Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
73405 El Paseo Dr. #120
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (760) 776-6777
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joshua Tajchman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Greene 7607766777x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)vibrant bar scene (92)romantic (70)notable wine list (69)hot spot (66)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (32)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good but a little disappointingDarkman4funVIPDined on 11/22/2014Decent, not great food. Good service. Loud. VERY pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent overall experienceTablereviewDined on 11/21/2014Wonderful Experience for our group of four. The decor and seating so comfortable. Quality of steaks, Great tasting side dishes, delicious butter cake. Love the presentation of martini service too. Service impeccable and lounge entertainment on Friday night was fantastic. Beautiful Bar! We love celebrating special occasions often with our out of town friends at Mastro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shopperVIPDined on 11/18/2014We have been to other Mastro's many times. In fact we have been to the one in Palm Desert several times. Have always enjoyed our experience. This time, however, we were very disappointed. We ordered a 16-ounce New York steak to split. We have done this countless times before and always been pleased. When our steak arrived, already split, it looked so small that I questioned the waiter who in turn called for the manager (female--didn't get her name). She said "it does look a little small for 8 ounces each. I can make you another one but it will take 20-30 minutes. Not wanting to wait we kept what was served. She did say she would not charge us for drinks. That to me is no consolation since I do not drink. I think she was remiss in her duties as manager. My question/comment is: Why list the steak on the menu as a 16-ounce steak when in fact it was only 12-ounces. Needless to say, we did not enjoy this meal.
- NashvilleVIPDined on 11/18/2014We had a perfect filet and large stone crab claws. The presentation was fabulous. Perfect meal with great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyVIPDined on 11/14/2014We hosted a group of 9. This was our third visit to Mastro's in Palm Desert. The week before we had dinner at the Scottsdale Mastro's with a group of 19 that was excellent in every degree. In PD - the staff at the front door were very friendly and helpful. We had a nice table in the back that was good for a vibrant larger party. Service, while friendly, was slow and the server did not manage the order well. I have experienced and expect the server to make sure the side are adequate for the group - they were not and that- drinks are kept flowing - they were not. We had to ask for appetizers to be ordered after nearly an hour of waiting. The ahi dishes and lobster rolls were excellent. The carpaccio was dry and without flavor - the chicken dish was dry and the sole was not edible. We were very disappointed and hope these were just early season blips.
- Hot spot!NuukeVIPDined on 11/12/2014I've dined at several of the Mastros around the country and have never been disappointed. The food is always great, the places are beautiful and I'm thrilled with the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks...wish they had a HHOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/11/2014Amazing drinks! Great bar and entertainment...but you sure do pay for it! No happy hour :-(Special Features:
- Great quality food but pricyBend14Dined on 11/11/2014Good ambience but noisy as we were seated near the bar area. The acoustics didn't seem to seem to suppress the noise in the open room. Excellent wine selection and food albeit the uppricing of the wine seemed excessive at 2.5 times the store purchase price. Waiter was good although seemed stretched thin and delivery of the food a bit slow. All this said we enjoyed the dinner but some opportunities for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I/2 sides and saladsShangrilaDined on 11/11/2014Dependable Steakhouse. Many of the sides and salads come in 1/2 sizes and prices making it more affordable and consumable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysCecygrrDined on 11/10/2014We felt brave and took our kids out for a nice dinner. Dinner was impeccable and they went out of their way to make out experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service for Mastro'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014We are foodies and travel and dine out a lot..and found this Mastro's to be disappointing mostly due to the service. Lazy, slow, dis engaged service. We very rarely would write a review and complain but with all the options in Palm Springs for a great steak dinner, this I would hesitate to go back again. Ambiance is live but some rooms were large and cut off and confined. Like you were at the kids table.
- AndiDined on 11/8/2014The service did not meet the expectations of a dining experience that includes a pricey menu. With the average dining price per person $100 - (steak $45, salad $17, side $13) - one would expect excellent service. Waited 15 minutes before our waiter even came to our table, he never introduced himself, his manner was brusque and quick and not cordial. Every portion of the meal was delivered by another wait staff member - and the portions were just that delivered - almost placed on the table loudly, quickly - not presented. If the salads weren't so good, we probably would have walked out. The food was superb but having to ask for implements to eat with (dessert), never being asked if we would like another glass of wine was disappointing.
- GREAT EXPERERIENCEHeromusicDined on 11/7/2014This was our first time at Mastro's in Palm Desert. We have been to the one in Beverly Hills many times. The service was excellent from beginning to end. First Class all the way around. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; Club SceneilovelaVIPDined on 11/7/2014Mastro's in El Paseo is a very nice restaurant. There are no complaints about the food. Ordered spicy tuna sushi which was very good. Stekas are well seasoned and very good. My only caveat for the experience was on this Friday night the bar was more like a night club. The music was very loud. It was hard to have a conversation because we were seated in the large room adjacent to the bar. We should have asked to move to a quieter room but that would have meant a fairly long wait. While we adjusted to the noise is is something you should consider if dining at Mastro's. Clearly it is not a deterent. The restaurant was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as always.AnyaDined on 11/1/2014As always, perfect food, and impeccable service. Still at the top off my list of desert restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersMelanieDined on 11/1/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Mastro's. It was our first time going. It had been highly recommended by many of our friends. My husband is a steak person, and he had the bone in filet ... he said it was the best steak he has ever had. We ordered more than we could eat ... but it was all good. We definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Forgettable dinner at Mastro'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014This is an elegant restaurant with incredible ambience and excellent service. One of the best martinis I have ever had in a restaurant and enjoyed it along with a delicious shrimp cocktail. Dinner was another matter. I ordered the NY strip steak, medium rare, @$55 and my wife ordered the sea bass @$49. The steak was served medium well and a bit on the greasy side; the sea bass did not resemble any that I have eaten in the past. It was about 1/2 " thick, 6" in diameter and rather tasteless. It was a birthday celebration and we did not want to ruin the evening by making an issue of the food. Would return to the bar for cocktails and appetizers, but dinner will be down the street at Sullivan's Steak House. The $$$$ are not justified.Special Features:
- A Social Night outBrilliantDined on 10/28/2014Excellent table position. I love the feel of this place. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were reasonably priced - food was excellent. Singer could have done a few more spotsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th birthday at mastro'sNickoDined on 10/25/2014Went to Mastro's for my 50th birthday, just my wife and I. Have been to Mastro's Newport Beach & Beverly Hills. The service was outstanding, the food was great. I tried the Bone Marrow appetizer for the first time in my life. The taste was good but there was very little to taste. Glad I tried it but next time I will get a seafood appetizer. We both had the lobster bisque, very good. My wife had the filet and I had twin lobster tails, both excellent! Cream Brulee for dessert, very creamy!Special Features:
- MaestrosMomoVIPDined on 10/25/2014I Like this restaurant , nice place , good service and very good ambianceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Long narrow dining room. Burnt steak, expensive I have had better meals at Sizzler.
- Fabulous every time.AnyaDined on 10/23/2014As always, Mastro's is amazing. It is my favorite place to dine in the desert. Whenever I am here, I've got a reservation. Can't find a better steak anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to Palm DesertBrindleDined on 10/22/2014Enjoyed the evening at Mastro's celebrated my wifes 65th with good food, good drinks, and wonderful friendsSpecial Features:
- Not a typical MastrosNickieVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have been going to the Mastros in Beverly Hills for years now and even have been to the new one in Malibu, and the Palm Desert one does not compare. The food is unquestionably amazing but the noise level was ridiculous. The combination of live music, bad acoustics, extremely busy bar, and a couple of tables near me that decided that yelling across the room was appropriate. This is Mastros, a well known, high class restaurant. Who does that? Our service also lacked which was surprising. The waiter, though very nice, was quite slow and inattentive. Sadly, I have to say that I was quite disappointed and shocked that I had an experience like this at one of my very favorite steakhouse chains.Special Features:
- The Best Steakhouse in So. Cal.FooddetectiveVIPDined on 10/18/2014If you have not visited a Mastro's Steakhouse, then you have not had steak. All USDA Prime beef, all cuts, and absolutely cooked and seasoned to perfection, and I mean perfection. Wonderful sea food menu, family style sides that can easily be shared by 3 or 4. The shrimp cocktail is just outstanding, served with 3 jumbo shrimp but you can add extra to order. The steaks are easily large enough to split with another. And the grand finale' extraordinaire is their Butter Cake, it is off the hook wonderful, served with a huge scoop of vanilla ice-cream and a side of house made whipped cream. The bars of each Mastro's are quite impressive (one look and you will know what I mean) and they serve all martinis in large shakers w/plenty to refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak…but...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014No question that the steaks are great at Mastro's. But, the dining room lacked intimacy even though it was small and it seemed too far from the action, like the fun group was in the other room. Also, $17 for a salad that had wilted iceberg lettuce is a crime. While the service was attentive (sometimes too attentive) our waitress was over the top, coming off as a little fake and overly friendly. It's expensive, and I'm wondering if it's really worth the money.Special Features:
- Is it possible? At a Masto's?!!VincentFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Love Mastro's, disappointed in Palm Desert. Been to Thousand Oaks/Beverly Hills/Malibu, nothing but great experiences/meals at those three; this one is NOT UP TO SNUFF. We both ordered the same steak "medium rare"; one was "medium rare", the other "medium well" - at a Mastro's?!! I was given a song and dance about human error and was educated about how some steaks are cut from a different part of the tenderloin, and.. blah, blah, blah; at a Mastro's?!! They comped me a dessert - but I'm a diabetic, left it on my plate. I went there for a delicious steak and didn’t get one. Palm Desert staff should dine at other Mastro's to see what excellence is expected by recurring diners. I mean.. how does a steak chef mess up a filet, at a Mastro's?!!Special Features:
- worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014There are good to great steak houses in the desert....but none any better. The service is prompt but never rushed.Special Features:
- DisappointedBr00klyn102Dined on 10/15/2014A drink other than what I ordered was brought to me, and 10 mins later replaced. My husband ordered his steak medium rare, and I ordered mine medium. They were reversed. Overall disappointing considering it is somewhere we hold expectations in such a high regard, especially when it is somewhere we ONLY go to for special occasions, this time our 1st anniversary. And with my steak being wrong, my husband had finished his dinner before I got my corrected version. Not the most romantic dining experience for such a special event. Fail.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!hatrac35VIPDined on 10/15/2014I can't say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. The service is exceptional and all the servers are extremely knowledgable about the menu. I always start with the Dungeness crab cocktail that's out of this world! This time I added two shrimp to the crab cocktail and they were HUGE and wonderfully flavored. For my entree I ordered the salmon blackened with Cajun seasoning and it was prepared perfectly! IF I had to say anything negative it would be the salmon wasn't as big of a serving as I'm used to expecting from mastro's and other steak houses. For a side I ordered the roasted Brussel sprouts which were simply prepared with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Overall another exceptional experience at Mastro's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeDrMooNDined on 10/14/2014Good foods & nice wine with great services One of the best restaurant in the valley.Special Features:
- Delicious but not the best valueMichelleDMDined on 10/10/2014Our dining experience at Mastro's was superb. Excellent wine list, delicious food, perfect service. Pricey menu, but we would return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service & foodPeninsulaDined on 10/9/2014What a great evening! We were celebrating our anniversary and EVERYONE was so gracious and friendly. The service was excellent and our server was "beyond compare". The food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UversaceDined on 10/8/2014I had a great birthday party, great music, amazing food and ambiance. Masteos always my first choice!Special Features:
- DrGarylilo42VIPDined on 10/8/2014Amazing in every way! The girls @ the front desk, servers bussers & the food all exceptional! Our favorite week end find! Michael, Noe, Rebecca , & Natalie are the best at running Mastro's in a top notch manner! Lilo CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth it!MaestrosDined on 10/7/2014Attentive but not overbearing service. Food is a la carte but that is true of steakhouses in general. The portions are large so side dishes can be shared. They had live music in the bar area on a weeknight which is rare. The music was not loud but could be enjoyed while dining there. Tables in bar area were just as nice as rest of restaurant! Lighting was soft enough to be romantic but bright enough to read the menu. Shrimp cocktail served on dry ice was excellent with jumbo yet tender shrimp and a.n "atomic" horseradish sauce as well as regular cocktail sauce. Not a restaurant for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's Steakhouse is the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Went to Mastro's on a Monday night to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Went to the bar for a drink before being seated for dinner and ended up having so much fun at the bar we stayed and had dinner right there. The food was perfect from the appetizer all the way through to the desert. The bone-in filet was mouth-watering as was the mac & cheese and the butter cake. I'll order the bone-in filet next time I go, it was that good, but will probably try other sides since everything on the menu looks fantastic. Mallory, our bartender was awesome. Made the best specialty drinks and had a great, witty personality. Everyone at Mastro's was great, including the entertainment in the bar. We will definitely be returning...and soon!Special Features:
- Give it averageJewelsDined on 10/6/2014Very ordinary not outstanding like other Mastros friendly but service was not goodSpecial Features:
- MimiVIPDined on 10/3/2014The service was excellent. The live entertainment helped creates great atmosphere. The veggies and meat were too greasy an the salad was drowning in dressing.
- Great summer specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I took advantage of the summer special which was a great deal! They bring the food out on a sizzling hot plate - so unfortunately, my petite filet ended up over cooked an dry ;-( Everything else was great and made form good leftovers for lunch.Special Features: