Matteo's of Orlando
5350 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Matteo's of Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matteosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4073454747
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner Sunday through Thursday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm & Friday through Saturday from 5:00pm to 11:00pm As of March 5th, 2012: Open for Lunch at 11:00am Daily (Monday through Sunday)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Matteo’s offers large party take-out, as well as, on & off premise catering for any size event. Allow us to indulge you and your guests with family style Italian cuisine at almost any event location. Our event manager, Genevieve Jahn, will take the best care of your every need. If you like, we’ll take care of every detail including food, bar, staff, rentals, etc.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether in search for a state of the art conference room from 12 to 350 guests, an intimate setting for a baby shower, bridal shower or family event. Our award winning Kitchen & Wait Staff will make you feel right at home.
- Private Party Contact: Genevieve Jahn 4072899332
- Special Events: Private and Semi-Private Dining Rooms are available for Dinners, Business Meetings or Receptions. Seating from 1 to 314 guests. • Central Park Room: A fully enclosed private room with square and round tables perfect for providing an Italian family style atmosphere to special social gatherings. This hospitable room seats up to 45 guests. • Broadway Room: The second of Matteo’s fully enclosed private rooms with all square tables is ideal for business meetings and presentations. This multi-functional room seats up to 45 guests. • Matteo’s Family Style Italian Dining Hall: Our main dining area is available for semi-private events and complete restaurant buyouts. The entire venue accommodates up to 314 guests.
A word from Matteo's of Orlando
Matteos bring's a taste of Italy right here at home. The Sorrentino & Sbarro families from New York have been serving delicious platters of Italian comfort food for the past 25 years, and continue to do so at all of their nine landmark locations from New York to Florida. Eating dinner at Matteos is always an event whether with that special someone, the family or everyone you know.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Matteo's of Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Italian food. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2012Great Italian food. The service was out of this world and the manager had a wonderful personality.
- What a wonderful surprise!MerceDined on 5/15/2012What a wonderful surprise! We went up to Orlando at the last minute and found this restaurant and it was beyond our expectations. The food, calamari, portabella mushroom ravioli with an exquisite sauce, exceptional wine. Only item not so great was the cannoli but there were other wonderful looking desserts. I would recommend this restaurant in a heartbeat and would like to go to their other locations.Special Features:
- Great food every time we godmajorzDined on 5/13/2012Great food every time we go and our waiter Chris is one of the best waiters in Central Florida...we go about once a week now and its incredible every single time we visit!!!Special Features:
- Meal was a little slow pacedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012Meal was a little slow paced but that was the only negative. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- First trip to Matteo's withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2012First trip to Matteo's with clients. I was looking for good food without an over the top price tag. I have to say the food was outstanding! All fresh and made to order Italian. I was disappointed that the steak selection was minimal, but the quality of the food served made up for it. Other than the food, there is not much to say about the restaurant. It was packed on a Wed night (mostly locals I'm guessing). The bar service was terrible and the selection of beer and wine was minimal. Definitely not a place to go for drinks. Our waiter was pleasant and funny, but the service was a bit slow to start. Once the food arrived we were well taken care of. If you are going for lunch or are just in for a hearty meal, then Matteo's is greatSpecial Features:
- We had a waiter that oversoldTkapVIPDined on 4/18/2012We had a waiter that oversold us. Without asking us, he increaed the number of orders we received. The amount of food we received made the meal feel unappitizing. With a complaint, the manager removed all the excess from the bill and gave the leftovers, which would have fed 8 people, to his staff. Management really stepped up. We than them for that.
- Would go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012I had never been there before and frankly never heard of it as I don't go to the tourist section of I-drive too much, but was pleasantly surprised at the food, the service, the atmosphere. It's a neat place in that you can dress as-up or not as you want. We were there with pre-prom night girls in their dresses, but I didn't feel odd being in more casual clothes myself. (They were able to put us in a corner table!) You don't have to dress up, but if you do you will feel its appropriate in this place. The "family" portions were quite huge and while they say they are for two people, they are big enough for at least three and even four if you have small kids.Special Features:
- Our 2nd time eating here,MingCourtluversVIPDined on 4/14/2012Our 2nd time eating here, and it was as great as the first time! Everything from the service to the food was fantastic. Even as they became busier and busier, the service was very attentive to the earlier diners. We tried the family size veal dish and there was so much we made another meal from the leftovers!Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012We had a great experience at Matteo s .We have tried to go to Matteo's of Huntington. But had not got there yet But the wait was worth it .The food and the staff were superbSpecial Features:
- If you are an Italian lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2012If you are an Italian looking for the right place to eat out, this is definitely the place. I look forward to going back and trying some other great Italian dishes.Special Features:
- Business dinner. We enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2012Business dinner. We enjoyed the food and service quite a bit more than expected. Pastas and chicken both tasty and properly cooked.Special Features:
- The restaurant has great ambiance,GRfoodieDined on 4/1/2012The restaurant has great ambiance, great service, great wine list, and a great looking menu full of home-made Italian dishes served individually or family style. We tried both - a couple individual meals and one family style. While the food wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. Everything was fresh and served hot but it just lacked character. Not sure if it was lack of spices or flavor combinations or what it was but it simply fell a bit flat. Too bad, it has a lot going for it.Special Features:
- The Chicken Valdostana wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/1/2012The Chicken Valdostana was *amazing*. The appetizers were okay, nothing special (stuffed mushrooms and bruschetta). The desserts were pretty good (cannoli and chocolate cake). The floor manager gave my friend a coupon for a free dessert in a future visit, as well, for finishing off a huge piece of chocolate cake himself. Overall a nice evening. The price was a little higher than the quality, but the Chicken Valdostana made up for it.Special Features:
- Truly authentic New York styleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/25/2012Truly authentic New York style familly Italian. We are transplanted New Yorkers. This was the first restaurant that took us home to real Italian home cooking with robust flavors. The Arrabiata sauce for the calamari was three thumbs up!Special Features:
- This is a GREAT place forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2012This is a GREAT place for lunch especially. They have only just recently opened for lunch, but have had excellent dinner service for a long time. The food is excellent and reasonably priced for a restaurant of this quality. The staff are friendly and attentive. Currently reservations are not needed, but when the word gets out that they are open for lunch it chould become a pretty busy place. After having several lunches there with customers, it is definitely a great for a business lunch. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing find!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012The best discovery of our entire stay in Orlando! The definition of a "hidden gem". We'll remember it always and look forward to returning. Must get for dessert - their homemade Napolean!! Mmmm... Great place for couples and families as well!Special Features:
- OMG, wonderful in every way!!MingCourtluversVIPDined on 3/17/2012Our 1st visit and we were completely thrilled. I guess we weren't expecting much in a tourist area to start with. Be prepared to eat fresh made, humongous family style portions and to leave with leftovers! The meatballs are so large, I ate only 1/2 of one of the 2 on my dish, the sausage was very tasty, hard to find the right flavor balance, but Matteo's was perfect. Hubby had the Fruti Di Mare, seafood medley in white clam sauce his choice,he is a pain to please, but even commented on how fresh the seafood was. Appetizers, wonderful, get the Casino Clams and desserts, exquisite!! Nicholas, our server, made the meal even better with great service, although he was slammed with customers. All work together & are very attentive, WE'LL BE BACK!Special Features:
- We were looking for good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/12/2012We were looking for good quality Italian food in a low stress environment and definitely lucked out with this find. Service was amazing, the food was well prepared and very fresh. Next time we are in Orlando this is a must stop.
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2012The food was good, but the service was super!!!! Sure will go backSpecial Features:
- We were greeted by a wonderfullyMikeDined on 3/3/2012We were greeted by a wonderfully friendly hostess. We arrived a bit early for our reservation but she went out of her way to be sure that we were seated.. That's where it all ended! The servers work in a team. Unfortunately, there was little or no communication between them. The end result was that my order was never entered and the other two people in our party were nearly finished their meal before my meal came! My husband waitted for an unacceptable amount of time for a second glass of wine. The food was okay, but definitely not worth the aggravation . Sadly, we probably won't go back to Matteo's. For our inconvenience, they took 2 glasses of wine off the bill. On a positive note, I had the very best Lemoncello Martini!
- How special we were made toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2012How special we were made to feel. Since we had requested a booth or window and they were not offered we were seated in our own private room! How special is that?! we were never forgotten even though not in the main dining area. Often checked on by wait staff and host. The food was very good. The presentation as well. We would highly recommend this wonderful restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Worst restaurant i been to!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Worst restaurant i been to! I live in orlando and i wanted to go to a italian restaurant besides olive garden and those popular. So i went to matteos for valentines and it was the worst! First we got to the place we sit down and the server took like 25 min to ask us what drinks we want! Second it took him like 15 min to get the drinks! Third we order and it took 50 min to get our food and when we got the food it was bad the chicken parmegiana i had was horrible the sauge taste like water. Oh and my friend order a plate and the server comes back and tell him they didnt have it so he order something else and the server comes back agaiiiinnn and tell him they didnt have that one too so he end up getting something he diidnt want. Baaaaadddddddd
- Food presentation excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Food presentation excellent and cooked to perfect taste since I always order well-done and some places overcooked them.Service can improve but I realized that it was Valentines Day so I let that pass and I will return again definitely.Special Features:
- Been to better but wouldntOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Been to better but wouldnt go out of my way to go back.Special Features:
- Go to Maggianos instead!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Not very impressed with this place... We had multiple waiters throught our 3 person dining experience... Three of them to be exact, none of them seemed to be engaged in our needs. They took to long to bring our meal, and brought our bread (the first item they are supposed to bring), after we had finished eating... They were super slow we were in the restaurant for almost 3 hours, we felt like leaving without paying... (even that took about 18 minutes...) Will never come back to this place!!!!
- Service was lacking, not enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2012Service was lacking, not enough servers for restuarant, food was good but, took forever to get. We ate what was suppose to be family style, but it was not, we were given two platters as we ordered no more, definitely not worth the price.
- Went with a group, lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2012Went with a group, looking for authentic italian food and Matteo's hit the mark! Very nice, the group was impressed. Dined in the back room, shared the room with a table of italian speaking patrons. Love to see italian speaking people in an Italian restaurant!Special Features:
- Hands down one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2012Hands down one of the best restraunts around central florida for food!Special Features:
- Not to be missed!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/15/2012Incredibly good food at this out-of-the-way spot. Prices and service were as good as the food. Only complaint was that the dishes take a little while longer than expected to be prepared - but taste so good that they're worth the wait. Was thrilled to find they have sister locations in NY.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my meal andShawnaDined on 1/14/2012I really enjoyed my meal and the management there but our server was not the best. I felt like the managment was compensating for our absentee waiter. Overall it was a great meal, cute atmosphere, and staff in general were very friendly. The one manager even went to buy batteries for the train so my 3 yr old could enjoy it!Special Features:
- solid food and traditionalRBEASVIPDined on 1/14/2012solid food and traditional italian feeling, but the place is getting a little tired and dated.
- Best Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2011One of the best Italian restaurants that I have eaten at by far. You want real Italian, then Matteo's is the place to be at. You feel like family when your there and the service and food is always amazing. The best fettuccini Alfredo tht I have ever eaten. Everythings made from scratch. This was my second time goin back and I'll keep goin back :))Special Features:
- Good food, constantly changing MGTOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/31/2011Gave Matteos another go for NYE. I was feeling lousy all week & wasn't really sure if anything was even going to be appeal to my skewed taste buds. Happy to report it did. Service was good, but there was an overload of MGT. Everywhere. All over the place to the point where the wait staff was uneasy. Changes have clearly been made & a new MGR will be put in place soon, I suppose. Still great food & still no outdoor patio. Hopefully, Matteos will find it's footprint here & manage properly so they can relax, because they have good food, but peripatetic ambiance.
- This is my second experienceOccDocDined on 12/31/2011This is my second experience at Matteo's. We dined on New Years Eve and waited over an hour for our food to arrive after it was ordered. It seemed to me that they must have had temporary staff or something. We sat in view of the kitchen and it seemed a bit disorganized. The portions can be ordered individual or "large" but a third option size was offered by our waiter. Make sure you know what you are ordering as the size ordered did not match the price on the menu for a few items. This is much worse of an experience than I had three years ago.
- Dont eat here!!! They didOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2011Dont eat here!!! They did not honor open table reservation and it appears any other reservation. We arrived at 7:15 for a 7:15 reservation. The host and manager greeted us and acknowledged our reservation. However they didn't seat us and basically just went about there business. There were several other groups waiting. We overheard many of them say they had been waiting for over 30 min. After 15 min of waiting we again asked the host about our table and this time he said they were setting it up. 15 min later we asked again and he acted as if he had never seen us. He said the table was almost ready. Well 15 min after that (45 min total) we decided to leave. When we told the host he just sort of shrugged as it this normal. Awful place.
- In this Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011In this Italian restaurant the experience in whole is better than the sum of its parts. The food is tasty and the atmosphere amusing. Dinning alone or with friends I found my experience pleasant especially when the service is spot on, engaging and just plain old funSpecial Features:
- food was excellent; servicefoodieVIPDined on 12/23/2011food was excellent; service was prompt; honored reservations in a timely manner; we added shrimp to two pasta meals and they charged us two additional charges for full meals without telling us until i saw the bill. the supervisor made a small adjustment to the bill after i brought it to his attention which i appreciated, but it was still a significant additional expense had we known ahead of time, we may not have done it.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious.thefoxsaysVIPDined on 12/10/2011Everything was delicious. The fried calamari excellent and the burnt vegetables (broccoli and green beans) outstanding. Our kiddos to the chefSpecial Features:
- Food was good, but nothingTheChristmasGrinchDined on 11/24/2011Food was good, but nothing that we had was particularly noteworthy.Special Features:
- Our waiter was slightly overbearingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2011Our waiter was slightly overbearing. He was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, but a bit too eager to push his opinions on us. It didn't salt the meal at all, but led to us avoiding questions to a certain extent. I appreciated the enthusiasm and his effort (other restaraunts should take note), but it was just a bit much. Thanks for a great meal!