Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
2087 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (805) 418-1811
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adrian Giese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: For your next event please contact John Gress
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks - Best Restaurants in Thousand Oaks ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)notable wine list (91)fit for foodies (88)romantic (80)vibrant bar scene (72)hot spot (52)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (42)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The perfect dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Food is amazing. The service....WOW. The employees truly care and want you to have that perfect dining experience. From the Executive Chef all the way to the Valet crew! It's a wonderful warm experience enjoyed by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere else!Mrsjz16Dined on 11/14/2014I was dissapointed not being called and told my reservation was unable to be meet at room I requested. That would have changed my dining plans that evening! I was already told it would be to loud for the occasion anywhere else in the restaurant. They took me to a table where I had all the bar noise I couldn't hear my husband that was directly across from me. Our server (Tony) was so dry and rude. Was not friendly at all! The bussers and even other staff were much friendlier great with smiles and all very inviting. I couldn't even get a decent wine pairing suggestion out if him. It was an awkward dinner. We enjoyed the food but I will take my business elsewhere next time.Special Features:
- Upscale Steakhouse in the BurbswhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 11/13/2014Once again, we chose to dine in the bar. Entertainment makes it nice and the sound is great yet not intrusive. Keri waited on us, she was busy but managed to take really good care of us along with the bus staff. Our porterhouse was flavorful and the chef not only prepared it perfectly, he cut it clean off the bone. It was presented with the bone and was plentiful for two to share, with leftover. Fries are always done right here, again, leftovers. The Caesar was nicely dress, we requested anchovies and definitely happy with the result. Oysters and Dungeness Crab were fresh, lots of crab in the appetizer portion. This month, Mastro's Thousand Oaks has been a hot spot for us - we plan to go back again before month end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for special occasionsLobonorrisDined on 11/8/2014We go to Mastro's for every special occasion and we look for lots of things to celebrate. Another wonderful night.Special Features:
- steak and seafood loverSteakloverDined on 11/8/2014Truly the best steak and seafood house around, although a little more pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Expensive, Loud and OverbookedNeumahnDined on 11/8/2014We arrived 15 minutes early and the Maître d advised us the table was not ready yet. We said that was fine and would wait. The table was still not ready after our reservation time. They explained that the problem was the other party had not left yet. I was disappointed because that should not have become my problem, that was their problem and they probably should leave more time between bookings. I cannot complain about the food, it was excellent, however the prices are very high as is the noise level. It was so loud in there that we literally had to yell at one another to have a conversation. It was not a pleasant dining experience.
- Simply amazing!ReneeRectorDined on 11/7/2014This was our 6th or 7th time at Mastros and we just adore it. One of our best visits yet. A bit on the expensive side but really... It's worth it! The servers are so knowledgeable, timely and tentative. I had the Japanese Waigu (a must try) and the dry ice martini. Yummy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuna Tostadas!SkatesDined on 11/7/2014Our favorite sushi chef from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico has shared his special Nik San recipes with Mastro's! Now we can enjoy them more than twice a year. We have been looking forward to Angel bringing his talent north of the border!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBoogieDined on 11/6/2014We always go to mastros for special occasions and it never fails to be spectacular!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class SteakhousewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 11/6/2014Mastro's is, indeed, the finest dining in Thousand Oaks. Love the ambiance of the bar, entertainment is always good without being obtrusive. If you prefer more intimate dining, there are formal dining rooms. We chose to dine in the bar area this visit. Service was very good, friendly and attentive. The crab appetizer is fresh and plentiful. Oysters fresh and flavorful. We shared the spinach salad, perfectly dressed and large enough for 2. Steaks here are quality and always prepared to order. Yes, it is expensive, but the quality of beef here is superior. Portions are large and we do enjoy our leftovers! If you love bread, you will enjoy the fresh bread basket here. Gnocchi delicious, fries also make great leftovers reheated. Nice evening
- Expected Better; Was OKAnon22Dined on 11/2/2014We've dined one other time previously and had a great experience, but the same could not be said for our last visit. Even though we had a reservation, we still had to wait about 15 minutes after we arrived to be seated. Getting bread and water to start took two visits and about 10 minutes. Our server left in the middle of ordering our food to go take care of something else. We were bumped into at least 3 times by the staff while dining. My husband's steak was burned and bitter, so we had to send it back. They took all of the food away while they remade his steak, so we couldn't eat anything. My steak was more well done than I wanted. Ended up taking the food home to eat since it took so long to get everything. Not the best visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014they have awesome crab cakes and huge sides portions. sides are shareable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but OverpricedCaliToniDined on 11/1/2014While Mastro's was very good, I was not very impressed with the value. I expected it to be expensive, but I did not expect a $40 corking fee ($35, plus they tax it so it ends up at about $40) - much, much higher than the standard fee! Also, there is no parking other than valet, and not only do you have to tip, but they charge $4.50. So after you spend $200 on a meal, you have to pay for parking. This was exacerbated by the fact that if you don't have cash and have to pay by credit card, they add an additional $3.50 to the charge for the "tip." This all seemed pretty ridiculous to me. It is also rather loud. Service is good, but not exquisite. Food is what you would expect - standard fair similar to Morton's or Fleming's.Special Features:
- If you can afford itPianoboatDined on 10/31/2014Two words: Ridiculously expensive. A 12 oz steak for $56? Yes, it was delicious and very well prepared. The sauteed mushrooms were good and the portion was large, but they were not quite as good as the very simple ones we cook at home. The pea pods were pretty boring, and I felt they should have been cooked a tiny bit more. Basically they were raw and hot. Not bad, just nothing special. We had the bone-in rib-eye steak, a special which was a Hawaiian fish (it was good), mushrooms, pea pods, desert (very good but not that special) and one margarita (which was good, but 80% ice). With a good tip the total was $205. We had a gift card for $100 and didn't figure we'd go much beyond that, but... If you're rich, go for it. Otherwise? Not worth itSpecial Features:
- Joske BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014It was our first time dining at your restaurant. My wife absolutely loved her birthday dinner and experience. We would love to come back sometime soon. Thanks so much for a wonderful memorable moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEricDined on 10/27/2014What a wonderful time that we had sitting in the bar and listening to beautiful music and enjoying a terrific meal. The bone in ribeye was cooked perfectly and the chocolate cake and whipped cream was amazing !! The server Jessalyn was fantastic. Very engaging and she enhanced our evening tremendously.Special Features:
- Chared SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014On all three occasions the meat at Thousand oak’s has NO comparison to Beverly Hills. Two weeks ago we dined at the new Malibu location…. What a great steak! Great drinks and great service. steaks at Thousand Oaks were charred and burnet on the outside. You could taste the burn. Every mouthful tasted of bitter chare! Never did our waitress come and ask, “how is the food?" this was my wife’s birthday. So for $120.00 in burnet steaks what did they give us? a free desert!!! lol The manager didn’t even come by our table to apologize. We will NEVER go there again. If you want a great steak go to Mastro’s Beverly hill or Malibu. You will not be disappointed.
- Please improve serviceLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/23/2014I've become aware through my own experiences, and a few girlfriends similar grievances, that the female wait staff seems to have a gender bias. When I appear with my spouse, the service is great? I'm very disappointed. I dined again with my sons recently. They commented on the attitude of our waitress. Everyone has a bad day, but this is repeatitive now. If one requests bread, it is unnessarry to be condescending. Maestros was supposed to mean great food and service for everyone. Not waitresses looking for a new husband.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatGlobalfishDined on 10/21/2014The chef's cut ribeye was not very flavorful compared to others I have had at similar steak houses (Morton's and Ruth's Chris). The sides, soups and salads we had were similarly good but not memorable. Service was attentive and the musical duo playing on the bar were fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014As usual we had a great dining experience, food was delicious and the service was great. Hope to be back soon. Thank you mastro's for making our 28th year Anniversary special once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceLove2DineOutDined on 10/18/2014Dinner at Mastro's was a wonderful experience. The wait staff was very knowledgeable, and theSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at it's bestWannaBeConnoisseurDined on 10/17/2014I've heard about Mastro's through friends but had never tried it till the other night. I have to say it surpassed all my expectations. I love the low lit ambiance in the room my girlfriend and I were sat in (we did request a more private setting). The bar area seemed more energetic. The service was prompt and courteous. My girlfriend order the double pork chop and I had the bone in ribeye. Both were amazing! Ive never had that thick of a chop and have it be so moist and tender. The ribeye was also prepared perfect. Both had a nice sear on the outside yet juicy and tender on the inside both with the perfect amount of seasoning. A little pricey but in my opinion worth every penny. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Splurged for an anniversary dinner but was disappointed. Although the service was great, the food was only OK. For $200 for 2, I was expecting great. I've had many a meal at many places that was better for half the price.
- Delicious and RomanticHappyninjaDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday and Mastros did not disappoint. The drinks, appetizers, salads, sides, steaks and desserts were beyond delicious. The atmosphere was intimate and our server was knowledgeable, helpful and incredibly professional. They don't miss a detail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time managementmaloDined on 10/15/2014Reservation was for 645pm... we were seated at 735. Manager ordered us some appetizers for inconvenience but to be honest it felt so rushed and my visitors from Australia didn't get the experience I was hoping for. Appetizers were appreciated absolutely. But I'd rather spend the $ instead of being rushed and missing out on the experience Mastros usually offers. Normally not a big deal at all... however I won't be seeing my best friend for another three years. Oh well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkFamilyDined on 10/15/2014Good service, good quality of steak, but i've had them grilled better. Very nice staff.Special Features:
- Great food but very loudWhycookDined on 10/8/2014Food is excellent. It's Mastro's, of course it's gonna be great. But the noise level was so loud that my wife and I had to shout to hear each other. And no, we're not old (45 & 48)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checks with hostess not pleasant!Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/4/2014Perhaps those hired as a hostess (Katie) should have a GED with an actual ability to read names if they are going to work the front checkin! Your hostess sets the tone of whether is will be a good or bad evening! Katie was unapologetic and would not take responsibility for horribly miss pronouncing a simple name, then issued the taunt "you will never find out my name" when she knew she had angered out group! Without that encounter, the food was great, as expected! Service was always too notch and the ambiance was pleasing! The front check in needs help! :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeLovinLifeDined on 10/2/2014First visit for my wife and I and it met our expectations in every way. Great bar, huge martinis, and a very good live duet for entertainment. For dinner we had the ribeye for two which was full of flavor and char (yum). We also got half sides of the lobster gnocchi and the snap peas. Both were perfectly prepared and halves are plenty for two. The meal really was great and there was extra to take home. Fine steakhouse prices, but with quality like this it is worth the price.Special Features:
- Expensive but worth itCDladyDined on 9/30/2014For our 42 anniversary we went to Mastros. It was amazing and the good was excellent ( except the mushrooms weren't very good tasted like dirt) but will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014Had a very nice dinner for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Staff was very attentive and gave wonderful recommendations for each course. Wine list was wonderful. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep returningmitchpfsDined on 9/29/2014If we could afford to go once a week we would. Once every couple of months will have to do. From perfectly made, well-presented, and generous cocktails to meats prepared exactly as you order to sides that are also spot on. Mastros never disappoints. I hope that they continue to maintain their brand now that they are part of the Landry's umbrella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Mastros is my favorite restaurant in TO. I am not big on steaks generally, but if I want a perfect steak this is where I go. The petit fillet mignon is cooked to perfection. Sides are amazing, cocktails in the shakers., piano bar. It is all good...feel like I am in New York City...so elegant and sophisticated. Highly recommend for special occasion...excellent service.Special Features:
- Good FoodReviewerDined on 9/28/2014Celebrated a birthday here and had a great dinner. Food was amazing as usual. Service lacked for the first time at this restaurant. Our server was amazing but she had no helper. Normally this restaurant is above and beyond service wise but on this night it lacked. Overall, great food and great restaurant. Always have nice live music playing. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:
- We really liked it.FoodDined on 9/28/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was excellent! They definitely go the "extra mile".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, leasurley diningDatenightDined on 9/28/2014The food was outstanding and worth the price. Plan on an extended dining experience. We allowed one and a half hours to eat and it was very tight. The waitress was handling five tables. She was very nice and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong ordersRachelVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were initially disappointed with the size of the appetizers considering the amount of money charged for a simple salad. The creamed spinach was very soupy and to all of us a disappointment. My first salad delivered wasn't what I ordered and the second one, which was correct, was so overdressed that it was sent back. I ended up not eating the entire evening.Two folks at the table each ordered the tomatoes & baratta & felt it was fine but nothing special for the $20 price tag. I must say that everyone who had a steak said that it was good but not worth the substantial increase in price compared to Morton's. It's quite obvious that Masto's doesn't need my business considering the crowd at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great FindbabygDined on 9/27/2014Great food and service, a lovely night out, definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Triple birthday celebrationBrolimomDined on 9/26/2014My husband, his twin sister and I have the same birthday and we celebrated this year at Mastros. We had a great evening. Delicious food, wonderful service and the best martini ever. Thanks for making our evening special, Mastros!Special Features:
- Better than that other placeslotr6Dined on 9/26/2014Mastros seriously blew the competition out and I mean seriously. They all come close but nothing will get you ready for he experience to comeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.