've noticed with previous experiences. Not enough of a problem to deter anyone from going however.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencesassysmithDined on 10/25/2014My boyfriend and I came to Max Brenner's for our 3rd anniversary together. We were seated promptly, our server was great and ensured that we had everything we needed, and the food was fantastic whether there was chocolate in it or not. The cheese sauce that came with the waffle fries was my favorite part -- it's a must have for those of us who like spicy things! The prices were a little high, but then we're just a couple of broke college kids so that was expected, and the portions were massive so it was totally fine. The only complaint I have was that it was pretty loud in there, but even that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The area was intimate enough that we could still hear each other. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My fiancé and I came here for dessert and were disappointed we didn't do the same for breakfast, brunch, lunch, AND dinner! The atmosphere was great. The service was excellent and the food, from what we saw and smelled, all looked amazing. We got a seasonal fondue and it was to die for. We will definitely be going back on our next trip to boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave it another trynotmyfavDined on 10/18/2014I visited this restaurant three years ago and had a terrible experience. As we were displeased with our experienced we were given a generous gift certificate and finally decided to give it another try. This was a far better experience, and my mother even remarked that the goat cheese salad on a corn waffle was the best salad she has ever had.Special Features:
- Fun for AllfoodforthoughtsDined on 10/18/2014It's a fun atmosphere and worth the experience. The food was good but kudos to the chocolate cocktails and dessert options.Special Features:
- dontbejellybroDined on 10/17/2014This was my first time using opentable so I was unsure if they would take my reservation that I scheduled through a website and not the restaurant. We waited 10 minutes for a table to be cleaned off while the regular wait for a Friday night crowd was over an hour. Food was good, ambiance was cool, but really noisy. I had a hard time hearing and talking to my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Tooth havenYummyinMytummyDined on 10/13/2014If you're a dessert addict or a chocaholic, this place is your dreamland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2explorefoodDined on 10/12/2014Our name was down for 8:30. We reached very early around 7:30. They had one open table which could have fit all of us. They made us wait for 45 minutes but didn't give us that table because our reservation was for 8:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great environment!jayjayDined on 10/12/2014My sister and I had hot chocolates (dark for me and milk for my sister), and also had a Frutti-something waffle.. the hot cholates were wonderful as usual, and the waffle was just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodGeorgesBTDined on 10/12/2014Great food, chocolate heaven, great service by our waiter. the front hostess was having an off day which was visible in her voice and look, but nothing to ruin an amazing first experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food was simply not that good. Overpriced for what it was.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014it was a fun place- good for kids and chocolate lovers of all ages. lunch was delicious , the ice cream milkshakes very creative and also delicious. the menu was extensive. sandwiches, salads breakfast foods and just fun snack foods as well. i plan to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Food was delicious. Service was not great. Took a long time to get items ordered and the place was not full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but could be betterFoodisgoodDined on 10/3/2014Great atmosphere but slow service! Went for dinner and the food was sub par, though the chocolate decor was fun to look at. However, considering the chocolate theme (and from the looks of the menu) would probably be a tasty brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Food was good, service was eh. Had to wait a while after sitting down for waitress to come, even though the restaurant was empty. Didn't have silverware so when we got our entree we waited another 10 minutes for silverware to come. Food was different and good though.
- Great for Dessert!Table4FiveDined on 9/26/2014We came for dinner and dessert with our children. Unfortunately, dinner was not good. Food was bland. However, dessert was great and we all had a blast eating chocolate fondu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jessicamDined on 9/21/2014The restaurant was warm and humid, must have been due to the strange weather we had this past weekend. Unfortunately there was a mistake with one of the dishes so the two of us ended up eating at completely different times. The 'Max'-ican omelet was delicious and so were the sugar dusted biscuits.Special Features:
- Cute Place, inedible FoodHappyDinerNotAFoodieDined on 9/20/2014I have never written a bad review before, but $87 for food that doesn't live up to Sonic Drive-in & waiting for the food only means I was grateful that the company was great & the decor interesting.Special Features:
- Chocolate martinis!!!AngelDined on 9/13/2014We went to the restaurant mainly for their chocolate martinis!!! The best I ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night dessert spotBostonFoodieDined on 8/31/2014The food is delicious and the deserts are heavenly. Lively vibrant atmosphere. Interior seating could be a little more comfortable. All things considered definitely worth a visit. The chocolate pudding is to die for:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!MikeVIPDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant was terrific, I took a group of returning college students and my daughter. The food and the service was outstanding. Try any of the sandwiches and definately the deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chocolate martiniEatDrinkbmerryDined on 8/30/2014Wife enjoys their chocolate martini's. Food is very good but a limited menu. Pretty noisy inside but everyone seems to be enjoying them selfs. Would definitely go back when I'm in the Boston area again. Recommend reservations on busy weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Yum. When we saw the menu, we wished we came here for lunch. We came here for dessert, and all got shakes. A decent amount of choices, although wish the kids options could be for us big kids too. This not about portion size, but the great kids choices. Waiter was wonderful. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTEZuckerVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were disappointed with the food and with the service. The food was only okay. When we checked in, we were seated in the bar area instead of the main dining area even though the restaurant was not busy. We also needed to submit proof that we dined there, because they did not check us in with our open table reservation. (The visit does not appear on our reservation history and Dining Points have not yet to be credited to our account.) The first time we dined there was 3 years ago and it was fantastic, fun and friendly. Sadly, it hasn't been the same on any visit since.
- chocolate and more..who needs more?miscelenaDined on 8/29/2014Can't comment on the brunch menu - I've only ever been here late night for dessert fondue... and that is amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookieMonsterDined on 8/29/2014Went to Max Brenner's during Dining Out Week. The Italian hot chocolate is really delicious and creamy. I really liked their take on the turkey club which had a rosemary infused waffle as the bread. My server was really nice. The only complaint I have is the wait time for some of the food. The first two courses didn't take long at all but after finishing my sandwich I waited over 20 minutes for the dessert to come out, even though I had ordered it at the same time as my appetizer and entree. I didn't have time to eat it there so they gave me a decorated tin to take as a to go box which was cool. Overall it was a good experience and there are plenty of other things on their menu that I am interested in trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.ChocolateLoverDined on 8/29/2014The entire experience was mostly positive. The food was delicious, the prices were reasonable, however the waiters were slow. It wasn't that crowded but it took a long time to get our check, as well as refills on drinks. I had the Nutella and strawberry crepe for dessert, which was delicious!
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Everything about my visit was fantastic. Very friendly and energetic staff and the food was fantastic. It was nice and peaceful dinner. Didn't feel rushed at all like you do at other places. Would recommended this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Max Brenner ReviewfoodloverDined on 8/26/2014Service is extremely slow, even if you are the only ones in the restaurant. Staff is rude and unprofessional. Seems like they were in business for their first day and did not hire the right staff or know restaurant logistics.Special Features: