Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
520 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3125215100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner only, 5:00pm - Midnight, Daily.
M Bar Piano Lounge - 4:00pm - 2:00am, Daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Justin Floerchinger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Kelly McGrath for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
351 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (267)romantic (177)notable wine list (150)vibrant bar scene (136)fit for foodies (109)good for groups (107)hot spot (106)late-night find (43)neighborhood gem (41)scenic view (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Kevin BOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Celebrating our anniversary with Mastro's was a excellent choice. Food and drinks were well above average. Service was very helpful also.Special Features:
- Best service and food imaginable!Briogirl16VIPDined on 9/27/2014I had the most romantic dinner this past weekend. The server was incredibly attentive and considerate and truly made me and my boyfriend's dinner very special. The food was amazing- the creamed corn is an absolute must. The sides are big so order small. Absolute 5 star restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency Winsmlrh100Dined on 9/27/2014Once again our meal was delicious. Though the steaks/chops are always the main event, the sides are a close runner up for awards. We enjoyed the Lobster Mac - cheese and the Gnochi with crab and truffle oil and the brussel sprouts. All terrific! On this dining event I tried the Veal chop and was very pleased with the char and deep rich flavors. Deserts were excellent as always with the butter cake and my fav the profiterols. The live music is always a plus even though some reviewes complain that it's too noisy..... "then stay home"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I made reservations here from a friend's recommendation. We called for reservations 1 week before and our only option was 5:45pm. It was still light outside and when we walked into the restaurant it was so dark I almost wanted to hold the hostess's hand as she led us to our table. Eventually our eyes accustomed to the darkness and we found it romantic. Our waitress, Kelly, was amazing. She helped us with the menu and was very friendly. We were brought a complimentary chocolate cake (huge and very tasty) to celebrate our anniversary. We had a wonderful time and will highly recommend to our friends.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationmbakerDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I are huge fans of Mastros. It only made sense to take our closest friends here for dinner to celebrate his birthday last week because we knew we would have an incredible dinner. We've eaten at many different steak places in town and Mastros seems to always be at the top of our list. Whether you like seafood or steak this is a great place to eat. Service is always excellent and they have a great wine list! And don't forget to order the butter cake for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The steaks are the best no matter how you well or rare you order them. The side items are great too and I love the seafood (shrimp cocktail). The butter cake is the best and the martinis are great. But what pulls everything together and why I keep going back, is the excellent A+ service. I have never had a bad meal here and service is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good night was had by allblownawayDined on 9/21/2014the restaurant was a referral from a friend over the one we had originally chosen. Glad we switched. The food was great - we shared a filet and a rack of lamb. the wine selection was very well representative for all tastes. the only real complaint was the dim lighting. food is also meant to be seen as is the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKladyDined on 9/21/2014I took my boyfriend to this restaurant for his birthday and I thought this place was not what I expected. The noise was VERY loud, including the t.v's that were playing the game and especially the band. They were singing songs that were nice but too loud!!! I did think the food was outstanding and the waiter was very nice. I order the Chilean Sea Bass and my boyfriend ordered the Chef's steak. I also thought the place was very dark. I'm not sure if we will come back again.Special Features:
- Delicious food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Our dining experience at Mastro's was fabulous. Our waitress was very personable, professional and extremely knowledgeable! The food never disappoints, everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Great food. FANTASTIC Butter CakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The entrees and side dishes were delicious. The Lobster Mashed Potatoes were decadent. The Warm Butter Cake was to die for! Our server - Brittani - was a joy and very accommodating.Special Features:
- Best Steak in ChicagoMKWatersVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wow, truly the best bone-in-filet I've ever had and I can't wait to get back for more. Nothing compares. Excellent service. Besides the filet, I highly recommend having the lobster mashed potatoes and butter cake or you haven't experienced the best of Mastro's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, some disappointmentsTinaDined on 9/20/2014I was disappointed that when we arrived for our for reservation, we still has to wait but there was nowhere for us to wait out-of-the-way. We did try to wait in the bar, but there was not any room. It would've been nice to have a server take a drink order for us upon arrival so that we could get a drink while we were waiting for a table. The bar was way too crowded for us to go to get anything to drink. Instead we stood up against a wall. A guest waiting area would be nice. Was also disappointed that I needed to wait 25 minutes to get my car from the valet. These complaints aside, the restaurant was excellent. Very good food. Very generous portion sizes and excellent quality. I will certainly come here again for special occasion. Good bandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We loved everything. We were tired of the usual steak places in Chicago and tried something new for us. Service was fantastic. Food was perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServerJustafoodieDined on 9/20/2014We had a very nice experience at Mastro's. Our server, Mary was spectacular!! She knew the menu and specials extremely well and catered to our every need. Overall, a very nice dining experience and restaurant. I would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maestro's. Just okTMacDined on 9/18/2014We went for a date night dinner and this was not what we were expecting. Very loud and dim lighting; we could barely read menus without using our phones. Meal was average; and for the prices we expected better. Our server was friendly and attentive; but the cons outweigh the pros here; especially with all the great steakhouse options in downtown
- Excellent SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Definitely loved the food and the ambiance. The staff was incredibly friendly and super sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 9/18/2014Perfect choice for birthday celebration food was absolutely delicious service impeccable also provided a nice birthday dessertSpecial Features:
- mlrh100Dined on 9/15/2014We celebrated our 30 year anniversary this past week and everything was great. The lounge is where we prefer. Yes it's a bit dark but who doesn't know what to order?huh. The servers are excellent with recommendations and matching up a great selection from apps to desert. Sit back and enjoy the live music and your company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I come here every year on our anniversary! We love it! Great food and service! Always love the live entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love ambiancelove2dinewithambianceDined on 9/13/2014We had a reservation but we stood for 50 min. waiting for a table. We were seated upstairs only to have a bright Chicago street light shining in our face. We were moved but the light was still there. It was disappointing since we were celebrating our Daughter's 30th birthday. We enjoy fine dining with ambiance. I felt like we were in a room having a meeting no atmosphere. With an 8:15 reservation made in advance several days you should not wait that long when every one else is being seated. We have traveled all over the world so we know ambiance and service. Steaks were not as we expected.Special Features:
- Mastro's FanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was outstanding. The Service was perfect. The Food was even better. We were impressed by the constant table inspections by the staff. Making sure everything was perfect and clean. Do not see that other nice restaurants. It was a great choice to celebrate my Wife's birthday. The only issue was that the music was a little loud in the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's ReviewWineNdineDined on 9/13/2014Excellent experience!!! I recommend everyone to try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks & Phenomenal ServiceKaranDined on 9/11/2014We were here for a birthday. There was confusion as we waited for a table for 30 minutes despite having a reservation - the reason for me to dock a star. The hosts offered a drink as we waited after 20 minutes but even then the request for a type of wine to the hosts was not paid attention to. That aside, once we were seated it was a wonderful experience. Our server Kelly was in a word "phenomenal". Very knowledgeable about the food and extremely patient. We were there for my wife's birthday with a friend, and the food and service was outstanding. The steak sashimi was wonderfully flavored and the steaks were outstanding. I would definitely recommend the place and would revisit in the future. I'm assuming the table fiasco was a one offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO MUCH NOISEGoodFoodProDined on 9/10/2014The food was very good. Extremely noisy! We had to yell to hear each other. Restaurant wants to accommodate as many people as possible and the tables are very close to each other. My opinion - the place is overrrated
- Soooo Much NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014Love Mastro's steaks. However, you will not be able to hear the person next to you! Very disappointing for our group. So, so dark. Not necessary. Very uncomfortable for a lengthy, group dinner. Bar and entertainment - amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAwesomeVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great place to meet up with clients. Great food and service. A few minor issues; the dining room tonight was a bit too dark and it felt like the heat was on? The noise level was pretty hight too. However the overall experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/8/2014The food was outstanding as always. The bone in steaks were all cooked to perfection and well marbled. The Mac & Cheese is second to none! Our server on the hand was to busy talking to his colleagues to ask us how our meal was until it was tip time. Maybe we didn't drink enough to warrant his attention. Nonetheless it's still on the top of our list for steakhouses.Special Features:
- Great Business Dinner FindnycpogoDined on 9/7/2014You expect a great steak at a steakhouse and at these prices that's almost what we received. One of the orders had to be returned for being overcooked. But the service was excellent in that he really took care of my needs as a pregnant woman and made sure my requests were adhered to. The salad and mushrooms were fantastic...I'd return for a dinner absolutely as it's one of the best steaks I've had in Chicago.Special Features:
- OK experience ....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Nice restaurant, very loud for a sunday night. This is definately a expense account place, prices on some things were rideculous! Ordered the Heirloom tomato salad in the peak of the season, we did not get Heirloom tomato's on the plate... Food was good, steak done perfectly - but very rich .... Glad we tryed it but will defer to other steak houses when given the option.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great steaks and deserts. One of my favorite restaurants in Chicago and Beverly HillsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsfood4funDined on 9/6/2014Been to Mastro's several times never disappointed. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed a great tasteful dinner, with superb service for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersheluvsmeDined on 9/5/2014Took my girl here for her birthday and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eak4Dined on 9/4/2014From the seafood tower to the petite filet to the various sides (sautéed spinach, lobster mash potatoes, mushrooms), everything was flavorful and properly prepared. A person could find the same quality of food at a different restaurant for less cost but I don't believe the pricing at Mastro is exorbitant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at mastrosMSHCHIDined on 9/4/2014Our dinning experience was abating at mastros bill out server was great! Lobster mashed potatoes were by far my favorite and the soups! Excellent job mastros at providing a wonderful dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyDaveDined on 9/3/2014Way noisy. Would not return. Also, very dark. Wait staff uses flashlights to illuminate the menus.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great service, ambiance would make anyone feel romantic, I wish all places were like this. Loved everything about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's IronytigigandiDined on 8/31/2014Mastro's is supposed to be a formal dining place with class and ambience. But when we were there last August 31, there was live music provided in the bar which was too loud and this reached all of dining areas, even up to the second floor. This reduced the classiness and formality of the restaurant. Also, lighting was too dark that they gave us flash light to read the menu. I do not think it needs to be this dark.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Had the best Steak I've ever had in a restaurant (Bone-in Ribeye) and, I've been to many great steakhouses. Great wine selection, appetizers were phenomenal. The staff was polite, prompt, and very friendly and knowledgeable. Only small complaint I have is that it was very dark inside. A lot of candle light and dim lighting. I can't wait for my next windy city trip.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceAllTimeFoodieDined on 8/31/2014We had the pleasure of dining here for my boyfriend's birthday and we LOVED it! We had the french onion soup which was very rich in flavor and great texture of cheese and right amount of onions. We had the Mastro's salad and it was just ok. The blue cheese and onions were overpowering and the dressing was creamy which I thought was too thick for the salad overall. However, the Tomahawk steak was absolutely HANDS DOWN grilled to perfection! Savory taste and perfect texture of medium cooked steak. We ordered a side of the Alaskan King Crab gnocchi pasta and its an all time favorite of mine. Our server brought him a slice of chocolate cake which was complimentary...i thought that was a great finishing touch. We enjoyed the live band as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.