140 Glastonbury Blvd
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maxamore.com/
- Phone: 8606592819
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ted Burnett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Rick Beston or David Hightower 8606592819
A word from Max Amore
Max Amore is the creation of restaurateur Richard Rosenthal and partner Mark Conley. The Northern Italian cuisine has been so well received, a Connecticut Magazine poll rated it "Best New Restaurant" in 1995 and "Reader's Choice" three times. Visit Max Amore for the perfect brick oven pizza stone pie or pastas with the freshest ingredients. Offerings on the menu also include seafood, pork, and beef. Daily specials provide additional opportunities to sample new and creative fare. The extremely professional and knowledgeable staff easily assists guests with Max Amore's expansive, yet reasonable wine list. The ambience at Amore is sophisticated, yet casual. A private dining room is also available for special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Max Amore reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)fit for foodies (71)great for outdoor dining (48)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (42)great for lunch (40)romantic (39)hot spot (32)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (28)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Over priced wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Our waitress recommend a wine to us and failed to mention it was $22 a glass!!
- Exceptional ServiceChiantiMDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful atmosphere for a business lunch, nice selection of items and not too priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodkglastonburyDined on 9/17/2014Max Amore is consistently good. We often go for brunch and dinner and have never been disappointed with the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingJimGDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is another gem in the Max Restaurant Group crown. The food was very good, as it always is. I have highly recommended Max Restaurants in the past and continue to do so.Special Features:
- Dinner in the SuburbsHLuckDined on 9/16/2014Max Amore's Dinner in the Suburbs was absolutely delish! Lamb meatballs, heirloom tomatoes, scallops over a bed of late summer veg hash and stone fruit crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream...all sourced locally! Great meal. I've never had a bad meal at Max More.Special Features:
- Tiramisu (heaven on a plate)caelplVIPDined on 9/16/2014Sure, the Caprese salad appetizer was very tasty, and the scallops entree was delicious, but the TIRAMISU is the best I've ever had (anywhere).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable mealanniversaryDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed great food and a pleasant atmosphere at Max-Amore. Our scallops were perfectly done and with a creative recipe. The steak was equally done just right and also a different taste. The only negative was that the apple crisp for dessert was not warm enough to melt the ice cream topping. Excellent over-all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a delightpastafanDined on 9/12/2014There are two things we love about Max Amore: 1. incredible Italian food, 2. a staff that's not only nice, but friendly and happy. I don't say this lightly: the pasta dishes we've eaten at Max's are as delicious as those we've had in Italy. Man--their chefs know what they're doing! The crisp rounds of eggplant we had for prime were so scrumptious that I found I was closing my eyes while eating them, just to focus more on the taste. I don't normally rave about eggplant--this was just exquisite. I was so full and satisfied at the end of our entrees that I hesitated to order dessert, but we did. Even the biscotti are perfect. No less praiseworthy is the staff, who make you feel comfortable and pampered. Friendly but professional.Special Features:
- Loved It, great specialsSammiDDined on 9/12/2014There was a great taste of the suburbs menu this week and for the money, it was a great steal. The seared scallops were so tasty! My boyfriend got the house-made pasta and it was also great.Special Features:
- enjoyable midweek evening outEastoftheRiverDined on 9/11/2014We went at the last minute during Taste of the Suburbs. We had everything from the prix fixe menu and liked them all. Great promotion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!WHdinerDined on 9/10/2014My meal was quite tasty and the menu had many choices that I would never make at home. Three out of four of us enjoyed the prix fixe options. Atmosphere a bit too loud for my taste.Special Features:
- great as alwaysgirlsdinneroutDined on 9/10/2014A wonderful early fall night to dine on their heated patio. Max Amore had a great dinner special in the Taste of the suburbs, The lamb meatballs were soft and succulent, the scallops tender and taste and the Tiramisou ended the evening just right.Special Features:
- Spur of the Moment DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/201440th anniversary at my job, made quick reservations on a weeknight. Both my wife and I had pork chops. She had no complaints but, my dish was as tuff as shoe leather. Worse yet, the waitress did not even ask how our meals were because if she did, I would of told her. If was if, quick here is your food, eat and get out.Special Features:
- Always a good meal at a MaxJTinCTDined on 9/6/2014Max Amore is another example of the fine restaurants in the Max family. The food is always very good, the atmosphere interesting and the service always great. Max Amore has a wide variety of Italian food from pizza to classic and interesting entrees. Have been numerous times over the years and have always had a great experince.
- always wonderfuloutstandingVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went with a friend who I go to Max with about three times a year. Always perfect food, service, ambiance....fun place for dinner and we are always happy when we leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightNightoutDined on 8/30/2014Great food and waitress was very informative and friendly. Table for two was very small and too close to neighboring table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic summer dinnerHartsdaleDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dining experience included comfortable patio table adjacent to beautiful blooming flowers. Dinner was tasty with generous entree serving and side. Staff was very pleasant. Location at attractive Somerset Square was convenient to our hotel across the street. Will definately return again.Special Features:
- Really great, againerbdvmDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed going with our friends from out of town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014Restaurant smelled as if I had come to a fish market. Forced to eat outside, which I did not mind at all. Smell gone by the time I left. Server brought bread to the table - no butter. Had to ask for it. Same with the coffee, no sugar. Should pay more attention to detail. Restaurant not that busy at that time. Over all, I had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014One of our favorite dining locations. On this visit we brought friends who were new to Max Amore. They loved it and will return. We have been to Max Amore many times over many years and never get tired of the menu since it is updated so often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Awesome!CoondogDined on 8/16/2014Apps, food and drinks were great. Especially loved the cucumbers!! Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal & serviceLinda377VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time Saturday night at Max Amore. Our server, Ashley was great. The manager, Sarah, stopped by and was so cordial and very accommodating. We'll definitely be back.
- good foodacfreshDined on 8/16/2014food was great always, but the portions have really been cut down. taste they are a 10/10 but the portions are enough only for a young child. after salads and means we were both still very hungry afterwards. a year or two ago the portions were larger and more filling, wish it would go back to that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like an old frienddeep6oystersVIPDined on 8/12/2014Max Amore is like an old friend that you can rely on. The grilled pork chop with balsamic glaze was out of this world. HUGE, and I ate every morsel!! We enjoy sitting outside away from the intense air conditioning!Special Features:
- Great DinnerExcellentVIPDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner on the patio. Food was delicious! Waitress was not very attentive and not very knowledgeable on the drink and wine menu (she was helpful with food related questions). Although we were offered coffee she never brought the dessert menu, just left us the check :(Special Features:
- Fabulous restaraunt!MyFavPlaceDined on 8/7/2014Absolutely my favorite restaraunt! I went for dinner with a friend this time who had never been and he loved it! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!SolarGirlDined on 8/2/2014We always have a great experience at Max Amore, and our last visit was no exception. Michael was attentive, without being too much, and the food was delicious as it always is. Max Amore is our go-to spot when we want great food and service - consistently!Special Features:
- Unusually bad experienceJeanetteVIPDined on 8/1/2014I'm a big fan of the max restaurant group. I frequently dine at their restaurants and normally have a great experience. So I was very surprised to have had a horrible experience this last visit. The waitress was terrible. Extremely slow and not attentive. She spent 10 minutes chatting with guests at one of her tables while all her others were waiting to order or waiting for food/drinks. It took an hour to get our entree and both were completely raw. We sent them back and got them raw a second time. At this point we said forget it. They were just throwing it back on the grill so it was overcooked on the outside and uncooked on the inside. At least management realized how unacceptable it was and comped our drinks. But I won't be back soon
- familydiner4Dined on 8/1/2014Food and atmosphere very good, but taken aback by servers obvious attempts to pad bill to increase tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was the first back to Max Amore in a couple of years, sorry to say it was just OK. Service was so, so and it seemed to take forever to get our meals. Food was good, but I was surprised that my special fish entree was serviced with the skin still on - had to pick it off and push to the side of the plate. Our friends who are Max card holders too had not been to tjis specific restaurant but were not impressed. This is my 2nd Max experience that did. Of meet my expectations.
- DisappointingKSinghDined on 7/26/2014The trend of Max Amore servers messing up my orders continues. I haven been here before for Corporate lunches due to its close proximity. The food is average the service is below average. Inspite of having a reservation I had to wait fifteen minutes before a server showed up. She was very rude and seemed very disengaged and uninterested. After all that she messes up my order and when I told her she says " oh OK". Unacceptable from a restaurant with average dinner entrée prices at $17. The worst restaurant in the Max chain.I am never going back here again. Not worth the price.
- My Favorite Restaraunt!MyFavPlaceDined on 7/18/2014Maxamore has been my favorite restaurant for years! The atmosphere is nice and romantic yet could be nice for a family get together. I have brought many friends and family here and everyone loves the food and service and would recommend to others. Fabulous place! Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLunchMtgDined on 7/18/2014A great lunch experience! Steven "sold" us on the specials of the heavenly caprese salad, a melt in your mouth steak dish with chimichurri, and an extraordinary wine pairing to top it off. The food was phenomenal and the service was top shelf!Special Features:
- Better service than foodshastamanDined on 7/16/2014As a low carb foodie, I ordered the mussels, followed by the NY Strip with garlic spinach. The mussels were over-cooked, but nonetheless 5 of 35 were non-openers (ie, deceased before cooking). The NY strip came medium rare as ordered and nicely spiced. The garlic spinach was tasty after adding a bit of extra butter (everything I ordered bowed to the current Michelle Obama low fat consensus dogma). My major problem was with the NY strip, over 25% of which was inedible connective tissue (aka gristle). Clearly the owner's choice was to use a good grade piece of meat in place of a choice or prime cut. All that said, the service was great. I feel bad for the servers, who have to know that they are serving junk with a professional flourish.
- Nice nite outBirthdaydinerDined on 7/15/2014Taylor made us feel welcome and knew the menu well. Very good service no hurry and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs attentionCTFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014We love the Max Chain and have been to all of the restaurants in the group which usually provide consistent good meals. Max Downtown is the star. But, Max Amore has fallen behind the rest of the chain in terms of food quality and dining experience. Our meals the past couple of times have been below expectations and the most recent time delivered food that was literally inedible. While the manager did remove the meal from our tab and comped us dessert - we really just want this restaurant to come back to speed. It is time for a new look, a menu that brings in specials or changes with seasons to bring the freshest quality ingredients and a chef that is in control of the kitchen.
- Delightful outdoor diningShesheDined on 7/5/2014Spent a clear saturday night enjoying the lobster festival offered that weekend. Weather Could not have been more perfect. Unfortunately two loud businessmen had too many drinks And make chatting a bit more difficult. The food runner slammed the dishes and a fruit Cup slid into place for my dining partner. A chat with the waitress brought the manage Who was very polite and responsive. I only wish chairs were not back to back.Special Features:
- Excellent Outdoor Dining experienceGlastonburyfoodieDined on 7/5/2014Neighborhood favorite for years, went with a party of 6 for their special 4th of July Lobster weekend special. Sat on the patio and we all enjoyed our evening, food, service etc all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great place to dine with excellent service. The food was very good with perfect wine to go along with the pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster is back!deep6oystersVIPDined on 7/4/2014The lobster event held last week was a joy!! Wonderful 'angry lobster' gnocchi & great corn chowder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.