Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
73405 El Paseo Dr. #120
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7607766777x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joshua Tajchman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Greene 7607766777x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)vibrant bar scene (104)romantic (79)notable wine list (69)fit for foodies (66)hot spot (61)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Rock starsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014This place is spot on service and food. But be ready to pay for it. Well worth the $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's for Special OccasionsDebFDined on 9/16/2014For our first visit and anniversary celebration the customer service exceeded our expectations. It started with our initial greeting from the hostess and continued with the wait staff. It didn't stop there because the next day they called my cell phone to thank us for celebrating and dining with them. You rarely see this type of customer service today. The food was very delicious and the special celebration dessert they make you topped the charts. We posted a photo of our celebration dessert on FaceBook for our friends and let them know that we had an amazing experience at Mastro's. We'll definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better the first time we camelikeitcookedDined on 9/15/2014The service was good. My porterhouse steak was cooked just right but very undersized compared to the last visit. My guest ordered the pork loin. It was raw in the middle and had to be sent back. I was ok after it came back. They brought if back on a new plate but kept the scalloped patatoes that were on the plate. The iceberg wedge was the best item that night. For the price, we would expect a lot more that we got.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal in the desertKwbearDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy Mastro's everyplace we have eaten at one all over the country. This one on El Paseo is a happening bar scene, it's a bit loud for fine dining for my taste but not a deal breaker and I will def. go again. The summer special that consisted of a salad/app. Main course, two sides and dessert was a great deal, all for $55. And $10 cosmos... A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak dinnerSolvangDined on 9/13/2014The tomohawk steak was split by both of us and wow! It came out still sizzling on the plate and was massive looking. We dug in and were not disappointed. Then for desert we had the pecan alamode.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor compared to previous visitfood4thoughtDined on 9/13/2014Our dining experience left us wanting more. We went for our 10 yr anniversary and felt like we were somewhat ignored. We had a wonderful experience last yr for a B-day celebration so we know what it could have been. We were so disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice Celebration DinnerDandAfabdiningDined on 9/12/2014A group of friends and I went for dinner to celebrate recent professional advancements. They ordered off of the prix fix menu and I had the sea bass. Everything was cooked perfectly and the sides of brussel sprouts and creamed spinach were tasty. Good wine, lots to choose from for every palate and price range. The signature dessert, Buttercake, was so yummy and the creme brulee was excellent! The bar had live music, but was on the louder side, so we opted to dine in the nearby dining area where we could still enjoy the music, but carry on a conversation without having to shout. I would love to return the next time I visit Palm Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to visit!TemeculaBenDined on 9/12/2014Atmosphere was great with band playing in the bar but it wasn't too loud in the dining room. Service is superb and the food is amazing. Will be back many timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great and the foodjlinindioDined on 9/12/2014the summer $55 special was a good deal arrived early and had fun at the bar the server remembered us from a month ago-and was very friendly and efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What more can we say?????MichaelDined on 9/5/2014Mastro's has outdone itself again and again and again! The steaks were excellent! The service was beyond excellent! The desserts are to die for........sadly I'm so full from dinner that I can't truly gorge myself with buttercake!!!! The sad part?? I have to drive or fly 423 miles from Santa Cruz CA to enjoy this type of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Elegancecarebear9577Dined on 8/31/2014Mastros is very classy, very elegant and very high end yet layed back at the same time. The bar was rather packed. Lots of people and a small band playing. Great wine and cocktail list. Lots of food options to choose from. A very typical steakhouse. Personally, I've had better steaks elsewhere. These steaks are grassfed. I do NOT prefer that. I feel like the meat tastes like the grains/grass the cow ate. That's just not my preference. Everyting else was pretty amazing though!Special Features:
- Never disappointsmaestDined on 8/31/2014Once again, this restaurant is consistently great with outstanding food and service. The bone in fillet is the new favorite of our party each time - worth the extra $. No matter how busy they are (and they always are), you are never made to feel rushed. Continues to be the best spot in the valley.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Amazing food and service. Waiters were awesome. Pre fix menu is an amazing value for what you get. Overall excellent night. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 SteakHouselilo42VIPDined on 8/30/2014Mastro's in Palm Desert is one of our favorite restaurants. We feel everyone is cognizant & pays great attention to detail, all food & their customers. From the girls who greet you @ the door, waitresses, bussers, bar-tender, musicians, & last but not least the GM Michael Martinez along with Rebecca-Natalie-Noe Mgrs. Our food has always been cooked to perfection! Kudos to the chef. Thank you, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Our server, Eddie, was the best we've ever had!! The food was good, as usual, but the service we had made the whole evening just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Onion SoupDesertDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant takes good care of you from moment you walk through the doors. The service is equal to the food preparation: excellent A bit on the pricy side but quality requires that. The best onion soup I've had, great steaks, and a romantic place to bring someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jlinindioDined on 8/28/2014great new restaurant in the desert service was excellent will be going back again food was great no problemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014The food was excellent and prepared properly. The service was outstanding. We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- The BestDesertDivaRLPCCDined on 8/22/2014Happy Hour to dining. Always the best! Love the warm Butter Cake and whipped cream. It's awesome.Special Features:
- RiriDined on 8/22/2014Brussel spouts undercooked, asparagus overcooked, filet not seasoned properly. It may be this Mastro's that isn't up to par as friends have said they has great food.
- food was great, live band awesomeEnglishmanDined on 8/18/2014the staff was very nice and professionals well as the manager coming over to check on "things". We celebrated my wives b-day and the staff made her feel so happy. We also thought we were listening to the radio, but in fact it was the live band.(The Trebles). incredible evening and can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatheticDesireeinpsVIPDined on 8/17/2014Can't cook a steak if a gun was to their head. I'm not usually someone who gives a third chance let alone fourth and fifth. I love this place for the bar and the butter cake and usually the service. This night I was so disgusted I couldn't even eat the butter cake I just has to leave before I embarrassed my husband. The entertainment is awesome and mostly so is the service. I'll stick to cocktails until they can find a broiler that can cook a steak as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicesandy0309Dined on 8/16/2014love it!! Service was great!!! loved the food I had the pork chop and it was excellent the Cosmo Martini was super good and the presentation of the martini was unique, I would go back with friends or to a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate in PS!RosieBVIPDined on 8/15/2014Mastro's offers great steaks in all the locations I have visited-- Beverly Hills, Monarch Bay and Palm Desert. Dinner Friday evening at the Palm Desert location was fabulous. From the welcoming by the Valet, to the ladies behind the Resv Desk to our Server, Christie, we enjoyed a fabulous evening. Food couldn't have been better; and our surprise birthday dessert topped off an evening to remember! (This occured from a very keen observation on the part of our server.) The bar was jumping with a happy, well dressed crowd and an entertainer with a good voice. The restaurant provided a great Friday nite out in the "Desert". But it is certain to be just as wonderful any night of the week!Special Features:
- 1st class spotgrindtimeDined on 8/15/2014Been here before for happy hour, this time I was celebrating my 6th year wedding anniversary. Everyone was professional, food was awesome and has a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoygoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014The over all experience was great. I expected truly outstanding steaks. Unfortunately the steaks fel a bit short of the mark. I was told that the steaks were better than Morton's. They weren't. I would rate Morton's steaks to slightly better.Special Features:
- Saturday night @ Mastro'slilo42VIPDined on 8/9/2014Michael Martinez & Noe are amazing, Superstar Managers. The girls at the front door invite you into the restaurant with huge welcoming smiles. All waitresses & servers are excellent! The singers are fun, & add great ambiance. The food is always outstanding. Thank you, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in the valleyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014Fine dinning at the BEST. One of the best steaks I have ever had. Soon to be the top restaurant in the valley. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- So disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This was my third visit to Mastro's. The first two were exceptional so I invited six friends to dinner to celebrate my Husband's birthday. After raving about how wonderful this restaurant was, I was embarassed by the lack of service, warm not hot, dried out filet and dirty plates left on the table. I still left a 20 percent tip to the staff because I felt that the service was a lack of training or supervision from management. And yes in the middle of the evening, I did speak to a Manager but it didn't get any better. I was disappointed and none of the guests from my party will be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time at one of their restaurants but I am sure it will not be the last. Their price fixed dinners sound expensive at $55 but they are a great deal given the choices and the quality of the food. We each got the 8 ounce petite fillet and that is $39 a la carte. The head waiter was terrific and the supporting staff very helpful and efficient. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotshot1hotshot1Dined on 8/6/2014We always love Mastros - fabulous food and awesome service. The bar can be a bit loud if you want a quiet dinner but it's a fun happening spot for any other time.Special Features:
- Last Minute FindGMendez1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely enjoyed our dinner at Mastro's. My only complaint was the dark lighting. Outside of that, would definitely go back when I'm in Palm Springs area next year.... We searched locally for the a good restaurant, and had difficulty as we were "out" of season....then we found Mastro's and were very pleased....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs More than Five StarsVienneseDined on 8/2/2014This is a great special occasion restaurant. The music from the bar is pretty loud (a good duo, tho') but you can request a private room which is quieter. The prices are expensive but the food is worth every cent! Our friends had the prix fixe meals, which said the side dishes were personal size, but the wait staff brought family-style servings for us all to share. My husband rated his steak "excellent" and I loved my carpaccio. Have to give a superb rating to the wait staff - our waitress Amy (who is a Kristen Chenowith clone) asked each one of us personally if she could get us anything else. The side dishes weren't just set on the table; Amy served each of the six of us individually. It would be fun to just drop in for drinks, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience!fionaUDined on 7/26/2014My husband & I love visiting Mastro's when we're at our desert home. The staff is so kind, knowledgeable, & professional. The food is always outstanding. Our most recent visit was no exception. Thanks Mastro's!Special Features:
- A good SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We are steak people. We've tried every steakhouse in Southern California and we come back to Mastros continuously. The service, quality of steak, appetizers, drinks, and desserts are impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinnerlesbDined on 7/25/2014we took our kids and had the special menu that they offered - the food was very good - lobster mashed potatoes and gorgonzola mac n' cheese - together with a great piece of meat - cooked to perfection - served on a sizzling hot plate!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Very accommodating to our party with excellent and attentive staff. Thank you for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PATERADined on 7/23/2014Food was ok, I ordered the double cut pork chop, and it was tough. The ambience was loud live band was playing in the bar. The restaurant itself was nice. The wait staff was on not very hospitable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Simply the best steak I've ever eaten. Service was attentive with being intrusive, food was excellent. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014Good quality food and the place was jumping. I went with my wife another couple and had a great dinner. They also had live music going on in the bar.Special Features: