140 Glastonbury Blvd
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maxamore.com/
- Phone: 8606592819
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ted Burnett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Rick Beston or David Hightower 8606592819
A word from Max Amore
Max Amore is the creation of restaurateur Richard Rosenthal and partner Mark Conley. The Northern Italian cuisine has been so well received, a Connecticut Magazine poll rated it "Best New Restaurant" in 1995 and "Reader's Choice" three times. Visit Max Amore for the perfect brick oven pizza stone pie or pastas with the freshest ingredients. Offerings on the menu also include seafood, pork, and beef. Daily specials provide additional opportunities to sample new and creative fare. The extremely professional and knowledgeable staff easily assists guests with Max Amore's expansive, yet reasonable wine list. The ambience at Amore is sophisticated, yet casual. A private dining room is also available for special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Max Amore reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (34)great for lunch (34)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (16)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Really great, againerbdvmDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed going with our friends from out of town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014Restaurant smelled as if I had come to a fish market. Forced to eat outside, which I did not mind at all. Smell gone by the time I left. Server brought bread to the table - no butter. Had to ask for it. Same with the coffee, no sugar. Should pay more attention to detail. Restaurant not that busy at that time. Over all, I had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014One of our favorite dining locations. On this visit we brought friends who were new to Max Amore. They loved it and will return. We have been to Max Amore many times over many years and never get tired of the menu since it is updated so often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Awesome!CoondogDined on 8/16/2014Apps, food and drinks were great. Especially loved the cucumbers!! Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal & serviceLinda377VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time Saturday night at Max Amore. Our server, Ashley was great. The manager, Sarah, stopped by and was so cordial and very accommodating. We'll definitely be back.
- good foodacfreshDined on 8/16/2014food was great always, but the portions have really been cut down. taste they are a 10/10 but the portions are enough only for a young child. after salads and means we were both still very hungry afterwards. a year or two ago the portions were larger and more filling, wish it would go back to that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like an old frienddeep6oystersVIPDined on 8/12/2014Max Amore is like an old friend that you can rely on. The grilled pork chop with balsamic glaze was out of this world. HUGE, and I ate every morsel!! We enjoy sitting outside away from the intense air conditioning!Special Features:
- Great DinnerExcellentVIPDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner on the patio. Food was delicious! Waitress was not very attentive and not very knowledgeable on the drink and wine menu (she was helpful with food related questions). Although we were offered coffee she never brought the dessert menu, just left us the check :(Special Features:
- Fabulous restaraunt!MyFavPlaceDined on 8/7/2014Absolutely my favorite restaraunt! I went for dinner with a friend this time who had never been and he loved it! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!SolarGirlDined on 8/2/2014We always have a great experience at Max Amore, and our last visit was no exception. Michael was attentive, without being too much, and the food was delicious as it always is. Max Amore is our go-to spot when we want great food and service - consistently!Special Features:
- Unusually bad experienceJeanetteVIPDined on 8/1/2014I'm a big fan of the max restaurant group. I frequently dine at their restaurants and normally have a great experience. So I was very surprised to have had a horrible experience this last visit. The waitress was terrible. Extremely slow and not attentive. She spent 10 minutes chatting with guests at one of her tables while all her others were waiting to order or waiting for food/drinks. It took an hour to get our entree and both were completely raw. We sent them back and got them raw a second time. At this point we said forget it. They were just throwing it back on the grill so it was overcooked on the outside and uncooked on the inside. At least management realized how unacceptable it was and comped our drinks. But I won't be back soon
- familydiner4Dined on 8/1/2014Food and atmosphere very good, but taken aback by servers obvious attempts to pad bill to increase tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was the first back to Max Amore in a couple of years, sorry to say it was just OK. Service was so, so and it seemed to take forever to get our meals. Food was good, but I was surprised that my special fish entree was serviced with the skin still on - had to pick it off and push to the side of the plate. Our friends who are Max card holders too had not been to tjis specific restaurant but were not impressed. This is my 2nd Max experience that did. Of meet my expectations.
- DisappointingKSinghDined on 7/26/2014The trend of Max Amore servers messing up my orders continues. I haven been here before for Corporate lunches due to its close proximity. The food is average the service is below average. Inspite of having a reservation I had to wait fifteen minutes before a server showed up. She was very rude and seemed very disengaged and uninterested. After all that she messes up my order and when I told her she says " oh OK". Unacceptable from a restaurant with average dinner entrée prices at $17. The worst restaurant in the Max chain.I am never going back here again. Not worth the price.
- My Favorite Restaraunt!MyFavPlaceDined on 7/18/2014Maxamore has been my favorite restaurant for years! The atmosphere is nice and romantic yet could be nice for a family get together. I have brought many friends and family here and everyone loves the food and service and would recommend to others. Fabulous place! Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLunchMtgDined on 7/18/2014A great lunch experience! Steven "sold" us on the specials of the heavenly caprese salad, a melt in your mouth steak dish with chimichurri, and an extraordinary wine pairing to top it off. The food was phenomenal and the service was top shelf!Special Features:
- Better service than foodshastamanDined on 7/16/2014As a low carb foodie, I ordered the mussels, followed by the NY Strip with garlic spinach. The mussels were over-cooked, but nonetheless 5 of 35 were non-openers (ie, deceased before cooking). The NY strip came medium rare as ordered and nicely spiced. The garlic spinach was tasty after adding a bit of extra butter (everything I ordered bowed to the current Michelle Obama low fat consensus dogma). My major problem was with the NY strip, over 25% of which was inedible connective tissue (aka gristle). Clearly the owner's choice was to use a good grade piece of meat in place of a choice or prime cut. All that said, the service was great. I feel bad for the servers, who have to know that they are serving junk with a professional flourish.
- Nice nite outBirthdaydinerDined on 7/15/2014Taylor made us feel welcome and knew the menu well. Very good service no hurry and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs attentionCTFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014We love the Max Chain and have been to all of the restaurants in the group which usually provide consistent good meals. Max Downtown is the star. But, Max Amore has fallen behind the rest of the chain in terms of food quality and dining experience. Our meals the past couple of times have been below expectations and the most recent time delivered food that was literally inedible. While the manager did remove the meal from our tab and comped us dessert - we really just want this restaurant to come back to speed. It is time for a new look, a menu that brings in specials or changes with seasons to bring the freshest quality ingredients and a chef that is in control of the kitchen.
- Delightful outdoor diningShesheDined on 7/5/2014Spent a clear saturday night enjoying the lobster festival offered that weekend. Weather Could not have been more perfect. Unfortunately two loud businessmen had too many drinks And make chatting a bit more difficult. The food runner slammed the dishes and a fruit Cup slid into place for my dining partner. A chat with the waitress brought the manage Who was very polite and responsive. I only wish chairs were not back to back.Special Features:
- Excellent Outdoor Dining experienceGlastonburyfoodieDined on 7/5/2014Neighborhood favorite for years, went with a party of 6 for their special 4th of July Lobster weekend special. Sat on the patio and we all enjoyed our evening, food, service etc all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great place to dine with excellent service. The food was very good with perfect wine to go along with the pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster is back!deep6oystersVIPDined on 7/4/2014The lobster event held last week was a joy!! Wonderful 'angry lobster' gnocchi & great corn chowder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gamiDined on 7/1/2014As usual, the Bolganaise was just delicious and we were given time to catch up as friends.Special Features:
- cwayDined on 6/30/2014Always excellent and more than meets expectations. Great place to have dinner with friends. Excellent wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're RegularsLocalDined on 6/28/2014We come here a lot. Food is great, service is good. Great place to bring business colleagues. It's a little loud for conversation, but you always know you're going to get a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UninspiredsavoryeaterVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our waiter was excellent, the service generally good. I wish I could be more enthusiastic about the food. Just average.
- A little disappointed...AndresMDDined on 6/27/2014I am a Max Fan, ans i was looking foward to go to Max Amore. The place is beautifull and great service. We ordered our food, and the food came in less than 10 minutes (?). Flavor: 0, Presentation: 4. In other words: Microwave Food.
- Great Birthday Dinner!SuzyQDined on 6/27/2014It was my husband's birthday dinner celebration so he picked Max Amore. My brother and his wife came with us and we were lucky enough to get a table outside on the veranda. It was a beautiful night and our waitress was awesome. My husband and I split a meal as did my brother and his wife. They brought the meals already split and we were all able to enjoy our meals with our own plates. It was so nice and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Relaxed atmosphere, Good foodWatchHillBillDined on 6/24/2014As is usual at Max restaurants we enjoyed good food in a relaxed setting. Great for a casual lunch with friends or a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDDined on 6/20/2014Pasta (Gambieri) was overcooked; bland and lacked flavor/salt. But we still love J,. Gilbert's and will always come back... Della Casa salad is phenomenal; I get it every time!
- Good taste, good prices, small mealMsCasualTravelorDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day, partially due to the Father's Day gift card incentive. The flavor of the food did not disappoint. Nor did the price. Of course what made it reasonable in price is the small portion, except for the frittata. Appreciated them taking their strawberry app salad, making it entree size, and adding chicken breast. Yum!Special Features:
- MikeVIPDined on 6/15/2014Always has great food. Great service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTablefor2Dined on 6/13/2014Have been to Max Amore a few times before and been satisfied. Brought my husband for His birthday this time, and we were both disappointed with our meals. Scallops were fair and vegetables were tough and tasteless. Service was excellent and we were out in time to get to our theater performance.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayfoodieDined on 6/4/2014This was where our 16 year old grandson wanted to have his birthday meal, that says something.Special Features:
- Great meal!AnnaCDined on 6/1/2014Thanks for giving our parents a wonderful meal on their 60th Wedding Anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a Sunday afternoonbaronalDined on 5/25/2014I loved the outdoor seating on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and the service was terrific, but I just didn't enjoy my food selection. I usually love eating at Max Amore. However, I selected the Fritata from the brunch menu, and it was really just an omelet--there were no eally pretty and fresh vegetable in it and there was no crispness to it. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Max Amore never disappointsIEatSlowDined on 5/24/2014Our table was ready exactly at the reservation time; Michael, our server, was great. The wine list was good, however they were out of a couple things listed. We both had pasta dishes that were outstanding, seasoned to perfection. The cherry sunday for desert was the end of a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Max AmoreVinoVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our waiter, Mike, provided us with outstanding service. Mike recommended our entrees, which were excellent choices and prepared as requested. Desert was outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchfoodieDined on 5/24/2014We had a delightful experience at Max Amore as usual. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and this is the place we return to again and again. We are never disappointed.Special Features: