Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
2087 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8054181811x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adrian Giese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: For your next event please contact John Gress
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks - Best Restaurants in Thousand Oaks ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (164)romantic (98)notable wine list (93)fit for foodies (79)vibrant bar scene (77)hot spot (43)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (41)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Another Great DinnerJandCDined on 9/15/2014This was our fourth time to dine here. Still outstanding food and service, but only for special occasions for us.Special Features:
- mixery1Dined on 9/14/2014It is simply, THE BEST!! It is my favorite Mastro's because it is not as loud as Beverly Hills and Malibu. The food and service are unmatched as are the prices; but, if you want the best..... The duo playing in the bar was EXCELLENT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Mastros is by far an A+ restaurant and experience. It is the best restaurant anywhere within 100 miles hands down. Every time we have dined it has been spot on. The food, the service, the ambiance, make you feel like you are a king and queen. Ask for the server Lauren. She is top notch. She knows how to take care of her guests and shows you how a great server can make a great experience an amazing one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightFranDined on 9/11/2014We experienced a wonderful night at Mastro's celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary with our family. Service and food was outstanding. Prices are high so we consider this a special occasion dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPandapowerDined on 9/11/2014The food at Maestro's is the best. The steak is flavorful and melts in your mouth. We also ordered the seafood tower. The presentation was amazing and the seafood was fresh. We ended the dinner with the butter cake which is so rich and flavorful. There are 2 reasons why I did not give 5 stars. One was the music in the restaurant. It was not a live band but pop music being played through the speakers. Some times the music was at a decent level but most of the time the music got loud and we had to raise our voices to have a conversation. I don't know how the servers did not notice the loud music. Also, the server forgot a couple of things that we ordered. By the time she came back to the table we were finished with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenmindDined on 9/10/2014The food was hot and tasty, the portion was very generous. The service was mediocre to fit for a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- Personal servicefancyDined on 9/4/2014The chef came out to discuss my gluten allergy with me.Special Features:
- PatGVIPDined on 8/31/2014Everything was stellar - the food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Never disappointsGaryDined on 8/30/2014The servings are rather large. Splitting meals is a must especially if you want to save some room for dessert. The Rib-eye, absolutely delicious. And of course try to save room for the Butter cake; it is so good. We have usually received great service with great waiters. Friendly and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!Yumfam6Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious food and excellent service all the time. The only suggestion would be for live performance to be more jazzy. The pop songs don't match the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay/Birthday dinneruclarmsDined on 8/29/2014As always, great quality food and presentation. Excellent service and comfortable setting, but a bit noisy. Plenty of leftovers for another meals. Wife and I ordered 12 ounce filet, wedge, snap peas, and twice baked potato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and Mastro's was highly recommended to us by our friends. It was so much better than I expected! We were addressed by name and told happy anniversary. Alana was an amazing server. Very helpful and knowledgeable and friendly! I would highly recommend Mastro's and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great evening35anniversaryDined on 8/23/2014I would have to say our waiter was very ,very good !! Give him an A ++++++++++++++++. Had the best 37 year anniversary ever. The food was GREAT the noise could come down a bit with the help of acoustic on the patio. See you soon T & MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service as great as the foodDadpoolDined on 8/23/2014While I've been to a few restaurants that featured outstanding steaks and sides, what made Mastro's different was our server Erin. She was fun, knowledgeable, asked the right questions and really went out of her way to enhance our dining experience. She put this whole dinner over the top and was the difference maker, turning this in to an already cherished memory. The steaks were wonderful and the roasted Brussels Sprouts were terrific. The special side of the night was a scallop risotto with black truffles that I'm still dreaming about.Special Features:
- Expensive but worth it!MartinDined on 8/22/2014Although quite expensive, I believe it was worth it. The service was great, lots of little touches. The food was great and the portions very generous. Also expensive, the drinks were generous pours. As an example, the martini's were two glassfuls in size. The warm butter cake desert was large enough for 3 or 4 to share. My wife and I shared a large ribeye steak and still brought home another meal's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Day of High School for SonELN55VIPDined on 8/21/2014Had a great time with Son for his first day of High School. Really enjoyed visit with Adrian, and special appetizer, thank you and Congrats on the Baby Girl. Big Eyed Ahi was really beautiful and delicious. Son had KC Strip, perfectly prepared by kitchen. Just a really nice evening and meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014Our waitress, Loren, was very professional and attentive - the best we have ever had at Mastro's in Thousand Oaks!Special Features:
- Mr.Peter OConnorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent overall,really,Im in the business and am very pickySpecial Features:
- FantasticKaramimiDined on 8/20/2014Excellent food and great service. One of my family's favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local DelicaciesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/20146 of us from work went for dinner & were delighted with excellent service, continuous care, & the most phenomenal Steaks as always. We shared 3 sides among us which were the incredible sugar snap peas, roasted brussell sprouts, & the lobster mashed potatoes. Perfect amount for all 6 of us to share. One of us got the beautiful Lobster Cocktail as a main dish & it was awesome. The rest all had different types of Bone-In steaks & there was not a bite left, except a bag full of nice bones for our dogs. For dessert we had the Warm Butter Cake which is our utmost favorite. We got everything on the side so everyone could try their own mix. We spent just shy of 3 unrushed hours there eating & talking through the evening. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousReviewerDined on 8/18/2014Had dinner on Monday night at Mastro's in Thousand Oaks. Food was out of this world delicious. Steak melted in your mouth. Cream Corn was unbelievable and topped it off with a butter cake for dessert that was simply amazing. Good times.Special Features:
- Cozy and ElegantHungry4Dined on 8/17/2014Great food and excellent customer service. Our anniversary celebration was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGdfoodfor2Dined on 8/16/2014First timer. Delicious food and drinks. Reminded my girlfriend of Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitenpeaterDined on 8/15/2014The most exquisite dinning experience we've had in Ventura County. Food, Service, and Ambience where beyond compare.Special Features:
- Great Boys Night OutELN55VIPDined on 8/14/2014An excellent evening at Mastro's. Staff were all wonderful, food was really perfect. Sat at Bar and had very good service. We ordered 4 different steaks, and every single one was cooked to perfection and incredibly flavorful. It was busy and and very vibrant, great buzz and activity. Really nice to visit with Erin and Jimmy, thanks!! Just had a really great time. LOL EricSpecial Features:
- Great food...butBivaVIPDined on 8/13/2014I went there for a dinner meeting...we couldn't get a table so we sat in the bar. Food was excellent but the service was subpar. I understand that we were not at a table but I'm still paying the same and eating the same food. It was not the service I would expect, but will go back. Just never sit in the bar if you want the service you should expect of a a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- AmazingUnhappyDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our daughters 29th birthday and everything was amazing. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise!Love2eatoutVIPDined on 8/9/2014Celebrated my birthday with a spectacular meal and the complimentary chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream was really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Server!whereshallwegoDined on 8/9/2014Our server was Brittany and she was great! She knew the menu and was always there before we needed her. The food was very good . . . very expensive but they had some special dishes that were fun to try. Our steaks were cooked perfectly. We live out of the area, but received a gift card so it was fun to visit the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Fav Spot!LoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 8/8/2014Mastro's is the perfect date night restaurant; great food and ambiance. The live music makes it a fun evening... I am a pescatarian, although this is a steakhouse, the seafood is amazing!Special Features:
- Keeper!!mantaspaceDined on 8/7/2014Mastros is a keeper. What a wonderful place to have a terrific steak, great sides and the most amazing butter cake!!! I highly recommend anyone go at least once. We have been a few times now and have gotten the tomahawk steak which is a real treat!Special Features:
- Consistently high qualityNinaSVIPDined on 8/6/2014Consistently amazing food, service and atmosphere. Highest quality restaurant in the Conejo Valley.Special Features:
- Food reviewFood35Dined on 8/1/2014Even though we clearly made reservations we still had to wait almost an hour to be seated in the back of a room area away from the ambience and the nice table we had requested ahead of time. Food was out standing. Not sure if it would be a repeat for this location. You dont always get what you pay for.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Terrific food as always. Great service, as always. Noise level is VERY high. Quiet conversations are impossible. The only benefit of the noise level is that conversations can't be heard by your neighbors at the tables nearby........which, by the way, are too darned close! As far as the prices, be prepared for sticker shock if you haven't been before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantastic experiencedinnerguestDined on 7/30/2014Always fantastic food, service and ambiance, including live music. Music can be loud (but still very good), so if you want to talk more with your party, ask for a table in the quieter room.Special Features:
- Mastro's: An Over-Rated SteakhouseSilverGensDined on 7/28/2014The food at Mastro's is good, but not spectacular, thus, in my opinion this restaurant is over-priced and over-rated. The menu is ordinary, very similar to Ruth Chris but with a very small selection of fish plates. Our steaks were perfectly cooked, but they over did the seasoning. My wife and I found them too salty. They have a great selection of wines but they charge 1/3 of the price of a bottle for each glass, thus, you are better of buying the bottle if you can afford it. Service was very good. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. Overall, they fell short of our expectations.Special Features:
- A fine night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Christina was an excellent server. Polite, genuine and professional. She really took care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioussplurgeryDined on 7/26/2014While the a la carte prices are astronomical (e.g., $12 for a salad, up to $97 for a special 8 oz. steak, etc.), the preparation and flavors are to die for.Special Features:
- Believe the hype5starDined on 7/25/2014Heard a lot about this place before booking a reservation. The steak is amazing. The best filet I've ever had. Staff was extremely knowledgeable about their selections. The ambience for a Friday night was perfect. My girl and I enjoyed it immensely. If you're looking for a first rate steak house, book a reservation here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in Thousand OaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Great place to celebrate a special event. A lot of people do the same thing. Must have been a dozen birthdays while we were there. Expensive.Special Features: