98 Washington St
South Norwalk, CT 06854Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matchsono.com/
- Phone: (203) 852-1088
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 2ish
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Storch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Facilities: Match offers a small private stage area in the front of the restaurant with a max capacity of 20 guests. This space acts as a four wall private room for private functions.
Match also offers the back dining area which holds up to 60 guests or there is always the option to buy-out the restaurant which can hold 110 guests.
Match also caters many private parties at The Loft Martini Lounge across the street. For more information on The Loft go to www.theloftsono.com.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Storch 203-852-1088x4
A word from Match
A fourteen-year veteran of South Norwalk’s dining scene, Match has earned its reputation as one of the state’s most consistent and award-winning restaurants with its global approach to New American cuisine led by chef/owner Matt Storch. Match has focused on retaining its loyal clientele as well as welcoming new guests by emphasizing high quality local ingredients, plate presentation and great service along with an award winning wine list. All of these elements come together in a radiant room that pulses with energy. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Match reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (34)hot spot (28)special occasion (25)good for groups (24)notable wine list (19)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2013Lively energetic scene with terrific food and great service. Loved the carpetbaggers oyster appetizer and the forest pizza. Always a favorite spot for a reliable and enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with west coast friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Our west coast friends are world travellers who love to experience the "local scene" wherever they go. We requested a table by the window for our group of 5 and received one tended by an outstanding waiter. The food was wonderful and the service exceptional. It was a "matchless" evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go to Match every week!NYCgirlDined on 11/15/2013I will go to Match every week! Everyone is so nice and the food is fabulous. The fois gras was fantastic--with two kinds and the seared tuna was done just right. I will recommend this to everyone I know and become a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brussel Sproats!SkooVIPDined on 11/8/2013I've never had a bad meal at Match! Their Brussel Sproats and the bread with the whipped ricotta cheese is a favorite!Special Features:
- Great food at MatchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2013On a business trip to Norwalk and ate at Match with coworkers. Great food and service. Neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was really great!!!NYCgirlDined on 11/2/2013Our waitress was really great!!! She saw I was fishing ice out of my water glass and brought a glass of ice by. She was on top of everything we needed and she was really wonderful! I am sorry I did not get her name.Special Features:
- Consistently perfect.EKG1VIPDined on 11/1/2013Been going for years. Truly one of the best CT dining spots. Can always count on flawless service and an amazing meal. The menu changes often so it is always a pleasant surprise to see what is for dinner (though my husband has happily ordered the same dish each and every time for years). In the ever changing Fairfield County dining scene it is nice to know where to go and not be disappointed/surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good- not greatStellarDined on 10/26/2013Food, service, ambiance were all fine- good but not great. Expected more from the very positive reviews.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but goodBL2013IACDined on 10/24/2013dinner for two, good for conversation with adequate entree's and appetizers. good serviceSpecial Features:
- good food but priceyeaterouterVIPDined on 10/21/2013Food is always good at Match, but prices are high for what you get.Special Features:
- Great mealScottVIPDined on 10/19/2013My wife and I had a great meal. The carpet backers app we had was to die for. Fried oysters with beef tartar. Yum. I had the lobster with fettuccine and my wife had the special halibut dish called peanut butter and jelly or something like that. It was delicious. The salad choice was great - arugula. The chocolate chip cookie dessert was also very good. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun placelocalfanDined on 9/20/2013Fun easy going and good food, not as good as the hype about the place - not sure it is worthy of top place to eat before you die (1000 places to see before you die - book) but a good meal with really good flavor and ingredients shine through!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Match continues to deliverrmwhittDined on 9/13/2013Third visit in 3 years and it's still as wondefully delicious as I remember it to be. The service was also superb. While it was a busy Saturday night, our waiter did not miss a beat, and timing of food and special requests were handled quickly and efficiently. Waiter even noticed when my husband's scotch on the rocks needed more 'rocks' and he brought more ice without being asked. The peanut butter gelato is worth the calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their house margaritas!perfectmatchDined on 9/13/2013Love their house margaritas! And go for the seseame crusted wasabi tuna...yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem in norwalkdupesterVIPDined on 9/1/2013inventive food. had great waiter with great suggestions. we liked everything. it was a quiet night so don't know how it fares on a busy night. but we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better each timeKinctVIPDined on 8/31/2013We've only been to Match sporadically as we are about 40 minutes away, but each time offers even better menu options. Our service was attentive and accurate. I lovr that several special items included ingredients from Sport Hill Farm - not far from where we live. Dinner (and dessert) was fresh and sophisticated. We won't wait so long to go back.Special Features:
- Unique food with great tasteeastcoastfoodieDined on 8/23/2013Just reading the appetizer list made us realize that since we would not be back soon (we don't live in the state), we would just eat appetizers. They were all unique and delicious. The best were the figs stuffed with cheese - melted in your mouth and had such great flavors, the gazpacho soup with crabmeat was very different - not chunky tomatoes, but had great flavor and the sausage and hot pepper pizza was great - it had a very thin crispy crust and just the right amount of kick (though I did put a few of my hot peppers on my husband's slices! The service was great & the waiter even suggested an alternative to the order in which we wanted to receive the appetizers and it was a good suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- have funSalamanderDined on 8/20/2013Great Restaurant, Great Drinks, busiest place on a tuesday in SONOSpecial Features:
- Another great mealBarbarafhVIPDined on 8/12/2013This was our fourth time back to Match since moving to Connecticut 2 years ago. It was a beautiful night, so we sat ouside. It was my daughters birthday and we wanted someplace special to eat. Match fit the bill. Everything we ordered was delicious. The bottle of wine was half off being it was Monday. It was truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Weak DrinksDirtyWaterDined on 8/10/2013The food is delicious, although the menu hasn't changed much in the last 5 yrs. I will say that when you go out for an expensive meal (and yes dinner for 2 can be quite expensive here ) I expect my drinks to actually have alcohol in them and not just a splash. Also, give the price of the meal, I expect better serviceSpecial Features:
- Match gets it rightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013Innovative menu... never the same old same old. The chef incorporates seasonal items and adds an original twist or two to each dish. I've only dined here twice, once in its first year and again last week, but I enjoyed it thoroughly each time. The staff is marvelous. They are attentive without being intrusive, they're bright and they aim to please. What more could one ask?Special Features:
- Still greatDanielL17Dined on 7/16/2013Match-has been here since 1999!-We haven't been back since 2003... Still interesting and fun food. Esp very good and attentive "wait-staff'.--Suggest going on a week night -& book if more than 2 people. Matt still greets and makes fab. desserts!!. Will not break the bank, if you stick to Starters and Appetizers...thus leaving 'room' for dessert!! Recommend!Special Features:
- Consistently StrongNorwalkRobDined on 7/13/2013Matt, executive chef, is talented and proud. This produces a great experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent.rleachVIPDined on 6/30/2013Food and service was excellent. We had a great time!!!Special Features:
- Always great!KPKCTDined on 6/16/2013It was a great experience as always, the food was wonderful and the service was good. The carpetbaggers are one of my favorite things I have eaten. Every time we go it is a must have! Pizza is always a good choice there! The fish, scallops, and pasta were cooked perfectly. Just was a bit salty on the Gnocchi Corn special. 1/2 Wine on Sunday and Monday night is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PricyPeterDined on 6/15/2013Very good food but extremely expensive $$$$. It's a large space so I don't know why it was so loud.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2013Never disappoints. Food was creative and unique. A bit loud on Saturday nights but it is very popular. Server was hardworking, although not as experienced as some. Did a nice job.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBentleyfamilyVIPDined on 5/23/2013Match has a creative menu that tastes great . It is inventive without being eclectic. The flavor combinations work exceptionally well. The service was very attentive without being overbearing. The Tuna appetizer is outstanding. I had grouper that was perfectly cooked. Even the simplest side dishes such as peas and carrots were prepared using fresh peas and perfectly cooked and expertly seasoned, Desserts are fantastic as well. Everything we had was top quality and expertly prepared. Prices are reasonable for the quality and portion size. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have never been disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013We have never been disappointed in Match. The food and the staff were excellent. The best restaurant in SONO, and one of the best in CT.Special Features:
- I aways like coming here.JLIPP3Dined on 5/13/2013I aways like coming here. Good, quality food at fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu-exceptional serviceRjfoodDined on 5/12/2013The menu had a nice mix of fresh, local dishes from the farm and the sea. All were crafted with a unique and flavorful presentation. There was a nice accompanyment of wine, beer and specialty cocktails. The dessert list was short but amaxing! The staff was professional and exteamely accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchHeatherDined on 5/12/2013They don't always have brunch, but when they do, it is fabulous. We were in on Mother's Day, and had an almost 3 hour, 3-course meal. At no point did we feel rushed, and everything brought out was fresh and fabulously prepared. We were even given a delicious donut as a take-away "gift".Special Features:
- Great brunch if its featuredOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/12/2013Went here for Mother's Day brunch with our 6 and 8 yr old kids. Food was delicious. The kids had the chocolate chip waffle and breakfast burrito (half each). I don't think they always have brunch however. Its worth checking in advance.Special Features:
- ConsistentBobbiVIPDined on 4/20/2013Great as always. Enough chicken for 2 so I had a great lunch the next day!Special Features:
- The ever changing menu allowsEKG1VIPDined on 4/20/2013The ever changing menu allows Match to be a regular in our restaurant rotation. Been going since they opened, food and service have been consistently outstanding. A rarity these days.Special Features:
- Loved the place very trendyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Loved the place very trendy and the food/drinks were great! I will be backSpecial Features:
- A Gem in So NoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013As someone who knows food and restaurants and lives in New York City, I lower my expectations sometimes when I travel out of town. My meal at Match was by far one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had in a long time. The meal was outstanding; the service great. The appetizers were awesome; had the bacon and mozzarella and the calamari. They were surprisingly spicy in a good way and were great. The pear salad was phenomenal. I had the swordfish, my date had the pork. Great great and great. Dessert was the gooey cookies and the apple cobbler. Both made fresh and the tastes were great. I am telling you there was no one negative in the whole experience.Special Features:
- My favorite Sono place! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/14/2013My favorite Sono place! Food is fabulous, pizza is great, Martini's are excellent. I ordered a Prosecco with dinner and was even given the mini bottle "extra"Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsCady9Dined on 4/6/2013One of my favorite restaurants in the area. I live close by, yet, it has been about a year since I last visited. While a few faces might have changed, the food and the service were exceptional as usual.Special Features:
- GREAT INNOVATIVE FOOD WITHOUTdissapointedDined on 4/5/2013GREAT INNOVATIVE FOOD WITHOUT ATTITUDE. NICE WINE LIST AND GOOD SERVOCE BY KNOWLEDGABLE WAITERS.Special Features: