Matteo's of Roslyn
88 Mineola Ave.
Roslyn, NY 11577Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Matteo's of Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.matteosristorante.com/restaurant_roslyn.asp
- Phone: 5164840555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Martarana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Impress your guests by letting Matteo's cater your next party. Our catering packages include all of our delicious cuisine offered in half trays or full trays.
- Private Party Facilities: The new chic decor of Matteo's is the perfect backdrop for any corporate or social event. Let us host your next event with our various menu packages served family-style- the way we've been doing it for 25 years.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Ho 5164840555x
A word from Matteo's of Roslyn
Matteos combines the delicious Italian family-style tradition with a modern, chic ristorante. Our updated menu features the classics that you know and love with our new trattoria menu. Italian comfort food is our specialty and we go out of the way to make every guest feel right at home in our newly renovated restaurant. With over 25 years of tradition we can promise you the best food, service and experience out there.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Matteo's of Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- PamBVIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is great just for dinner or special occasions. The food is always great. It's a great restaurant for large groups too! Love coming here and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeGrkchic18Dined on 8/16/2014The food and service were very good. The decor is great. It was my first time there and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new Matteo'sSharDined on 8/3/2014A new look makes for a new dining experience. Delicious Dinner! Love the Shrimp Luciano & Chicken Marsala however expected more shrimp - waiter should have informed us Full Order not enough for 4 to share. Waiter seemed as if it was his first day not very knowledgeable about the wine, entrees or how to guide our ordering and no bus service to support him - had to ask several times for bread and water and never refilled - service was antithesis of food - but beautiful new atmosphere fabulous food and oh so convenient living in townSpecial Features:
- Excellent upgradeDiningwithkidsDined on 7/31/2014The revamped restaurant has a great look & feel. In addition, the food is as superb as ever. Only qualm is that they didn't accept my coupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently goodPennyyVIPDined on 7/16/2014I go to Matteo's in Roslyn ( I live in Wesrchester) and In Florida.. I will travel to eat there. it's a great meeting spot. The food is always wonderful.Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodDined on 7/3/2014Surprised and impressed by the tasteful renovation. The beautiful bar is a great place to meet people for drinks and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New LookOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/5/2014Went to Matteo's last night after not dining there for over a year. When I walked in I didn't even recognize the place....it's absolutely beautiful in there now and I will definitely be back. I dined by the bar and the bartender Sue was incredible, so helpful and just a pleasure to be around. Of course the food was just as fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good- needs practice thoughArgoldsteDined on 5/31/2014Good food- pretty place - service was ok- need practice but should get betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old new Matteo'sElyseVIPDined on 5/18/2014We've been coming to this restaurant for years. After it changed ownership, the crowd changed (for the better) but the food and service remained true. Newly renovated, it's even better than before. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in a chic settingGreekgddssDined on 5/15/2014Our waiter was fantastic, attentive without being overbearing. The decor is beautiful. The food was great, though the NY strip was a bit chewy. The risotto, corn avocado salad, burrata, calamari and Bronzino were all delicious. Their truffle fries were simply addictive. Overall a very yummy meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, snotty atmosphereYummyVIPDined on 5/11/2014I would have liked to have given this place a higher rating as I thought the food was delicious and our waitress was very nice, however the hostess was pretty snotty and came over to tell us that our their next reservation for our table was over 2 hours later! Maybe some people take very long to eat, but we do not and were out of there well before the next seating. I was annoyed that she even came over to tell us that as soon as we sat down. We were about 15 minutes late due to traffic, but still there was plenty of time for us to eat and enjoy our meal without being told that we would have to leave in over 2 hours.Special Features:
- greatgreatfoodDined on 5/11/2014Mothers day is always a nightmare when you eat out. Not at Matteo's. they had wait staff for every table. Food brought out quickly by more than one person. I think there were more workers than diners. food was delicious. staff was fabulous. Place was immaculate. they even clean their menus. you want french fries for the kids - you get them. very helpful with the kids food. best mothers day out at a restaurant. will definitely go back. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Matteo's of Roslyn reviews archive.
- ExcellentpsoaresDined on 4/23/2014Matteo's in Roslyn has done a beautiful makeover. the décor is fresh, crisp and very inviting. We had the pleasure to meet the Executive Chef Anthony, who treated us to a delicious creamy Buffalo mozzarella, and tuna tartar. it was excellent! I ordered the sesame crusted tuna over a mixture of vegetables with a light soy, just delicious. my children ordered a chicken Matteo's on the bone, the chicken was moist, busting with flavor. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal, the waiter, the ambience. Kudo's to the new owners, chef, manager Giuseppe, and staff well worth to re-visit the new Matteo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014It was just okay. Chopped salad too much vinager . Eggplant parm cut too thick and not crispy. Service was terrific.Special Features:
- Would not return.MLOODined on 4/13/2014Service was rushed and pushy. Wines by the glass was encouraged even when asked for the list of bottled wines, I guess it's more lucrative. Dishes were removed before fork hit the table. I should add that the restaurant was only about half full. The only reason for the three stars is that the food was good, not great, just good. Manager embarrassed the waiter in front of us......not a good dining experience and we are used to fine dining as well as casual. We have eaten in the Huntington restaurant and had a much better experience.
- This location recently didjeffvDined on 4/12/2014This location recently did a complete renovation. The service staff was inexperienced and need more guidance. The bar had problems with simple cocktails like Bloody Mary and Vodka Collins. While the service was not perfect the food was good. After the kinks are worked out I'm sure the service will improve.
- Never a disappointmentLongIslabdDinersDined on 4/4/2014Great place to go with a group. Can get a bit noisy but the new decor, good food and service will never disappoint! Upscale crowd. Ttook a while for bartenders to acknowledge us and bar was pretty empty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's backF8sboyzDined on 3/29/2014The new Matteo's is as nice as any NYC restaurant. They take reservations! And they sat us within minutes of our reservation. The food? We were given the option of a "trattoria menu" or off menu with Matteo's specialities. Of course we knew what to order. Unfortunately, the food was just "ok". The chopped salad-not a Matteo's salad. Although we ordered without dressing it was seasoned. Not chopped enough. The zucchini linguini -too wide, sauce was definately not Chris's meat sauce. Shrimp Wendy? Soggy stringbeans. Not burnt like we are accustomed to. Overall, we"ll return. Maybe they should be a new restaurant, rather then be something it's not...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful new look and great foodmarciagirlVIPDined on 3/16/2014great night... food relish and place just beautiful-new decorationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerKrisDined on 3/14/2014Excellent food and very attentive service. Unfortunately had to wait for table even though we had a reservationSpecial Features:
- The new decor only added toCaroleVIPDined on 2/27/2014The new decor only added to the overall food experience! Food was delicious. Christina and all of her staff checked in on us and even brought us a new menu addition to try! Loved the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New LookBTHSDined on 2/15/2014Since my last visit, the entire restaurant was entirely transformed into a chic new venue. Great new look, Same great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing experience.Harryc27VIPDined on 2/8/2014disappointing experience. To our surprise the restaurant is being renovated, which was not on the open table site.I did not enjoy the paint smell which was apparent. Our server was not good at all. we sat for just a bit and then the waiter came and said would we like to order drinks.Yes, but what about a drink menu? The waiter returned to say they didn't have the brand scotch and no Baileys but, would go to the liquor store for some. We waited. some time later he said sorry no Baileys. still waiting for my ice and oh yes more bread. we asked three times. When our waiter served our food I asked him to drain off the oil since it was all over my eggplant. He poured it off back into the pasta dish. Ugh! we will not be going back!
- Not the Matteo's I'm used to!Cq33Dined on 2/1/2014I would not recommend going to this restaurant. The salad was bitter, the Shrimp Oreganata was soggy and tasteless, the chicken Marsala was tough and the rice was stiff and watery. On a good note...the waiter and busboy were very nice and attentive and the Valet guys were great!!! They had a great sense of humor!
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2014Once again we had delicious food at Matteos in Roslyn. They make you feel like family. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- should have been advised thatshenDined on 1/31/2014should have been advised that restaurant is under construction , hazardous conditions should have not been open for business while under construction ! not a safe enviroment
- 9 Person birthday dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/18/20149 Person birthday dinner, everything EXCELLENT! Highly recommend.
- WonderfulMaryVIPDined on 12/28/2013A nice red-sauce kind of Italian restaurant, but very well done. Portions are huge, menu is huge, specials are great -- you'll have no trouble finding what you want at Matteo's. Service is outstanding: whenever a server sees that you need something, he's there to help, whether or not he's actually your server. They truly anticipate your every need without hovering. Matteo's can be a bit noisy, possibly because it's very group-friendly, but on the other hand this is not the place to go for a quiet, intimate meal. It's a big friendly Italian restaurant with a great menu and outstanding service. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I wasn't sure what to expect dining out on Christmas day....we usually have dinner at home, but decided to try eating out this year. Matteo's was an excellent choice. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was warm and friendly and the service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely go back to this restaurant for a holiday or any day. My family and I had a very enjoyable Christmas dinner experience.Special Features:
- Good job!AnitaVIPDined on 12/25/2013Matteo's was opened for Christmas. They had our table ready upon arrival. Lots of staff, very attentive, good service, witty waiter (Alex). Place was packed, but the food was great. Delicious bolognese sauce and a melt in your mouth skirt steak. Not the most attractive space, but the wait staff elevated the ambiance. Would definitely recommend and I'm coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xmas DaySKaufDined on 12/25/2013Our family had our holiday meal there, and the entire experience was fantastic!Special Features:
- PerfectionGaryDined on 12/20/2013Had the best baked clams ever. Seafood risotto was fantastic. The ricotta cheese cake was perfect - moist and tasted so great I wanted to keep eating but was too full. At least six different wait staff made sure we were treated as though we were alone but the restaurant was fully booked. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, relaxed dining,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2013Comfortable, relaxed dining, excellent food and top notch service.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2013Restaurant has some great authentic Italian food with a very friendly and polite staff would definatly recommend and we frequent this restaurant. Has some of the best raviolis in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisapointsDenbowDined on 9/21/2013Once again the food and service were excellent at this family style restaurant. For 7PM - Saturday night to walk in to a ready table means a lot and though the house was full you never feel rushed. Viva La Matteo's.Special Features:
- Great dinner night!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2013We visited Matteo's with a group of 11, including 6 kids. The food was delicious, and the waiting staff attentive, cordial, and very friendly. We had been there previously, and had some doubts as the restaurant has changed management. Fortunately, the new owners do not disappoint! Matteo's continues to be a great neighborhood spot, a true family restaurant with lots of great food served fast, and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Good, service wasmsg2dineDined on 9/7/2013Food was Good, service was Good, disappointment with the portion of the Veal Marsala dish, full of mushrooms and only 3 little pieces of veal ( full order) what is in a half order??? Waiter claims full order was enough two people no way? Pasta was very good and 1/2 order was more than enough for two people. Need to inform customer the size of the portions. Will give it a try again.Special Features:
- our favorite new placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2013great with 2 people or 20. excellent service and food.Special Features:
- We had received a gift cardBellaDined on 7/7/2013We had received a gift card from friends and we were very pleased with both the service and our dinner. Thanks for an enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationPugglesVIPDined on 5/25/2013It was my Mom's 80ish Birthday and Mateteo made my Mom feel very specail!! The food was so delicious. The waiter was wonderul. And the Men singing Happy Birthday was unbelievable. I would go back next year to celebrate her birthday at Matteo's again!!Special Features: