Matteo's of Hallandale
1825 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale, FL 33009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Matteo's of Hallandale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matteosristorante.com/
- Phone: 9544554050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Every day: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer take out for any size event. Tell us your plans and we will take the best care of your every need. If you like us to pamper you covering the smallest details we supply staff, the food, bar, rentals, etc.
A word from Matteo's of Hallandale
Matteos bring's a taste of Italy right here at home. The Sorrentino & Sbarro families from New York have been serving delicious platters of Italian comfort food for the past 25 years, and continue to do so at all of their nine landmark locations from New York to Florida. Eating dinner at Matteos is always an event whether with that special someone, the family or everyone you know. Contact us for your next party. Take out will never be the same once you take our intensely fresh cooking home to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Matteo's of Hallandale - Best Restaurants in Hallandale ›
Matteo's of Hallandale reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (21)special occasion (18)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Rushed serviceAnnapolitianDined on 10/18/2014Great food and nice ambiance but they try to turn the tables and rush the dinner. I finally had to call the manager over and make him aware then the pushing st least slowed down. I would not recommend this restaurant for Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:
- always greatwineguyVIPDined on 10/17/2014we have some people in town and they felt like Italian... there are a lot of choices but we return to Matteo's because it is authentic and the food is prepared to perfection. Artie the server is just the best... we will return. by the way my guests loved it.Special Features:
- Never disappointsBeckiDined on 10/12/2014Have eaten here several times and have enjoyed the food and service. They always try to accommodate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.catanialawDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent and service was impeccable. Would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality at its finest !TusskingDined on 10/11/2014Simple and to the point. The best authentic Italian food in south Florida. So fresh and wonderful. The service is impeccable ! Must try the Shrimp Limone'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceERS113Dined on 10/6/2014The food is always excellent. But the service is even bette. The wait staff makes this a personal experience. They bring platters and serve tableside, they help in deciding the best combinations and quantities of each order. THey do everything to make this a stress free, enjoyable experience. It is like having a family dinner at home. And everything I have tried on the menu is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantbklynVIPDined on 10/3/2014I was a bit skeptical about Matteo's location, but once we arrived inside, it was a different experience. We had great service as well as very good food. Everything was bought out in a timely manner. We tried the homemade canolli and it was so delicious. Would definatley recommend Matteo's as a must if you want good Italian food.Special Features:
- We do it every other weekSchnookyDined on 10/3/2014We do it every other week or so, must be good or we wouldn't bother.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love matteosGecreviewVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great menu., attentive service ..family style. Always great meal We are regulars thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2014We look forward to having dinner at Matteo's whenever we are in town mostly in the winter but we do try to visit a few extra times during the off season and love Matteo's. Food is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mateo's is the bestMauryVIPDined on 9/4/2014Matteo's restaurant is an excellent place to eat. The bar is truly professionally staffed and they are knowledgeable; they are friendly and courteous and friendly always. Because we go to the restaurant periodically we are always recognized and warmly greeted by the wait staff and the managers. The waiters are very knowledgeable always give us good honest advice and recommendations about the daily menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep going, must be good!SchnookyDined on 8/27/2014We keep going, must be good! What more is there to say.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service never disappoint! Crowded fun spot!Special Features:
- always the best!!wineguyVIPDined on 8/12/2014the food is tops... authentically prepared and served. a reliable place to go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauryVIPDined on 7/26/2014Very good Italian prepared food; the food is tasty. The portions are large so it is possible to order a greater number of dishes of food. The group of friends I have visit the restaurant at least once a week. The bartenders are very good and friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDuncan21Dined on 7/23/2014Our experience here was excellent. It was a fantastic meal and the food was quality. It was really busy even on a week night and was buzzing! We are definately going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodWeeklyDinersDined on 7/22/2014Dine at Matteo's frequently due to their excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!JsnABriggsDined on 7/17/2014Hands down the best Italian restaurant in South Florida!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good and enjoyable.SchnookyDined on 7/14/2014Above says it all, "Always good and enjoyable". Do I really have to use minimum 50 characters?
- Little Italy meets Hallandaleaventuragal7Dined on 7/12/2014Always great, large 1/2 portions, very kid friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artiDined on 7/10/2014Food was very good the service was very good people friendly atmosphere very niceSpecial Features:
- steveDined on 7/1/2014The food is good. The room lacks any ambiance at all. Just a big room filled with tables. The bar was busy though. Service was fast, not too relaxing and they cleared the table plate by plate as others were still eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKevinVIPDined on 6/30/2014Wonderfully consistent family style Italian meals. We had been out of town for a few weeks and it was so nice to order our favorites and have them arrive exactly as expected. Really fantastic and a good value for the dollar. Staff remembers your name after only a few visits - a very nice touch.Special Features:
- Good as usual.SchnookyDined on 6/27/2014We always enjoy dining here. Don't know what more to say to fill up minimum 50 characters!Special Features:
- The following 158 reviews are from the Matteo's of Hallandale reviews archive.
- The Real Deal.rhw500VIPDined on 6/13/2014Matteo's brings a touch of traditional New York Italian dining to Florida. The service is excellent. The food is Classic Italian with oversized portions prepared in traditional style to perfection. Matteo's is the real deal. Look no further for GREAT Italian dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/10/2014We have been going to the restaurant for years. This was the worst service ever. The "waiter" got every order wrong. The manager was not much better. The waiter was truly incompetent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!BrianSVIPDined on 5/23/2014I eat here almost every Friday night with my family when we are in town. It's better then when Matty owned it. The food is good and the service is great. They also make a great drink which is hard to come by in South Florida. Enjoy!Special Features:
- It's as real as it gets down here.BrianSVIPDined on 5/9/2014We go out every Friday and Saturday no matter what. That's the deal! My wife (who grew up as a chef and mother was a chef ) cooks during the week and we go out on weekends. We moved from New York City to Miami 14 years ago and by and large the restaurants here suck (big time!). Matteo's in Hallandale stands out as one of the best restaurants is South Florida in terms of the quality and taste of the food. Its real Italian food! You will enjoy it if you know what I'm talking about! If not you deserve to sit with the other schmucks in all these other tourist trap restaurants down here that SUCK!!!!!!! By the way.........Matteo's has a real Bar (Not just Beer and Wine) and they make great drinks! Not the tourist type of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food portionsDanyDined on 5/1/2014The food and service were excellent. We ordered the half portion size and had enough food to bring home and have for dinner the next day. Would most definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our VisitTonyCDined on 4/28/2014We go to Matteo's at least 2 times a month. Food brings us back because otherwise it is very noisy and tables are very close together. Don't expect very good service, not enough waiters and they are not the friendliest.Special Features:
- GREAT ITALIAN FOODCapefoodiesVIPDined on 4/26/2014excellent food and service. Large portions. Large burnt veggies too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artiDined on 4/24/2014food was very good service was excellent I found it better than the matteos in roslyn nySpecial Features:
- Lack of ServiceDsl528Dined on 4/22/2014I was very excited to eat here as I had heard amazing things. However, I was not thrilled with the level of service. While the waiter, when at the table, was helpful, he did not check on us nearly enough. And it did not appear to be understaffed as there were plenty of servers standing around.Special Features:
- Food is greatFoodie4LifeDined on 4/19/2014Food is always solid at Matteos. A great neighborhood Italian - the only thing missing is pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DineChappy44Dined on 4/18/2014Had a reservation, walked right in and we were seated immediately, server was great and our meal was delicious. What more can I say. We sat outside and you didn't feel like you were in a shopping center.Special Features:
- First TimersBobcavDined on 4/18/2014We go to Gulfstream every year when we are in Florida and always saw the ad for Matteo's so we thought we 'd give it a try since we love Italian food. I must say it was not as delicious as we are used to. I guess being from the North, this was not Little Italy. However, we had an enjoyable time. Our waiter was very attentive and service was great.Special Features:
- MauryVIPDined on 4/18/2014The portions of food are more than ample and tasty. It has a true Italian flavor. The service is good: the waiter recommends to the tastes of the patrons and serves the portion. The bar is busy and crowded during the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 pm specifically and the bartenders are very good. The restaurant takes on the flavor of a a good and steady neighborhood restaurant the is predictable.Special Features:
- Great casual diningWeeklyDinersDined on 4/14/2014Excellent food and superb service. We eat there on a regular basis and it is consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- Great restaurantbacibuyerDined on 3/21/2014Every trip to Fort Lauderdale we make sure we have dinner at Matteos' it is on the top of our list. Love everything especially the stuffed artichokes and the Shrimp Wendy...those burnt green beans to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we liked it!PaulDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant was suggested by a friend and we went for my wife's birthday and we had a wonderful dinner experience. I had the veal marsala and she had the calamari. Tables a bit crowded together. Our waiter Eduardo was great.Special Features: