Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
520 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (312) 521-5100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner only, 5:00pm - Midnight, Daily.
M Bar Piano Lounge - 4:00pm - 2:00am, Daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Justin Floerchinger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Kelly McGrath for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
351 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (250)romantic (163)vibrant bar scene (150)notable wine list (148)fit for foodies (139)good for groups (123)hot spot (117)neighborhood gem (43)late-night find (40)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Mastro's ReviewWineNdineDined on 9/13/2014Excellent experience!!! I recommend everyone to try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks & Phenomenal ServiceKaranDined on 9/11/2014We were here for a birthday. There was confusion as we waited for a table for 30 minutes despite having a reservation - the reason for me to dock a star. The hosts offered a drink as we waited after 20 minutes but even then the request for a type of wine to the hosts was not paid attention to. That aside, once we were seated it was a wonderful experience. Our server Kelly was in a word "phenomenal". Very knowledgeable about the food and extremely patient. We were there for my wife's birthday with a friend, and the food and service was outstanding. The steak sashimi was wonderfully flavored and the steaks were outstanding. I would definitely recommend the place and would revisit in the future. I'm assuming the table fiasco was a one offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO MUCH NOISEGoodFoodProDined on 9/10/2014The food was very good. Extremely noisy! We had to yell to hear each other. Restaurant wants to accommodate as many people as possible and the tables are very close to each other. My opinion - the place is overrrated
- Soooo Much NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014Love Mastro's steaks. However, you will not be able to hear the person next to you! Very disappointing for our group. So, so dark. Not necessary. Very uncomfortable for a lengthy, group dinner. Bar and entertainment - amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAwesomeVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great place to meet up with clients. Great food and service. A few minor issues; the dining room tonight was a bit too dark and it felt like the heat was on? The noise level was pretty hight too. However the overall experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/8/2014The food was outstanding as always. The bone in steaks were all cooked to perfection and well marbled. The Mac & Cheese is second to none! Our server on the hand was to busy talking to his colleagues to ask us how our meal was until it was tip time. Maybe we didn't drink enough to warrant his attention. Nonetheless it's still on the top of our list for steakhouses.Special Features:
- Great Business Dinner FindnycpogoDined on 9/7/2014You expect a great steak at a steakhouse and at these prices that's almost what we received. One of the orders had to be returned for being overcooked. But the service was excellent in that he really took care of my needs as a pregnant woman and made sure my requests were adhered to. The salad and mushrooms were fantastic...I'd return for a dinner absolutely as it's one of the best steaks I've had in Chicago.Special Features:
- OK experience ....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Nice restaurant, very loud for a sunday night. This is definately a expense account place, prices on some things were rideculous! Ordered the Heirloom tomato salad in the peak of the season, we did not get Heirloom tomato's on the plate... Food was good, steak done perfectly - but very rich .... Glad we tryed it but will defer to other steak houses when given the option.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great steaks and deserts. One of my favorite restaurants in Chicago and Beverly HillsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsfood4funDined on 9/6/2014Been to Mastro's several times never disappointed. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed a great tasteful dinner, with superb service for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersheluvsmeDined on 9/5/2014Took my girl here for her birthday and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eak4Dined on 9/4/2014From the seafood tower to the petite filet to the various sides (sautéed spinach, lobster mash potatoes, mushrooms), everything was flavorful and properly prepared. A person could find the same quality of food at a different restaurant for less cost but I don't believe the pricing at Mastro is exorbitant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at mastrosMSHCHIDined on 9/4/2014Our dinning experience was abating at mastros bill out server was great! Lobster mashed potatoes were by far my favorite and the soups! Excellent job mastros at providing a wonderful dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyDaveDined on 9/3/2014Way noisy. Would not return. Also, very dark. Wait staff uses flashlights to illuminate the menus.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great service, ambiance would make anyone feel romantic, I wish all places were like this. Loved everything about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's IronytigigandiDined on 8/31/2014Mastro's is supposed to be a formal dining place with class and ambience. But when we were there last August 31, there was live music provided in the bar which was too loud and this reached all of dining areas, even up to the second floor. This reduced the classiness and formality of the restaurant. Also, lighting was too dark that they gave us flash light to read the menu. I do not think it needs to be this dark.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Had the best Steak I've ever had in a restaurant (Bone-in Ribeye) and, I've been to many great steakhouses. Great wine selection, appetizers were phenomenal. The staff was polite, prompt, and very friendly and knowledgeable. Only small complaint I have is that it was very dark inside. A lot of candle light and dim lighting. I can't wait for my next windy city trip.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceAllTimeFoodieDined on 8/31/2014We had the pleasure of dining here for my boyfriend's birthday and we LOVED it! We had the french onion soup which was very rich in flavor and great texture of cheese and right amount of onions. We had the Mastro's salad and it was just ok. The blue cheese and onions were overpowering and the dressing was creamy which I thought was too thick for the salad overall. However, the Tomahawk steak was absolutely HANDS DOWN grilled to perfection! Savory taste and perfect texture of medium cooked steak. We ordered a side of the Alaskan King Crab gnocchi pasta and its an all time favorite of mine. Our server brought him a slice of chocolate cake which was complimentary...i thought that was a great finishing touch. We enjoyed the live band as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Food and service were great. Must try the butter cake, absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- great food and servicechisteakgoerDined on 8/31/2014Second time eating at a Mastros. Didnt remember it being so dark. Lobster bisque was weak but lettuce wedge, fillets and lobster mash potatoes awesome. Will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's mastered the art of food!BHarrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was absolutely delicious! I had the petite filet (cooked perfectly), sautéed spinach, and Mac n cheese! For dessert I had the butter cake (OMG!) It was rich, moist, buttery....definitely a mist have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations...that were met!MrSpillVIPDined on 8/30/2014Although we were a little concerned from the reviews we read on Open Table, we really enjoyed our evening. We sat in the main dining room and had a nice view outside. The lighting, music, and cocktails were perfect for us. The steaks were amazing as were the brussel sprouts. And yes, the butter cake is as good as everyone says...and I'm a chocolate person. Regarding price, it's a very nice Chicago steak house, so if that is not in your budget, then choose another restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!CarnivoreDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful food and service. Plus the bar was fun. Lots of people and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRnp1Dined on 8/29/2014We were in town visiting. Hotel recommended the restaurant. When we arrived we were a little skeptical as we had Two young teenage boys with us. The maître d and wait staff could not have been more accommodating. The dinner was fantastic We had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerSteveVIPDined on 8/29/2014Many great Chicago steak houses to choose from to celebrate a special occasion(I have tried most of them) but I have to say that Mastro's is as good as it gets. While expensive(but no more so then Chicago Cut, Del Frisco's, etc) we received a terrific dining experience. Great in all respects from not waiting for our table(on a friday night), never feeling rushed, food cooked to perfection, etc One tip is ask for a window table as great ambiance and easy to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Love the steaks and all the sides! Also the butter cake dessert was to die forSpecial Features:
- Superior in every wayMichaelDined on 8/28/2014From the initial greeting to cocktails - appetizers - main course and the all important butter cake - flawless. A definite repeat.Special Features:
- So SojerryandD1Dined on 8/26/2014We are eating our way on the Top Steakhouses this one I thought should not be as high rated. The décor was nice the drinks were pricey and not that good. Steaks had alright flavor. Loud and noisey but can overlook that. If you are like us and trying the Steak list try for yourself maybe we hit a bad night.
- Service was outstandingACRMDined on 8/26/2014I had a flight cancelled and had a client meeting another independent business group, with me being the contact. I knew I would be extremely late, but still wanted the 2 parties to have dinner. I called ahead, explained the situation and the staff at Mastro's took care of everyone untill my very late arrival. Even allowed me to preorder appetizers. Service does matter. Hats off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014The staff was wonderful and did EXACTLY as stated on the notes section of the opentable website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingsKYLINEDined on 8/23/2014Had the most expensive stuff on the menu, was worth it. 500 dollar caviar was fire.Special Features:
- Mastros SteakhousebonsfoodDined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere was way too dark and loud. There was a 3 piece band in the bar that the music was piped into the dining room and when they were on break, the music was still being piped in and very loud. It was not the ambiance that I would expect for the prices and location. The prices were extremely high and not worth it. I must say that our waitress was fantastic which was the only real plus. If we were drinkers, our bill would have been over $100 a piece. I would not even recommend this place even for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fabulous Experience!MangiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding food and service! It was a special girls night celebration of our 60th birthdays. We're a group of high school friends. Only one negative - very noisy. Could not have table conversation without shouting. However would definitely recommend to others because everything else was phenomenal!Special Features:
- curlyjoe7Dined on 8/21/2014I thought the service,food,ambiance was wonderful for a couple celebrating their 32nd wedding anniversary. The small touches enhanced our experience. Would go back in a drop of a dime. GREAT!!!Special Features:
- A little disappointedParmesanCrustLoverVIPDined on 8/21/2014From the greeting at the host desk all the way down to boxing of the food (which was a lot of it) the service was beyond good! BUT being the steakhouse foodie that I am I was really looking forward to the food which was a bit of a let down. My husband filet tasted like there was no seasoning at all on it. My rack of lamb had a lil seasoning and was okay. His broccoli had no salt in pepper and that Gonzalo Mac & Cheese was bland. Again the live band and the service was the best but because the meal was such a disappointment, I dare not try dessert to be disappointed just to add more $$$ to my already $200 bill. I don't mind paying for good food but compared to Ruth Chris, Gibson's and even Wild Fire I'd never return on my own $$$.Special Features:
- Great Food - Great Servicefood4lifeVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love the food here. Always superior quality and perfect ambience.Special Features:
- overrated overpricedDukieDined on 8/17/2014I had better steaks for almost half the price few nights ago. Wildfire is just a much better value for your money than this place. I would not go to this place again nor will I recommend it to my friends.
- Delicious MealCel12Dined on 8/16/2014Mastro's never disappoints!! The service and food was fantastic! We love this place!!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningLoveAndHonor1809VIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dining experience. Dax was an awesome server and the food was incredible, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.