9 E. 31st ST
La Grange Park, IL 60526Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mattonerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7083527588
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Jason Korinek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mattone can meet and exceed your catering expectations handling parties from 10 to 1000. Ask about our Black Tie service!
- Private Party Facilities: Mattone offers Private Dining of parties up to 140 people. Packages start at 12 dollars per person.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Jason Korinek 7083527588
A word from Mattone
Mattone Restaurant and Bar will gain its popularity over the years as a place where patrons come to enjoy food and beverages of the finest quality, served with hospitality and good spirits. Come see what everyone is talking about!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mattone - Best Restaurants in La Grange ›
Mattone reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014I have been to Mattone many times, most recently on 10/10/14. The food and service are always great! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRJS6675Dined on 10/4/2014We have been to Mattones several times and was only disappointed once. We tried the pizza - which was very good - but I like the crust thin and 'crispy' and they don't offer it that way - so we stick with the entrees and always have a great meal. We love the Chicken Mattone and the Summer Gnocchi. The Chicken Mattones takes awhile - but worth the wait. Also, the servers have been very friendly and accommodating. This restaurant is definitely on our 'be back' list. R&JSpecial Features:
- love it!MeaganDined on 9/27/2014We love eating here as the waitress remembers us and offers suggestions. So much detail in the food and the specials are delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTwo4DinnerDined on 9/23/2014Always great food and great service. Visited this time with out of town guest and everyone was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeDogs34meDined on 9/22/2014Everytime we go to Mattone, the wait staff goes out of their way to serve. Never had a bad experience there. The chef even made a special request for me. LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Great food selectionsRMRNDined on 9/17/2014Second time returning. Still impressed. Crispy chicken is excellent. The pork dish was delicious. It was dim lit and quiet. Perfwt way to celebrate our anniversary. They even surprised is with a tiramisu for dessert. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkieVIPDined on 9/16/2014This was our first time at Mattone's. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. We started with the appetizer of the night: proscuitto with tomatoes and burrata. Delicious! I had the chicken saltimbocca. It was not rolled in the traditional way, but was tasty. Far too much to eat at one sitting. My husband had the tilapia and he said it was delicious. Our friends had the salmon and the pork chop. They ate every bit of them. We will most likely add this restaurant to ones we drop in on frequently.Special Features:
- EJL1VIPDined on 9/5/2014A local favorite for sure. Lots of returning diners. The staff is friendly, efficient, and attentive. They know their customers and make you feel welcome and they are happy to see you come back.Special Features:
- JamieDined on 8/15/2014My husband & I love Italian food & wanted to find a different restaurant to try in our area. I googled "best Italian restaurants -Western Suburbs. Mattone's came up as one of them on the list. After reading all the spectacular reviews and going over the menu, I was SO EXCITED to try this for dinner. I only hoped my expectations were not too high and to my PLEASENT SURPRISE.....Mattones was EVERYTHING I had read about! We had a GREAT SERVER, John, and the food was OUTSTANDING!! I had the special Wild Mushroom Risotto which was FABULOUS!! My husband had a Lemon Chicken dish, also amazing!! We spilt the Mattone chopped salad. BEST Salad and dressing we have ever had! Can't wait to go back and try more on their wonderful menu!! BRAVO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendsILAZWIDinersVIPDined on 8/14/2014enjoyable evening good food friendly waitress good time was had by our friends we invited to dine w us for the eveningSpecial Features:
- very nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014A nice surprise to have found this hidden gem. The staff was efficient and friendly and the menu was not overwhelming b I think offered a nice selection of appetizers and entrees. Food prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Dogs34meDined on 8/1/2014Excellent is enough to describe out evening at Mattone. A group of friends who hadn't seen each other for over a year went to dinner there. The wait staff was incredibly respectful of that. Allowed us our time to catch up and chat, and didn't think twice about the almost 4 hours we were there for dinner. Most places now want to turn the tables quickly. Not Mattone. They gave us the time we wanted, and let us order slowly - and enjoy our dinner with our company. The food was (as always) out of the world. Our friends who hadn't been there before raved about it. LOVE IT - Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/7/2014We really enjoyed a quiet dinner on a Monday night at 5 PM. It was getting busier after 6 PM. The plank salmon was excellent! Thanks...
- The following 138 reviews are from the Mattone reviews archive.
- You HAVE to try MattonejogipsVIPDined on 6/21/2014We've driven past this restaurant almost daily for months, yet hadn't considered trying it. It's not much to look at from the outside, but once you're in and see the wood oven front-and-center, you know you're in for something special. Their pizzas are by far the best in the area and rival that of many urban wood oven pizza restaurants. We've been so in love with the pizza (margherita and spinach/eggg, to be exact), that we only recently tried other dishes such as the gnocchi and fish special. Also excellent. Francesca's was our go-to place for solid Italian food, but now Mattone has moved to the top of the list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014Always yummy. The crispy chicken has a delicious lemon sauce and the portion is largeSpecial Features:
- The three of usQuizmasterFoodieDined on 6/20/2014My son from California joined my wife and I and we had a great meal. I enjoyed as much as ever my favorite meal there, Risotto Salysccia and my wife had her fave, Eggplant Parmesan. My visiting son had a meal he never had before Pork Saltimbocca and he thought it was great. He mentioned how their menu was loaded with items you might not normally find. It was a great and satisfying time for the three of usSpecial Features:
- MehBobLoblawVIPDined on 6/15/2014Selected Mattone (which means "brick") based on great reviews on Opentable. Came away disappointed. Seafood tasted previously frozen. Calamari in seafood linguini was tough and rubbery and linguini was undersauced. Pizza was decent. Crispy chicken stuffed with risotto was fine, but there was very little risotto -- which didn't seem much like risotto. Service was attentive, though perhaps a bit unsophisticated. Owner was very friendly, so I actually feel bad leaving middling review.
- Great foodRaeRaeDined on 6/7/2014Went on a Sat. night 6:30pm. Had a drink at the bar before dinner and the bartender Becca was friendly and had a lot of good food recommendations. We sat down at our table shortly after and ordered the white brick oven pizza and the stuffed mushrooms. OMG both were awesome. The bread they give you at the table was delish too. I got the risotto with sausage, spinach, tomatoes and cheese and it was great. My husband got the cpispy stuffed chicken and it was fantastic. The portions were large and we were happy we went with all of Becca's recommendations. I went up to the bar and thanked her afterwards. Our waitress at the table was a little slow honestly, I think i would have preferred to just sit at the bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!MeatballManDined on 6/1/2014Great food and service with enough variety to please everyone!Special Features:
- Always a Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014We have been to Mattone several times and every time it is a perfect evening! We have taken several friends and every single one has been back on their own. I have so many favorite dishes it's hard to choose just one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014We had a large group of 10 people and we ordered pizzas. The pizza was very good and the service was also very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisey!CollDined on 5/9/2014Our second time at Mattones on a Friday night at 9:00 pm. It was crowded when we got there, lots of families, it was a nice "quiet". Once the customers left the bus boys were setting up tables on the opposite side of the room for possibly a function for Saturday and they were the nosiest bunch of boys I had ever heard! They were literally throwing utensils and chairs around in a hurry to set up. My friend and I were still eating our soup and salad and the pleasure of listening to the noise throughout the rest of the dining experience. Food is great, the waitresses are awesome, but please, Mattones, have your staff set tables in a quiet manner, or better yet, wait until the remaining patrons leave the restaurant. It was very annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter dinnerkkappsDined on 4/20/2014My family and I celebrate celebrated Easter dinner here, (this is the second time we have) the service is always great, food is always fresh and wonderful and a most pleasant dining experience. We also celebrate New Years dinner here and my girlfriends and I also come for weeknight dinners too, great place for some good food and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticedmc2VIPDined on 3/28/2014Food and service were both superb. Crystal or server was very attentive and gave us great recommendations. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood ItalianFranckoDined on 3/22/2014First time to this restaurant. Menu choices were fewer than most Italian restaurants, including the lack of veal entrees. Grilled calamari appetizer was excellent, very tender. I did not care for the wood fire grilled pizza. The crust was thick and the sauce was sweet. also, there was not much sauce or other ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time.PurpleladyDined on 3/13/2014We were there for a birthday celebration. The shrimp special was devine and would love to see it on the menu permanently. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014The skirt steak is to die for. Always. Pasta is fabulous, salads excellent, and my kids love the bread and honey-cinnamon-butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitorMichaelDined on 2/15/2014We have friends from when we lived in the city. Now we live in the boonies. We have needed a midpoint for years. Last Saturday we found it. Good food. Decent prices. We had great service.. And best of al... Cinnamon Butter:)Special Features:
- Wonderful and wariming experienceAnnaDined on 2/14/2014The Server was very friendly and kind. The service we received was great. The food was fantastic. It was our first time here and I will go back again to visit. We had an amazing time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatPCbbqDined on 2/14/2014The food was good, but not outstanding. The ambiance is lacking especially since we went there on Valentine's Day. I randomly selected this restaurant via online roulette two days before Valentine's Day. The online reviews were good, so I decided to give it a shot. The service was prompt and friendly and we enjoyed the food, but we do not get that many nights out alone with small kids at home and we were looking for something a little more refined. The bread served with the salad and the meal was very fresh, as was the salad. The house dressing was decent, but I would not order it again. The timing of the waitress was good allowing us to finish each course prior to bringing out the next. No draft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantJohnnyFonzasoDined on 2/14/2014In general, a very nice place for dinner. Not a fancy place, but good food, with attentive and friendly service.
- Food was fantastic! Serviceedmc2VIPDined on 1/18/2014Food was fantastic! Service was excellent! Highly recommend Mattone.Special Features:
- Great MealMeaganDined on 1/17/2014We ate at Mattone's and had the Pork Chop Special and also the Duck Confeit pizza. Everything was amazing and we will be back!Special Features:
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014Everytime we've been at Mattone the food is perfect! Hard to try the specials because we have our menu favorites!Special Features:
- New Year's Eve DinnerWilhelmDined on 12/31/2013We had a party of 12 for New Year's Eve and we had a great time. The service was attentive and the food was great. Everyone enjoyed the appetizers and their meal options. We did not feel rushed to leave and enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All I can say is WOWJpk1978VIPDined on 12/19/2013The night started off great and ended even better. We sat right next to the wood fired oven and right away the Chef came over and started talking to us. He walked us over the menu and eventually he ended up ordering the whole meal for us. He picked out a bottle of wine to go with our meal. It was the first time in my life that I could taste everything in the wine and the food that the Chef was talking about. The food was amazing. Everything was cooked perfectly. Dessert came and we had the donuts. Wow!!! It was a great experience to have a meal that was picked out by the Chef!Special Features:
- PERFECTMARTIDined on 12/13/2013Menu was great, enough variety not excessive in choices. Food presentation was nice. Temperature of food excellent. Waitress friendly and helpful. There seemed to be no rush in getting two ladies in and out. We appreciated this since it was a reunion of sorts. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- We have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/12/2013We have been here many times and food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian, relaxed settingLocalsDined on 11/16/2013Don't let a full parking lot deter you (you will likely still get a seat) from enjoying upscale Italian food, sandwiches served on bread made on the premises, wood fired oven pizza, served in a casual and artfully done modern Italian setting. Staff is very attentive and service is very friendly. We will be returning often to this local restaurant and recommending to friends, family, and neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleMj81Dined on 9/28/2013The service was poor, the waitress was not friendly, did not check up on us, did not ask us if we were here before , food was mediocre to say the least, calamari was good but the four main courses that we ordered everything was bad too salty sauce for linguini, fish was fried and was very dry, orriechiette pasta not cooked to al dente. Also the atmosphere was poor, no ambience, will definitely not come back