110 North Wayne Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matadorrestaurante.com/
- Phone: (610) 688-6282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Saturday 11:00am-2:00am
Sunday: Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm, Dinner- 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar Open til 2am every night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mexican, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Matthew Pressler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Flamenco dancers every second Saturday of the month. Check out our Facebook or website for up to date information.
- Special Events: Monthly wine tastings, wine dinners, tequila tastings and tequila dinners. Please check our website for up to date information.
A word from Matador
Matador is a tapas style restaurant featuring authentic Spanish and Mexican cuisine created by Chef Matthew Pressler. Providing a unique combination of outstanding food and drinks in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We have created a sophisticated space with a relaxed feel, an old world ambiance with modern touches that transports you when you walk through the door. Come in for lunch or dinner and taste our authentic small plates or our specialty entrees. Superb wine list of over 100 bottles. The areas premier and largest selection of tequilas. Now with more than 120 types of fine Tequila and Mescals, all served in the finest Reidel Tequila glassware. Try many of our fun specialty margaritas and signature cocktails. Matador is also a great place to spend your Happy Hour with free tapas. Come relax with a date or a group of friends for any occasion or special event and enjoy the great food. Also a great place to enjoy something to sip and nibble on before or after catching a movie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Matador - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
Matador reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Overall good experience. TheEatTooMuchDined on 1/4/2014Overall good experience. The restaurant called twice to confirm reservation and we were seated promptly when we arrived. Our waiter was helpful and knowledgeable, offering a few suggestions on drinks/appetizers and was able to accommodate a few dietary restrictions of our party. The food was good and I would return, but didn’t leave with a strong craving for anything in particular on the menu. I would still recommend this place for a lunch or dinner or even a quick drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Thumbs UpKit2Dined on 12/31/2013Great New Year's Eve dinner and drinks with friends. Our waiter was very helpful and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerlynnralphieDined on 12/22/2013Made an open table reservation. Advised in note it was a birthday. No greeter or host server haphazardly assigned tables. We ended uo in bar despite asking to go upstairs. No one had read note or cared. Waitress not only did not suggest plates or specials she failed to tell us the crab quesidllas were horrible and she didnt like them either. When we didn't eat it. She should have immediately brought a substitute. When we got to desert..I mentioned my birthday she said happy birthday but no offer to bring/comp a desert. Meal was Very mediocre. Highlights were grilled shrimp, lobster, tres leche cake. The rest was really average and therefore overpriced. Would not return or recommend. Go to O'Toro for small plates!
- OverpricedfrenlyfelloDined on 12/16/2013The food was nothing I couldn't get at an authentic Mexican restaurant for a fourth of the price. Sat down at the bar while happy hour was still happening, however the bartender didn't get my drink prior to the end of happy hour and ended up charging me the full price. Neither will I be recommending this restaurant to anyone nor will I return.
- Best Brunch EverMrsGravesVIPDined on 12/15/2013I am definitely a foodie and a brunch person. I love trying new things and was excited to come to Matador. I came with my mom who had been here before and raved about it. We had the stuffed French toast with the orange mascarpone...sooooo good! I also had the steak and eggs w/ home fries. Everything was cooked to perfection; the steak was very tender. The flavors and spices were a party in my mouth. I also got the chance to meet the manager who is a VERY nice man. He visited our table and stuck around just to have general conversation. I can't wait to take the hubby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaysoandsoDined on 11/22/2013Guacamole bland; tortilla soup far from authentic; other dishes, e.g., fajitas okay. Waiter didn't understand that we wanted tea with dessert. Tres leches best part of meal.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2013While the decor is interesting, the food is far below average.
- Our waiter gave us severalRandykDined on 11/10/2013Our waiter gave us several recommendations and we did like her choices but everything we had was very good. I particularly liked the fried goat cheese with honey and carmelized onions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this was the fourth time ifoodieVIPDined on 11/10/2013this was the fourth time i have been to matador and was disappointed with the food-it just didn't compare to the previous times i had been there and i don't think i would go again
- Excellent experience! FoodSuzyTBakerVIPDined on 10/23/2013Excellent experience! Food was fantasic; I recommend the mushrooms in truffle oil tapas. The service was terrific. The server gave us great recommendations and was spot on with her choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night outLarkDined on 10/18/2013My husband and I had a nice dinner at matador. The salads we started off with were excellent. We chose 4 tapas to share. They were all nicely presented. The plates by the way are colorful and fun! The tapas were very good, nice taste changes from our usual American foodSpecial Features:
- Left wondering!ChickieDined on 9/5/2013This was my second visit to Matador. First time was very pleasant. This time, not so! We were seated at a table adjacent to a party of ten. We were three. The second floor was empty. We moved to the window area. The waiter was unable to articulate the description of the menu items and when the selections arrived, we were very disappointed. They looked like an afterthought. The best thing we ordered was the Sangria. It was very good. Coffee was stale and lukewarm, the dessert (fried dough) were passable. Won't be returning.
- Fun FindCoachDined on 8/29/2013Matador was a terrific after movie spot in Wayne. There is outside dining as well as upstairs and main floor dining inside. Our experience was enhanced by a GREAT waitress who quickly took our drink orders and told us about the daily specials. All four of us ordered different dishes and all were good. I would put Matador right at the top of my list of local go-to restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingbobsmojoVIPDined on 8/21/2013This was my first time at the Matador. I had heard they made their guacomoli right your table - and the do - however it was basically a girl squashing up 2 avovados and squeezing a lime while mixing...that was it....not too inspired. We tried 4 small dishes and they were OK, but not great. They do have a great tequila and wine selection. Overall, my expectation was higher than my experience, and I doubt I'll return as there are numerous other better places.
- Great for a relaxed sceneERF123Dined on 8/14/2013Great for a relaxed scene on a week day in town. Food came out fast and server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013Food was great. Service was very slow despite that it was not busy. Waiter did not tell us the specials or make any recommendations and seemed generally unorganized. We ordered our own drinks directly from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat outside, was nice albeitlykeagoodmealDined on 7/29/2013We sat outside, was nice albeit a bit busy with sidewalk traffic. Food was good and came out quickly. Look forward to stopping back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend and I came hereSallen99VIPDined on 7/14/2013My girlfriend and I came here for dinner and drinks. The drinks were fantastic. She had a classic mojito and the Diablo, and I had a draft beer and a jalapeño-infused drink. They were great. I would come back for the bar. Dinner was not as impressive. Thankfully someone recommended the guacamole, which was creamy and delicious. The champiñones con verde (mushrooms) were also great. She ordered the garbanzos con espinaca (chickpeas three ways with spinach). It tasted gross and we would NOT recommend. I ordered gambas a la blancha. The aioli was not appetizing. I would not return for dinner at Matador. 2/4 plates were left uneaten. I might go back for drinks and snacks.Special Features:
- Little portions, BIG pricesLoLoVIPDined on 7/3/2013All our dishes were delicious but after you have had 3-4 dishes each, and diet cokes, and walk away with a bill of $85/couple, you realize this was not just a "let's meet for a casual dinner" place but an expensive proposition. That price was without alcohol and without dessert! We've decided too much money for too little. And the food comes at you so quickly that you feel that your table has already been assigned to someone else!Special Features:
- Glad I tried it.MikeDined on 6/26/2013We had a great time. Food was very good. Service was attentive. Margaritas were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidBYOBUPDined on 6/21/2013The stuffed peppers were great, Flatbread was weak, Guac was amazing, and the drinks were not that good. I recommend going there and getting the stuffed peppers and Guac and an M-Rita or Mojito. The specialty drinks were not good at all and the Flatbread meals were not that great due to the dough. Almost seemed like a store bought piece of Indian Naan. I'll go back and now I know what to order.
- Good ExperienceTonyVIPDined on 6/21/2013What a great restaurant in Wayne. Hostess was professional, happy to be at work and very accommodating. Prompt service. Lunch and dessert was small but at the same time filling. Ordered Chicken Enchiladas and sorbet, it is hours later and still full. Will be back to this new find.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One thing is better than the nextOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2013If you love unique food with fresh simple favors thi is your place.Special Features:
- Horrible expereiencepatrickDined on 6/8/2013Let's see..15 minutes before we had water..40 minutes before our cocktails were delivered (after 3 requests)...two tapas dishes ordered and never served..Pitcher of Sangria never came becuse they ran out of pitchers... 4 separate apologies by the waiter who said he would speak to the manager about an adjustment..not one word from the manager. Stay away from this establishment.
- great tapas foodltd58VIPDined on 6/6/2013Had a great birthday celebration here. Lots of great tapas selections and our waiter had a lot of good suggestions which were delicious. Had a variety of seafood (crab, lobster) as well as pork, steak and chicken tapas that were all great wit interesting sauces. Was a bit pricey but a good place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not That GoodGemNoMoreVIPDined on 6/5/2013Looked good from the outside. Food was subpar and tapas were overpriced. Some places just do noit get want tapas are supposed to be. There are small plates of something but you cannot charge $12 to $14 for tapas. At that point, they are appetizers and portions shouls be bigger. Some restaurants try but just cannot get the right formula of size and price. Of course, the food lacked flavor, so didn't matter anyway. Outdoor seating is terrible. Four two top tables are so close together the servers cannot even get to inside tables. They need to take two of those comepletely away. Too close to others, patrons bang chairs, so close you could pick food off the table next to you. Would not go again.............not that good!Special Features:
- Food Fab Portions eh...EsterBunnyDined on 5/27/2013The food was fabulous, flavorful and unique. Unfortunately, the tapas portions barely gave 1 a taste let alone share. The salad portions were small as well. The desserts and sangria were delicious and right sized. Not sure about a meal here again, but happy hour after the nightly train ride would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delish! Great food, FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2013delish! Great food, Fresh guacamole made table side! Excellent restaurant, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2013Food was great, some options too rich with butter and/oil but still very tasty. Waitress was great, timely and not obtrusive, and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The guacamole had very littleMyraAOVIPDined on 5/20/2013The guacamole had very little flavor. It was more like just mashed avocado. The calamari was tastey but too salty. The flan was a bit heavy. I was expecting better.
- EhhOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013I've been here 3 times now- twice for dinner. Food is ok; service is good. I've always left hungry. It's difficult in a group to gauge how much food is enough- I guess? A couple only dinner may yield better results.Special Features:
- Great place for Mexican farewsm314VIPDined on 5/13/2013We totally enjoyed our dinner here! It was a weeknight, so it was fairly quiet, although the bar area was lively. We enjoyed trying different entrees from the tapas menu. The waitress was very helpful & attentive, the food came out in perfect time. Food was great! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/12/2013We celebrated Mother's Day at the Matador and it was our first time at the restaurant. Our time there was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our server, Matt, was very knowledgeable about the menu and his suggestions were spot on! My six yearold exclaimed that it was his favorite restaurant. The guacamole prepared at the table was great too. Great food, great service. We will be back. A must to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic FailOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013Service was awful. If you don't like your table, you cannot ask to switch tables as they are already assigned and the hostess is not able to change the assignments. Food was OK until our chicken on skewers came out PINK. They took the chicken back but didn't seem to care. My margarita was like water. If you want Tapas, go elsewhere. If you're in Wayne, go to Theresa's or Christophers.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013Great food, beautiful restaurant, amazing ambiance and night scene, a must go place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2013The food was very good and the seriice was great. We are from out of town so we probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Authentic and spot on!JB22VIPDined on 3/29/2013Food is fresh and is spot on authentic. If you want to taste fresh, true Mexican delights - pop in any day they're open for a great lunch, dinner or late night snack!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Very enjoyable experience. Food was superb, but a little slow getting to us. Even so, not an inconvenience because when it arrived it was hot and delicious. We would definitely recommend Matador.Special Features:
- our waitress was not onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2013our waitress was not only cute & fun but also quite knowledgable! food was great...the philosophy behind the Spanish tapas scene has been speeded up for American life but slowing down to enjoy this gem is quite worthwhile!Special Features:
- This was my first time atSuzyTBakerVIPDined on 2/26/2013This was my first time at the Matador. I have to say that I was very happy with the experience. The food was delious. My friend and I had the Tapas. We each ordered 3 different tapas and shared. I highly recommend the wild mushroom tapas; it was excellent! I will say that the service was good except that the waitress was a bit frazzled. She made it known to us that she was the only waitress on for the lunch crowd. Not really what a diner wants to hear as they are sitting down to a meal!The restaurant was nicely decorated. One bit of advice about the parking: bring quarters for the meters as this is the only parking available.Special Features: