Maui Fish and Pasta
2435 Kaanapali Parkway I-1
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Maui Fish and Pasta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mauifishandpasta.com/
- Phone: (808) 662-0668
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 8:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ivan Pahk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer outside catering for any special occassion
- Entertainment: Come & join us every saturday night for our late drink specials at the bar open till
- Public Transit: Yes we do have bus transportation available
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We are located in the Whaler's Village Ka'anapali Shopping Center where they do charge for parking but all diners that come & eat at Maui Fish & Pasta for either Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner & spend $30.00 or more we offer free validation
A word from Maui Fish and Pasta
Our latest addition to the DK Restaurant Group, featuring a new menu with fresh island fish, farm to table fare & home-made pastas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Maui Fish and Pasta - Best Restaurants in Kaanapali ›
Maui Fish and Pasta reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (28)great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (10)special occasion (10)romantic (8)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Great food and gorgeous view of Ocean and Whaler's village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon MealsAnniversayDinnerDined on 11/14/2014Amazing breakfast and dinner options!!! Beautiful view wherever you sit and they are accommodating, if you want something specific. Very friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of a disappointmentLocal2Dined on 10/27/2014We have eaten at this restaurant which has changed names and ownership many times over the years and it appears that although the name is still the same as it's been for a couple of years, the food is different than it was was a few months ago. We started our meal by sharing a spicy crispy tuna roll which was tasty although small. I told everyone that their Mahi Mahi is always good and saw on their menu that it had won an award earlier this years so everyone ordered it. It was not good at all. It was prepared completely different than I had had there in the past and was delivered to us cold. Our server verified the plate was even cold and promptly took them back to get heated. The taste was not good and parts of the fish was rubbery.Special Features:
- Service put us offIowaTravelerDined on 10/25/2014Great location. Interesting menu. Pasta was excellent. Not so sure about putting a lobster tail on top of mashed potatoes. Our server was painfully slow and incredibly inattentive to the basic requirements (we would have ordered dessert if it was offered). The 20 minute wait for a drink was also unacceptable. The price is reflective of the location. I would recommend any of the Hyatt dining options over this.Special Features:
- Great restaurantJohnnyDined on 10/24/2014We made reservations through Open Table (strongly recommend you make reservations). The food was excellent as well as the service. The open air dining was very nice also. And to top it all off, from the time we sat to the time we left was under an hour. We were highly satisfied. We recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014For a fish and pasta place the menu is very limited as to the amount of pasta dishes that are available. We had a shrimp pasta dish that was very good.
- Incredible!!SPEEDISKINGDined on 10/4/2014Hands down the best meal we had the entire week in Maui. Don't believe you won't pay for the privilege but it's vacation and spending too much $$ on food is one thing many of us do. We had the Catch of the Day and it was amazing. The in-house made pasta was wonderful and the fish was prepared, cooked and presented to perfection. I recommend anyone in the area to make it a point to have dinner there. You might save a little room and walk down the beach a few steps to Lailanies for a Hula-Pie. You won't be disappointed in either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014I wanted alfredo sauce. This is a pasta joint. This should be a no brainer. I wanted pasta INSTEAD OF POTATOS. The server says " it will be $20.00 extra" It is considered a side of pasta. We DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ABYTHING HERE". Instead of what I wanted to eat, I ate chicken and fettucine alfredo. By the way, the alfredo sucked! We asked to be seated away from screaming brats. Next table over - the brat from Elm street!Special Features:
- Enjoyed itMauinokaoiDined on 9/21/2014Nice location and view. Food was good however fish a little over cooked and slightly dry. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Foodjack101Dined on 9/21/2014Great sunset. Enjoyed porterhouse steak and Caesar salad. The house merlot was good and we split a house cheesecake type desert. The service was very good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Though more set back from the ocean than other nearby restaurants, Maui Fish and Pasta does afford an ocean view and great food. We enjoyed sharing the sushi Dragon roll, the delicious scallops, a lettuce wedge with generous blue cheese and a seven ounce lobster tail cooked to perfection. We were delighted with the best server, Chantrelle, who was cordial, efficient and helpful. It is a great place and not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scamming RestaurantLuv2CuttlefishVIPDined on 8/27/2014Only go here, if you like being deceived and scammed. The Marriott Ocean Club, a time share club located nearby, provides a restaurant discount card to owners staying at the time share indicating that "All food is 10% off " at Maui Fish And Pasta. We've used this card at many other local restaurants participating in this promotion with Marriott. Upon receiving our check, the waitress informed me that the discount didn't apply to 95% of the items on the menu. None of the Fresh Fish selections. I received a total discount of Seventy Cents on a $100 bill for two ! I plan to complain bitterly to Marriott tomorrow and suggest that Marriott takes this scamming, dishonest restaurant off their participating list of promotions and discounts.
- Good casual restaurant in KaanapalistanDined on 8/21/2014We took our parents and nephew there for a casual dinner. The food was very good, and, for the area, reasonably priced. The service was very good. It's a casual restaurant, so don't expect fancy decor, but I recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great food, but...swim1965Dined on 8/12/2014We were eager to try a new place in Maui--the location is terrific but we were disappointed with the service. It took almost 10 minutes to even be acknowledged in any way after being seated. They were out of one of the 2 Chardonnay choices and didn't offer an alternative; it took an extreme amount of time to receive our entrees. Thankfully we ordered appetizers which arrived promptly and were really good. Apparently the order wasn't received by the chef? It then took a great deal of time to get our check--There were just too many apologies without any offer to comp us anything. The food was good but there are many other choices in Maui with better service; $120 for dinner for 3 with only 1glass of wine and no dessert deserves that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/6/2014Nice place with good food right off the water and right next to the whalers museum/mall.
- Great location. Overpriced foodMauiVIPDined on 8/4/2014I understand a premium price for the location in Maui but the food should match. The pork chops were tough. The calamari were missing in action (only about 9 little guys on a big bed of filler lettuce), and the $20 pasta had the bare minimum of sauce (and disappointed my son who is never disappointed about dinner).Special Features:
- A solid go to...KevinVIPDined on 7/29/2014We like Maui Fish & Pasta. It is a nice go to when down in Whaler's Village. Good variety of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Usually easier to get into than other near-by restaurants and they take reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicebteam75Dined on 7/27/2014Although the meal was unequal. Overpriced pasta with meatballs matched the fish with pasta. The fish was tasty with sub-par alfredo. Spaghetti had very light sauce with not much flavor. The waitress was great, happy, and attentive 'Anika?' She made our experience very pleasurable. Would not visit again.Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Maui Fish and Pasta reviews archive.
- Great surprise...PacogreenDined on 7/23/2014It's great for dinning with a great view and delicious food; better onion soup ever...Special Features:
- Needs a better nameMaltvaterDined on 7/16/2014The only bad thing about this place is the name. Excellent food, service, location and view especially at sunset. We went 2 for breakfast as well.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014We went to Maui Fish and Pasta a couple of times during our week in Maui. The service was great, and staff was friendly. The food was consistently delicious.Special Features:
- Great view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is easy to walk to from many Kaanapali resorts. It has a great view and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleLucky1947VIPDined on 7/11/2014Service was bad from the beginning; they did not have my open table reservation; they charged 3 dollars for an extra piece of bread to go with clams; sushi was not anything to boast about. Calarmai was all bread; do not go there; a terrible experienceSpecial Features:
- Good for filling your tummyGoToMauiVIPDined on 7/10/2014We were there for breakfast-- service was awesome and friendly, and for dinner a few days later. Breakfast was good-- solid, like a good breakfast you'd have at home. Dinner was good-- I was surprised there was sushi on the menu. Had the Dragonfly and California Rolls and they were both good with my wedge salad. My husband and son had the spaghetti and meatballs and really liked it. Cocktails were spot on! For a solid meal, go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good locationSaulDined on 7/4/2014Excellent steak, pork chop, scallops and shrimp pasta. Delicious calamari and sushi rolls for appetizers. Located at the beach entry to Whaler's Village which is a popular area during the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to dine at sunsetPatmanDined on 7/2/2014Delicious food on the beach. Restaurant had nice mix of families & couples. Not too loud and not too quiet. Service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in a pinchKalenaDined on 6/29/2014Got the reservation on open table and didn't have a problem getting a reservation and the service was prompt and friendly! We decided to share the fried calamari, beet salad and fish duo which were good. It fit the bill for what we were looking for. And the view was beautiful as we had a table in the corner looking outSpecial Features:
- Great for dinner at sunsetmauiFanDined on 6/10/2014My wife and I invited friends to join us at Maui Fish and Pasta. All of us enjoyed the dinner very much. We liked the locally sourced food, the fresh fish, and the view out over the ocean at sunset.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Don't understand the Pasta in the name of the restaurant, not many pasta dishes and the ones on the menu are not very exciting. Sushi was great though.Special Features:
- Great foodSeahawks1fan4everDined on 5/15/2014We went here while visiting Maui for a birthday celebration. The small plates we started with tasted great but were super small. And our server recommended the sourdough bread but when wed ordered some said they were out already. Really? At 600? Entrees were nicely sized and dessert was pretty good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseTahoetravelerDined on 5/14/2014First time here. Swordfish was excellent. Somewhat noisy. Not fancy. Just good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSFGrammyof4Dined on 5/11/2014The Maui Fish & Pasta was a pleasant surprise. We were seated on time. Great menu of the day. Each of us (6) had a different fish and preparation and everyone was very satisfied with their meal. Little bit of lag time between salads and main course although we weren't in a big rush but the 2 & 5 year old had to go out and play while we waited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous home made pastaStoneyDined on 5/6/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary in Maui and found this gem!Special Features:
- Great FoodLoveAtFirstBiteDined on 5/5/2014Went for dinner one night...back for breakfast the next day and then back for dinner at the bar the following night!! Can't say enough good things about this place. The food was very consistent and the menu is full of great choices! We were in Maui for 5 days and we had breakfast here three times and dinner twice. I highly recommend the Boom-Boom Roll!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location.HRH1Dined on 4/22/2014Location on Ka'anapali Beach is perfect. Close to many hotels and easy to walk to. Ambience and food were good, service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our newest favorite Maui restaurantHBfoodieVIPDined on 4/9/2014Located in Whaler's Village the decor is open and airy and the food delicious. Chef Ivan Pahk prides himself on using local grown produce and island fresh fish. There are an excellent variety of starter plates to share. The Flash Fried Brussel Sprouts topped with a fried egg was unique and delicious as was the Beet Salad with a variety of fresh vegetables. Our entrees of fresh pan seared Monchong on a bed of house made pasta and the White Shrimp served on a bed of Ricotta Ravioli were equally delicious. Our server Alex was warm and friendly and provided excellent service. Reservations are recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great!WindsorbroncoDined on 4/4/2014Typical tourist place. It's called Fish & Pasta, but there were only two pasta dishes. I expected variety, mix and match, and everything that comes with a good pasta place!!! Beer list was all bottled except domestics, so no local brews on draft. Overall, kinda lame.Special Features:
- Average restaurantGlennkDined on 4/4/2014Food was very slow to come. Then fish was overcooked and luke warm at best. Service was very not very good. Plenty of other places to eat for the same price. Homemade pasta was the only good part. I wouldn't go there again.
- A very good dinner!DeanVIPDined on 4/2/2014Set within Whaler's Village in Ka'anapali resort area, the Maui Fish And Pasta Restaurant provides an interesting menu and good wine list. The wedge salad was an excellent starter and the main courses - my wife had the fish of the day and I the Pan Roasted Jumbo White Shrimp. The view was amazing. We booked for 6:30 and had the absolute best view of the sunset! Our server was friendly and helpful - recommended a beautiful Zinfandel and re-corked it for us to finish back in our room. My only disappointment was for a restaurant named Fish and Pasta there was a distinct lack of pasta options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewstratcatDined on 4/1/2014First time here and pleasantly surprised as we've never been that impressed with the restaurants at whalers village. The sushi was good and the fish was simple, but good. Can't beat the view if you can get there for sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.