Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
8852 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (480) 585-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Battersby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing seven nights a week in the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Gina Stanghellini for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (59)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (52)vibrant bar scene (49)good for groups (30)hot spot (28)neighborhood gem (27)scenic view (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- As expectedroswalDined on 6/17/2014Food was exceptional. Bone in filet and rack of lamb. Chef even made a mint sauce at the request of my wife, in lieu of mint jelly which tends to be too sweet. It met her expectations. Pretty much what on expects from a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- 10th Anniversarydrmac3Dined on 6/15/2014We had a wonderful experience.....we unknowingly brought our own wine......AZ does not allow this....We explained that the bottle was very special to us and we had not experienced an anniversary without of bottle of this wine....The manager purchased us a very nice replacement bottle....Way beyond the call....very nice experience.....we will be back and we will tell everyone we know what a great place Mastros is to eat!Special Features:
- JoanDined on 6/15/2014Great food - needs kids menu! Steak is good - lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fathers Day and Wedding CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014What an incredible experience! The food, our server Robbie (and his collegues Tobias & Drew) and just every little thing was top notch! Thank you so much! We will be back! Michael & Michelle NealSpecial Features:
- Memorable Father's Day DinnerMadEaterDined on 6/15/2014Husband had a wonderful dinner with a very attentive wait staff and outstanding food and wine. The lobster bisque was the best he ever had with big chunks of lobster. The NY strip steak was cooked to perfection and the 1lb baked potato and steamed asparagus were a great side dish. We will definitely return to enjoy their seafood tower. The shrimp that was delivered to the next table look amazing!Special Features:
- Favourite spot in Scottsdale!DBloveseatingoutDined on 6/9/2014This is the place to be! Mastro's did not disappoint! My original review went over the character limit so this is all I can say...MUST HAVES...Smoking Lemon Drop Martini's, Sea Food Tower, share the 18oz bone-in filet and if you have room try the Butter Cake! Everything is heaven, we have yet to be disappointed. The service is always great maybe sometimes a bit rushed for large groups. They accommodate sharing and cooking requests for the filet. For example of the 18oz I have 6oz and my husband has the rest. I prefer mine cooked medium/well and he prefers it medium/rare. We have always received what we've requested. Sides are perfect for sharing such as 4 sides for a party of 6. Go there on a partially empty stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service amazing foodChazworthKUDined on 6/9/2014Our service was amazing, helped us at every stage in the various courses of our meals. The food was absolutely amazing as usual!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise LevelloudcasualDined on 6/8/2014We chose your restaurant for a very romantic dinner . the noise level was that of a TGIFridays.. very very loud. not what I expected. we sat over by the windows which was great. once the blinds went up. couldn't hear music or have easy access to a dance floor. I was hoping for a nice dance on our Anniversary. I didn't expect to see sandals shorts, and T shirts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MartinisPittsburghBobDined on 6/7/2014Enjoy one with your pre-dinner seafood tower at the bar!! Shrimp cocktail is a MUST! For dinner you can’t beat the ‘bone-in’ filet…Special Features:
- AudiAudiVIPDined on 6/6/2014Excellent as always. Mastros is always outstanding, from the reservation process, the follow up phone call, table always ready on time, etc. The seafood tower, Chilean sea bass, small filet were great. They recognized our anniversary with a complementary dessert. Our number one stop in Scottsdale!Special Features:
- We loved Mastro's!!BayAreaFoodieDined on 5/31/2014The food was unbelievably great. We shared rack of lamb and the bone in ribeye! It was enough food for at least 3, maybe 4 people. The side dishes were wonderful! Then we shared the warm butter cake. It was our 30th anniversary. I love chocolate but the butter cake was hands down the best dessert I've ever had. I looked up recipes for it but decided not to make it as I could never replicate Mastro's. Overall, a great experience and one of the top 3 dining experiences I've ever had. **The Manhattan was also great**Special Features:
- Mom and daughter Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed the night out. My mother felt her lobster was a bit tough, but we enjoyed the evening. The portions are enormous!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantJanieDined on 5/25/2014We just got married, so, of course, a great time to go to Mastro's. Everyone made us feel special on our special day. Food was excellent, as always and the service impeccable. We love coming here for the music also, nice ambienceSpecial Features:
- Exquisite DinnerRichDined on 5/24/2014The oysters Rockefeller were super and the rack of lamb was fabulous. As expected, the filet outstanding and the five layer chocolate cake was fresh and superb. A marvelous evening.Special Features:
- Never disappointsJmack71Dined on 5/23/2014As always we had a great dining experience the steaks were unbelievable and I am pretty sure you cannot go wrong with any item they offer on their menus and we will be back.Special Features:
- Steak Yes, Seafood Maybe Not...JL89119VIPDined on 5/23/2014Mastro's has been a favorite restaurant of ours for over 15 years. We've dined at their locations in Las Vegas, SoCal, and Scottsdale. The steaks and service are consistently great. My one caution when dining at any of the Mastro's would be to steer you away from ordering crab. We've ordered crab on several occasions (both hot and cold serve styles) at multiple locations, and it has always been a miss. The crab, while obviously frozen (as it needs to be most the year), has consistently been a bit fishy, and the texture was mushy, watery and unappealing. Even at the Ocean Club, which was surprising. If you want crab, the are much better places to order it. When going to Mastro's stick with the steaks and you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalLuvScottsdaleDiningDined on 5/22/2014If your looking for exceptional food, outstanding service and a great environments then look no further. Prepare to spend a bit of cash but it will be worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014NOT ONLY WAS THE FOOD AMAZING BUT THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING. WE OVER ORDERED SO HAD THEM BAG UP OUR EXTRAS AND WHAT A DELIGHT TO FIND THAT MY MAC & CHEESE HAD DOUBLED WHEN I GOT HOME, BUT THEY ALSO INCLUDED THEIR YUMMY BREAD! LOVE THIS PLACE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Rating OverallbadscottsdaledinnerDined on 5/19/2014Four of us in Scottsdale for golf and had dinner on a Monday night. Very rushed and pushy. Told us our table was not ready when it was as a way to get us into the bar. Brussel Sprouts were burnt and the spinach was tasteless. Of the 5 dinners in Scottsdale by far the most expensive and worst.Special Features:
- Oicur12OICUR12VIPDined on 5/17/2014First couple of times at this restaurant the food was fabulous ant the it started going down hill about April .... Went from the best to the dump. I don't know if the snowbirds got the good steaks and lobster tail or if they changed cooks but right now this food is not good. At this point I would not .... would not .... waste your money on this placeSpecial Features:
- Good but not greatcb79phxDined on 5/16/2014I had a handful of friends join me for my birthday dinner and everyone had a good time. I had to send my steak back to get re-cooked since it came to me rare, the middle was dark red and fleshy when I ordered medium rare. After getting my steak back, all of my guests had already finished eating so I was left to eat by myself which felt awkward. With that said, I would still go back to the restaurant and give them another shot. The waiter and manager were very apologetic regarding the issue as well. The service was impeccable, and like no other, and our waiter knew everything about anything regarding their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and overhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014We ate here a two weeks ago. Several people we talked to said we'd LOVE the food and that it was great. I got the halibut and my wife got the filet. The halibut was okay but nothing special. I've had better for less than half what this meal cost. My wife's steak was good but again, we've had just as good of filet's for half the cost. We had the twice baked potatoes and they were overcooked and not that good. The salad was big and good but not worth the cost. Service was okay but nothing memorable. It is a fancy restaurant with lots of hype but unless you just like spending big money for good (not great) food I wouldn't recommend it. To put it bluntly I was very disappointed for the money we spent. Won't be going back there again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/14/2014We have eaten here a number if times. Food is always amazing. This is the first time we have been unhappy with the service. For this price point, service should always be impeccable. Slow, empty restaurant and we had to wait for a table then they sat us right next to another table. That had to be for the servers convenience. We then waited 10 minutes for our first server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!luv2varyDined on 5/14/2014You feel special the minute you pull up to the valet stand and it continues the entire evening. The staff was attentive and the food was absolutely outstanding. We have never had a better fillet ever! From the drinks to dessert it was a great evening.Special Features:
- AudiAudiVIPDined on 5/13/2014Always outstanding! Last night was a last minute decision and we sat in the bar. Seafood tower was out of this world and the piano music was great. Our favorite spot when we come to Scottsdale!Special Features:
- Fabulous seafood brunch!CfoodlvrDined on 5/11/2014Excellent fresh seafood selections - delicious lobster mashed potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchAnthonyDined on 5/11/2014Since this was the first visit to Mastro's, I wasn't sure of what to expect. I made the reservation based on feedback from a senior manager within the company. He was correct in his assessment that Mastro's was an environment with class and good food. My only disappointment was that I couldn't get a Filet for brunch, but the meal was exceptional enough that we'll return for another visit during dinner time. The environment was classy and couture, which created a unique experience for our first visit. I've been "Thanked" many times for making this mother's day special, which makes me incentivized to provide this experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AudiAudiVIPDined on 5/10/2014Always outstanding. Our server Jamie was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014My husband and I love bringing friends and family to Mastro's for the fodd and the great service we always recieve. It is at the top of our list of resaurants.Special Features:
- romanticdinerromanticdinerDined on 5/10/2014We love Mastro's. We ended up sitting in the bar for the first time and loved it. The band was great and we enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodluvgoodfoodDined on 5/9/2014great food but bring your credit card. this was a superb meal but you pay for what you get. lobster mash potatoes were some of the best mash potatoes that I've ever had.Special Features:
- Good friendsMarinesDined on 5/6/2014Mastro's never fails. We've been going there since the opened. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2014Hands down the best service, food and atmosphere. Spinach salad, maguro lime sushi roll, filet, butter cake fantastic!!!!! Worth every dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!phxmommaDined on 5/5/2014We dined at Mastro's for our Anniversary. The food was AMAZING!! The service was top notch. It was another memorable evening at Mastro'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findFernandoDined on 5/4/2014We travel around the world and now and then find a gem. This is one of them. This is slightly ahead of our most favorite steakhouse, the Cattleman's Steakhouse, just east of El Paso, Texas for the best steak in the world. Service is 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Pompeous WaiterfoodieDined on 5/4/2014This past Sunday evening I brought my wife, son and old friend from Arkansas to this location. From the beginning our waiter was a jerk and I didnt like him but kept it to myself. At the end of the evening my out of state friend thanked me for dinner and then asked if I tipped the waiter. I told him I did my customary 20% and he asked why tip bad attitude? He was right I should demanded a new waiter when my waiter started his poor service. .Special Features:
- High Energy Scenefine2dineDined on 5/3/2014We were treated with enthusiasm and great care by the well-informed wait staff and never felt rushed. The food quality was high and the menu offered lots of variety. Low lighting gave an intimate ambiance. Noise level was very high - with a few larger groups of patrons, their bar and live music, it was necessary for everyone to use louder voice volume so a normal level conversation at our table was not possible. (We were there on a Saturday night.)If a quiet romantic evening is desired, this would not be the choice spot to eat. But if high energy is desired, this is definitely the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!SteakhouseDined on 5/3/2014This was definitely the best meal i've ever had! I was worried about the price since there were no prices on the menu but to our surprise the prices weren't outrageous. Although, the lobster mashed potatoes were $35 which we thought was a bit much for a side dish. Would loved to have tried them. Otherwise an outstanding experience!Special Features:
- Nice dinner for anniversary.LuvhissteakDined on 5/2/2014Tables are close together so I find it hard to tune out the other tables. I like more privacy with my conversation. Our tab for the two of us was $350 not including the tip but my husband loves his $120 steak. Usually when I spend this much I like for it to be memorable, but I have it a four star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a flashlightNansulitaVIPDined on 4/29/2014Just kidding... The staff have flashlights. The restaurant is dark, very dark...and dated feeling. I had a feeling that I was stepping back in time to an 1960's restaurant. However the food was absolutely outstanding as was the service. We shared the rack of lamb which certainly was one of the best I've ever had. The portions are enormous- 24 ounce chicken, etc. come planning to share. Also ask for a quiet table if you don't like a high noise level. Our room was great in terms of noise but noticed a quite high noise level in others as we left.