Matsutake Sushi & Steak
5225 Buckeystown Pike
Frederick, MD 21704Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Matsutake Sushi & Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matsutakerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3016315060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Matsutake Sushi & Steak
Matsutake Sushi & Steak was established in 2005. Our goal is to provide customers with fine Japanese dining experience using carefully selected ingredients. We would like to be unique and innovative. Welcome to the most memorable journey to the Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Matsutake Sushi & Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Great dinning experience. Entertaining chef. Great food and large portions . Great for families and children. EnjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Matsutake Sushi & Steak reviews archive.
- Not Bad HibachiSuperFoodieDined on 5/11/2014My latest visit to Matsutake was not up to par. Our party of 5 was seated quickly, however, the fellow who came over to take our drink order was also supposed to turn the hibachi cooking surface on so that it would be at the proper cooking temperature when the cook was ready to go. This service error caused a 15-20 minute delay for us as we waited for the table to get ready. Our cook was not very personable (sort of flat instead of engaging and entertaining). He did not interact with us at all, neglecting to even do the "catch the whatever in your mouth" and the sake squirting. It'll be a while for us to return.Special Features:
- open table reservation was not therOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Got to restaurant. The reservation we made didn't exist. We waited an hour then went elsewhere. I blame opentable. We've eaten at the restaurant before and it is fine.
- the dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014the dining experience was very poor and the server couldn't speak English and messed up our order and never brought us our drinks I wouldn't recommend this to anyone
- Great food, mediocre service.rhangelDined on 1/10/2014Matsutake consistantly serves and prepares excellent food, but the service leaves much to be desired. Most of the wait staff is rude and they give you the feeling that they are just interested in serving. We found ourselves always looking for our waitress and having to find a different waiter to ask for refills. Also, they will charge you a premium price for any juice refills for kids. We do not allow our kids to drink Soda so we order Apple Juice or Lemonade. As you know, kids will finish their drink within seconds of it arriving so it is VERY disappointing that the restaurant will charge you per drink, especially for kids. Again, the food is excellent but the service will leave you frustrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateHemliclDined on 12/27/2013This was my first time there so I was a little apprehensive since I was meeting someone for a first date. But it turned out perfect. We ordered the " love boat" which we thought was quite humorous. The sushi and sashimi both were exquisite. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ExperienceCDimmickDined on 12/7/2013Fun overall experience, especially for children. You get a TON of fried rice and lo mein, but will get less meat than expected. Service was very reasonable, considering the number of.people in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The vegetables weren't thatOperaCookVIPDined on 11/22/2013The vegetables weren't that fresh and they chafe $2 extra for fried rice that isn't all that memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Hiro!EmilieDined on 11/14/2013We celebrated my daughter's 9th birthday at Matsutake last week. We sat at one of the hibachis and had the absolute best time. Our cook's name was Hiro (pronounced like hero) and he was fantastic. The kids are usually impressed by the "show" at other hibachis, but this time they were in awe of Hiro's showmanship and the way he involved all of them in the event. There were giggles galore. As for the food, we found it cooked to point and not overly greasy like we have had at other hibachi restaurants. The sushi, too, was perfect. I am not usually a fan of Salmon in sushi form, but this was so fresh that it tasted like heaven. My daughter LOVED her birthday dinner... we all did. Thank you Hiro for such a wonderful job.Special Features:
- Horrible experienceSadDinerDined on 9/21/2013We got to the restaurant at our reservation time. We had to wait about 15 minutes for our table to be ready, yet we could see several open tables in the background. Once we were seated we waited about 15 minutes for a waiter to come to our table. When no waiter came we left. The greeter apologized. This was our first time at this restaurant. We won't be back.
- A great place to relax and enjoy!NovaVIPDined on 8/26/2013This was a business dinner. The sushi was delicious. The chef talked to us while he prepared our meal. It's a large place with several options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedcefcehDined on 6/15/2013As a frequent visitor, I highly recommend this place. Food is yummy and the staff attentive. I took my parents, and it was their first time to a hibachi-style restaurant. They had a blast watching the chef cook in front of them and entertain them at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had been to Matsutake beforeChrisDined on 2/14/2013I had been to Matsutake before but it was the first time for my girlfriend being there. The food was excellent, the cook was good, service was alittle slow but it was very busy in there for V-Day so it was understandable. Would def go again and would tell anyone looking for a great steak-hibachi place to go there.Special Features:
- JimOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Food and service was both very good. Made for a great start to New Year's Eve.Special Features: