Matilda's on Park
358 N Park Ave
Winterpark, FL 32789Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Matilda's on Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.matildasonpark.com/
- Phone: 4079515790
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Australian, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Leslie Rowland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Matilda’s offers upscale event spaces, sophisticated menus, full-service bars, and cutting edge audio visual systems. Our party packages offer catering, beverage and entertainment options to accommodate any party. Our Professional event planners can work with you to create the perfect party package to fit your needs. For an unforgettable night, plan your next event at Matilda’s!
- Private Party Contact: Beckie Mahon 8563435633
- Entertainment: Great Live Music, Djs, and much more... Check out our website for a calender of events.
A word from Matilda's on Park
Matilda’s On Park is the newest addition to the chic zip code and provides an incredible view of Park Avenue, a street that is known for gourmet food and great shopping. Matilda’s has expanded the location into a multi purpose space. Downstairs you will find a spacious patio overlooking Park Avenue, a comfortable dining room and bar with HDTVs (32 total offering all sports packages) and a private back room perfect for a quiet dinner. If you take the stairs to the second floor, you will find a different atmosphere all together. Named ‘Matilda’s After Dark’, it’s the largest banquet facility on Park Avenue. Fit to host up to 175 people, the lounge boasts leather coaches, a private bar and a fireplace. Thursday nights are perfect for Rollins students, on Fridays they have live music and on Saturdays a DJ spins your favorite hits. With a full menu and open until 2am, it’s everything the street was missing...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Matilda's on Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- No FoodlnurseDined on 1/15/2014Unbelievable dining experience! After being seated immediately because we had reservations, we attempted to order our meal. Just about everything we wanted to order was not available. The restaurant was out of rib eye, burgers, grouper, shrimp scampi. The only food they had was mac cheese and chicken breast! Don't waste your time. We waited an hour and fifteen minutes after being seated before we left. The manager said they were out of a lot of food due to a big party. They had my number and could have called to let me know. However, after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, looks like this restaurant has had lots of problems for months.
- TerribleOpenTableUserDined on 1/10/2014Upon arriving at the restaurant we waited 10 minutes at the hostess stand for someone to show up. Finally when they did they told us there will be a 30 minute wait, I explained we had reservations. They begrudgingly sat us. I ordered mac and cheese, my husband a chicken sandwich and a sweet tea. It took 3 times stopping the waitress to get the sweet tea. When our food finally arrived it was not edible. The Mac and Cheese had no cheese in it and my husband’s sandwich arrived with cheese when he asked for no cheese as well as chips and cheese when he asked for fries. A rude wait staff and awful food was just an awful experience for our Friday date night. :( We will NEVER go to this restaurant again!
- Mixed FeelingsLyndaVIPDined on 12/5/2013We dined there with another couple using a great coupon. We all ordered rib eyes which were all cooked to order. However, two of us wanted crab cakes, and they were out of them. They were also out of the Jalapeno crab balls, though they had the lobster crab balls. The menu is varied and prices are reasonable, but I don't understand being out of crab on a Thursday night. Many restaurants have failed in this location since it was the Beef and Bottle back in the day. I hope this one doesn't follow suit.Special Features:
- Lobster MacLyndaVIPDined on 9/29/2013The Lobster Mac is to die for. Unfortunately, I ate all of it and was too full to eat my steak.Special Features:
- Great little findDitkaDined on 9/28/2013Winter Park is a hidden gem and Matilda's was enjoyed by our group of 5. Took daughter who attends UCF there to get away from the normal area choices. Really enjoyed this place - got there around 6:00 on Sat night - half price appetizers and reasonably priced sandwiches. We all split some mac-n-cheese and it was very good. Only negative was the noise but it was Saturday and games going on. Waitress was fantastic - will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignored for 25 minutesmnwildVIPDined on 9/14/2013We were excited about the interesting menu and looked forward to our night out. We were sat promptly. That was the last time anyone at the restaurant noticed we existed. The manager, 2 servers and a bartender looked through me as I tried to get someones attention. The only way I could have had service would have been by grabbing someone as they scurried by. We finally rose and spoke to the hostess as we left who only stared at us open mouthed as we told her of our experience. There was obvious confusion and lack of training. It is too bad we are required to comment on food and ambiance in this review.
- Interesting placeLoriDined on 8/27/2013I can't really put my finger on why I didn't really care for this place. It was just a series of little things, I guess. We had an Amazon Local coupon for $30 so we couldn't order the happy hour specials. Odd rule. Then I looked closer at the menu and saw that the things that looked most appealing to me weren't part of happy hour anyway. We ordered a bottle of wine. The cost was $31 on the wine list. Our server came back to the table and told us that it rang up at $39 but she could ask the manager to see if she could give it to us at $31.They did honor the price on the wine list. I ordered shrimp tacos and they were quite good. My friend had a burger and she liked it. We were never asked if we wanted dessert. It was just an odd night.
- Not planning a return visit...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2013I do love to try new restaurants and when Matilda's opened up, I was excited. I had dinner there over the weekend and was not impressed by the food or the service. The restaurant decor is nice but I can't really eat that. I had the mac bites and I guess I should have known better with deep fried macaroni. The bites were hard to eat and fell apart as I was trying to eat them. I didn't care for the sauce on it nor the abundance of over cooked bacon pieces on top of the dish. As for the main entree, I had the ribeye with shrimp. The shrimp was delicious. The steak was cooked well. I didn't care for my steak being smothered with the shrimp and the side of green beans. Honestly, it looked messy. The couscous that is came with wasn't great.
- Great first experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2013The mac and cheeses are amazing! There is a nice menu variety and they make a fresh daily soup selection. I was offered a sample of the soup and it was different from anything I've had before which was an interesting change of pace. I definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013We went on a Saturday night. We ordered 2 of their "ball appetizers" right away. They were out of BOTH of them. My husband ordered a drink...it was out. They were out of Wedge Salads for Pete's Sake. It was a Saturday night...and I can't get th simplest item on the menu? The server was very nice but he didn't know anything. He told me there was no liquor on Happy Hour and that was totally wrong. Every time we asked a question he had to go ask someone else. But here is the deal breaker: I ordered the Mac and Cheese sampler which comes with 3 types of Mac. I had to send 2 of them back as they were stone cold. I told the server I knew they came straight out of the refrigerator because they were still frozen. He admitted that was correct.
- Well done!Dag1Dined on 8/7/2013Reservations on line is something I like to have available Matilda's on Park provided this option. Excellent service, great food! Great experience Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even with reservations thereJohnRDined on 8/3/2013Even with reservations there was confusion; after 10 mins we called for a waitress to help us. Turns out she was out waitress but didn't know she was assigned to us. This was not her fault, but it was disappointing. Food took a long time to come. Appetizers came just before main course - we ordered all at same b/c we had been waiting so long. Ordered draught beer - was raining and our waitress had go through the rain to bring our beers from their "Pub" - she came in all wet and we could only wonder how much rain fell into our beers. She said they're addressing that so the main bar inside the restaurant will have all their beers, too. Been here once before and was great; think we just caught them on a bad night. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestfoodietayDined on 7/28/2013had a wonderful time love this place can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Mac and CheeseLuvFoodVIPDined on 6/22/2013Wings were pretty good as well as the mac and cheese. Crab bites not so good. The spa treatment drink I had was great but when I ordered a second the bar had run out of mint wich mad me a little sad.Special Features: