Matteo's of Hallandale
1825 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale, FL 33009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Matteo's of Hallandale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matteosristorante.com/
- Phone: 9544554050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Every day: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer take out for any size event. Tell us your plans and we will take the best care of your every need. If you like us to pamper you covering the smallest details we supply staff, the food, bar, rentals, etc.
A word from Matteo's of Hallandale
Matteos bring's a taste of Italy right here at home. The Sorrentino & Sbarro families from New York have been serving delicious platters of Italian comfort food for the past 25 years, and continue to do so at all of their nine landmark locations from New York to Florida. Eating dinner at Matteos is always an event whether with that special someone, the family or everyone you know. Contact us for your next party. Take out will never be the same once you take our intensely fresh cooking home to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Matteo's of Hallandale - Best Restaurants in Hallandale ›
Matteo's of Hallandale reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (16)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We keep going, must be good!SchnookyDined on 8/27/2014We keep going, must be good! What more is there to say.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service never disappoint! Crowded fun spot!Special Features:
- always the best!!wineguyVIPDined on 8/12/2014the food is tops... authentically prepared and served. a reliable place to go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauryVIPDined on 7/26/2014Very good Italian prepared food; the food is tasty. The portions are large so it is possible to order a greater number of dishes of food. The group of friends I have visit the restaurant at least once a week. The bartenders are very good and friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDuncan21Dined on 7/23/2014Our experience here was excellent. It was a fantastic meal and the food was quality. It was really busy even on a week night and was buzzing! We are definately going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodWeeklyDinersDined on 7/22/2014Dine at Matteo's frequently due to their excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!JsnABriggsDined on 7/17/2014Hands down the best Italian restaurant in South Florida!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good and enjoyable.SchnookyDined on 7/14/2014Above says it all, "Always good and enjoyable". Do I really have to use minimum 50 characters?
- Little Italy meets Hallandaleaventuragal7Dined on 7/12/2014Always great, large 1/2 portions, very kid friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artiDined on 7/10/2014Food was very good the service was very good people friendly atmosphere very niceSpecial Features:
- steveDined on 7/1/2014The food is good. The room lacks any ambiance at all. Just a big room filled with tables. The bar was busy though. Service was fast, not too relaxing and they cleared the table plate by plate as others were still eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKevinVIPDined on 6/30/2014Wonderfully consistent family style Italian meals. We had been out of town for a few weeks and it was so nice to order our favorites and have them arrive exactly as expected. Really fantastic and a good value for the dollar. Staff remembers your name after only a few visits - a very nice touch.Special Features:
- Good as usual.SchnookyDined on 6/27/2014We always enjoy dining here. Don't know what more to say to fill up minimum 50 characters!Special Features:
- The Real Deal.rhw500VIPDined on 6/13/2014Matteo's brings a touch of traditional New York Italian dining to Florida. The service is excellent. The food is Classic Italian with oversized portions prepared in traditional style to perfection. Matteo's is the real deal. Look no further for GREAT Italian dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/10/2014We have been going to the restaurant for years. This was the worst service ever. The "waiter" got every order wrong. The manager was not much better. The waiter was truly incompetent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!BrianSVIPDined on 5/23/2014I eat here almost every Friday night with my family when we are in town. It's better then when Matty owned it. The food is good and the service is great. They also make a great drink which is hard to come by in South Florida. Enjoy!Special Features:
- It's as real as it gets down here.BrianSVIPDined on 5/9/2014We go out every Friday and Saturday no matter what. That's the deal! My wife (who grew up as a chef and mother was a chef ) cooks during the week and we go out on weekends. We moved from New York City to Miami 14 years ago and by and large the restaurants here suck (big time!). Matteo's in Hallandale stands out as one of the best restaurants is South Florida in terms of the quality and taste of the food. Its real Italian food! You will enjoy it if you know what I'm talking about! If not you deserve to sit with the other schmucks in all these other tourist trap restaurants down here that SUCK!!!!!!! By the way.........Matteo's has a real Bar (Not just Beer and Wine) and they make great drinks! Not the tourist type of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Matteo's of Hallandale reviews archive.
- food portionsDanyDined on 5/1/2014The food and service were excellent. We ordered the half portion size and had enough food to bring home and have for dinner the next day. Would most definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our VisitTonyCDined on 4/28/2014We go to Matteo's at least 2 times a month. Food brings us back because otherwise it is very noisy and tables are very close together. Don't expect very good service, not enough waiters and they are not the friendliest.Special Features:
- GREAT ITALIAN FOODCapefoodiesVIPDined on 4/26/2014excellent food and service. Large portions. Large burnt veggies too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artiDined on 4/24/2014food was very good service was excellent I found it better than the matteos in roslyn nySpecial Features:
- Lack of ServiceDsl528Dined on 4/22/2014I was very excited to eat here as I had heard amazing things. However, I was not thrilled with the level of service. While the waiter, when at the table, was helpful, he did not check on us nearly enough. And it did not appear to be understaffed as there were plenty of servers standing around.Special Features:
- Food is greatFoodie4LifeDined on 4/19/2014Food is always solid at Matteos. A great neighborhood Italian - the only thing missing is pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DineChappy44Dined on 4/18/2014Had a reservation, walked right in and we were seated immediately, server was great and our meal was delicious. What more can I say. We sat outside and you didn't feel like you were in a shopping center.Special Features:
- First TimersBobcavDined on 4/18/2014We go to Gulfstream every year when we are in Florida and always saw the ad for Matteo's so we thought we 'd give it a try since we love Italian food. I must say it was not as delicious as we are used to. I guess being from the North, this was not Little Italy. However, we had an enjoyable time. Our waiter was very attentive and service was great.Special Features:
- MauryVIPDined on 4/18/2014The portions of food are more than ample and tasty. It has a true Italian flavor. The service is good: the waiter recommends to the tastes of the patrons and serves the portion. The bar is busy and crowded during the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 pm specifically and the bartenders are very good. The restaurant takes on the flavor of a a good and steady neighborhood restaurant the is predictable.Special Features:
- Great casual diningWeeklyDinersDined on 4/14/2014Excellent food and superb service. We eat there on a regular basis and it is consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- Great restaurantbacibuyerDined on 3/21/2014Every trip to Fort Lauderdale we make sure we have dinner at Matteos' it is on the top of our list. Love everything especially the stuffed artichokes and the Shrimp Wendy...those burnt green beans to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we liked it!PaulDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant was suggested by a friend and we went for my wife's birthday and we had a wonderful dinner experience. I had the veal marsala and she had the calamari. Tables a bit crowded together. Our waiter Eduardo was great.Special Features:
- Authentic NYC Italian foodBillCambridgeVIPDined on 2/28/2014Matteo's is a classic traditional Italian food restaurant, where it's best to order several meals among a group of people and eat them "family style". They have one of the best veal dishes I've ever tasted, anywhere, in their "Veal Chop Valdostana". Incredible dish. Every time I am in South Florida, I make a trip to Matteo's. It's worth it every time, even though this time we were staying at Doral and it took us nearly an hour during rush hour to get the Hallandale Beach Blvd. Despite this, it was still worth it!Special Features:
- pasta alla garlicOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/26/2014i ordered a full portion of spaghetti with white clam sauce. the waiter insisted that we order at least one and a half portions, for the four of us. it turned out to be spaghetti with toasted garlick, we could barely find the clams, and the waiter agreed with us went back to his manager but came back with nothing. without the clams we didn't need another half order. i've had better meals at matteo's, they better raise the bar once again.
- BeneConnie8Dined on 2/15/2014Think that Italian for very good. Our waiter was very helpful and food was great. Also had enough leftovers for another meal. Great when you are on vacation. Will be here for another 2 weeks and will go backSpecial Features:
- DO NOT MISS IT!!RecsecDined on 2/11/2014One of the best Italian meals I've ever had. Excellent menu selection and second to none service. I'll go back for seconds as do many others so be sure to use Open Table and get a reservation. You'll need one regardless of what night you try to go. It's that good!!
- One of my favoritesFPI123Dined on 1/24/2014Matteo's is one of my favorite restaurants. When we think of Italian we always think of Matteo's. The food, service, and ambience are outstanding. My only footnote is to make a reservation in advance to avoid a long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in HallandaleEjculaterVIPDined on 1/22/2014Great selection of your favorite Italian dishes cooked to order. Their chopped salad is one of the best and prepared by your waiter just the way you want it! Generous pour on wine by the glass and scrumptious deserts. We love to eat here later in the evening and just relax with a salad, entree and glass of wine. There are a lot of Italian restaurants in South Florida, but this is still one of the best.Special Features:
- dining in neighborhoodMauryVIPDined on 1/22/2014serves a purpose for their patrons - watering hole, good food and friendliness.We need a roundedSpecial Features:
- SmileDinning4lifeVIPDined on 1/8/2014My favorite dish is the burnt veggies.27 dollars per order. The service is always slow and unfriendly. I'd rather sit at the bar the guys are fun, fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Best meal on the tripLuigiVIPDined on 12/26/2013Busy place. You need a reservation. Food was great. The family style concept works well here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodleftyDined on 12/21/2013Great food and some of the best desserts! Make sure you make reservations as this gem is usually quite crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS EXCELLENTCapefoodiesVIPDined on 12/19/2013We had some different dishes this visit and libed them. They know how to cook!!! Delicious every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.