Masu Sushi & Robata - Mall of America
344 South Ave
Bloomington, MN 55425Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Masu Sushi & Robata - Mall of America
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://masusushiandrobata.com/
- Phone: 9528966278
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Kai Phanthavong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Masu Sushi & Robata - Mall of America
Classic Japanese cuisine in a fun, modern neighborhood restaurant. Our menu features fresh, authentic and traditional Japanese foods. In addition to sushi and robata, the menu includes a substantial selection of noodles including different varieties of udon, soba and ramenContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Masu Sushi & Robata - Mall of America reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent sushi and noodlescampbfhDined on 5/31/2013Excellent sushi and noodles. Great sake menu. Limited children's options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!ShellheadDined on 5/25/2013The food is always good at Masu and this time, the service matched the meal - our waitress was attentive and paid attention to our needs and brought us delicious food along the way. I loved the steamed buns and the Masu rolls are a must-have.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceKermitDined on 5/23/2013After learning our evening flight was cancelled, we decided to spend the night at the Mall of America. We looked for a sushi place and, after reading reviews for Masu, I made an open-table reservation. Our server made great recommendations as we didn't really know most of the food on the menu. The food tasted fantastic and service was great. If we go back to the mall, we will eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I felt the items we ordereddisappointedDined on 5/12/2013I felt the items we ordered were very overpriced and mediocre. Ramen was way overpriced and not good. I probably will not return.
- We absolutely love this place.MNNiceguyVIPDined on 4/21/2013We absolutely love this place. Best sushi in the area hands down.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013The food and service were fantastic! However, our server didn't preset the table so when our starters arrived we had to flag down the server for napkins and chopsticks. Then when our main courses came, we had to flag the server down again to get a spoon for our ramen. It's torturous having your food in front of you and then having to wait for place settings before you can eat it.Special Features:
- Even with a reservation hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2013Even with a reservation had to wait just as long as another party who had just walked up. Servers admitted they were working short staffed that evening. Food was so so. Bowl of ramen not worth the $12 price tag. Surprised to be served water with no ice.
- Mushy & tastelessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013This was a disappointing dining experience for us. We ordered several different types of sashimi and rolls. The sashimi was sliced entirely too thick and the fish was mushy. The rice in the rolls was overcooked and each of the different rolls tasted virtually identical and were rather tasteless. We eat sushi a couple times monthly and we will not be going back to this establishment.
- High Quality "Fast food" styleWizzleVIPDined on 3/16/2013Given the menu price, I would say that the food tastes okay. I like the rolls. It is not filled with too much rice and the tuna inside and out is fresh. The noodle is just so so because of the broth. Seating is quite tight there because there are lots of people and the restaurant is quite small. I would recommend people to go there if they do want to have a casual meal.
- Really pricey, but great food!jodiVIPDined on 2/25/2013The food here is so good! It is really just small plates including sushi, grilled items, several different types of noodles. The Korean short ribs with Kim Chi were favorites with my 10 year-olds as were the bacon and quail egg Robata skewers. I really loved everything I tried and we tried a lot of things. The food is served family style and it is brought out as it is ready, so there is a constant stream of food to the table. We really loved it, but it is extremely pricey. Most Japanese places are, but we spent over a hundred dollars for lunch for myself and two 10 year-olds with beverages and tip (no alcohol). That's a bit high for a regular place, so this will have to be a special occasion place for us. The service was great!Special Features:
- Fine for the Mall of AmericamcwhatDined on 2/15/2013Our service was excellent. The server was attentive, but not overly so. He was also very knowledgable and offered recommendations. The food was okay. We ordered edamame (very good), spring rolls (very good), tonkatsu curry ramen (good), ebi (mediocre), and the hotate (mediocre). And of course the Sappora was delicious. We were going to a movie at the Mall of America, otherwise I would not at the mall. Overall, okay. Not itching to go back.
- It was valentines day so I'llOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was valentines day so I'll give them a break but it was hard to enjoy the night out when we basically ate separately. I had ramen and by the time I was finishing she was getting her sushi. I tried to wait but my ramen was getting cold. Again, it was valentines day, but there shouldn't be a 45 minute gap in between diners main dishes being served.Special Features:
- Food was average and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Food was average and service was extremely slow. Server was very friendly.
- Our Favorite Sushi Spothoppe136Dined on 2/14/2013My partner/husband and I love Masu. We are huge sushi fans and ever since we moved back to the Twin Cities, we have been in love with Masu. Everything we have tried has been wonderful. Just remember to be patient with the servers. The last time we were there was on Valentine's Day, so it was pretty busy, but if you are nice and patient, the service is great. Recommendations: Ginger Duck Gyoza (Izakaya-Hot), Spicy Tuna Roll (Futomaki), Crunchy Spicy Salmon (Uramaki), Dynamite Roll (Futomaki)Special Features:
- Food quality was very goodLightrailfoodiesDined on 2/13/2013Food quality was very good and tasty. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- My only complaint really isspot8hereDined on 2/8/2013My only complaint really is that it took our server several minutes to even greet us. After that, though, things improved. We received an appropriate amount of attention, and the food was excellent. Definitely will be going back!
- Sushi was fair nothing spectacular.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Sushi was fair nothing spectacular. Robata was very good, I would recommend the bacon and quail egg! The noodle dishes were very good. Overall it was a good evening and service was great.
- I loved the Japanese theme,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I loved the Japanese theme, it's always been my favorite. Love the vibe there, very lively, food is outstanding and delicious. The booths are my favorite to sit and very comfortable. Loved the udon noodles, and shrimp tempura. Service was great and food was affordable.Special Features:
- I ordered the dynamite roll,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2012I ordered the dynamite roll, rainbow roll, BLT roll and chicken meat balls. The food was all very clean tasting. Dynamite roll, as the name may imply was a bit spicy but not too much. The BLT roll had salmon skin instead of bacon, but it too was fresh. The chicken meat balls were small and on a skewer. Each was the size of a gumdrop and an order comes with 3. It's a finger food. Tasted good but was small. It was crowded and as a result, service could have been a bit quicker, but it was certainly not excruciatingly slow. I would go back.Special Features:
- Sushi of the GodsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012Our sushi and sake experience was one of the best (if not the best) that we have had! Actually, we were taken care of so well, that it was our best restaurant experience period. John and Sous Chef JJ were most gracious hosts and they served up some of the tastiest (and fun) food and drink. We are planning on a trip back there next week with some friends. A great place for couples, friends, groups or even solo. Yes, it is in the MOA, but don't let that stop you. They also have their original shop in Minneapolis if the MOA gives you the hives. I recommend Masu if you want really good and really fresh sushi. The staff cares about doing a great job and it shows!Special Features:
- Good joint. Mochi is mandatory.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012This was my first visit to Masu. The sushi and sake were good. The Japanese cucumber salad and nuki-man were great. The robata was a little overcooked but still good. The mochi was amazing. The vibe was cool and service was very good. Overall, a good night and a recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- Great variety of appetizers, drinksTry2dineVIPDined on 12/8/2012Restaurants trends come and go within the first few years of opening. Sadly Masu Sushi & Robata - Mall of America is a gem that will not be around long…Looking out the front door of Masu Sushi & Robata I see how busy the all too typical franchise restaurant is and note the amount of people standing around waiting for a seat for the same food we are sitting down and enjoying. Will a great review from me help? Who knows..Anyways..We sat near the bar great atmosphere found a great variety of appetizers and drink specials on the menu and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Food was excellent and I feel it was well worth getting out of the lines and waiting at the franchise restaurant is next door…Special Features: