Matteo's of Boca Raton
233 South Federal Highway
Boca Raton, FL 33427Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Matteo's of Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matteosristorante.com/
- Phone: 5613920773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer take out for any size event. Tell us your plans and we will take the best care of your every need. If you like us to pamper you covering the smallest details we supply staff, the food, bar, rentals, etc.
A word from Matteo's of Boca Raton
Matteos bring's a taste of Italy right here at home. The Sorrentino & Sbarro families from New York have been serving delicious platters of Italian comfort food for the past 25 years, and continue to do so at all of their nine landmark locations from New York to Florida. Eating dinner at Matteos is always an event whether with that special someone, the family or everyone you know. Contact us for your next party. Take out will never be the same once you take our intensely fresh cooking home to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Matteo's of Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Stepbrother finally has a voiceoutwithmystepsDined on 9/20/2014As a steppy, your voice is often muted by those who are blood, but, this time, my suggestion for Matteo's fell upon perked-up ears. The authentic New York Italian attitude served by every manager, GM and hostess coupled with the delicious veal, chicken, and seafood pastas made the night extremely memorable. I'm so glad my steps listened to me for once!!!Special Features:
- momof4Dined on 8/27/2014The food was not up to par. The meatballs were hard and basically inedible. The portions were not big enough even though it is family styleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingDisappointedVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was very good,the eggplant parm was excellent ,the chicken rolletinni also good,the salad was ok,and of course the Tartuffe the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 84 reviews are from the Matteo's of Boca Raton reviews archive.
- FoodBocaLadyDined on 4/23/2014The food was very good, large portions only problem was it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatfineVIPDined on 4/17/2014This visit had a lot of mistakes that we're finally rectified....FOOD WAS DELICIOUS & reservation was honored...Matteo's Is a favorite of ours , so we were disappointed this time!Special Features:
- It doesn't get better than thisLaneyVIPDined on 4/15/2014The wait staff is very well trained, attentive and completely professional. The food is served family style but the waiter dishes out portions to everyone, making it easy to fill each plate with what you want yet enough to go around. We started with the Mateos mixed salad, always delicious. Then we ordered shrimp oregano, linguini with white clam sauce, chicken marsala, veal chop and spaghetti marinara. all scrumptious & outstanding. We ate it all! This place is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good time had by allhappydinerDined on 3/12/2014We had a party of 10 and never were we upset with any part of the evening. The choices on the menu and the specials were great. Every one had nothing but high praise for the quality of meals and the service they received. The chilean sea bass was outstanding as were all the other dishes that were consumed. I would definitely return and I would certainly recommend it to all my dinning out friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matteo's Never DisappointsMichelleDined on 3/3/2014We have been coming to Matteo's for over a year. Food is always delicious. My family's favorite is the Chicken Marsala. Our waiter was very attentive. It was busy for a Monday night which is a good sign. Everybody around us seemed to be having a good time. Matteo's is our go-to Italian restaurant in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matteo's not what it used to beWarrenbruceVIPDined on 2/13/2014Maitre' d obnoxious. Food was dried out. Seemed pre cooked and warmed up. Inattentive service. Not returning.
- The food was totally acceptable.jftennisDined on 2/13/2014The food was totally acceptable. There was nothing outstanding about the restaurant which is why I would not necessarily recommend it. Not a bad place at all, just nothing memorable.
- Great family style ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2014Great family style Italian neighborhood spot. Great food. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerposimp99VIPDined on 1/22/2014Food is generally very consistent and value is good especially for a group- Service sometimes can be annoying as they insist on serving you - I get that its family style and they are trying to be helpful, but it can be frustrating. Also the fact that they make you order your complete meal all at once, does not sit well with everyoneSpecial Features:
- ALWAYS RELIABLE & DeliciousEatfineVIPDined on 1/3/2014ALWAYS RELIABLE & Delicious with lots of choices....ACCOMADATING as well!Special Features:
- 11/23/13 - Great Resturantjlb1123Dined on 11/23/2013We had a large group of 11 and the waiter was excellent, friendly and sentative to our needs....The fried calamari was not rubbery and the back clams were delicious, the group said it was one of the best ever had....Next was the Matteo's chopped salad was good, 2 pasta dishes...bolengenese was great and broccoli and garlic was good....main dishes Chicken Parm, Chicken Francse and Shimp A La Wendy----that was amazing with the burnt string beans....To full for dessert. Would highly recommend but need reservations and still will have to wait but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As advertisedheartdoctorDined on 11/15/2013Good for large groups. Solid, but not spectacular southern Italian fare. Easy to overorder. The chicken and vegetable dishes are very strong on the vegetables. The chopped salad is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited too longOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2013Even with an 8:15 reservation AND a connection with the manager, my party was still not seated until 9:00. Love the food here, but waiting almost an hour past my reservation time was a big let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always Matteo's is a greatnettieVIPDined on 11/8/2013as always Matteo's is a great restaurant. Every guest I have always asks for dinner at Matteo'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!PickyDined on 11/7/2013We had a wonderful dinner served with care and finesse and shared with old friends. What could be better? Mateo's never disappoints. Highly recommend to anyone who loves great Italian food.Special Features:
- Accommodating beyond wordsNotnowVIPDined on 11/6/2013He host understood that we were a large party and might grow larger. He also accepted that we would be arriving at different times. He worked with our issues, found us tables that could connect if needed. They got the early group out and continued to adapt to less than gracious guests in our extended party. Couldn't ask for better attitudes from the staff!Special Features:
- Great Family Style ItalianPhilVIPDined on 10/10/2013Great Family Style Italian Restaurant. Large portinos, share everything. Food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slop foodCutieVIPDined on 9/28/2013This restaurant should be considered nothing more than a cafeteria with sub-par food that caters to an over 65 crowd with no remaining taste buds!..service was pathetic and unprofessional... As for the food quality, presentation and freshnesh, the 4 of us will not be back!
- Wonderful service and foodclovercloverVIPDined on 8/17/2013It was our first time dining at Matteo's and we were pleasantly surprised by the deliciousness of the food and the quality of the service. Everything is served family style and our waiter asked us what we liked and then made recommendations which were spot on. It is a great place to go for a special occasion or even a lovely family dinner, as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRANK & LUCILLEfrankVIPDined on 7/2/2013Very Very good italian food, great service, very attentive. Thank you Michael for taking such great care of us, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matteo's was great...as usual!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2013Matteo's was great...as usual!!! All eight of us enjoyed our dinner. Lois SilvermanSpecial Features:
- SlippingPologalVIPDined on 5/18/2013Mateo's used to be consistently good, but their special chicken angelina was dry and disappointing. Not up to par
- FOOD, FOOD,FOOD!!!!Momof67Dined on 5/10/2013Great food! Just remember the portions a extremely large. Many of the half orders could be for two or three people. We have been going quite often, and always bring left overs home. The Caesar Salad is to die for , and so are the baked clams oreganata . Since I can't eat red sauces, I stick with Salmon. You won't be disappointed with the Napoleon to top it off. Mangia!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food, fun night!News4UVIPDined on 4/17/2013Amazing food! Authentic Italian and extensive variety. Something yummy for every palate --- from vegetarians to carnivores, Pescatarians to omnivores! Even dieters who are savvy have selections! Portions huge so share or order half portions which are large too and split or take home. A fun night out with a family feel!Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Its been a few weeks & we're still not sure what to think of this place! First impressions: *many tables there seemed to be "regulars" *definitely not a young crowd! *quite a bit of "work" had been done on this group of people! *waiters aren't trying to earn tips for manners (thankfully ours warmed up after a few visits to our table & turned out to be pretty cool) *reservations don't mean much - we were seated 35 minutes after our set reservation time *food was ok but no better than any # of Italian restaurants we've eaten at in the nearby vicinity of Matteo's Wow, after remembering that evening & doing this review, I'm pretty sure we (including the other party we were with) won't be returning to Matteo's (at least not the one in
- Great Food and WMomof67Dined on 3/15/2013Excellent food! Service was very poor as the waiter had too many tables. We waited a half hour to get water served to the table. It was obvious that the priority settings were given to REGULARS ! The Owner/maitre'd was huggy, kissy with them! It's definitely the Boca Scene! Don't recommend it during Season. June, July, August and September is the time to go for rounders!!Special Features:
- The service was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/14/2013The service was good and the waiter was helpful . The food was plentiful and good. Excellent dinning for groups.Special Features:
- Restaurant is continuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2013Restaurant is continually fabulous. The food is outstanding and the service is great. The waiters are a great help in providing valuable ordering information as the portions are huge and half a order is usually more than sufficient..Noise level is high,try to get a table towards the far left as it is much quieter there.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, had aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2013Food was excellent, had a large party and service was wonderful!Special Features:
- Delissio!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/19/2013Great food and great value Baked clams are amazing followed by caesar salad linguini aoili and then a veal parm!Special Features:
- I would have given 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/10/2013I would have given 5 stars all the way across if it weren't For the rude bartender. While my husband and I waited for the rest of our party We had a drink at the bar. The older bartender acted like he didn't see us. There was only one other Person at the bar. When our friends showed up we tried to get his attention again He just kept turning his back. Finally just as my friends went to order a drink, he came over, took the tip we left And said "enjoy your dinner" and walked away. He just dismissed us! We were dumbfounded. Our server was excellent as was the food.Special Features:
- Delicious but hate waitingSusieDined on 2/8/2013Delicious but hate waiting 40 minutes with a reservation!Special Features:
- food was pricey, and for thatradarjsDined on 2/2/2013food was pricey, and for that it should have been real good. just ended up being fair,salty,over cooked chicken parm,veal marsala did not taste like it sauce was spicy, and mixed with beef and red sauce that was lack luster.Barely tasted the marsala.Portions were fair and for family style the insult is for Italian there should be plenty . comparable would be maggianos, at least the fill your plates there.Special Features:
- Don't waste your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013We had a 815pm reservation, we checked in at 8pm. After waiting for 45 min w barely being acknowledged in a loud and very crowded environment we left and ate dinner at Ruth Chris steakhouse. Obviously we were not happy at all and will never go back.
- Completely outstanding! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/21/2013Completely outstanding! The Veal Valdastana is one of our favorite dishes!!
- Give your review a title (optional)JudyVIPDined on 1/12/2013The restaurant is much too noisy. Would never go on a Saturday night againSpecial Features:
- Matteos has absolutely outstandingJacquiLDined on 1/11/2013Matteos has absolutely outstanding food! The Calamari Arrabiatta and the Burnt Vegetables are to die for!! The Waiters are always exceptional.Special Features: