Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
520 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3125215100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner only, 5:00pm - Midnight, Daily.
M Bar Piano Lounge - 4:00pm - 2:00am, Daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Justin Floerchinger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Kelly McGrath for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (262)romantic (175)notable wine list (153)vibrant bar scene (145)fit for foodies (127)good for groups (119)hot spot (115)neighborhood gem (44)late-night find (41)scenic view (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- great service, food good not greatspabDined on 10/28/2014Too dark, if waiters have to use flashlight to help diners read menu.......turn up the light. Steak a bit over cooked, sugar snap peas a bit under cooked. French onion soup excellent. Service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster bisqueAKettsVIPDined on 10/27/2014We love the lobster bisque and butter cake at Mastros. We love the drinks, steaks and sides too but we always come back for the bisque and cake. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal to crown the weekFoodDocDined on 10/27/2014Went here with a small group, and it we were perfectly attended to, and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great, but...LB28Dined on 10/27/2014If there's one thing I can't stand when going to a nice restaurant such as Mastro's (and others), it's that they won't seat you until your entire party has arrived. So when I make a reservation, I expect to be able to be seated as soon as I get there because I RESERVED A TABLE. If someone reserves a table, then there shouldn't be anyone else using it at the time of reservation. So we had a party of 7, and 3 of them were stuck in traffic trying to get there, the rest of us have to awkwardly stand in the entrance area with the music BLARING until they arrive. What is the point of making a reservation if you can't sit at your table when most of your party is there, and the table is empty? Really stupid rule that needs to be 86ed ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014I have been to Mastro's well over ten times and have never had a bad meal. In fact have always had a fantastic meal. I continue to bring out of town client to Mastro's and every client has loved the restaurant and gone back on their own when they are again in Chicago. The service is top notch. The steaks are the best. I rent private rooms often for client dinners. Mastro's has some of the best private rooms in all of Chicago. The catering manager and staff are great to work with.Special Features:
- JvCvVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food and service was great, although very loud in the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SvetlanaVIPDined on 10/25/2014I've been to Mastro's on several occasions and every time it has been a stelar experience. Last saturday night was a disappointment.. It was also my boyfriend's father's birthday and I recommended Mastro's as the perfect place to go. As it was his first time in Chicago and he wanted to go to a steakhouse. As we sat down at our table, we were forgotten. Nobody asked if this was a special occasion, it took more than half hour for the bread basket to arrive. We kept searching for our server. The steak was also not as good as I have had it before. Severely under seasoned and slightly overcooked from the medium rare I wanted. I felt bad about suggesting Mastro's for his birthday celebration.
- Excellent !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Had Japanese Wagyu 8 oz steak. Best steak ever in my entire life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and table service, butRalphmarpleVIPDined on 10/21/2014I have been to Mastro's several times and always had a very good time, service and quality are normally what you would expect from such a pricey spot, however, I was very surprised to see how unaccommodating the front desk staff was when I arrived early on my dinner reservation, I requested to be ushered to my table as I wanted to have a Martini AT MY TABLE and not the bar while I was waiting on my dinner appointment guest. granted, it was a Tuesday afternoon, the restaurant was NOT full and I was exactly 30 minutes prior to my reservation, not an hour. I was given a categorical *no* and despite of my obvious discontent, they made no attempts to accommodate, I waited standing there until my guest arrived. bad customer service!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I took my best friend to Mastro's for her birthday and she loved it. The staff was professional but not overly friendly which was fine by us. My steak was just okay but she absolutely loved the pork chop and the lobster bisque was delicious as well. Our server presented her with a very ample slice of chocolate cake with homemade whipped cream and I'm glad she shared. It was very good. We wanted to try their butter cake but neither of us had room for another morsel. The martini list was not disappointing either...the drinks were awesome. A bit pricey for everyday but worth the splurge for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousJma123Dined on 10/20/2014Being a vegetarian with family and friends who are mostly carnivores can be a problem when choosing a restaurant. Although Mastro's does not offer one vegetarian entree on the menu, it is one of my favorite restaurants and definitely a favorite of my steak and seafood lover friends. I am obsessed with the salads and vegetable sides. Adding a vegetarian entree would be a nice addition, it could possibly lower my caloric when dining there. Their wine list and knowledge is fabulous and very much appreciated. Speaking of Calories - Do not think about them!! Their Butter Cake is truly something that needs to be on everyone's "bucket list" words can not do it justice! If you are a key lime pie lover, I am told theirs is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food was great, we had a reservation so we got seated right away! It was loud worth he band, it was hard to hear my boyfriend from across the table! It was way too dark for my liking! I could see my food and I didn't like that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversary dinner!passion4foodDined on 10/19/2014Where to even begin! From the moment we walked in we were greeted warmly, and sat within 5 minutes. We were at upstairs, first ones! We had the upstairs to ourselves for about 10 minutes, which was really nice. Our server was extremely knowledgeable, and took away any anxiety I had about ordering wine from their large wine menu, and impressive dinner menu. We both ordered a bone in filet, mine md.rare,and his med. The steak was juicy, tender, and BURSTING with flavor. Best. Steak. EVER. they even brought an anniversary cake at the end, which was also amazing. Generous portions, and delicious dishes. Service was incredible, and everyone seemed to have a passion for the restaurant, it was refreshing and impressive. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SklemkeDined on 10/19/2014One of my favorite steakhouses in Chicago! Awesome cocktail menu and they now serve some amazing sushi too! Can't beat the piano bar scene, best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSlicVicDined on 10/19/2014My gf took me out for sweetest day. I'm a steak lover. I had the Porterhouse ands it's Top 2 in my opinion. Had the 24oz. Didn't get to finish it. Took it home and it was still amazing. My gf loved her filet mignon. Great vibe. Live music. Great drinks. Must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and GlamDocAukTalksDined on 10/18/2014It's about the Bone-in Filet and flourless chocolate pudding cake...the high top tables in the bar area provide the perfect balance of intimacy and connection with the scene if you like partake in the energy of the place. The dining room is mandatory for more privacy and quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/17/2014Mastros in Scottsdale is our favorite resturant, that we visit weekly. We figured we would try in Chicago- wasted night, food was terrible for mastros! Fatty steak, cold warm spinch salad & soggy fries! Huge disappointment!! Service was excellent-- typical mastros style!
- Stellar As UsualNickAdamsDined on 10/17/2014Mastro's brought its A-game during a memorable birthday celebration dinner on Friday (10/17). From A to Z, the steaks, the seafood tower, the sides, the wine list, the service, the vibe, the entertainment at the bar, and, of course, the famous butter cake were impeccable. I have had the privilege of dining at Mastro's for business and pleasure many times, and I have yet to encounter anything other than an outstanding dining experience there. And as a life-long Chicagoan, I know how competitive and difficult it is to sustain a winning, high-end steak house here. Mastro's deserves not only to be in the conversation when it comes to the best steak house in town, it is at the top of the list. For stellar dining, you can count on Masto's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, but Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Just not sure why the steak is 46$? We were over charged, figured it was probably for a glass of over priced wine at $18 a glass....but I should have checked the bill. I think I was in a daze from my shock at the $217 bill for two people and one glass of wine. With all of the great steak houses in Chicago.... We won't go backSpecial Features:
- Late Night ReservationRCRegularVIPDined on 10/16/2014I had a 10pm reservation and had great service. I had a group of 10 and the staff was very accommodating to our needs.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasion!BurnskiDined on 10/16/2014Although Mastro's is a bit pricey, it is worth it for a special occasion. The food is excellent and our service good not have been better. Jamie, our server, may be the best server we have had anywhere and we have been t many four star restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at its best!MercaditoFirstDined on 10/16/2014Great food, including desert, as well as awsome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely as usualkenritDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I have dined here on many special occasions with friends and just the two of us and each time everthing was wonderful. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodabrahamDined on 10/12/2014very very very expensive and too dark for me, but food and service where great. There was a live pianoman who made the night great.Special Features:
- DissapointingIrishDinerPLACTVIPDined on 10/12/2014When celebrating at a nice place such as Mastro's we would have expected top notch service. Not the case. We were extremely disappointed with the service, took a long time to get waited on, the waiter continued to be EXTREMELY SLOW and had to ask for simple items such as water and bread. I DO NOT RECOMMEND it as Chicago has plenty of other great steakhouses where you can celebrate. Food was good, but not great.
- DeanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Mastros is one of my favorite steak joints. I thought the lighting was too low in the Chicago restaurant. Our brussel sprouts were a little tough. Steak and wine was awesome!Special Features:
- Superfly place we love mastroLowinnDined on 10/11/2014We and always enjoy the service food and vibe with a great setting for a dinner date #A1 and my wife loves the butter cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experiencejdpt1984Dined on 10/11/2014I have eaten at many Chicago steakhouses and this ranks close to the top. The filet I had was very tender and cooked to order. It was seasoned only lightly. My husband's Kansas City cut was delicious and more flavorful/seasoned than my filet. The very cool thing is that your meat is delivered to your table on a plate which is heated to 450 degrees which keeps it nice and hot when you eat it although it cooks it slightly more so you may want to order your meat slightly rarer. My friend ordered the chilean sea bass and was not impressed saying it was prepared way too buttery. The sides and salads we ordered were perfect and I highly recommend saving room for dessert-the butter cake (shared 4 ways in perfect). Our waiter was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014I have had steaks from all the usually suspects such as Ruth's, Capital Grill, and Gibson's. The bone in filet at Mastro's dwarfed all the competitors. I highly recommend it. My only criticism of the place would be the lighting. It was too dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding service!!!Msgu121Dined on 10/10/2014Made a single request and they always follow thru. No need to remind them, they are on it! Butter cake is out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okCanastaLadyDined on 10/10/2014The food was good, but not great, especially for the price. The wine was very good and the glass was quite large. Hot ice under the shrimp cocktail made a very nice presentation. The best part was the unending martini. It seemed like the waiter kept pouring from the shaker into a large martini glass. Loud downstairs, not as bad up. Live music was nice in the bar area. Seems like a young scene kind of place. They called the next day to thank us for coming. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeftmyersVIPDined on 10/9/2014the food was excellent as always. Definitely suggest coming hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in a competitive fieldrickeaterDined on 10/9/2014Expensive steak houses are a dime a dozen in the big cities. For the first time in a long time, I will actually remember the great cut of ny strip I was served. Theirs place executed beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysfoodie312Dined on 10/7/2014We had a great meal! Service was rocky at first, but picked up quickly!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014Outstanding steakhouse, great food, great service, wonderfull place for any occasionSpecial Features:
- Great Foo & DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014This is a great place...love the food and drinks!!!Special Features:
- Disappointed beyond beliefPursuingPerfectionDined on 10/2/2014Most over-priced food I have ever eaten. Chilean Sea Bass was blandly grilled and served on an over-sized plate, nothing more... Tuna on the other hand was drenched in an Asian sauce that destroyed the flavor of the fish. $250 dollars later, my dinner for 2 would have been better spent at McDonalds!
- Great night at Mastro'sJennersDined on 10/2/2014Could not ask for more, great service, great food, nice ambiane, great live entertainment, great drinks, probably the best restaurant experience I have had in over 5 years!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedchicagodinerDined on 10/1/2014I ususally LOVE LOVE LOVE Mastros, it's one of my favorite steakhouses in Chicago. However, during our recent visit, one of my friends steaks was cooked well-done when she asked for medium and my other friends steak had fat all over it. The way in which it was handled was also awkward as the server and manager came over to inspect the steaks with a flashlight (almost as if my friends were lying). As one of my favorite spots, I was very disappointed with our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kevin BOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Celebrating our anniversary with Mastro's was a excellent choice. Food and drinks were well above average. Service was very helpful also.Special Features: