Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
2087 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8054181811x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adrian Giese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: For your next event please contact John Gress
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks - Best Restaurants in Thousand Oaks ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)notable wine list (85)romantic (82)fit for foodies (78)vibrant bar scene (73)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (39)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great experienceEricDined on 10/27/2014What a wonderful time that we had sitting in the bar and listening to beautiful music and enjoying a terrific meal. The bone in ribeye was cooked perfectly and the chocolate cake and whipped cream was amazing !! The server Jessalyn was fantastic. Very engaging and she enhanced our evening tremendously.Special Features:
- Chared SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014On all three occasions the meat at Thousand oak’s has NO comparison to Beverly Hills. Two weeks ago we dined at the new Malibu location…. What a great steak! Great drinks and great service. steaks at Thousand Oaks were charred and burnet on the outside. You could taste the burn. Every mouthful tasted of bitter chare! Never did our waitress come and ask, “how is the food?" this was my wife’s birthday. So for $120.00 in burnet steaks what did they give us? a free desert!!! lol The manager didn’t even come by our table to apologize. We will NEVER go there again. If you want a great steak go to Mastro’s Beverly hill or Malibu. You will not be disappointed.
- Please improve serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/23/2014I've become aware through my own experiences, and a few girlfriends similar grievances, that the female wait staff seems to have a gender bias. When I appear with my spouse, the service is great? I'm very disappointed. I dined again with my sons recently. They commented on the attitude of our waitress. Everyone has a bad day, but this is repeatitive now. If one requests bread, it is unnessarry to be condescending. Maestros was supposed to mean great food and service for everyone. Not waitresses looking for a new husband.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatGlobalfishDined on 10/21/2014The chef's cut ribeye was not very flavorful compared to others I have had at similar steak houses (Morton's and Ruth's Chris). The sides, soups and salads we had were similarly good but not memorable. Service was attentive and the musical duo playing on the bar were fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014As usual we had a great dining experience, food was delicious and the service was great. Hope to be back soon. Thank you mastro's for making our 28th year Anniversary special once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceLove2DineOutDined on 10/18/2014Dinner at Mastro's was a wonderful experience. The wait staff was very knowledgeable, and theSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at it's bestWannaBeConnoisseurDined on 10/17/2014I've heard about Mastro's through friends but had never tried it till the other night. I have to say it surpassed all my expectations. I love the low lit ambiance in the room my girlfriend and I were sat in (we did request a more private setting). The bar area seemed more energetic. The service was prompt and courteous. My girlfriend order the double pork chop and I had the bone in ribeye. Both were amazing! Ive never had that thick of a chop and have it be so moist and tender. The ribeye was also prepared perfect. Both had a nice sear on the outside yet juicy and tender on the inside both with the perfect amount of seasoning. A little pricey but in my opinion worth every penny. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Splurged for an anniversary dinner but was disappointed. Although the service was great, the food was only OK. For $200 for 2, I was expecting great. I've had many a meal at many places that was better for half the price.
- Delicious and RomanticHappyninjaDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday and Mastros did not disappoint. The drinks, appetizers, salads, sides, steaks and desserts were beyond delicious. The atmosphere was intimate and our server was knowledgeable, helpful and incredibly professional. They don't miss a detail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time managementmaloDined on 10/15/2014Reservation was for 645pm... we were seated at 735. Manager ordered us some appetizers for inconvenience but to be honest it felt so rushed and my visitors from Australia didn't get the experience I was hoping for. Appetizers were appreciated absolutely. But I'd rather spend the $ instead of being rushed and missing out on the experience Mastros usually offers. Normally not a big deal at all... however I won't be seeing my best friend for another three years. Oh well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkFamilyDined on 10/15/2014Good service, good quality of steak, but i've had them grilled better. Very nice staff.Special Features:
- Great food but very loudWhycookDined on 10/8/2014Food is excellent. It's Mastro's, of course it's gonna be great. But the noise level was so loud that my wife and I had to shout to hear each other. And no, we're not old (45 & 48)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checks with hostess not pleasant!Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/4/2014Perhaps those hired as a hostess (Katie) should have a GED with an actual ability to read names if they are going to work the front checkin! Your hostess sets the tone of whether is will be a good or bad evening! Katie was unapologetic and would not take responsibility for horribly miss pronouncing a simple name, then issued the taunt "you will never find out my name" when she knew she had angered out group! Without that encounter, the food was great, as expected! Service was always too notch and the ambiance was pleasing! The front check in needs help! :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeLovinLifeDined on 10/2/2014First visit for my wife and I and it met our expectations in every way. Great bar, huge martinis, and a very good live duet for entertainment. For dinner we had the ribeye for two which was full of flavor and char (yum). We also got half sides of the lobster gnocchi and the snap peas. Both were perfectly prepared and halves are plenty for two. The meal really was great and there was extra to take home. Fine steakhouse prices, but with quality like this it is worth the price.Special Features:
- Expensive but worth itCDladyDined on 9/30/2014For our 42 anniversary we went to Mastros. It was amazing and the good was excellent ( except the mushrooms weren't very good tasted like dirt) but will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep returningmitchpfsDined on 9/29/2014If we could afford to go once a week we would. Once every couple of months will have to do. From perfectly made, well-presented, and generous cocktails to meats prepared exactly as you order to sides that are also spot on. Mastros never disappoints. I hope that they continue to maintain their brand now that they are part of the Landry's umbrella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Mastros is my favorite restaurant in TO. I am not big on steaks generally, but if I want a perfect steak this is where I go. The petit fillet mignon is cooked to perfection. Sides are amazing, cocktails in the shakers., piano bar. It is all good...feel like I am in New York City...so elegant and sophisticated. Highly recommend for special occasion...excellent service.Special Features:
- Good FoodReviewerDined on 9/28/2014Celebrated a birthday here and had a great dinner. Food was amazing as usual. Service lacked for the first time at this restaurant. Our server was amazing but she had no helper. Normally this restaurant is above and beyond service wise but on this night it lacked. Overall, great food and great restaurant. Always have nice live music playing. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:
- We really liked it.FoodDined on 9/28/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was excellent! They definitely go the "extra mile".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, leasurley diningDatenightDined on 9/28/2014The food was outstanding and worth the price. Plan on an extended dining experience. We allowed one and a half hours to eat and it was very tight. The waitress was handling five tables. She was very nice and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong ordersRachelVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were initially disappointed with the size of the appetizers considering the amount of money charged for a simple salad. The creamed spinach was very soupy and to all of us a disappointment. My first salad delivered wasn't what I ordered and the second one, which was correct, was so overdressed that it was sent back. I ended up not eating the entire evening.Two folks at the table each ordered the tomatoes & baratta & felt it was fine but nothing special for the $20 price tag. I must say that everyone who had a steak said that it was good but not worth the substantial increase in price compared to Morton's. It's quite obvious that Masto's doesn't need my business considering the crowd at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great FindbabygDined on 9/27/2014Great food and service, a lovely night out, definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Triple birthday celebrationBrolimomDined on 9/26/2014My husband, his twin sister and I have the same birthday and we celebrated this year at Mastros. We had a great evening. Delicious food, wonderful service and the best martini ever. Thanks for making our evening special, Mastros!Special Features:
- Better than that other placeslotr6Dined on 9/26/2014Mastros seriously blew the competition out and I mean seriously. They all come close but nothing will get you ready for he experience to comeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shellVIPDined on 9/26/2014We go to this restaurant quite a bit. We had a party of 6 and reservations were for 7:30. We were not seated until almost 8:30. We were offered a drink when it was about 8:15. Had they offered it earlier it might have taken the edge off of how the hostesses were promising a table but didn't get one for quite a while. The service and food after that was very good although they put my food into someone else's doggy bag so I didn't get to enjoy my food the next day!!!!Special Features:
- Where is the good old Mastro's?DisappointedDinerDined on 9/22/2014I am a long time customer of Mastro's and was saddened to experience such a disappointing evening. The server confused our orders, the Caesar salad was soaked in dressing and the Mac & Cheese was far to gooey with the strong, pungent cheese. The rib-eye was about 30% fat - not marbled; big chunks of white, unmelted fat. Both the Mac & Cheese and the steak, when they cooled literally congealed ...sort of "set-up" - like cement does. The actual plates on which the entrees were served were so hot (I suppose Maestro's thinks this is hip) as to nearly scald me - I had to be very wary to avoid touching the plate while navigating feeding myself. My steak arrived "medium rare" but was "medium well" by the time I got to it. I'm very disappointedSpecial Features:
- All About LaurenMatureNewlywedsDined on 9/22/2014Lauren provided amazing service for our 1st Anniversary dinner celebration. We've been in a birthday and anniversary celebration mode for several weeks enjoying gr8 restaurants around here and Seattle. The steak and seafood tower were excellent and the service even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markSlightlySonicDined on 9/21/2014We've dined at Mastro's a number of times and have always found the food and service to be top notch.... The evening of 9/21/14 was a an exception. My steak was salty, my new wife's 2lb fresh lobster tough... Our first mistake; we had asked for a quiet table but really just wound up in a relatively dark corner indeed getting the slow and 'semi-abandoned' service we had feared when placed in our "quiet seats". Honestly, everything was so sub-par I just didn't have the courage to speak up while there and say this meal was the worst we'd ever had at a "Steak House". Ruth's or Flemming's would have crushed it - we even wished we went down the road to old trusty Wood Ranch, could have saved a ton of coin and had a great meal!!! Honeymoon timeSpecial Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, a fun place to go for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Not as good as last time !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014While our server Wesley was super nice and patient, the food wasn't nearly as good as last time! Esp my Ribeye!!! Came out RAW and while I hesitated to send back, no way could I eat it !! Of course it came back burnt on the outside!! To Wesley's side, he was kind enough to remove off the bill!!! It was disappointing that no mgr even came by which I know they are supposes to!!!! It seems like Mastro's caters more to the Westlake snobs as we all noticed the GM hanging around those tables all nite! Great time with our friends, and thanks Wesley for the birthday treats!!! You more then made up for poor management follow up!!'nSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We had an amazing dinner! The food was super delicious and the service great! Definitely going back.
- ServiceFoodieDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent. Have been there many times and this was the first time we had to wait for 45'min to get seated. Once we were seated there was also a wait time for our waiter, bread, drinks etc. We would definitely go back because the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor experienceFoodhoundDined on 9/19/2014Not at all what I expected from a very high end steak house. I had reservations and we had to wait over 30 minutes to be seated. The music was so loud we complained and it only seemed to get louder. The server was overwhelmed and did a poor job in servicing our table. I will stick to Ruth Chris!!!
- Nancy MarksLuckyoneVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and engagement! What a great place to be! Except for being a bit noisy, even during the week! Service and food were excellent!Special Features:
- Almost a winnerJujuDined on 9/16/2014Very enjoyable evening. Excellent chopped salad, chocolate birthday cake. My halibut was very ordinary and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerJandCDined on 9/15/2014This was our fourth time to dine here. Still outstanding food and service, but only for special occasions for us.Special Features:
- mixery1Dined on 9/14/2014It is simply, THE BEST!! It is my favorite Mastro's because it is not as loud as Beverly Hills and Malibu. The food and service are unmatched as are the prices; but, if you want the best..... The duo playing in the bar was EXCELLENT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as BH, without the wait!alfalfa323Dined on 9/13/2014This was an excellent experience. Oysters tasted as if they were still alive, and steaks were perfectly cooked. We love the BH original location, but we have had waits of up to and hour and a half WITH A RESERVATION BOOKED A MONTH IN ADVANCE. At the TO location we walked in and were immediately seated.Special Features:
- Always an amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Mastros is by far an A+ restaurant and experience. It is the best restaurant anywhere within 100 miles hands down. Every time we have dined it has been spot on. The food, the service, the ambiance, make you feel like you are a king and queen. Ask for the server Lauren. She is top notch. She knows how to take care of her guests and shows you how a great server can make a great experience an amazing one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightFranDined on 9/11/2014We experienced a wonderful night at Mastro's celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary with our family. Service and food was outstanding. Prices are high so we consider this a special occasion dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.