Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match)
29 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.match65.com/
- Phone: 2127374400x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday to Friday from 11am to 4pm
DINNER: Monday to Sunday from 4pm to Midnight
BRUNCH: Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 4pm
DELIVERY: Same as above
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Steakhouse, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Banquet and Privare Dining Room for Breakfast, Week end Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail, Wines and Passed Hors D'oeuvres Reception are available. Delivery, Take Out and Catering are offered 7 Days a week from 10am to midnight. Personal wines are welcome (corkage fee may be applied).
- Private Party Facilities:
50 Seat down
80 Cocktails & passed hors d’oeuvres
FLAT SCREEN TV, Surround Sound
PRIX FIX: Available Upon Request
- Private Party Contact: Silvia Nordio at 2122496565x
- Entertainment: Entertainment is offered on special occasions and/or during Private Event (please inquire within).
- Special Events: Banquet and Privare Dining Room for Breakfast, Week end Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail, Wines and Passed Hors D'oeuvres Reception are available. Delivery, Take Out and Catering are offered 7 Days a week from 10am to midnight. Personal wines are welcome (corkage fee may be applied).
- Cross Street: Madison and Park Avenue
- Public Transit: 4-5-6 to 59 street or 67 street station
NR to fifth Avenue or 59 street station
F to 63 street station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: METERS on Madison Avenue
FREE PARKING on park Avenue
PAYING PARKING next door of the restaurant
A word from Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match)
Offering the French brasserie experience “without the attitude”, this UES “secret gem” draws an “elbow-to-elbow” Euro crowd into its “suave”, “fairly authentic Parisian” digs; “consistently well-prepared” classics at relatively “reasonable” rates and “amiable, competent” service complete the “pleasant” picture. Zagat 2013 ratings: 21-21-21Continued
Match 65 Brasserie is open non-stop 365 days until late
Match 65 Brasserie is open non-stop 365 days until late
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match) reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (14)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (10)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Perfect brunchMonacaroVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've been there to brunch after visiting exhibition in Withney museum, it was perfect!Special Features:
- Good place for lunchsissibeeDined on 9/6/2014Nice small French-style bistrot with à few alfresco tables and nice round indoor tables. Service was good and quick. Plates are plentiful. Perfect for lunch or a quick dinner with friends or children. Noise level is ok for New York.Special Features:
- one good french in nycexcelentDined on 8/26/2014very Nice good and cosie . we have godd appetizers and the fish was very fresh the wine good the price fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for BrunchJCOBDined on 8/18/2014I've been to Match 65 several times and my best experience by far was at brunch - both for the food and the ambiance. Our last visit was for my daughter's 25th birthday, and while my daughter and I both enjoyed our entrees and appetizers, both the husbands felt their entrees were lack-luster. The macaroni and cheese, in particular was nondescript according to my husband. My son-in-law had problems getting his drinks. Again, brunch for my daughter and I was fabulous both times we went. It was very convenient for the World Science Festival events at the Kaye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchNewYorkfoodie76Dined on 8/16/2014One of the best service and hamburger I ever had! Nice settings and cosy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excelent Food- Poor ServiceuppereastsidefoodieDined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent tasting and quality was increadible. The service was very very poor. We had to ask for bread for the table five times and when we received it had to ask a couple time for plates as well as some butter or olive oil to go with it. We had several different waiters and a long wait to take our drink orders. Our dessert came burnt (Nutella Crepes) and when asked to replace it they told us they were out of crepes. The manager came over and asked how everything was and we told him about the crepes. He brought us new ones that were not burnt. Do not appreciate the lie and the lack of energy to get us a non burnt dessert. Do not know if i would return due to the lack of service.Special Features:
- SWlwVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very noisy. Waitstaff unattentive. Disappointing.
- Great lunch spotlovesteak47Dined on 8/12/2014Very nice place for lunch. Good service and a nice choice of specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acolhedorjj2jDined on 8/7/2014Fomos muito bem recebidos. O garçom desde logo se mostrou muito simpático, oferecendo as especialidades da casa. Ao saber que escolheríamos algo do menu da Restaurant Week nos saldou, dizendo haver ótimas opçōes neste cardápio específico. A comida estava muito saborosa, e a apresentação impecável. Aqui ambiente, serviço e pratos bem elaborados formam um conjunto que certamente nos faz querer voltar à Match 65 em outra oportunidade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Restaurant Week DinnerchristineDined on 7/25/2014I brought my mom here when she was visiting me in NYC, and we both loved it. The ambiance was very mellow and relaxing, yet it also had an energetic vibe. We had an enjoyable dinner for Restaurant Week, and it was the perfect amount of food and nice blend of tastes. My mom was raving about it as we were leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parisian Oasis on the East SideFilleDeLaCiteDined on 7/23/2014Lovely lunch spot, especially if you arrive early and get to gaze around and feel yourself transported to the __ arrondissement comme tu veux. Menu is all a brasserie menu should be. Save room for dessert—délicieux!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- constantLuliVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great food I always order from them. However the 4th of july it was awful as the cook had left and they didn't see I had a reservation. The waitress was as rude as it gets. However, the manager was great and also the one server that helped the waitress. I given them 5 stars as I know the food well and it was just not good because the cook didn't do it rather the help boys
- The following 232 reviews are from the Match 65 Brasserie (formerly Paris Match) reviews archive.
- Tuna Tartare is heaven-sent!travellingcariVIPDined on 6/17/2014Love the presentation of it on the circular bed of avocado and the chili sauce with the calamari was delicious. Food was amazing, service was indifferent, at best. But good option for neighborhood.Special Features:
- Very very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014I took my out of town family to Match 65 Brassierie for a pre theater (Armory) dinner. Our server was patient while my grandson questioned every dish. Luckily he was thrilled with his choice - the chicken paillard. Other diners were equally excited by the macaroni & cheese, and the steak frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood placeMelissaMacKDined on 6/13/2014Good food but not exceptional. Service pleasant and efficient. Room very small and it can get loud but it does resemble a Paris brasserie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDougGVIPDined on 6/12/2014My wife and I stopped here for a rare night out. The food was really good. She had the rack of lamb - outstanding. I ordered the Red Snapper, a special that night, served in butter sauce with spinach - also, really exceptional. The service was average. Not terrible but not great. We both had crepes for dessert and they were very good. I would recommend this restaurant and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Charmng French BrasserieRussDined on 6/8/2014Good food, good wine and a good overall experience can be expected at Match 65. The French menu offers few surprises, but all the items we tried were well executed. At dinner, we enjoyed the Salade Lyonnaise, Salmon and Steak Tartare, as well as the Nutella crepe.Special Features:
- AverageLivingston314VIPDined on 6/8/2014Noisy, service this day was poor. Step up from the diner.
- fun brunchCulturevultureDined on 6/8/2014I spent a pleasant Sunday brunchtime sitting in the open, and had excellent crab cake and linguine, before visitng the ArmourySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionSuzeVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our first time dining here, and we were very happy with the waiter ans the food. My husband started with escargot, and I had a goat cheese salad. Both were great. Main dishes were steak frites and coq Au Vin, and again both were well presented and tasty. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- j2mdVIPDined on 6/5/2014One of the few restaurants in the area where it is possible to actually have a conversation. Big plus!Special Features:
- clynessDined on 6/3/2014Service was lovely. Mussels were particularly delicious! Very sweet place. Would return.
- PERFECTLY PLEASANTOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/19/2014HAD A LOVELY DINNER WITH A FRIEND WHO WORKS IN TEH NIEHGBORHOOD. YOU CAN TELL THE IMPROVEMENTS SINCE CHANGE OF MANAGEMENT OR OWNERSHIP ( not sure what was behind teh name change just guessing) Food was greatl improved as was service. no noise! which is hard to find these days. I had the filet mignon special and was greatly surpirsed with how great it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great East Side BistroSeltzeroneVIPDined on 5/17/2014Really nice bistro feel. Service was very good. Food has all good standbys. loved the burger. Will definitely go back. Casual, nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs more focus on the basics.BistroGalDined on 5/11/2014I had the Croque Monsieur, made the traditional way. The bechamel was served on the side and was ice cold. My side salad had huge pieces of lettuce, but was served in a howl so deep I couldn't cut it without making a mess. My son's calamari was tough and chewy. My husband's brioche French toast featured bread that was sliced way too thin. Our oysters on the half shell were opened and cleaned, but not shucked from the shell. Too bad there were so many minor things amiss during this meal. Atmosphere, service and location are great. But when we are dropping $170 on brunch, we want to feel as though a restaurant cares about the little details.
- Well priced for the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014We were looking for a nice but reasonably priced place to have a Mother's Day celebration on Saturday near the central park zoo. Our party of 8 was seated promptly. Service started out efficiently, but at the end we had a hard time getting our table cleared and dessert menus delivered; the restaurant was full and our server was obviously very busy. The food was very good - a nice Saturday brunch selection, however the wine list has very few mid-priced options. The only compliant I had was that I ordered scrambled eggs and a french fries for my 21 mo old daughter. I was specific on who the dish was for and that the portion should be small. It came out in an adult size for which I was charged $18. That said, we would go there again.Special Features:
- VERY NICErbocaVIPDined on 5/9/2014We found restaurant on Open Table, while in the neighborhood. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Felt like being in Paris....PinaVIPDined on 5/4/2014We went here for brunch with a group of friends and their children. The ambience was beautiful, felt like being in a Bistro in Paris. The service was remarkable, the waiters were so attentive and helpful. The food...delicious. We all ordered various things so we got to taste a bit of everything, perfection. Exceptional wine list, we had a lovely Sancerre. Would return and have recommended it to many friends. love love love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but Service Not So MuchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Food, decor and ambiance all very good - but at every stage - getting menus, water, drinks, desert, coffee, bill - we had to flag down inattentive wait staff.
- Quite niceLizzieDined on 4/23/2014A French bistro which lives up to your expectations. Excellent service. No music :). Delicious food and most accomadating. We will be going back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find on East 65th StreetSammyGirlVIPDined on 3/22/2014I'm very picky about my food and restaurants. I had dinner with a friend this past Saturday night and we have a lovely evening. The food was very good and the menu has a nice selection. My friend and I lingered over coffee and desert and no one bothered us. I look forward to another meal at Match 65 Brasserie - maybe brunch!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/15/2014Great neighborhood French brasserie. Service is a little slow when they have a full dining room, which is often.Special Features:
- neighborhood comfortOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/13/2014comfort food , always consistently good. Owner very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This cozy little restaurantemilVIPDined on 3/1/2014This cozy little restaurant has great atmosphere, feels like a little French bistro. Delicious food as well, we had the mussels as well as teh Coq au Vin, both were very flavorful and cooked well. A great date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Paris in nySashaDined on 2/27/2014Surprisingly good food. Very authentic and made me feel as if we had just returned to Paris. The service was very good and I would certainly return. It seemed to be very well known by locals.Special Features:
- A Wonderful SurpriseDaveDined on 2/21/2014Our dinner at Match 65 was everything we could've hoped for from a brasserie experience. The menu has many excellent choices, both traditional and unexpected. The food was delicious, the wine list just right and our service from Monica was friendly and helpful. Match 65 is a new addition to my NYC "go to" list. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and atmospherekoolkey76Dined on 2/21/2014I loved the food, thought it was cute for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindtravelerDined on 2/20/2014Good French style food in a Bistro like atmosphere.Special Features:
- Family dinnersouthamptonVIPDined on 2/9/2014We go to Match 65 with our teenage kids and their friends. Everyone finds something they love and price is right for what we hadSpecial Features:
- Met an out of town friendcatnipDined on 2/7/2014Met an out of town friend for lunch...crowded, a little loud. Service was excellent. Fast, not pushy. Felt relaxed. food: Pate and a tuna tarter, and a GIANT chicken salad...everything was perfect. Tuna tarter can be a snooze but this was great.Tuna on a bed of wasabi and???..rally nice. Great lunch place...will try for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.