Maudes liquor bar
840 W Randolph
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Maudes liquor bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maudesliquorbar.com/
- Phone: (312) 243-9712
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 4:45-2am Saturday 5:45-2am Kitchen is open until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Pikus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Maudes liquor bar
Rustic Parisian bar serving classic french food and hand crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maudes liquor bar reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (169)romantic (114)special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (86)hot spot (84)vibrant bar scene (55)good for groups (33)late-night find (30)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/22/2014We had a great time at Maude's recently. Our waiter was so nice and recommended a bunch of dishes to share and they were all really good. This is definitely a fantastic spot for the food, drinks and overall atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!Dgbrown52VIPDined on 11/22/2014Our first time at Maude's but it won't be our last! The food was OUTSTANDING! Love the fact that dishes were large enough to share and they encourage this. We sampled one each of the oyster selections...all four were delicious and the presentation was great. The lyonnaise salad was outstanding and more than enough for two, as was the cassoulet...delicious...and the blackened brussel sprouts. For dessert...the chocolate mousse!! Great service from reception and wait staff! All around wonderful experience. My ONLY criticisms...it's a little hard to find driving down Randolph due to poor signage and the $12 valet parking fee is excessive since other West Loop restaurants offer complimentary valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent with the reviewsgoodfoodDined on 11/19/2014I booked Maude's because of the reviews -- it met every expectation and we had a nice evening out. We liked the beer list and the tartare. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funSgr1VIPDined on 11/14/2014We've eater here many times. Always a great meal. Love their corkage policy Chocolate mousse is a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatChifrogVIPDined on 11/11/2014We continue to recommend this place and it never disappoints. The upstairs is beautiful, the food is truly fit for foodies. I have no idea how long they cook that chicken but it melts in your mouth. We had a hostess that was a little less gracious than normal but another stepped in to save the day. Service is always wonderful. Wish you would expand and/or change up the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What took me so long?! 5 stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014I've heard several friends rave about their experience here, but by the sound of the name I thought it was more of a bar than a restaurant, but my gf and I randomly picked this place based on the good ratings and its proximity to the United Center and we were very impressed. The cocktail list is filled with your standard classy assortment but there's also a list of fun and creative cocktails that we both enjoyed. The food was outstanding. Oyster appetizer, a mix of west and east coast, were excellent. The Classic Lyonnaise salad was a fantastic standout! And the ricotta gnocchi was amazing!Special Features:
- One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/9/2014I'll admit I haven't had all the food options, but the cocktails are outstanding. If it's not working for you just ask the bartender to whip something up to his liking and chances are you'll be pleasantly surprised. The dark wooded, leathered-out decor upstairs is second to none. Should be a destination for anyone in Chicago on the cocktail circuit.Special Features:
- Could have been perfectdineoutDined on 11/8/2014We were greeted by very cordial staff and even tho we were late they seated us at the table of our choice. We started with oysters which were fresh and delicious. We moved on to the chicken and salmon, brussels sprouts and smashed potatoes. We had to ask for bread and then were served with a warm small baguette. The only negative was our server who was not in the least bit friendly. The oysters were served on a 'tower' and we couldn't even see them so when we asked if they could be placed on the table between us instead he was put out and haughty!! The other problem was that dishes were taken from the table before we were finished eating and we had to ask for them to be put back so we could finish what was on the plate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambience and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014It is a really good restaurant to go with your friends, or even in a date.Special Features:
- One word...AmazingVLynnVIPDined on 11/3/2014I've heard this place was good, but they were wrong...it's great. I went on my birthday with the intention of getting only a glass of bubbly and a creme brûlée. However, a hectic day left me starving, but no worries I had reservations! The outside of Maude's is pretty plain, but the inside is quite quaint. The food, oh the food! Everything surpassed expectations. Even something as common as chicken blew me away. The French Onion Fondue (it's not what you think, but you will be pleasantly surprised) is a must and if you have room (it will be hard), save room for dessert. I highly recommend Maudes and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceonefmattDined on 10/31/2014Brought my folks for a different dining experience. It is a bit dark, but adds to the decorum and helps if you have a table nearby to not feel so crowded. It was pretty slow when we arrived due to Halloween, but was welcomed. The seafood appetizers we had were fantastic and everyone really enjoyed their food. The French twist on the entrees created a unique experience for my folks. The mixed drinks were very tasty and allowed the alcohol to take the forefront without being overly boozy or hot. I would suggest this for anyone out of town, and certainly for a special occasion. It would even be fun to just enjoy cocktails and then get dinner elsewhere, but you might be missing out on some fine cuisine here.Special Features:
- small, intimate and hoppingprettybabiesDined on 10/30/2014One of my favorites that I will always come back to. Small booths, dimly lit, amazing food, lots of great looking people, definitely worth it. Love the menu, the wine list and the ambiance. Great spot, not to be missed.Special Features:
- excellent service and top qualityfoodexplorerDined on 10/30/2014I ate with two of my friends and the hostess was kind enough to seat us upstairs at the couch and chair set up in the dining room. We were late for our reservation but that didn't stop the wait staffs attentiveness and quality of cuisine. Excellent. Bone marrow, gnocchi and steak all top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetodineVIPDined on 10/26/2014The food was delicious, the ambiance was lovely and fun. We loved everything we ordered and ate far too much. Th bread and desserts are to die for.Special Features:
- A Big Surprise!micjDined on 10/25/2014Looking at the online menu, I expected pretty average french bistro items. I was very surprised by the quality and seriousness given everything from cocktails to the meal items. The raw oysters were simply outstanding, a rare variety that is harvested once every 7 years in icy cold norther waters. I could have eaten a dozen of them. The cassoulet was simply the best, most flavorful, I have ever had (and I've tried a few, including making my own). The beans were cooked perfectly, duck confit stunning, garlic sausage juicy and flavorful. Finally it had a crunchy breadcrumb top that was perfect. My wife got mussels, they were really small but as she found out, they were very high quality. Bigger is not always better! A don't miss place to eat.Special Features:
- Just amazing.Thegoodgirl8Dined on 10/25/2014You can tell that everyone at Maude's take great pride in their service and food. It was wonderfully curated from the decor to the menu. The food was fantastic and the cocktails divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bekindDined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious (ricotta gnocchi and salmon) and wait staff was attentive without being bothersome. They graciously accomodated our need to be finished in an hour because of opera tickets. Ambiance was cozy; perhaps a bit too dark for those not there on a date. Desserts were large enough portions to share.Special Features:
- Chic that won't break the bankyooperprofDined on 10/24/2014Maudes Liquor Bar is a classic bar restaurant in the trendy West Loop restaurant row district. It's a two level place - downstairs is mostly a "shabby chic" bar with limited seating, upstairs a moderately dark dining room which sits comfortably in the middle of the elegant/casual spectrum. (I mean that it is suitable both for people are going out afterward to the opera, or to their neighborhood sports bar.) Reasonably priced, with a middle-of-the-road menu heavy on the seafood selections - oysters, crab, salmon, etc. Interesting, well-mixed cocktails, somewhat limited wine selection, though. The Salmon tartare was outstanding. The mussels and the country terrine were good, too.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/22/2014Excellent food, great cocktails. One of my very favorite dining placing in the west loop and the service is great. Highly recommend the market chickenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe, cocktails, foodMeaghanVIPDined on 10/22/2014Went for a couple cocktails and small plates with a few friends - ordered the Brussels sprouts (buttery and amazing), soft cheese with baguette and frites with aioli (can never go wrong). Food was great, good scene and GREAT cocktails.Special Features:
- Always a great food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014I can't say anything bad about this tasty place. I have eaten there 5 times and it's so great. Definitely more of a fall/winter place. Cozy and warm. Maudes Steak is on my top..Special Features:
- Loved it!scscDined on 10/21/2014Very cute inside! Wonderful service! Amazing food and drinks! Not one thing went wrong, loved the timing of everything. Waiter was attentive but not overly attentive. The restaurant was crowded but not wall to wall. Beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most unique interiors ever!YummyDined on 10/19/2014Cutest restaurant ever!Limited menu for vegetarian items. Super salty on all three entrees at the table as well as the sides. Go easier on the salt!! Just a pinch off from ruining the entrees. Love to see the cabinet of curiosities grow more interesting!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Drinks and AppsH20skier66Dined on 10/18/2014Second time at Maudes, enjoyed apps and drinks much more than the full dinner offering. Came later in the evening on Saturday (10pm) and the place was still packed/fun.Special Features:
- DinnerSkpatel628Dined on 10/16/2014We loved this place for its service, great food and ambience for a simple night out for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food was so good. It was a cousin and I spending time catching up. A bottle of wine to start that was perfect.. The food came and we were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible, quality dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The food is top-notch, prepared to perfection, and presented in very generous portions!!! Very highly recommended!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent Place to eat! My wife and I loved it. I can't wait to go there again.Special Features:
- Much more than just liquorkimballandbeanDined on 10/5/2014I always worry about places with cute names that seem to be designed around a theme, but Maude's really delivers. Cool, dark ambiance with attention to detail from the correct height tables at cushy banquetts to perfectly clean and thoughtfully outfitted bathrooms. Talented and informative bartenders already preside over an amazing drink menu, but have no trouble creating something perfect on the fly. We sat in the cozier upstairs dining room and shared salad Lyonaisse, roasted bone marrow and perfectly pan fried salmon with fried capers and brown butter. We cut the richness with surprisingly good glasses of the $5 house red - yes, I said $5 house red (actually have a $5 house white too). Attentive staff from start to finish. Thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!ShazzaDined on 10/5/2014We really enjoyed. It was very cozy and romantic. Great lighting and decor. The server was super nice and the food and drinks were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and coolMichaelSDined on 10/3/2014...but not over the top. The kid of place you like to go because the food is great and the vibe is just cool enough to enjoy yourself. Two different experiences, main level versus upstairs, I prefer up because a bit darker and more casual. Ribeye steak is amazing!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an amazing place with awesome food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014I love Maudes for their drinks and food. People are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner spot!AnnieDined on 10/2/2014Highly recommend Maude's - we were lucky to get a corner table with a huge leather couch and a fantastic server. I came with two rather foodie guests from out of town, and we were all blown away by everything we tasted. From the cheese, to the escargot and the steak, we found nothing to complain about. The risotto special was our absolute favorite - highly recommend taking direction from your server. I will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- delicious and richbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great mashed potatoes. Gnocchi good and cheesy. Choc mousse yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres magnifique!mamatubsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Try the cassoulet! They have a limited number nightly so get there early. It's well worth it. The foie gras pate is also quite excellent. The service has always been incredible. The servers are very knowledgeable about the menu. Very cool, fun place!Special Features:
- Bgm2VIPDined on 9/25/2014Good and service was great but ambiance was the best part of it all. Food was a little heavy for my taste but deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious "Bargain" FindCNoteDined on 9/24/2014This is probably our favorite of the Hogsalt restaurants in Chicago, and generally the most accessible, by virtue of the ability to actually book a table on a day's notice. Dark, romantic ambiance, and well-spaced tables make for easy conversation with your significant other (or someone else's, if that's your thing). Excellent ingredients, preparation, and presentation, high-quality cocktails, and professional, polite service. The only downside has been the somewhat stagnant beer list - good quality, but very little turnover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LJMMVIPDined on 9/23/2014High quality food, but a limited range of options.
- Off nightSgr1VIPDined on 9/23/2014Food was good but service awful. We've been here many times, but this time the service was so disjointed. Perhaps the kitchen was having a bad night, but the waiter didn't do anything to mitigate the situation. He seemed oblivious to the lack of service
- Would come back for the MusselsFoodmamaDined on 9/21/2014Came to this restaurant with my husband for a date night during a trip to Chicago. It was recommended by locals so had high expectations. The ambience and food overall was good but service needs improving. Server was attentive at first felt like she forgot about us-- forgot one side dish and told her we would like to cancel but still brought it at end of meal even though we didn't eat. Bread served hot and delicious to dip in yummy mussel sauce. Braised lentils very good, frites could have been hotter and better. Chicken cooked perfectly but a little on the salty side. Definitely try mussels and Sunday nights has live jazz guitar which was pleasant to have in the background.Special Features: