Matchbox - Rockville
1699 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Matchbox - Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.matchboxrockville.com/
- Phone: 3018160369
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm Friday: 11:00am - 11:30pm Saturday: 10:00am - 11:30pm Sunday: 10:00am - 10:30pm Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jon McArthur
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Matchbox-Rockville offers 3 distinct private event spaces for all of your special occasions. A brand new and beautiful property centrally located on Rockville Pike.
- Private Party Contact: Alisia Kleinmann 8669450085
- Entertainment: Sunday Jazz 11am - 2pm
- Special Events: Matchbox was designed to offer a number of different choices in planning your event. Toast your guests with a delicious infused martini or spread out in our spacious and inviting dining room.
A word from Matchbox - Rockville
Matchbox offers fresh American inspired food and drink in a modern and eco-friendly setting. Our menu includes brick oven pizza, miniburgers, fresh seafood, and a fantastic brunch. Guests can dine on our outdoor patio in nice weather. As the winner of best new restaurant, Matchbox takes brick oven pizzas to a new level.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Matchbox - Rockville - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Matchbox - Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (74)good for groups (69)great for lunch (62)great for brunch (46)kid-friendly (46)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (36)hot spot (24)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great experienceNasafiDined on 8/13/2014Sitting outside one would have expected that there would be the din of Rockville Pike which is not even a stones throw away. There was none of it, you don't really notice that one of the busiest arteries in Montgomery County is right next to you. The ample booths allow for comfortable dining. The outside bar is a gem, well stocked and provided the drinks to perfection. The pizza's were delicious. The fig with prosciutto combo was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Matchbox from the very startOliver001Dined on 8/11/2014Tasty food, especially nice and unique pizzas. Likewise, tasty and unique cocktails - my favorites include the pomegranite martini and the sweet tea vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaysDiane102360Dined on 8/11/2014We were celebrating my daughters 22nd birthday and my sons 29th birthday. We had a diverse age group (22-80) and everyone enjoyed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAGinMdDined on 8/8/2014A great place to stop and dine right in the middle of busy busy a Rockville Pike. Good pricing, menu has a variety that will please most. Friendly attentive wait staff. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great placeCymdDined on 8/7/2014This is my second time to Matchbox and love it. I took my niece there and she really love it, said its her favorite place. Y sister love it too. The dessert trio is very good....the brownie is Mmm Mmm good. The dessert is very big. We are glad we only ordered one because we had a hard time finishing it among the 3 of us. The pizza is excellent and we like it that we can have 1/2 and 1/2 topping since we shared a pizza and this option allowed us to have two version in one. Definitely will go back soon. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch spotPhotoFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Fun options on the menu, well made mad served with great service. I love this place and continue to go back here and I recommend it to all my friends and colleagues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/31/2014The food was fine, not spectacular. The service however was amazing.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableFastRideVIPDined on 7/30/2014Whenever I am in Rockville during lunch time it go to Matchbox. Everything I've eaten there so far has been exceptional. The wait staff is exceptional also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time so we went for lunch. It was busy but no overcrowded. Our waitress was very attentive but not overly which was much appreciated.Special Features:
- SleepyDined on 7/24/2014Wonderful spot to have a drinks with girlfriends, dinner with the hubby or brunch with the family. A truly versatile place with great food and great drinks. This place has the best pomegranate martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJmePDined on 7/18/2014I met some friends for a late dinner on a Friday night. Although busy our waitress was very attentive. The food was fantastic. Their Bistro Burger is amazing and the wood fire pizzas are wonderful. It was a little loud but being a Friday night that was expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneAnnaDined on 7/10/2014Our office had lunch at Matchbox to send off a colleague who was about to start graduate school. It was a good choice given that there was a lot for everyone to choose from. The food - salads, pizzas, burgers, and sandwiches - was well-received. We all shared an order of the awesome donuts, which were a great way to end our lunch.Special Features:
- Always great!KateVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great service, great food, great 4th of July brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for a group gatheringSJPNyackerDined on 6/30/2014We had dinner with a group of six (plus a two month old) and we had an excellent evening. We split four appetizers including sliders, tuna tartare, calamari salad and shrimp and grits and they were all spot on. Dinner was three pizzas, two large and one small, and this was more than enough and these were high quality, thin crust pizzas with the fig and prosciutto most popular among the group with my favorite being the Matchbox meat pizza. The servers were always on top of things and very nice to boot. Because of the baby we went relatively early, as did other groups with small children and it worked out extremely well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a group mealblonde98Dined on 6/28/2014I had dinner with 9 people here and it was great. The pizza is a great thing to share among the table. The salad and dessert was also great.Special Features:
- Great timeJP2013VIPDined on 6/27/2014Had a great time here with a big group of friends! We were able to get a reservation on a Friday night, which I did not expect would be possible!Special Features:
- $98 for burgers and pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014My 12 - year old daughter has been wanting to try this place for a while. I had been to the one in DC and knew what it was about. You are paying for décor and atmosphere, which I am not a big fan of doing. We ended up spending almost $100 for two adults and two kids-a "large" pizza, a small pizza, 3 mini burgers, an order of fries, a dessert and 3 soft drinks. It would have been overpriced at half the cost. The food was good, but nothing special that would entice me to come back, and the menu is pretty limited. I would only go back to make my daughter happy, I would never set foot in this place of my own volition.
- Loved it!FastRideVIPDined on 6/24/2014I had driven by Matchbox many times and said I wanted to go. Well today I went for lunch and I think this will be my new lunch spot. I had the sliders, crab soup, and the apple/pear salad. Everything was wonderful. And why I am in love is the restaurant itself. The restaurant has a very nice decor and I'm even thinking about hosting an event there soon. Overall it was a wonderful first time there and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatLynetteDined on 6/21/2014I have enjoyed every time I have dined there. This time was girls night out. Dinner after a movie.Special Features:
- LunchLauraLDined on 6/16/2014Always love the food and service. It is always too noisy because of the design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Unreasonably overpriced. $23 for a nothing special pizza. $8 for a cup of soup, which is served in a huge soup plate. Guess paid for a presentation...
- One of my favorite restaurantsTee1970Dined on 6/15/2014My husband and I eat at Matchbox all the time. It is one of our favorite restaurants. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful Fathers day memorybkeg001Dined on 6/15/2014This is our third father's day at Matchbox because Daddy always enjoyed the service, the food, and all of us together. Its become our Fathers Day tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014The pizza and hamburgers were great. Also the drinks were very good.Special Features:
- Love, Love, Love!DonnaVIPDined on 6/4/2014Matchbox is our favorite local restaurant. They have never disappointed - for dinner, brunch, or sitting at the pizza bar or in the bar area. We know we will have a nice meal. We regularly go there and look forward to it. They always offer great specials. The servers are very knowledgeable and attentive. Our favorite server is Stephanie (she has blue in her hair). She has a bubbly personality and goes above and beyond to make sure we are happy with our dining experience. However, every server we have had is great. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotDugBVIPDined on 5/24/2014Had a great late Mother's Day celebration with the family on the patio. Went early and there were no crowds - it felt like we had the place to ourselves.Special Features:
- Farewell Luncheon for an employeeFriends10Dined on 5/16/2014Enjoyed the the food that was order. Most had salads and pizzas. The atmophere was perfect. Everyone that attended said the place was a nice pick and the food and drinks were delicious especial the speciality drinks that were selectd. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- Meet at MatchboxastarrDined on 5/12/2014Met up for dinner at this great restaurant with friendly service, fun food and a great environment. I was surprised by just how wonderful the evening was and how accommodating they were to my service dog.Special Features:
- Back againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Whenever I stay at Rockville, I always go to Matchbox on night one. I have been there on many occasions and always have both good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very worth the costnursejudyDined on 5/11/2014Matchbox has a well thought out menu, with something special for everyone, but the pizza is amazing. I make my own at home, but their pizza has a thin crust that perfectly offsets the toppings. The grilled romaine salad was also excellent, with just the tiniest char to bring out the flavor. Wish I could go back again today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The staff are all very friendly and welcoming, and on this particular occasion our server Christin was extremely personable and attentive. I took my mom for Mother's Day lunch as it is her favorite restaurant. There are terrific vegetarian options, an excellent selection of craft beer and cocktails, a surprisingly diverse wine list, and delicious burgers and sandwiches. The crab soup is amazing and I would eat it every day if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Dining and Great ServiceGrameloDined on 5/10/2014Our party of 19 was served with grace and cheerfulness. The waitress was very accommodating and friendly. I have brought my group here monthly for about a year and the food is consistently high quality. My meal was simple but elegant, the Fruit and Granola with no strawberries. I ate all of it! I cannot speak for others in my party but I DID notice hardly anything was left over, and the portions served are very generous. This month was the first time I was not able to get a table the day I wanted. I am going to chock that up to growing interest and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE YHE SLIDERS!shirleyVIPDined on 5/6/2014The sliders are WONDERFUL. The server was just ok.Special Features:
- Matchboxmmacek01VIPDined on 5/4/2014I dine at Matchbox Rockville frequently. The food is consistently delicious and well-prepared. Our only complaint from our recent visit was the speed of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Administrative Assistant's DayIMGRATEFULDined on 5/2/2014Great lunch place, with wonderful salads - made celebrating Administrative Assistants Day perfect! The food and service are always first class.Special Features:
- The following 1410 reviews are from the Matchbox - Rockville reviews archive.
- Matchbox is Awesome!FunDinerDined on 4/23/2014Great place! Love the pomegranate margaritas! The decor is comfortable, stylish, really with the times. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Incredible pizzaWillDined on 4/22/2014The pizza is excellent with unexpected combinations of toppings and the perfect char on the crust. What more do you need? :-)Special Features:
- Never on Sunday when it is EasterRWoodBVIPDined on 4/20/2014The noise level was excessive not only because of the large number of people on Easter Sunday, but the loud percussive music coming through the speakers. While the tuna tartare and carrot cake were very good as usual, the fruit pizza was cloyingly sweet and had far too little fruit. The service was brusque until the shift change when a more personable server took over. While I will try again, it will never be during a busy period. I will also be careful to seek a table that is not near a speaker.
- Pizza, pizza, pizzaElismithDined on 4/20/2014Food is great here. Fantastic pizza selection, but the winner on the menu is their tuna tartare. They have some pretty great salads and full entrees as well. And the dessert! Get the warm donuts with the espresso kalua dip. Its worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistentDonnaVIPDined on 4/20/2014This restaurant is a no-brainer for us. We love Matchbox and are frequent guests. The service is wonderful, the servers are very knowledgeable - about the food, beer, and wine. Friendly staff - amazing food. I love how they switch up the menu in a subtle way.Special Features: