Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
73405 El Paseo Dr. #120
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7607766777x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joshua Tajchman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Greene 7607766777x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)vibrant bar scene (87)romantic (72)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (58)hot spot (57)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (32)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not a typical MastrosNickieVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have been going to the Mastros in Beverly Hills for years now and even have been to the new one in Malibu, and the Palm Desert one does not compare. The food is unquestionably amazing but the noise level was ridiculous. The combination of live music, bad acoustics, extremely busy bar, and a couple of tables near me that decided that yelling across the room was appropriate. This is Mastros, a well known, high class restaurant. Who does that? Our service also lacked which was surprising. The waiter, though very nice, was quite slow and inattentive. Sadly, I have to say that I was quite disappointed and shocked that I had an experience like this at one of my very favorite steakhouse chains.Special Features:
- The Best Steakhouse in So. Cal.FooddetectiveVIPDined on 10/18/2014If you have not visited a Mastro's Steakhouse, then you have not had steak. All USDA Prime beef, all cuts, and absolutely cooked and seasoned to perfection, and I mean perfection. Wonderful sea food menu, family style sides that can easily be shared by 3 or 4. The shrimp cocktail is just outstanding, served with 3 jumbo shrimp but you can add extra to order. The steaks are easily large enough to split with another. And the grand finale' extraordinaire is their Butter Cake, it is off the hook wonderful, served with a huge scoop of vanilla ice-cream and a side of house made whipped cream. The bars of each Mastro's are quite impressive (one look and you will know what I mean) and they serve all martinis in large shakers w/plenty to refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak…but...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014No question that the steaks are great at Mastro's. But, the dining room lacked intimacy even though it was small and it seemed too far from the action, like the fun group was in the other room. Also, $17 for a salad that had wilted iceberg lettuce is a crime. While the service was attentive (sometimes too attentive) our waitress was over the top, coming off as a little fake and overly friendly. It's expensive, and I'm wondering if it's really worth the money.Special Features:
- Is it possible? At a Masto's?!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Love Mastro's, disappointed in Palm Desert. Been to Thousand Oaks/Beverly Hills/Malibu, nothing but great experiences/meals at those three; this one is NOT UP TO SNUFF. We both ordered the same steak "medium rare"; one was "medium rare", the other "medium well" - at a Mastro's?!! I was given a song and dance about human error and was educated about how some steaks are cut from a different part of the tenderloin, and.. blah, blah, blah; at a Mastro's?!! They comped me a dessert - but I'm a diabetic, left it on my plate. I went there for a delicious steak and didn’t get one. Palm Desert staff should dine at other Mastro's to see what excellence is expected by recurring diners. I mean.. how does a steak chef mess up a filet, at a Mastro's?!!Special Features:
- worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014There are good to great steak houses in the desert....but none any better. The service is prompt but never rushed.Special Features:
- DisappointedBr00klyn102Dined on 10/15/2014A drink other than what I ordered was brought to me, and 10 mins later replaced. My husband ordered his steak medium rare, and I ordered mine medium. They were reversed. Overall disappointing considering it is somewhere we hold expectations in such a high regard, especially when it is somewhere we ONLY go to for special occasions, this time our 1st anniversary. And with my steak being wrong, my husband had finished his dinner before I got my corrected version. Not the most romantic dining experience for such a special event. Fail.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!hatrac35VIPDined on 10/15/2014I can't say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. The service is exceptional and all the servers are extremely knowledgable about the menu. I always start with the Dungeness crab cocktail that's out of this world! This time I added two shrimp to the crab cocktail and they were HUGE and wonderfully flavored. For my entree I ordered the salmon blackened with Cajun seasoning and it was prepared perfectly! IF I had to say anything negative it would be the salmon wasn't as big of a serving as I'm used to expecting from mastro's and other steak houses. For a side I ordered the roasted Brussel sprouts which were simply prepared with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Overall another exceptional experience at Mastro's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeDrMooNDined on 10/14/2014Good foods & nice wine with great services One of the best restaurant in the valley.Special Features:
- Delicious but not the best valueMichelleDMDined on 10/10/2014Our dining experience at Mastro's was superb. Excellent wine list, delicious food, perfect service. Pricey menu, but we would return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service & foodPeninsulaDined on 10/9/2014What a great evening! We were celebrating our anniversary and EVERYONE was so gracious and friendly. The service was excellent and our server was "beyond compare". The food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UversaceDined on 10/8/2014I had a great birthday party, great music, amazing food and ambiance. Masteos always my first choice!Special Features:
- DrGarylilo42VIPDined on 10/8/2014Amazing in every way! The girls @ the front desk, servers bussers & the food all exceptional! Our favorite week end find! Michael, Noe, Rebecca , & Natalie are the best at running Mastro's in a top notch manner! Lilo CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth it!MaestrosDined on 10/7/2014Attentive but not overbearing service. Food is a la carte but that is true of steakhouses in general. The portions are large so side dishes can be shared. They had live music in the bar area on a weeknight which is rare. The music was not loud but could be enjoyed while dining there. Tables in bar area were just as nice as rest of restaurant! Lighting was soft enough to be romantic but bright enough to read the menu. Shrimp cocktail served on dry ice was excellent with jumbo yet tender shrimp and a.n "atomic" horseradish sauce as well as regular cocktail sauce. Not a restaurant for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's Steakhouse is the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Went to Mastro's on a Monday night to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Went to the bar for a drink before being seated for dinner and ended up having so much fun at the bar we stayed and had dinner right there. The food was perfect from the appetizer all the way through to the desert. The bone-in filet was mouth-watering as was the mac & cheese and the butter cake. I'll order the bone-in filet next time I go, it was that good, but will probably try other sides since everything on the menu looks fantastic. Mallory, our bartender was awesome. Made the best specialty drinks and had a great, witty personality. Everyone at Mastro's was great, including the entertainment in the bar. We will definitely be returning...and soon!Special Features:
- Give it averageJewelsDined on 10/6/2014Very ordinary not outstanding like other Mastros friendly but service was not goodSpecial Features:
- MimiVIPDined on 10/3/2014The service was excellent. The live entertainment helped creates great atmosphere. The veggies and meat were too greasy an the salad was drowning in dressing.
- Great summer specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I took advantage of the summer special which was a great deal! They bring the food out on a sizzling hot plate - so unfortunately, my petite filet ended up over cooked an dry ;-( Everything else was great and made form good leftovers for lunch.Special Features:
- ExcellentRanger937VIPDined on 9/22/2014Mastro's were offering their Summer Price Fixe menu for $55. Was a great value and our meal was excellent.Special Features:
- Rock starsRockstarsDined on 9/21/2014This place is spot on service and food. But be ready to pay for it. Well worth the $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnergeticWoodhavenDuoDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed celebrating our 30th anniversary this past July and brought a friend with us this time. We had talked about how amazing our dinner and evening was and he couldn't wait to join us for dinner. The night was wonderful again due to the amazing food, service, drinks, music and friendly patrons in the bar. It was a lot of fun and very enjoyable and will continue to recommend to friends and family!Special Features:
- Special OccasionDISHfanDined on 9/20/2014Definitely a special occasion restaurant. Dining experience was great and food was outstanding. Always enjoy eating there.Special Features:
- Mastro's for Special OccasionsDebFDined on 9/16/2014For our first visit and anniversary celebration the customer service exceeded our expectations. It started with our initial greeting from the hostess and continued with the wait staff. It didn't stop there because the next day they called my cell phone to thank us for celebrating and dining with them. You rarely see this type of customer service today. The food was very delicious and the special celebration dessert they make you topped the charts. We posted a photo of our celebration dessert on FaceBook for our friends and let them know that we had an amazing experience at Mastro's. We'll definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better the first time we camelikeitcookedDined on 9/15/2014The service was good. My porterhouse steak was cooked just right but very undersized compared to the last visit. My guest ordered the pork loin. It was raw in the middle and had to be sent back. I was ok after it came back. They brought if back on a new plate but kept the scalloped patatoes that were on the plate. The iceberg wedge was the best item that night. For the price, we would expect a lot more that we got.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal in the desertKwbearDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy Mastro's everyplace we have eaten at one all over the country. This one on El Paseo is a happening bar scene, it's a bit loud for fine dining for my taste but not a deal breaker and I will def. go again. The summer special that consisted of a salad/app. Main course, two sides and dessert was a great deal, all for $55. And $10 cosmos... A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak dinnerSolvangDined on 9/13/2014The tomohawk steak was split by both of us and wow! It came out still sizzling on the plate and was massive looking. We dug in and were not disappointed. Then for desert we had the pecan alamode.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor compared to previous visitfood4thoughtDined on 9/13/2014Our dining experience left us wanting more. We went for our 10 yr anniversary and felt like we were somewhat ignored. We had a wonderful experience last yr for a B-day celebration so we know what it could have been. We were so disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice Celebration DinnerDandAfabdiningDined on 9/12/2014A group of friends and I went for dinner to celebrate recent professional advancements. They ordered off of the prix fix menu and I had the sea bass. Everything was cooked perfectly and the sides of brussel sprouts and creamed spinach were tasty. Good wine, lots to choose from for every palate and price range. The signature dessert, Buttercake, was so yummy and the creme brulee was excellent! The bar had live music, but was on the louder side, so we opted to dine in the nearby dining area where we could still enjoy the music, but carry on a conversation without having to shout. I would love to return the next time I visit Palm Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to visit!TemeculaBenDined on 9/12/2014Atmosphere was great with band playing in the bar but it wasn't too loud in the dining room. Service is superb and the food is amazing. Will be back many timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great and the foodjlinindioDined on 9/12/2014the summer $55 special was a good deal arrived early and had fun at the bar the server remembered us from a month ago-and was very friendly and efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What more can we say?????MichaelDined on 9/5/2014Mastro's has outdone itself again and again and again! The steaks were excellent! The service was beyond excellent! The desserts are to die for........sadly I'm so full from dinner that I can't truly gorge myself with buttercake!!!! The sad part?? I have to drive or fly 423 miles from Santa Cruz CA to enjoy this type of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Elegancecarebear9577Dined on 8/31/2014Mastros is very classy, very elegant and very high end yet layed back at the same time. The bar was rather packed. Lots of people and a small band playing. Great wine and cocktail list. Lots of food options to choose from. A very typical steakhouse. Personally, I've had better steaks elsewhere. These steaks are grassfed. I do NOT prefer that. I feel like the meat tastes like the grains/grass the cow ate. That's just not my preference. Everyting else was pretty amazing though!Special Features:
- Never disappointsmaestDined on 8/31/2014Once again, this restaurant is consistently great with outstanding food and service. The bone in fillet is the new favorite of our party each time - worth the extra $. No matter how busy they are (and they always are), you are never made to feel rushed. Continues to be the best spot in the valley.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Amazing food and service. Waiters were awesome. Pre fix menu is an amazing value for what you get. Overall excellent night. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 SteakHouselilo42VIPDined on 8/30/2014Mastro's in Palm Desert is one of our favorite restaurants. We feel everyone is cognizant & pays great attention to detail, all food & their customers. From the girls who greet you @ the door, waitresses, bussers, bar-tender, musicians, & last but not least the GM Michael Martinez along with Rebecca-Natalie-Noe Mgrs. Our food has always been cooked to perfection! Kudos to the chef. Thank you, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Our server, Eddie, was the best we've ever had!! The food was good, as usual, but the service we had made the whole evening just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Onion SoupDesertDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant takes good care of you from moment you walk through the doors. The service is equal to the food preparation: excellent A bit on the pricy side but quality requires that. The best onion soup I've had, great steaks, and a romantic place to bring someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jlinindioDined on 8/28/2014great new restaurant in the desert service was excellent will be going back again food was great no problemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014The food was excellent and prepared properly. The service was outstanding. We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Better than expected!YorkshireRoseDined on 8/26/2014No wait, fantastic food, great ambiance, OTT service, absolutely loved it! Didn't expect the bar to be as fun and lively as it was, would come back just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestDesertDivaRLPCCDined on 8/22/2014Happy Hour to dining. Always the best! Love the warm Butter Cake and whipped cream. It's awesome.Special Features: