Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
2087 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8054181811x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adrian Giese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: For your next event please contact John Gress
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks - Best Restaurants in Thousand Oaks ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Thousand Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)notable wine list (94)romantic (92)fit for foodies (83)vibrant bar scene (78)hot spot (47)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (39)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good FoodReviewerDined on 9/28/2014Celebrated a birthday here and had a great dinner. Food was amazing as usual. Service lacked for the first time at this restaurant. Our server was amazing but she had no helper. Normally this restaurant is above and beyond service wise but on this night it lacked. Overall, great food and great restaurant. Always have nice live music playing. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Wrong ordersRachelDined on 9/27/2014We were initially disappointed with the size of the appetizers considering the amount of money charged for a simple salad. The creamed spinach was very soupy and to all of us a disappointment. My first salad delivered wasn't what I ordered and the second one, which was correct, was so overdressed that it was sent back. I ended up not eating the entire evening.Two folks at the table each ordered the tomatoes & baratta & felt it was fine but nothing special for the $20 price tag. I must say that everyone who had a steak said that it was good but not worth the substantial increase in price compared to Morton's. It's quite obvious that Masto's doesn't need my business considering the crowd at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great FindbabygDined on 9/27/2014Great food and service, a lovely night out, definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Triple birthday celebrationBrolimomDined on 9/26/2014My husband, his twin sister and I have the same birthday and we celebrated this year at Mastros. We had a great evening. Delicious food, wonderful service and the best martini ever. Thanks for making our evening special, Mastros!Special Features:
- Better than that other placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Mastros seriously blew the competition out and I mean seriously. They all come close but nothing will get you ready for he experience to comeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shellVIPDined on 9/26/2014We go to this restaurant quite a bit. We had a party of 6 and reservations were for 7:30. We were not seated until almost 8:30. We were offered a drink when it was about 8:15. Had they offered it earlier it might have taken the edge off of how the hostesses were promising a table but didn't get one for quite a while. The service and food after that was very good although they put my food into someone else's doggy bag so I didn't get to enjoy my food the next day!!!!Special Features:
- Where is the good old Mastro's?DisappointedDinerDined on 9/22/2014I am a long time customer of Mastro's and was saddened to experience such a disappointing evening. The server confused our orders, the Caesar salad was soaked in dressing and the Mac & Cheese was far to gooey with the strong, pungent cheese. The rib-eye was about 30% fat - not marbled; big chunks of white, unmelted fat. Both the Mac & Cheese and the steak, when they cooled literally congealed ...sort of "set-up" - like cement does. The actual plates on which the entrees were served were so hot (I suppose Maestro's thinks this is hip) as to nearly scald me - I had to be very wary to avoid touching the plate while navigating feeding myself. My steak arrived "medium rare" but was "medium well" by the time I got to it. I'm very disappointedSpecial Features:
- All About LaurenMatureNewlywedsDined on 9/22/2014Lauren provided amazing service for our 1st Anniversary dinner celebration. We've been in a birthday and anniversary celebration mode for several weeks enjoying gr8 restaurants around here and Seattle. The steak and seafood tower were excellent and the service even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markSlightlySonicDined on 9/21/2014We've dined at Mastro's a number of times and have always found the food and service to be top notch.... The evening of 9/21/14 was a an exception. My steak was salty, my new wife's 2lb fresh lobster tough... Our first mistake; we had asked for a quiet table but really just wound up in a relatively dark corner indeed getting the slow and 'semi-abandoned' service we had feared when placed in our "quiet seats". Honestly, everything was so sub-par I just didn't have the courage to speak up while there and say this meal was the worst we'd ever had at a "Steak House". Ruth's or Flemming's would have crushed it - we even wished we went down the road to old trusty Wood Ranch, could have saved a ton of coin and had a great meal!!! Honeymoon timeSpecial Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, a fun place to go for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Not as good as last time !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014While our server Wesley was super nice and patient, the food wasn't nearly as good as last time! Esp my Ribeye!!! Came out RAW and while I hesitated to send back, no way could I eat it !! Of course it came back burnt on the outside!! To Wesley's side, he was kind enough to remove off the bill!!! It was disappointing that no mgr even came by which I know they are supposes to!!!! It seems like Mastro's caters more to the Westlake snobs as we all noticed the GM hanging around those tables all nite! Great time with our friends, and thanks Wesley for the birthday treats!!! You more then made up for poor management follow up!!'nSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We had an amazing dinner! The food was super delicious and the service great! Definitely going back.
- ServiceFoodieDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent. Have been there many times and this was the first time we had to wait for 45'min to get seated. Once we were seated there was also a wait time for our waiter, bread, drinks etc. We would definitely go back because the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor experienceFoodhoundDined on 9/19/2014Not at all what I expected from a very high end steak house. I had reservations and we had to wait over 30 minutes to be seated. The music was so loud we complained and it only seemed to get louder. The server was overwhelmed and did a poor job in servicing our table. I will stick to Ruth Chris!!!
- Nancy MarksLuckyoneVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and engagement! What a great place to be! Except for being a bit noisy, even during the week! Service and food were excellent!Special Features:
- Almost a winnerJujuDined on 9/16/2014Very enjoyable evening. Excellent chopped salad, chocolate birthday cake. My halibut was very ordinary and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerJandCDined on 9/15/2014This was our fourth time to dine here. Still outstanding food and service, but only for special occasions for us.Special Features:
- mixery1Dined on 9/14/2014It is simply, THE BEST!! It is my favorite Mastro's because it is not as loud as Beverly Hills and Malibu. The food and service are unmatched as are the prices; but, if you want the best..... The duo playing in the bar was EXCELLENT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Mastros is by far an A+ restaurant and experience. It is the best restaurant anywhere within 100 miles hands down. Every time we have dined it has been spot on. The food, the service, the ambiance, make you feel like you are a king and queen. Ask for the server Lauren. She is top notch. She knows how to take care of her guests and shows you how a great server can make a great experience an amazing one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightFranDined on 9/11/2014We experienced a wonderful night at Mastro's celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary with our family. Service and food was outstanding. Prices are high so we consider this a special occasion dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPandapowerDined on 9/11/2014The food at Maestro's is the best. The steak is flavorful and melts in your mouth. We also ordered the seafood tower. The presentation was amazing and the seafood was fresh. We ended the dinner with the butter cake which is so rich and flavorful. There are 2 reasons why I did not give 5 stars. One was the music in the restaurant. It was not a live band but pop music being played through the speakers. Some times the music was at a decent level but most of the time the music got loud and we had to raise our voices to have a conversation. I don't know how the servers did not notice the loud music. Also, the server forgot a couple of things that we ordered. By the time she came back to the table we were finished with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenmindDined on 9/10/2014The food was hot and tasty, the portion was very generous. The service was mediocre to fit for a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- Personal servicefancyDined on 9/4/2014The chef came out to discuss my gluten allergy with me.Special Features:
- PatGVIPDined on 8/31/2014Everything was stellar - the food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Never disappointsGaryDined on 8/30/2014The servings are rather large. Splitting meals is a must especially if you want to save some room for dessert. The Rib-eye, absolutely delicious. And of course try to save room for the Butter cake; it is so good. We have usually received great service with great waiters. Friendly and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!Yumfam6Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious food and excellent service all the time. The only suggestion would be for live performance to be more jazzy. The pop songs don't match the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay/Birthday dinneruclarmsDined on 8/29/2014As always, great quality food and presentation. Excellent service and comfortable setting, but a bit noisy. Plenty of leftovers for another meals. Wife and I ordered 12 ounce filet, wedge, snap peas, and twice baked potato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and Mastro's was highly recommended to us by our friends. It was so much better than I expected! We were addressed by name and told happy anniversary. Alana was an amazing server. Very helpful and knowledgeable and friendly! I would highly recommend Mastro's and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great evening35anniversaryDined on 8/23/2014I would have to say our waiter was very ,very good !! Give him an A ++++++++++++++++. Had the best 37 year anniversary ever. The food was GREAT the noise could come down a bit with the help of acoustic on the patio. See you soon T & MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service as great as the foodDadpoolDined on 8/23/2014While I've been to a few restaurants that featured outstanding steaks and sides, what made Mastro's different was our server Erin. She was fun, knowledgeable, asked the right questions and really went out of her way to enhance our dining experience. She put this whole dinner over the top and was the difference maker, turning this in to an already cherished memory. The steaks were wonderful and the roasted Brussels Sprouts were terrific. The special side of the night was a scallop risotto with black truffles that I'm still dreaming about.Special Features:
- Expensive but worth it!MartinDined on 8/22/2014Although quite expensive, I believe it was worth it. The service was great, lots of little touches. The food was great and the portions very generous. Also expensive, the drinks were generous pours. As an example, the martini's were two glassfuls in size. The warm butter cake desert was large enough for 3 or 4 to share. My wife and I shared a large ribeye steak and still brought home another meal's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Day of High School for SonELN55VIPDined on 8/21/2014Had a great time with Son for his first day of High School. Really enjoyed visit with Adrian, and special appetizer, thank you and Congrats on the Baby Girl. Big Eyed Ahi was really beautiful and delicious. Son had KC Strip, perfectly prepared by kitchen. Just a really nice evening and meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014Our waitress, Loren, was very professional and attentive - the best we have ever had at Mastro's in Thousand Oaks!Special Features:
- Mr.Peter OConnorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent overall,really,Im in the business and am very pickySpecial Features:
- FantasticKaramimiDined on 8/20/2014Excellent food and great service. One of my family's favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local DelicaciesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/20146 of us from work went for dinner & were delighted with excellent service, continuous care, & the most phenomenal Steaks as always. We shared 3 sides among us which were the incredible sugar snap peas, roasted brussell sprouts, & the lobster mashed potatoes. Perfect amount for all 6 of us to share. One of us got the beautiful Lobster Cocktail as a main dish & it was awesome. The rest all had different types of Bone-In steaks & there was not a bite left, except a bag full of nice bones for our dogs. For dessert we had the Warm Butter Cake which is our utmost favorite. We got everything on the side so everyone could try their own mix. We spent just shy of 3 unrushed hours there eating & talking through the evening. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousReviewerDined on 8/18/2014Had dinner on Monday night at Mastro's in Thousand Oaks. Food was out of this world delicious. Steak melted in your mouth. Cream Corn was unbelievable and topped it off with a butter cake for dessert that was simply amazing. Good times.Special Features:
- Cozy and ElegantHungry4Dined on 8/17/2014Great food and excellent customer service. Our anniversary celebration was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGdfoodfor2Dined on 8/16/2014First timer. Delicious food and drinks. Reminded my girlfriend of Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitenpeaterDined on 8/15/2014The most exquisite dinning experience we've had in Ventura County. Food, Service, and Ambience where beyond compare.Special Features: