Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
73405 El Paseo Dr. #120
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7607766777x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joshua Tajchman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Greene 7607766777x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)vibrant bar scene (112)romantic (81)notable wine list (74)fit for foodies (67)hot spot (65)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/31/2014Once again, this restaurant is consistently great with outstanding food and service. The bone in fillet is the new favorite of our party each time - worth the extra $. No matter how busy they are (and they always are), you are never made to feel rushed. Continues to be the best spot in the valley.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Amazing food and service. Waiters were awesome. Pre fix menu is an amazing value for what you get. Overall excellent night. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Our server, Eddie, was the best we've ever had!! The food was good, as usual, but the service we had made the whole evening just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Onion SoupOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant takes good care of you from moment you walk through the doors. The service is equal to the food preparation: excellent A bit on the pricy side but quality requires that. The best onion soup I've had, great steaks, and a romantic place to bring someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014The food was excellent and prepared properly. The service was outstanding. We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- The BestDesertDivaRLPCCDined on 8/22/2014Happy Hour to dining. Always the best! Love the warm Butter Cake and whipped cream. It's awesome.Special Features:
- RiriDined on 8/22/2014Brussel spouts undercooked, asparagus overcooked, filet not seasoned properly. It may be this Mastro's that isn't up to par as friends have said they has great food.
- food was great, live band awesomeEnglishmanDined on 8/18/2014the staff was very nice and professionals well as the manager coming over to check on "things". We celebrated my wives b-day and the staff made her feel so happy. We also thought we were listening to the radio, but in fact it was the live band.(The Trebles). incredible evening and can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatheticDesireeinpsVIPDined on 8/17/2014Can't cook a steak if a gun was to their head. I'm not usually someone who gives a third chance let alone fourth and fifth. I love this place for the bar and the butter cake and usually the service. This night I was so disgusted I couldn't even eat the butter cake I just has to leave before I embarrassed my husband. The entertainment is awesome and mostly so is the service. I'll stick to cocktails until they can find a broiler that can cook a steak as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicesandy0309Dined on 8/16/2014love it!! Service was great!!! loved the food I had the pork chop and it was excellent the Cosmo Martini was super good and the presentation of the martini was unique, I would go back with friends or to a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate in PS!RosieBVIPDined on 8/15/2014Mastro's offers great steaks in all the locations I have visited-- Beverly Hills, Monarch Bay and Palm Desert. Dinner Friday evening at the Palm Desert location was fabulous. From the welcoming by the Valet, to the ladies behind the Resv Desk to our Server, Christie, we enjoyed a fabulous evening. Food couldn't have been better; and our surprise birthday dessert topped off an evening to remember! (This occured from a very keen observation on the part of our server.) The bar was jumping with a happy, well dressed crowd and an entertainer with a good voice. The restaurant provided a great Friday nite out in the "Desert". But it is certain to be just as wonderful any night of the week!Special Features:
- 1st class spotgrindtimeDined on 8/15/2014Been here before for happy hour, this time I was celebrating my 6th year wedding anniversary. Everyone was professional, food was awesome and has a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoygoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014The over all experience was great. I expected truly outstanding steaks. Unfortunately the steaks fel a bit short of the mark. I was told that the steaks were better than Morton's. They weren't. I would rate Morton's steaks to slightly better.Special Features:
- Saturday night @ Mastro'slilo42VIPDined on 8/9/2014Michael Martinez & Noe are amazing, Superstar Managers. The girls at the front door invite you into the restaurant with huge welcoming smiles. All waitresses & servers are excellent! The singers are fun, & add great ambiance. The food is always outstanding. Thank you, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in the valleyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014Fine dinning at the BEST. One of the best steaks I have ever had. Soon to be the top restaurant in the valley. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- So disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This was my third visit to Mastro's. The first two were exceptional so I invited six friends to dinner to celebrate my Husband's birthday. After raving about how wonderful this restaurant was, I was embarassed by the lack of service, warm not hot, dried out filet and dirty plates left on the table. I still left a 20 percent tip to the staff because I felt that the service was a lack of training or supervision from management. And yes in the middle of the evening, I did speak to a Manager but it didn't get any better. I was disappointed and none of the guests from my party will be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time at one of their restaurants but I am sure it will not be the last. Their price fixed dinners sound expensive at $55 but they are a great deal given the choices and the quality of the food. We each got the 8 ounce petite fillet and that is $39 a la carte. The head waiter was terrific and the supporting staff very helpful and efficient. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotshot1hotshot1Dined on 8/6/2014We always love Mastros - fabulous food and awesome service. The bar can be a bit loud if you want a quiet dinner but it's a fun happening spot for any other time.Special Features:
- Last Minute FindGMendez1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely enjoyed our dinner at Mastro's. My only complaint was the dark lighting. Outside of that, would definitely go back when I'm in Palm Springs area next year.... We searched locally for the a good restaurant, and had difficulty as we were "out" of season....then we found Mastro's and were very pleased....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs More than Five StarsVienneseDined on 8/2/2014This is a great special occasion restaurant. The music from the bar is pretty loud (a good duo, tho') but you can request a private room which is quieter. The prices are expensive but the food is worth every cent! Our friends had the prix fixe meals, which said the side dishes were personal size, but the wait staff brought family-style servings for us all to share. My husband rated his steak "excellent" and I loved my carpaccio. Have to give a superb rating to the wait staff - our waitress Amy (who is a Kristen Chenowith clone) asked each one of us personally if she could get us anything else. The side dishes weren't just set on the table; Amy served each of the six of us individually. It would be fun to just drop in for drinks, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience!fionaUDined on 7/26/2014My husband & I love visiting Mastro's when we're at our desert home. The staff is so kind, knowledgeable, & professional. The food is always outstanding. Our most recent visit was no exception. Thanks Mastro's!Special Features:
- A good SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We are steak people. We've tried every steakhouse in Southern California and we come back to Mastros continuously. The service, quality of steak, appetizers, drinks, and desserts are impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinnerlesbDined on 7/25/2014we took our kids and had the special menu that they offered - the food was very good - lobster mashed potatoes and gorgonzola mac n' cheese - together with a great piece of meat - cooked to perfection - served on a sizzling hot plate!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Very accommodating to our party with excellent and attentive staff. Thank you for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PATERADined on 7/23/2014Food was ok, I ordered the double cut pork chop, and it was tough. The ambience was loud live band was playing in the bar. The restaurant itself was nice. The wait staff was on not very hospitable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Simply the best steak I've ever eaten. Service was attentive with being intrusive, food was excellent. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014Good quality food and the place was jumping. I went with my wife another couple and had a great dinner. They also had live music going on in the bar.Special Features:
- Worst Mastro's Experience Ever.206mlVIPDined on 7/18/2014It was my wife's first trip to a Mastro's (I've been to the Scottsdale and Irvine locations a few times each) and we were very excited. However our experience was awful. The place was empty and wait times to get plates cleared, our orders, beverage refills, the check, etc were all awful. The shrimp tower took so long to come out that the dry ice flow no longer worked. The twice baked and loaded baked potatoes were cold. I'd expect this experience from Sizzler, not Mastro's. Especially when one pays a significant price for a nice dinner for two. Hopefully this is rectified so no one else goes through it. It's unfortunate to pay a couple hundred bucks for such a bad experience.
- indiojrr-mastrosindiojrrDined on 7/18/2014First time at this restaurant that we have been wanting to visit. It did not disappoint. Service was superb, food excellent and attention to detail perfect. Best vodka martini ever, delicious tender steaks and wonderful side dishes. We will be back!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermavisjuneDined on 7/14/2014We wanted to go somewhere special to have dinner on our 30th anniversary. We are so happy we picked Maestro's! My filet was excellent, could be the best ever. My husband was very happy with his New York steak as well. Everyone was very pleasant. The manager stopped by our table twice to thank us for dining there and to make sure we were happy with everything. Daniel and Christy(spl?) our servers and they were both great and very attentive. We were also treated with a complimentary anniversary butter cake that was wonderful! We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IssieDined on 7/14/2014Service was slow on a slow night!Food was good but not noteworthy... Overall good.Special Features:
- Best SteakWoodhavenDuoDined on 7/12/2014Went to the Beverly Hills location and wanted to try their new location and did not know how it would compare. We went for our wedding anniversary and were we not disappointed. Both Maestros are packed with people and have a high noise level. So if your looking for quiet and romantic you will not find it here. But you will find great food, drinks and music !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed and upsetBonnieDined on 7/10/2014It was loud with spillover from bar. The salad was wilted. The lobster potatoes were runny. My steak had to be sent back as it was not cooked properly. Service was also slow. Came a month ago and everything was perfect. What happened?? Brought friends to treat them to a special evening and couldn't hear our selves think. Also the men's room had an attendant and the women's room did not. Why was that? Much to expensive for the experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful, until...dfisherDined on 7/10/2014I was having a great dinner, until someone started a lounge act at 6:30pm. Suddenly my $200 steak dinner with my son was in competition with some guy recreating 60s and 70s R&B with a piano and his computer. Loudly. I was initially told they couldn't turn the music down, but that changed and they found a more reasonable, but still loud, volume level. Food was great, service was good, the dinning room is crowded with too many tables, but clearly, this location is more interested in their bar business than the dinning room. Won't be back, unless I feel like dinner at 4pm so I can finish before the lounge act kicks in.Special Features:
- AmazingDined on 7/5/2014Amazing food! Best steak and dessert (butter cake) we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Steak HouseKathleenDined on 7/5/2014White table cloths, tuxedo waiters, and great food. What else can I say? Oh- GREAT MARTINI!!Special Features:
- Mastro's is Tremendous (expensive)rlasorsaDined on 7/5/2014Everything about Mastro's Steakhouse was excellent - food, service, setting: All outstanding! If you plan on going there, be ready for a very hefty bill. It is the most expensive Steakhouse in the area.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and Great Live MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014My wife and I visit this Mastro's location every time we are in the Palm Springs area. Steaks are absolutely amazing, sides are large portions, and live music in the bar area is fantastic if you want a more vibrant feel. Sure to return every time we are in the area.Special Features:
- SamthewineguyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Mastro's is the ultimate special occasion restaurant in the desert. The steaks are spectacular, succulent, and cooked perfectly. The shrimp cocktail is incredible and a must order. The sides are large and should be shared as perfect accompaniments to the steaks. They have the best Bernaise sauce we've ever had anywhere. The waiters like Ambar, Marco, and Christie add to the special occasions by providing friendly, attentive, professional service. Their wine list is good but if you bring a special bottle or two to match the occasion, the wine is always served properly in excellent stemware. Don't forget to save room for desert, especially the butter cake.Special Features:
- DINNER WITH OUT OF TOWN FRIENDSlilo42VIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything was superb, from the management to the front desk, the waitress, servers! As always a top notch experience. Thank you, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.