Matteo's of Huntington
300 West Jericho Tpke.
Huntington, NY 11746Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Matteo's of Huntington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matteosristorante.com/
- Phone: 6314216001
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5PM - 10PM
Friday & Saturday 5PM - 11PM
Sunday 3PM - 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer take out for any size event. Tell us your plans and we will take the best care of your every need. If you like us to pamper you covering the smallest details we supply staff, the food, bar, rentals, etc.
A word from Matteo's of Huntington
Matteo's brings a taste of Italy right here at home. Our families from New York have been serving delicious platters of Italian comfort food for the past 25 years, and continue to do so with our landmark locations from New York to Florida. Eating dinner at Matteo's… is always an event whether with that special someone, the family or everyone you know.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Matteo's of Huntington reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Closed!!UpperEastSideGirlVIPDined on 7/2/2014We booked for a 48th Anniversary Dinner. They took our reservation on Open Table and gave is credit for showing up which is strange because there was no one at the restaurant when we got there AND the door was open. We went inside and there were no tables or chairs in the place. It was definitely closed. Went to La Parma II instead. It was right down the street. La Parma was fantastic - a real celebration saver!
- NancyDined on 6/14/2014The food was as great as I had remembered it from years ago! Wonderful!Special Features:
- The following 89 reviews are from the Matteo's of Huntington reviews archive.
- Saturday dinnerDawn1120Dined on 4/12/2014We chose to take our friends for dinner because we know to expect consistent quality food. We have a few menu favorites and can generally count on good food. This past experience was a little less than stellar because the place was extremely noisy but we were there prime time on a Saturday night; to be expected. The restaurant was very busy so our table service was slow. Service was lacking on several levels but I attribute it to the crowd. My dining check was also incorrect but that was quickly corrected. I'll go back, I always do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedNettieVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was average, ran out of mushrooms, really?? On a Saturday night. Artichoke dry, veal scaloppine was just grilled veal?? Felt a little rushed by staff and pressured to order full portions of everything. Went because I had gift card, don't think I'll b back.
- Great Place for dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014Went there on several occasions, mostly for Mother's Day, Birthdays Food was great, service was excellent, waiters most attentive. Portions of food fantastic! Order a Full order and it's enough for 2 ppl and plenty to take home besides! a must to visit!Special Features:
- Great foodBabsDined on 3/1/2014We loved the food which is why we went to Matteo's. We went to the one in Huntington and was a little disappointed that the table that we were sitting at was a folding card table and therefore; very low. In the Mattoes in Bellmore, I had never encountered that. It was a little disappointing and embarrassing in front of the guests we brought there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Experience!!TS31Dined on 3/1/2014I would definitely go back and would recommend to friends! The wait staff was excellent! Food Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SabotageEZ2PleezDined on 2/8/2014I went here on a Saturday night with my 12 year old son. It took 15 mins to get water and then another 15 to get bread which I didn't want , diet sabotage . The waiter did not take our order for another 10 minutes and the appetizer wasn't served for 20 mins.I ate bread Then dinner came and they don't have portions for one. So my son had a $19 half order of pasta and ate 25% of it. It's not worth it for two people to eat there. It was so loud my son and I had to scream to be heard. Not even the waiter could hear me give him my order. Then to top off the roar they were playing loud dance music for all the diners. I spent $72 on one of the worst dining experiences I can remember.Special Features:
- So-So Experiencebeatlegirl53Dined on 2/1/2014Mediocre food served family style. Much better Italian restaurants in our area.Special Features:
- DisappointingPrincetondinerDined on 12/30/2013Having not dined at Matteo's in quite some time, we were anticipating that the quality would be all that we remembered. It was a disappointment. The Veal Parmiagan was overcooked; the Penne with Vodka Sauce (one of our Matteo's favorites) was not up to their usual standard; and the Caesar Salad was bland. Although the portion sizes were typically large and the service was very attentive, overall the food was not as expected.Special Features:
- DisappointedbevleyDined on 12/27/2013Although the food was mediocre, the service was fair. We could not hear the waiter speak and we felt a little rushed. The restaurant certainly needs a facelift!! The decor is very dated( old ). The picture on the website does not reflect the Huntington location.
- We enjoyed out Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We enjoyed out Christmas Eve dinner at Matteo's. The food and the staff were very pleasant. I'm guessing the noise level was so loud because of the large group we were seated next to. I would definitely dine here again and hope for a quieter dinning experience the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas EvePattyDined on 12/24/2013My family and I had a lovely evening at Matteo's. The restaurant was very festive, the food was very good and we had an overall pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid Italian cookingJubeVIPDined on 12/15/2013Menu was traditional and very good. We were 10 (6 adults and 4 children from age 5-12). Waiter was very helpful in ordering the children separate meals in this family style restaurant. Plenty of food and service by waiters was professional and attentive. A really good place for a family dinner.Special Features:
- bravo!LauraDined on 12/7/2013Matteo's is a family favorite. We love the family-style atmosphere, wonderful service and delicious food. Cant wait to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pompous ManagementStellaDined on 12/6/2013food was good, huge portions with an even bigger price tag. Waiters/Staff were excellent. Unfortunately, management acts as of if this ghost town of a restaurant has lines of people waiting to get in. A Friday night at 7:30 consisted of 2 tables!!! Their arrogance handling a gift card issue tells the tale...Would not return if they were giving away food!
- Nice place, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013Went to Matteo's on a Friday night at 6 and place only had one other couple. Service was great, very attentive. Family-style Menu. Food was mediocre, but with good portions. I'll probably not return any time soon.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed this dinner!KathyDined on 10/19/2013The portions are large, but reasonably priced. It is a family style restaurant so the large portions are perfect for sharing. There is a large selection of items and the ones we chose were all tasty, even the bread is crispy and warm. The service was very friendly and efficient. The manager gave us a complimentary dessert of biscotti with cannoli cream, and it was one of the best desserts I have ever eaten. The room was nicely decorated for Halloween. We went because we received a gift card, and I look forward to returning, especially with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family StyleLocalGuyDined on 10/18/2013The service was great, but the food was tasteless. I also have to complain regarding a dozen of the smallest baked clams I've ever seen for $22. They were literally the size of a 1/2 dollar at best. I felt ripped off. I'm wondering if the ownership was changed because it was never like this.
- Pleantiful delicious foodPapaDined on 10/13/2013Pleantiful delicious food in a family style atmosphere. Wait staff and management continually paid attention to every detail. ASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience.24dinnerDined on 10/12/2013Everything about Matteo's was fabulous, from the food to the incredible service. We had a wonderful time and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what happened?nickDined on 9/18/2013I sent on a Wenesday night. It was pretty empty, but our waiter was non-existent. The maitre d' had to take our order. We had to flag down a different waiter to get our check after waiting 15 minutes from completion of the meal. The chicken parm was not tender at all. I don't know if it was overcooked or one of those pieces that has no meat on it, but it was not good. I'll write this off as a one time bad experience because I never had a bad experience before here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the food and the service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2013loved the food and the service. staff could not have been nicer! will go again.Special Features:
- ConsistentDawn1120Dined on 9/6/2013The family style portions are extremely large (even the half orders) so expect to bring home leftovers. The food is consistently good and the service is pretty reliable. It can be a little dark inside and sometimes a little cold so bring a sweater! This place is one of our "go to" restaraunts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY WIFE AND I TRULY LOVE THISBlueJDined on 9/1/2013MY WIFE AND I TRULY LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. THE FOOD IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN GOOD. THE SERVICE HAS ALSO ALWAYS BEEN BETTER THAN GOOD. LI would recommend this to a friend.
- TornOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2013I'm torn when I think about my first experience at Matteo's in Huntington. The service was outstanding...amazing hostess knew the menu inside and out, wasn't afraid to make suggestions and was the star of the show. The young wait staff were polite and friendly and couldn't do enough. The food was good...not outstanding. The white clam sauce was delicious. So why am I torn? The musty smell, out of date decor and worn down furniture screams help. When we were seated we were put in a room that was mostly windows and there was a leak somewhere as you could smell the wet carpet.. Amazing service, good food but the building needs help. The smell almost made us leave before we were seated. Time for a face lift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fooddoctoochDined on 6/8/2013We were two couples that order family style. We had the chopped salad and mozzarella sticks. The salad was excellent. For dinner we shared spaghetti with meatballs and sausage, chicken parmigiana, and shrimp over spinach. All great. We had the Zeppoli's for dessert. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complainates very thingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013No complainates very thing was good. Good service,food,waiters very friendly.Special Features:
- Food not real good but good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013Disappointed with the food. We found it to be very bland. Luckily your service was good which made up for it a bit but we will not return.
- This was the second time weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013This was the second time we were there and the food is excellent, and so was service, a little noisy, but that is to be expected. Will certainly come back.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTING BIRTHDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013I was disappointed they let us over order and we left with a huge shopping bag of food. Also when I made a special request with open table to have a candle in celebration of my husband's birthday, it was completely ignored.
- Try It - You Will LIke itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2013The food was delicious; the staff was friendly; the service was great. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- The noise level was extremelyPhylDined on 3/9/2013The noise level was extremely high. The service was excellent but the food mediocre.Special Features:
- Don't GogoodfdDined on 2/23/2013The noise at this restaurant was so overwhelming it completely overshadowed the food. We went with friends and we all sat silently because it was too noisy to talk. There were a lot of big groups and parties. The food was good but we will never be back. The waiters tried to be attentive but there was too much going on- one dish came out from the kitchen warm and we sent it back to be reheated. That took awhile. My friend got broccoli rather than broccoli rabe with his pasta because the waiter simply couldn't hear him. Overall, a terrible, terrible place to go for a nice dinner.
- Family-style fun - come hungrygabrijVIPDined on 2/14/2013Matteo's provides an excellent experience for those craving Italian for a large group. Lots of choices - lots of food - and all very good.Special Features:
- Our favorite Italian restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Our favorite Italian restaurant. Food is outstanding.Special Features:
- I've been here before andwhatagemVIPDined on 2/2/2013I've been here before and in the past it was an enjoyable to an OK experience but last night was the worst I've experienced.....My wife and I were entertaining another couple celebrating their birthdays.....the service was terrible....the food was barely edible and there seemed to be absolutely no-one in charge of service of any kind.....We were embarrased for ourselves and our guests......I don't think I'll be back for a long time if ever again.
- In the past, we always foundWHB53VIPDined on 1/26/2013In the past, we always found this restaurant to be wonderful. But this last time we were there, the service was worse than horrendous: nit eniugh menus, over an hour wait to get our main course, cold coffee and capuccino (and when we sent them back, the replacement coffee and capuccino came back cold again). We were not alone -- many, many diners were complaining about the ooir service. But the food was good.
- A wonderful surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013A family style restaurant serving incredible food by an outstanding wait staff. Warm, delicious bread served that was more than enough for 2 people brought out immdeiately. We had the salmon with capers in a red sauce, and a half order of spaghetti Bolognese. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the sauce was devine. Being Italian, I'm usually disappointed having spaghetti out. It's either overdone or underdone. Not so here... I could have been eating spaghetti that was made by mom! A wonderful meal!Special Features:
- This is a family style restaurantLattanziVIPDined on 1/9/2013This is a family style restaurant and the food was fresh and prepared well. We couldn't find anyone to seat our party , which was a little awkward for a business dinner. Additionally, the wine by the glass selections were substandard and the bartender didn't know the names of the wines, only cab, Pinot noir etc. Those details made for a disappointing experience and combined with a much needed facelift on the decor, I would be hard pressed to return.