Mausam Indian Restaurant - Montclair
379 Bloomfield Ave.
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Mausam Indian Restaurant - Montclair
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mausamnj.com/
- Phone: (973) 744-0377
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome
- Catering: We are happy to offer our professional catering services anywhere in the Tri-State area, and will commit our utmost dedication to suiting your individual needs. Catering is available for Indian, Indo Chinese, Gujarati & Intercontinental cuisine and dishes.
A word from Mausam Indian Restaurant - Montclair
Welcome to Mausam Indian cuisine for all seasons. At Mausam, you will find a place to satisfy any spice level from zero(mild) to fiery hot and any food preference for Vegans, Jain, Vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. At Mausam, we use cholesterol free oil for all our cooking. Mausam fusion of Flavors satisfies any event. Come celebrate your next event at Mausam Banquets in Secaucus. Try out our Daily Lavishing Soup to Dessert Lunch Buffet - 12PM to 3 PMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mausam Indian Restaurant - Montclair reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014I was pleasantly surprised. The food was fresh and inviting, and every dish was tasteful and well prepared. I will most certainly return.Special Features:
- winedanddinedwinedanddinedVIPDined on 8/31/2014Amazing Indian food. This is the restaurant that converted my girlfriend and I to Indian food. The food and sauces at Mausam are quite unique and flavorful. They also have a very extensive menu. My favorites are the Malai Kabab, chicken Tika masala, chicken marango and chicken 65. I love the naan bread too. We go very often and would note that the chef/owner and entire staff are extremely pleasant, they really make you feel at home and are very attentive, very friendly and welcoming. Also, the decor inside is very nice as well and we like the overall ambiance, I would maybe just dim the lights a touch as it could also be a very romantic restaurant. The food is fresh and delicious. The chef really put his heart into the restaurant. 5 stars.Special Features:
- Great meal.JerseyKVIPDined on 8/26/2014We introduced my parents to Indian food here. Those of us who've loved Indian food for years and those who never had it before all loved their meals, sampling many dishes. Great service.Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Mausam Indian Restaurant - Montclair reviews archive.
- DisappointingFramboisVIPDined on 6/26/2014The host/server seemed disinterested from the moment we walked in. Food was okay but nothing to write home about. Won't be back.
- Authentic Indian foodLuvfoodDined on 6/15/2014Bottom line you must try this Indian restaurant! We had a large party and they didn't miss a beat! From the greeting to the exit staff was very kind & attentitive and food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjanetbVIPDined on 5/31/2014I love very spicy food, and this is honestly the first Indian restaurant where I met my match. They told me that the spice level of my dish was 11 on a scale of 10 (I told them I like very spicy food); next time I'll order just plain old spicy. Otherwise we really enjoyed the meal and the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- MilaDined on 4/19/2014Went here with another couple. Food was very good. Ambiance was nice. I hade the Malai kofta which i always get...so good.Just the right heat. Aloo paratha was a little greasy but still good. Naaan was yummy. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great findMillieVIPDined on 4/11/2014Two friends looking for a great Indian restaurant in Montclair and we found a perfect spot. Food was delicious, service was good and environment was conducive for conversation. We asked our server for recommendations for appetizers and she picked two terrific ones. Server was friendly and attentive but not overbearing. We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitKimSVIPDined on 3/29/2014We returned for our second visit and were very pleased. Excellent food!Special Features:
- Deliciously terrific!AjaxDined on 3/15/2014We had a lovely dinner and tried numerous dishes including lamb vindaloo and chicken tikka from the tandoori. The decor is warm and modern and the owner, Sam, is a terrific host. We will continue to both dine in and bring in as it's become a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to MausamKimSVIPDined on 2/22/2014Our experience at Mausam was excellent. The food was delicious, the servers were friendly and knowledgable and the pace of the meal was perfect. We will definitely return often. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls dinnerElizDined on 11/23/2013The place is very clean, nice atmosphere, not cluttered. We hit some traffic, called & they were nice enough to hold a table for us on a Saturday night. The entrees were prepared very well, tasted great & we even had some leftovers to take home. The restaurant has garlic chili naan which was excellent. You can tell they take pride in their food.Special Features:
- Mausam IS a Good FindLucaDined on 10/12/2013I met a friend for dinner here on a Saturday night. The food was really very good from garlic naan to Chicken Curry and Navratan Korma. I really enjoyed the meal, which we shared and the serving bowls went back empty. I would be happy to eat at Mausam again. Not fancy but fine.Special Features:
- Good Food, Pleasant AtmosphereAJRCDined on 8/17/2013The food was good, well prepared, ample portions, nicely spiced and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is pleasant and the service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013Went here after a day of hiking was extremely hungry and it was worth the visit. Food was well prepared and presented. Definitely will go back for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Indian - 5 Star ServiceDannytedDined on 5/18/2013Having been to the sister restaurant in Secaucus, we went with some Montclair friends to the one in their town. The food is authentic and delicious. Spicing is more moderate than the Secaucus location, which tends to have a more Indian clientele. Other than a bit of heat, nothing else is diminished in Montclair. The service is warm and friendly. All dishes are explained and preferences are explored. We were given a "comped' entree due to the kitchen being out of the dish that was originally ordered. It's BYOB, by the way. GIve it a try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian Restaurantilromano175VIPDined on 5/10/2013Finally a first class Indian restaurant managed by professional restaurant people for Montclair which has long lacked such a place. The ambience is pleasing, the young wait staff inexperienced but hustling and enthusiastic, anxious to please and the food nicely prepared and served albeit perhaps too spicey for the average American palate. A wonderful addition to the Montclair dining scene which should be on everyone's list of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.