Matteo's Ristorante Italiano
40 North 9th Street
Noblesville, IN 46060Neighborhood:
Fishers / Noblesville
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Matteo's Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matteosindy.com/
- Phone: (317) 774-9771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matteo DiRossa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private upstairs room seats up to 65 people. Bar available upstairs. Perfect for parties, meetings & small weddings.
- Private Party Contact: Emily DiRosa 3177749771
A word from Matteo's Ristorante Italiano
Matteo's is THE authentic Italian restaurant in Indianapolis. Voted one of the top 25 restaurants in Indianapolis for the 4th year in a row. Matteo's is a wonderful dining experience, perfect for business or pleasure, and famous for stuffed meats, homemade bread & delicious pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Matteo's Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Fishers / Noblesville ›
Matteo's Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)romantic (48)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (23)good for groups (23)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Service was very slow. Gnocchi served room temp.CiceroDined on 11/15/2014Would rate a "C" at best. Our guests order was served with red sauce, when white was ordered. Waited 40 minutes on a a table that was reserved.
- First time visit but for sure won't be our lastfreedon2VIPDined on 11/14/2014This place is amazing. TRUE AUTHENTIC ITALIAN. The only challenge was our server. He did an incredible job serving us and was constantly pampering us but he was fresh from Italy and we had difficulty asking questions and understanding the specials. The chicken lasagna was AMAZING! My girlfriend had a fettuccine dish with chicken and other items that was to die for. Their homemade bread is awesome. Our frustration is that we each live only ten minutes away yet we just found this place. It will now be a regular stop for us as we eat out all the time. This by far is the best Italian food in Indianapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly very goodIndygreg71Dined on 11/8/2014This is a nice neighborhood gem- inside it feels like it could be in a bigger town or city. I think they miss the look of a big city old building feel a little, not do not completely miss the mark. Food was very good - service was excellent. Our only issue, and it is not insignificant, was the speed of service. From order to food on our table was 5 minutes. Just way too fast. It was very hot and fresh - no worries that it was sitting around. If a couple comes in and orders a carafe of wine, they do not want their food in 5 minutes. I had lasagna that was very good - slightly overcooked kept it from being excellent. The sausage was very tasty. My wife had penne pasta of some sort. Also very goodSpecial Features:
- A rare find:Authentic Italian in INwildcherieDined on 11/8/2014See my entire review by emailing me! Now in its 10th year Matteo's has placed Noblesville, IN on the epicurean map. In a state populated by few 1st & 2nd generation Americans, authentic ethnic restaurants, particularly European are uncommon. A relative newcomer to the US, Matteo DiRosa is from a family of chef-restaurateurs with fine eateries of their own dotting the Indianapolis landscape. His establishment is a successful marriage of local color & international flavor. Menu items are creative variations on old world family recipes or contemporary originals. Everything is house made, from the secret recipe-seasoned olive oil to the Limoncello. The waitstaff is as professional as you can get, aptly describing numerous specials eachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will not be disappointed!SwandoDined on 11/7/2014Located on the quaint city square of Noblesville lies one of our favorite midwest Italian Bistros, Matteo's Ristorante Italiano ranks right up there with Charlie Gitto's in St. Louis minus the goon bas. lol. Our last dining experience was the first I can recall that our party of four all opted for the nightly specials. We weren't disappointed. Alcoholic drinks can be pricey but each are made with care and expertise. We traveled 2.5 hours to dine at Matteo's so consider yourself lucky if you live close by.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We decided to try Matteos after recently moving to the area. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Our waitress was phenomenal. Recommended several items including wine. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian just like Momma madelab1456Dined on 11/5/2014Had the sausage lasagna, which was to die for. Generous helping and perfectly seasoned. The Centine red blend wine is a sure bet with most pasta dishes as wellSpecial Features:
- GbcoachDined on 11/2/2014AS always, fantastic food and service. Matteo's makes special occasions great and memorable.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Outstanding wine and Italian Cusine. Penne Norte was delicious. Good wine list and service was impeccable. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Delicious as usualBNbookgirlDined on 11/1/2014Been here several times. Always tasty. Love the bread and dipping oil. Nice, sudued atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and One of a KindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was great...and very fresh. Our server didn't miss a beat and got every request and special instruction correct the first time. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!JamarshallDined on 10/25/2014Everything was great. Ford, service, atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Emalie was our waitress and she was superb. When we return we will request a table with her.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Absolutely a wonderful experience great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014I have been to Matteo's many time. Good is always outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Meal with FriendskimdelongVIPDined on 10/20/2014We met friends for dinner and had a great experience. Ryan, our server, was very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Special DinnerItaliantreasureDined on 10/20/2014Our first visit to Matteo's was to celebrate a birthday. The service was excellent and the food even better. The chicken with pasta in a white sauce was outstanding and the veal were outstanding. Desserts weren't bad either. A definite recommend.Special Features:
- A delicious lunchdonworVIPDined on 10/20/2014A friend and I enjoyed an excellent lunch at Matteo's. The fresh bread in good olive oil was a good start. The menu had so many great choices, but we both settled on the pollo quattro formaggio. This very tender chicken breast, served with a rich cheese sauce over rice pilaf, was really delicious. It was a perfect lunch portion and very reasonably priced - a true bargain, in fact. The coffee was excellent, and we lingered far too long. But no one hurried us out, although the lunch hour was really over. The manager explained that our server had just come from Italy and was learning the system. The young man was very gracious and trying his best with limited English. I can't wait to come back for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Special neighborhood treasure with creative use of ingredients to produce classic Italian favorites with new twists. My wife's favorite restaurant. The staff helped make her birthday a very special occasion. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bradentonVIPDined on 10/11/2014Only fine dining available in Noblesville. Always had a great experience here.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRCJCDined on 10/6/2014Our 1st visit was for our anniversary and our guest and us were impressed with the service and entrees. We all liked it so much we booked our Christmas dinner there. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner/ExperienceCardsfanfromoutoftownDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful food, they were out of a few items but we were told immediately!Special Features:
- Service lackingDempsVIPDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was quite busy on a Saturday evening and our server was swamped. Even so, no one was waiting for a table, the tables seated after us were served bread before us (server said that bread was sill in the oven), and the wine that one of our guests ordered was not available (server tried to convince her that Pinot Noir was the same as Malbec - really?). Even so, we will return to give them another chance as the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations?? maybe too hignSicilianguyDined on 9/19/2014I had heard such rave reviews and recommendations of this place, but... I was not particularly impressed. Service was very good: our waiter was a young guy who took care to recite the evenings specials and recommend anchovies on the Caesar salad. It arrived timely, with hot bread and olive oil...but perhaps there was just too many anchovies hiding in my soggy salad for my taste. I ordered the POLLO QUATTRO FORMAGGIO and my lovely date ordered the VITELLO PICCATA. While we both thought the entre was good, still we both felt the meal lacked the proper seasoning, generally finding the meal was.....well, Flat....not real Italian....worth a second visit for sure....maybe it was just a off night in the kitchen...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME experienceluv2experiencefoodDined on 9/13/2014Our server Tad was super and the food was delish! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindABC519Dined on 9/13/2014We are new to the area and were looking for an Italian restaurant to try. Matteo's was recommended. Checked them out online and made reservations. One of the best meals out we've had in a long time. Truly a gem!Special Features:
- A great place to celebrateDrMickDined on 8/30/2014After our first visit to Matteo's, we came away very satisfied with both the food and the experience. The wait staff was wonderful - not only knowledgeable, but also very personable. The decor was tastefully done and the entire atmosphere was a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matteo's is the Real DealMarkDined on 8/24/2014No imitation Italian here. Matteo's serves delicious, authentic Italian fare. This is our second visit to this establishment and like the first time, we were not disappointed in anything. Both the service and food were outstanding. The Tiramisu was a great finishing touch and is highly recommended. We are already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantTommyDined on 8/22/2014Cant believe we never found it before! What a wonderful evening my wife and I had! We are really looking forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sundays not the best night to goBellaDined on 8/10/2014Every Sunday we have gone it has been crowded and we have had to wait for 45 mins. one Sunday and last Sunday we waited over a half hour before our server came to our table to get our drink order. The servers.........have to make the drinks. In the future I will call ahead and see if they have a bartender working that evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible italian cuisineMemaw45Dined on 8/7/2014Meals were served with excellent timing. Crusty bread that was hot! We both had the specials (rigatoni and fish). We took half of the portions home. Great flavors, not your chain flavors. Easy booking with open table.Special Features:
- Excellent food!RandajaDined on 8/5/2014We have been here several times and never had a bad experience. The food is fresh and delicious and there's something for everyone. The calamari was amazing and so good. The pasta was delicious and very flavorful. Love this place!Special Features:
- Favorite Italian FooddeliziosoDined on 8/2/2014Matteo's is absolutely amazing! By far my favorite Italian food. There is nothing else like it around the Indianapolis area (at least not that I have heard of or found). I go there as much as the budget will allow but would definitely recommend this place to anyone. The service is always great, with a few hiccups but that is to be expected, but it is barely noticed as it is made up for with the amazing food and great wine list! Everyone is polite and they are very accommodating. We buy the Groupons whenever they have them as well, just another reason to get in there and eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placeKyleDined on 8/2/2014Great service and good food. Nice little place right on the square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Anniversary eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014One of our favorite spots to visit. Even though it is a little ways it is by far worth it. Outstanding service, very attentive. We always enjoy the calamari, very nice portion and the caesar salad is the best. Or course their complementary oil and homemade bread are to die for. Just the right spices and flavor. A couple of glasses of wine to top the evening off. We did not have an entrée this night as this amount we had filled us up nicely. If one would like to sit outside, their restaurant is right on the eastside of the square in downtown Noblesville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrouponpregameVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have eaten here several times but were not impressed this time. There were a lot of families with small children. They were out of the specials by 7 and this was a Monday night. It took forever to get any serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodnobpcrDined on 7/28/2014Service was a bit slow this trip. Usually don't experience this but I think with it being last week of their Groupon offer, they were busier than expected. Waiter forgot a salad and charged for anchovies on Caesar salad after telling us they were out of anchovies. Also, $3.50 split charge for a salad seems extreme. Food was very good, large portions and atmosphere was great as always.Special Features:
- Not Capri......TrixieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Went here on a Sunday night. The room was very authentic and unique. We typically go to Capri but thought we would give Matteos a try since we live closer to it. The waitress was very average, a bit slow, and not particularly knowledgeable. Our expectations were that we were somewhere comparable to Capri but that was absolutely not the case. I told my friend who lives in Noblesville about our experience. Her response was "Well, it is good for Noblesville". That was the perfect response. If I had gone in with that expectation, I would have been pleased.
- Really good Italian foodDisneyLuvDined on 7/27/2014Great place to go for a quite night out without the kids. Excellent food. warm bread while you wait and very knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- First date nightKathDined on 7/26/2014We booked a table for six. Two couples who were married and one couple meeting for the first time. Our waiter was very accommodating and helpful as we picked out wine and needed more information. His name was Cosmos. He heard us talk about one of us having a birthday and brought out Panna Cotta dessert after we finished dinner for the birthday girl. The salmon was mouth watering and juicy. The portions were large. Hot and delicious! It was rather full with most tables taken which made it hard for the new couple to hear each other. But honestly I think they would go back when it was just the two of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.