Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
8852 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (480) 585-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Battersby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing seven nights a week in the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Gina Stanghellini for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (61)notable wine list (59)fit for foodies (53)vibrant bar scene (51)good for groups (30)hot spot (28)neighborhood gem (27)scenic view (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great place for a date.KyleDined on 8/24/2014I took my partner here for our first date... and for our anniversary... and other times. The staff are incredibly courteous and adept, the food is great and the atmosphere is somehow both formal and relaxing at the same time. It's the place to go for an amazing steak and a nice evening.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerchrissyDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant worth the drive from Tucson. can't wait to go back. Bone marrow and butter cake off the charts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scottsdale's great steak experienceBaileycatDined on 8/23/2014Being a meat and potatoes lover, these steaks and family serving of garlic mash potatoes is among the best steak I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. To cap of the night we tried the Warm Butter Cake. It was quite simply fantastic. The wait staff (and there were many) was always available and ready to assist with any request but were not pushy about getting you in and out the door. The facility is beautiful, with the only drawback being noisy. Maybe it was just the customers the night we visited the Steakhouse but the clamour was a bit much. All-in-all a great dining experience and I will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come and Enjoy!tjwilsonDined on 8/21/2014We (my husband and I) have been to Scottsdale many times and this is a must dinner date while we are there! The service, food and experience has always been great and we will continue to visit every time we are in the area -- You should too! It is a 'splurge dinner', but worth every penny... Go make your memories and enjoy the experience of dining at Masto's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulmilesjDined on 8/20/2014Mastro's has been a regular restaurant of mine when I want a special meal to entertain either personally or a business client. The menu is extensive geared to every taste. Of course the core is the wonderful way they serve a steak, always perfect. Mastro's is a wonderful restaurant, and will always meet your expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 490.00 dinner6footblondieDined on 8/16/2014when you pay that much for dinner one would hope the live music was better..seriously i felt like i was on the love boat..worst music in town..the song choices are so dated..i noticed he only had 1$ in his jar when we left..i guess that says it all..the music that Mastro's plays when the guy takes a break is even worse..they are having an identity crisis..what clientele are going after? I am 50 and i felt like i was dining at an assisted care home..i did notice the table next to us the man took out his hearing aid..he told his wife the sound of silence was better than the "joker' at the piano.Special Features:
- ExcellentBarryDined on 8/12/2014Great food, service and quality. They were sensitive to our time constraints so we could leave in time for a concert.Special Features:
- Don't skip dessert!emmyveeDined on 8/8/2014Mastro's reputation is what it is for a reason- the food is top quality and delicious and the service is the best in the business. Everything about our dinner was fantastic and our waiter made fantastic suggestions. We were so full after rounds of apps and steaks and crab cakes that we really were ready to leave. Our waiter brought the dessert menu and simply set it down and said "Think about it" - so glad we did. That butter cake is just beyond amazing! It was the best way to end our dinner - I highly recommend saving room for it when you go!!!Special Features:
- awesome...as always!dth80VIPDined on 8/8/2014We met another couple out to celebrate them buying a new house. The service was great, the food was awesome and the 'special' dessert was really nice & classy. Mastro's nevers disappoints! Awesome night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousMarianneDined on 8/8/2014You can always count on Mastro's for a delicious, special meal. I strayed away from the typical dinner I order there of steak - and went with the sea bass -- didn't know it could taste so good. Service is always outstanding!Special Features:
- Too expensive. Service overzealousNotImpressedDined on 8/2/2014We received a gift certificate for $150. It cost $250 all in for two of us. What did we get? Cheapest bottle of wine.Apps: Very garlicy shrimp and a warm dressing salad (no big). Petite Filet (8 oz) & the small Bone in Fillet (12 oz). Garlic Mash&Sauteed Spinach. 1 dessert & 1 coffee. Honestly, I went cheap. Service: If we are in a conversation, menus are still open but not really looking @ them, stop asking us what we want. It seemed like they were rushing us out (we had a 7:45 reservation &the place was not full). Moreover, my wife eats slow.If more than 1/2 is there,don't ask 3x if she is done. Overall, I treasured the time w/ my wife, but other than that, I hope one day people say enough is enough. I certainly have had enough.
- Don't botherMacnDDined on 8/2/2014For a high-end restaurant, Mastro's is at the bottom of the scale at best. To charge as much as they do for what you get is nothing less than an insult to anyone with a brain. While my wife's steak was good, it was so small and alone on the plate that it looked like an accident, as if it fell there by mistake. My salmon was not what I ordered and to make amends, they credited us with our salad, which was the only good thing about our dining experience. A martini at Mastro's costs more than an entree at many other restaurants with the same or better ambience. If you intend to impress, your guests will only question your judgement for wasting so much money on so little. My Benz looks just as good parked at Olive Garden.
- Great but noisy table near byOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Went to Mastros for 10 year anniversary. Had an overall positive time except for a large table that decided to all be intoxicated prior to getting their food and forget that there were other people in the restaurant. It was so loud that it made it extremely difficult to talk quiet to hear. It made it seem like we were in a sports bar as each one of the people were talking over themselves to make sure their conversation was heard. I did not observe any staff address the issue as it was evident that multiple people were staring at that table. The wait staff was very attentive to our individual table and provided great service. We would try the restaurant again in hopes that it would have more of a calm ambiance.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 7/27/2014Love dining here with friends and family. For all occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Absolutely fantastic service and the food was extraordinary!!! Definitely a place to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurantreppin4teXasDined on 7/25/2014I took my dad to this restaurant for his 50th birthday and I am so glad I did. The staff made the occasion very special and did not go overboard with their acknowledgement of a special occasion. Oh yeah did I mention the food was off the charts. We are from Texas, so we have had our fair share of steaks. So believe me when I say this is one of the best steaks I have ever had. Props Mastro'sSpecial Features:
- The following 1114 reviews are from the Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale reviews archive.
- Fantastic food and serviceLoveGoodFoodDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I went to Mastro's on Pinnacle Peak for our 10th Anniversary. It was wonderful! Food was top notch - well prepared, served at appropriate intervals, and good portion sizes. Cocktail and wine menu offered great choices - the Salted Caramel Martini was fantastic! Desert was to die for - Butter Cake with homemade whipped cream...I died and went to desert heaven. Our server, Guiseppe, was one of the best we have ever had. He was attentive but not obtrusive, knowledgable, personable, and gave us great recommendations. We will ask for his section next time we dine at Mastro's; which will be soon, I hope! We even got a call from the restaurant the next day, asking how we liked our meal. What a nice personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Scottsdale!luveatingoutVIPDined on 7/22/2014Not only is the steak outstanding but so is every food item that is served at Mastro's! We had a marvelous time and the service was impeccable!Special Features:
- One of our Favorite PlacesLorili88Dined on 7/19/2014We go out to dinner all weekend long, but every few months we want a nice "date night" and Mastro's is one of the staples for that. We get there early to hopefully get seats at the bar, and enjoy a few cocktails, and a wonderful dinner. The piano player and singers are always good, and the service is great as well. It's a super spot for a nice romantic special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Beautiful dining, food is fantastic, nice wine selection. However, service needs some attention~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple awesome!Randy7VIPDined on 7/18/2014We have been there twice now and food is fabulous, service is amazing and each person treated genuinely special.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSteakyDined on 7/18/2014We returned to Mastro's again after having an awesome anniversary dinner last year. Sadly, this year was a disappointment to us. Our server didn't tell us the specials for the evening (we overheard another server explaining the specials to another table after we had ordered) and had to return to the table twice to ask about our order which he had forgotten. When our steaks came out, the cooking temps had been reversed between our steaks. Lastly, though we were offered a free dessert, he did not offer us a choice of dessert like we were given last year. We were REALLY looking forward to the butter cake (which was the reason we really decided to return to Mastro's) but, unfortunately were given a dry chocolate cake instead. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful time at Maestro'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Maestro's. Giuseppe was our server and he was excellent. The food, atmosphere, and service were all top notch and we will be back.Special Features:
- Great steaks and sidesOpenTableBDFVIPDined on 7/18/2014We split a dessert and burrata and heirloom starter and each got great steaks, plus the brussel sprouts and mashed sweet potatoes so plenty to eat!!! Great wine of course and top notch service makes this place very special.
- Good service, bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The food isn't good. The steak is not bad, but for that price i do not expect 'not bad'. The salmon was dry and, we think, came out of the freezer.
- Excellent service and foodStylishAZDined on 7/16/2014Great restaurant for special occasions as we celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary. Wonderful seafood appetizers. One of the best Oysters Rockefeller I've eaten. The bone-in filet melted in your mouth and so flavorable. I love steak and it's difficult for me to go anywhere but Ruth Chris Steakhouse for the best steak. Mastro's competes well.Special Features:
- great birthday for my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great time celebrating my husband's birthday. GREAT food, excellent service, energetic atmosphere. Free birthday dessert with a candle. Great bottle of wine and excellent martini's. A little dark inside, but overall great vibe.Bone in ribeye was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- Date night with the wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014So it was out first date night out since the birth of our son and it could not have been better. The service is great, food may be a bit pricey but the quality justifies it all. I highly recommend the lobster mash and the butter cake. I still dream about that butter cake days laterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerHoss2diningDined on 7/12/2014It was our 40th anniversary and the service was impeccable. Food was excellent and we were treated as special guests.Special Features:
- This is an EXCELLENT restaurant!SilviaeVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was my first time going to Mastro's I didn't even know that it was close to where I was. Everything about the restaurant was excellent. The hostesses were very friendly and nice, our waiter gave us excellent service along with his helpers, the food was delicious especially the desert! We had the Mastro's yellow cake and it was fantastic someone in our party said that it was heaven! They even have complimentary valet which most places do not have. I recommend Mastro's 100%!Special Features:
- Pricy findLitTeacher66Dined on 6/22/2014Wow! While the staff was knowledgeable and efficient beyond compare, I'd still say that this place is still not worth the prices you pay. This was the most expensive two person meal my husband and I have ever shared. The appetizer of shrimp was good, and while we appreciated the offer of extra to make it come out even, maybe warn us about the extra cost, too. The steaks were excellent, so stick with them. Forgettable sides are definitely NOT worth the price. I make better grilled asparagus at home. The best part was the live entertainment.Special Features:
- Mastros SteakhouseCharlieDined on 6/21/2014Overall a great dining experience. Service was over the top as usual but the food this time was not quite up to par with past visits. One less than outstanding experience will not prevent us from coming back to our favorite steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteakhouseDavidDined on 6/21/2014Most important--our bone-in rib-eyes were tasty and cooked just as we ordered. I had onion soup which was very good but my wife's caesar salad dressing was lacking flavor, even though she asked for anchovies. We ordered 2 sides--corn, spinach--which was way too much for two people. Service was good for the most part but at one time the place got crowded and our server wasn't available. We flagged down a manager who apologized and then comped us for the butter cake dessert to make amends. Nicely done. Food was much better than Mastro's Ocean Club, also in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Always FabulousKarenVIPDined on 6/21/2014It was a perfect evening! Food and service were both phenomenal as always.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014I visit my parents in Scottsdale twice a year and no trip is complete until I go to mastros! Great food great service and great ambiance. There isn't a place like this in Oklahoma that's for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mind blowing as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014My husband and I make it a point to visit Mastros whenever we are in town and this trip was no different. We were joined by two other couples thoroughly enjoyed the food and service as usual. The steaks were excellent and the appetizers and butter cake never cease to impress!Special Features:
- First class experience!Randy7VIPDined on 6/17/2014Since buying a 2nd home in Scottsdale we had driven by Mastro's many times but just recently dined there. What an outstanding meal and first class experience overall. They even contacted us the next day via email thanking us for dining there. Although more pricey than many restaurants it is certainly worth it when weighing the quality & quantity of food and superb service. Just outstanding and fabulous! Whenever we are back in town Mastro's will be our special place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent...food goodeRasAZDined on 6/17/2014Took the wife to Mastro's for our anniversary. We had a good experience - the service was excellent our wait staff was very knowledgeable and personable. The food was good - nothing outstanding or earth shattering. My wife had the bone-in filet and I had the Halibut Oscar style. They definitely provide healthy portions of each. Not sure the flavor matched the cost, but wasn't too far off. Would encourage the kitchen to make the food pop a little bit more - almost as if the are being conservative with taste worried that Bold Flavors may scare people off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedroswalDined on 6/17/2014Food was exceptional. Bone in filet and rack of lamb. Chef even made a mint sauce at the request of my wife, in lieu of mint jelly which tends to be too sweet. It met her expectations. Pretty much what on expects from a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- 10th Anniversarydrmac3Dined on 6/15/2014We had a wonderful experience.....we unknowingly brought our own wine......AZ does not allow this....We explained that the bottle was very special to us and we had not experienced an anniversary without of bottle of this wine....The manager purchased us a very nice replacement bottle....Way beyond the call....very nice experience.....we will be back and we will tell everyone we know what a great place Mastros is to eat!Special Features: