140 Glastonbury Blvd
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maxamore.com/
- Phone: (860) 659-2819
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ted Burnett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Rick Beston or David Hightower 8606592819
A word from Max Amore
Max Amore is the creation of restaurateur Richard Rosenthal and partner Mark Conley. The Northern Italian cuisine has been so well received, a Connecticut Magazine poll rated it "Best New Restaurant" in 1995 and "Reader's Choice" three times. Visit Max Amore for the perfect brick oven pizza stone pie or pastas with the freshest ingredients. Offerings on the menu also include seafood, pork, and beef. Daily specials provide additional opportunities to sample new and creative fare. The extremely professional and knowledgeable staff easily assists guests with Max Amore's expansive, yet reasonable wine list. The ambience at Amore is sophisticated, yet casual. A private dining room is also available for special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Max Amore reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)special occasion (67)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (52)hot spot (42)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (33)romantic (31)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Max Amore, Glastonbury CTmaryvbDined on 11/15/2014The pasta dishes are good but they don't wow me. The specials are hit or miss as far as being memorable. This past weekend I had the trout special. It was ok - not something I would order again - nothing special. I did have an excellent steak/filet special about 2 months ago but have not seen it on the menu since then - too bad. The place is VERY noisy and the sound not only travels but echoes. Don't plan on having any private conversations because the tables (especially for two) are right on top of each other - reminds me of NY dining. Also, if anyone in your party has the slightest hearing issues they won't hear a word all night. The service was not attentative. It was ok, had to flag down the server a couple of times but she did stop over and ask how things were after our meals were delivered. I like the bar area for happy hour or dinner with a friend. I don't recommend the dining area for a business or romatic dinner. Business lunches are fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Consistent excellence on all fronts, as always. Max Amore has always been one if my favorites in the Max Group. Wonderful food and service in a great space. My Salmon was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We took a friend out for her birthday and we had a good time. The draw for me was not the food but the experience.Special Features:
- AdamAdamVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great always meets expectations and beyond. A classic go to spot in glastonbury. Wonderful executive chef teddy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014thank you again for a delicous meal served with a smile. Wait staff is always good without hovering. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!MyFavPlaceDined on 11/7/2014Maxamore is one of my favorite restaurants. I've been there many times with just one ither person as well as in groups. The service is always fabulous and the food is absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend maxamore to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food--as usual!MickieDined on 11/5/2014This is a great place to go. Went there to meet with a few friends. It was quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014My girl friends and I meet here every 3 months for dinner to catch up. We tend to get the same table, which we love! I can't say enough about the service and the food is always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014I met up with an old friend at Max Amore. We had a great time, and enjoyed a delicious meal there. Everything was great, from the service, to the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, excellent.KennyVIPDined on 11/4/2014As always, excellent food and excellent service. I recommend the Toscana salad with pan seared scallops. Our waiter Steven certainly added it to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up To Max Standard of ExcellenceTodboDined on 11/1/2014We had to get to a concert, and Amore offered a menu that would let us get swift service. The kitchen and wait staff provided our dinners promptly but did not rush us at all. My stone pie was excellent, and the broccoli rabe with garlic was crispy tender. My wife's salmon was perfectly prepared. Everything was just fine, and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thirsty thursdays!aek05001Dined on 10/30/2014i went on a thursday and was pleasantly (actually ecstatic) about the half price bottles of wine. the selection was nice, they had 2 gavis which i haven't found at a lot of places. the wine isn't too expensive so half priced is really reasonable! the vodka pasta was amazing and the salads were generous. will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSailboatDined on 10/30/2014Travel to Glastonbury on business. Always stop by for dinner.Special Features:
- Atypical Poor ServicePinotNoirFanDined on 10/25/2014Arrived 2 minutes before reservation, gave our name, said we were meeting another couple. 12 minutes later, friends saw us from the bar. Hostess apparently didn't make the connection. Went to order wine, both selections were out. Standard by-the-glass selections on a Saturday night. Wouldn't you stock these during the week to be prepared for the weekend. Guest ordered Carbonara and additional meatballs, a menu option. They arrived on a separate plate in red sauce. When asked why 2 plates, told "we don't mix sauces in the kitchen". Why no meatballs without sauce, or in white sauc efor the Carbonara? Guests wanted a 2nd glass of wine. Several minutes to get list, waitress didn't return until hailed. By now, both guests were nearly finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceDinerDined on 10/18/2014You can always count on Max's for high quality food and service. Our meals were all excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatPatrDined on 10/17/2014Food was outstanding! A most enjoyable evening was had by all....will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We were disappointed when our reservation did not land us a good table at the designated time. We were put at the worst table in the house, at the entrance to the restaurant. We asked to be moved, but had to wait. Finally turned out fine. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and staffAlwaysThinkingNextMealDined on 10/12/2014Very impressed with the specials, and our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WisteriaVIPDined on 10/8/2014Have been to Max Amore several times and have had outstanding meals every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushing throughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The food was amazing and the staff were extremely friendly and prompt. However, I felt rushed through dinner. Our food arrived quickly which was great but I didn't get the impression that weven could sit and enjoy a drink after dinner was over. We actually left and went to a different restaurant for after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too tightmurraythekDined on 10/4/2014The waitress was good, the food was delicious, but the space was inadequate. There is a bank of cramped two person tables along a wall. With drinks, bread and one shared appetizer there was not room enough for comfort. I guess the designer said this was the absolute minimum size for two persons and they went with it. We'll still go back, we left happy, but we won't sit at these tables again. Beware!
- Love the Max chain BUT....ToniVIPDined on 10/3/2014I always enjoy the food at the Max chain of restaurants BUT it seems Amore has gotten way too busy for their staff to handle. Waited probably 20 minutes before we finally hailed down a server who found our server to at least give their first greeting and bring drinks!! My friend got their first so I assumed someone had already come by, but after we had been chatting for 20 minutes and nobody had come by, I finally paid attention. Subsequently, although food arrived reasonably quickly, the service was like at fast food joints, meaning NON-EXISTENT!! First time I am NOT recommending a Max restaurant.Special Features:
- Our go to restaurantOTLongTimeMemberVIPDined on 10/2/2014We dine here frequently because of the consistency of food and service. The pasta entrees are generous as are the salads. Local farms are used when available. Split an appetizer if you wish. A small dish of olives and an Italian bread basket are served; roasted garlic for the bread. Good selection of wines by the glass and there are always specials. Service at any Max restaurant is always excellent. A lot of the staff has been there a while so they are trained in the Max way. Food is always delivered promptly. It has an open kitchen including the wood fired pizza oven. Reservations are essential on weekends and recommended on other days. This is a high volume restaurant so expect lots of hustling around and a bit of noise.
- Max Amore FanAbeandLouiesFanDined on 9/26/2014Max Amore is a favorite Max location. They all have their own particular feel. Amore has a comfortable Italian-esque neighborhood feel, suitable for family, group or couples dining. A central open grill/brick oven food prep area, creates a nice buffer between the "not too big" bar and the dining. Service is always personable and food is always high quality with a broad enough selection to suit any desires. A "must" do place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food2di4VIPDined on 9/23/2014I had lunch with 2 friends at Max. Our server was very nice and and was there when we needed her. She did not try to rush us at all. The food was delicious as usual. Great restaurant for lunch with friends.Special Features:
- Over priced wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Our waitress recommend a wine to us and failed to mention it was $22 a glass!!
- JUST GO!!KatBugDined on 9/19/2014The special $20.14 dinner was perfect all around: portion size, variety and yumminess! Best tiramisu I have ever tasted. DOn't hesitate: GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- venomDined on 9/18/2014We were late due to traffic and did not get the seating location we requested. My husband's meal was great, mine had to go back as it was shrimp with pasta and the shrimp had not been cleaned completely. I had shrimp with the veins hanging out and then I had veins in my pasta. Needless to say I sent it back, the hostess agreed with me and removed immediately and said out loud "gross". They were very accommodating and adjusted my bill, I think my whole meal price should have been removed, but it was one of the price fixed selections, so she reduced my bill by $11.00. Will not be going back for awhile and definitely will not be having seafood. Service was great, place is way too loud and tables too close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceChiantiMDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful atmosphere for a business lunch, nice selection of items and not too priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodkglastonburyDined on 9/17/2014Max Amore is consistently good. We often go for brunch and dinner and have never been disappointed with the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingJimGDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is another gem in the Max Restaurant Group crown. The food was very good, as it always is. I have highly recommended Max Restaurants in the past and continue to do so.Special Features:
- Dinner in the SuburbsHLuckDined on 9/16/2014Max Amore's Dinner in the Suburbs was absolutely delish! Lamb meatballs, heirloom tomatoes, scallops over a bed of late summer veg hash and stone fruit crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream...all sourced locally! Great meal. I've never had a bad meal at Max More.Special Features:
- Tiramisu (heaven on a plate)caelplVIPDined on 9/16/2014Sure, the Caprese salad appetizer was very tasty, and the scallops entree was delicious, but the TIRAMISU is the best I've ever had (anywhere).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable mealanniversaryDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed great food and a pleasant atmosphere at Max-Amore. Our scallops were perfectly done and with a creative recipe. The steak was equally done just right and also a different taste. The only negative was that the apple crisp for dessert was not warm enough to melt the ice cream topping. Excellent over-all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a delightpastafanDined on 9/12/2014There are two things we love about Max Amore: 1. incredible Italian food, 2. a staff that's not only nice, but friendly and happy. I don't say this lightly: the pasta dishes we've eaten at Max's are as delicious as those we've had in Italy. Man--their chefs know what they're doing! The crisp rounds of eggplant we had for prime were so scrumptious that I found I was closing my eyes while eating them, just to focus more on the taste. I don't normally rave about eggplant--this was just exquisite. I was so full and satisfied at the end of our entrees that I hesitated to order dessert, but we did. Even the biscotti are perfect. No less praiseworthy is the staff, who make you feel comfortable and pampered. Friendly but professional.Special Features:
- Loved It, great specialsSammiDDined on 9/12/2014There was a great taste of the suburbs menu this week and for the money, it was a great steal. The seared scallops were so tasty! My boyfriend got the house-made pasta and it was also great.Special Features:
- enjoyable midweek evening outEastoftheRiverDined on 9/11/2014We went at the last minute during Taste of the Suburbs. We had everything from the prix fixe menu and liked them all. Great promotion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!WHdinerDined on 9/10/2014My meal was quite tasty and the menu had many choices that I would never make at home. Three out of four of us enjoyed the prix fixe options. Atmosphere a bit too loud for my taste.Special Features:
- great as alwaysgirlsdinneroutDined on 9/10/2014A wonderful early fall night to dine on their heated patio. Max Amore had a great dinner special in the Taste of the suburbs, The lamb meatballs were soft and succulent, the scallops tender and taste and the Tiramisou ended the evening just right.Special Features:
- Spur of the Moment DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/201440th anniversary at my job, made quick reservations on a weeknight. Both my wife and I had pork chops. She had no complaints but, my dish was as tuff as shoe leather. Worse yet, the waitress did not even ask how our meals were because if she did, I would of told her. If was if, quick here is your food, eat and get out.Special Features: