Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
8112 East Coast Hwy.
Newport Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosoceanclub.com/
- Phone: 9493766990x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Briggs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Tracy Robinson for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
337 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (257)romantic (190)scenic view (185)notable wine list (151)vibrant bar scene (134)hot spot (115)fit for foodies (115)good for groups (95)great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (49)late-night find (30)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- TrieuphugiaDined on 9/27/2014Even the reservation was made but still wait for an extra 45mins.Special Features:
- FantasticLETDOWNDined on 9/27/2014I have nothing negative to say.... Everything was done well from the Ambiance to the food to the service right down to the smiles and sincerity of staff....As good as it gets.....With nothing neglected in the mean time....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a quiet dateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Outstanding service-spectacular food-Great live music-extremely generous drink portions-inside noise level comparable to a shuttle launch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times inside or outJungleDined on 9/27/2014Our overall dinning experience was very good the table we were presented with was just amazing sitting us outside next to the fireplace and the ocean view was beautiful. The waiter had a expert knowledge of the menu and good recommendation. Our memories made will last forever and that alone is priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- orange coubty diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit for my girlfriend's birthday. The food was terrific, the martinis excellent. Great service and a nice lively ambiance, but not loud. We still had great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's never disappointsTheSpaniardDined on 9/26/2014Server Ally was amazing. Professional & engaging. Food prepared to perfection. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good...butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Food and drink very good along with attentive waitress. Initially taken to bar. Very noisy...O K for a sports bar but not for a nice evening out. Taken to room adjacent to bar. Still overwhelmed with noise. You will have a better time if you are with a group that brings it own noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Large portions on the apps, all food pricey but worth every bite. Excellent martinis.Special Features:
- dexteroneDined on 9/25/2014The service was spectacular and the food was the same. Arrived early and had to wait for allotted time but as soon as 7:15 arrived they came to get us at the bar. All of us tasted the others food and it was awesome. The steaks are unbelievable! If you want to impress a business contact this is the place to do it. I don't see how anyone can miss at this restaurant. By the way, the restaurant called the next day to thank us for having dinner at Ocean Club. A great touch and not expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not TrumpCharlieDined on 9/24/2014Great food and ambience - better get a second job first - very pricey!Special Features:
- wowjaywhyDined on 9/22/2014amazing, food was nothing short of amazing and atmosphere was great.Special Features:
- fish far too expensive, mediocreHaoleVisitorDined on 9/22/2014i had the halibut. It costs $48, as much as the filet! The fish was small, presented plainly, and was very dry and poorly cooked. Over priced, and very mediocre.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday CelebrationheatherTDined on 9/20/2014Our group of 12 was celebrating a friend's birthday and asked to be seated in the bar. We were seated in an excellent spot in between the bar and the dining room. Our waiter was especially attentive and gave us excellent service. The food came out just as it was ordered. We all enjoyed a wonderful evening. It could not have been a better choice for a special occasion. The entertainment in the bar was fantastic. We even met the chef. We would highly recommend Mastros Ocean Club in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We were seated 30 minutes after our reservation and the hostess did not do a good job of keeping us informed of the delay.Special Features:
- Fanastic -- Once we were seatedspatellosDined on 9/20/2014Prior to being seated, we waited 30+ minutes after our reservation time and had drinks from the bar with bugs in them served to us. But, of course after we were seated we enjoyed a divine meal -- steak, hamachi, lobster mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, sweet potato fries, all delicious. Ambiance is very newport -- loud, ornate, but there was a very cool piano bar and the restaurant was lively while still allowing for an intimate meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !!!!!!CrystallemieuxDined on 9/19/2014We loved it! Food and service were equally, excellent! The lobster mash potatoes & seafood tower are incredible. While I am a wine drinker, my husband is not. With their generous wine pour.... we were not faced with having to order a bottle and either, hubby drinking wine or having to take home the rest :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samantha was awesomeSamanthaDined on 9/18/2014We experienced a real professional waitress with perfect timing, perfect personality, and the absolutely perfect knowledge of what to recommend to us to eat.Special Features:
- So So experienceLessThanImpressedDined on 9/18/2014The setting was beautiful, the noise was so loud you could not hear each other. Our waiter never came back to out table to check on us. We were served a patatoe dish that was $35 more than the one we ordered. The food was ok but I have had much better dinners at other establishments. Less than impressed.Special Features:
- As Great As ExpectedElegantVIPDined on 9/16/2014First time to Mastroes Ocean Club, but long time patron of Mastroes. Food was just as great as any Mastroes. Since I'd never been there and it was a special occasion, I requested a view table. We were seated on a small patio, which had a spectacular view, but felt very excluded from the rest of the action inside. Next time I'll want to sit inside. Dinner was wonderful...steak perfect, salad, sides, and martini were incredible! No birthday butter cake was offered though. I guess the front desk forgot to tell anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatJennoDined on 9/15/2014Mastro's Ocean Club is the perfect venue for special occaisions. We dined on the patio andit was perfect. The ocean view and beautiful sunset made the evening extra special. The service was outstanding. My only issue was that the Halibut was very dry; not what I expected from the "Ocean Club". My husband had the steak and his dinner was "excellent".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great food and service. Sat in patio next to west windows with wonderful ocean/sunset view. Waitress very knowledgeable about food and drinks.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & DrinkKpcrsmDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with our 2 daughters. The food was fabulous and the service was excellent. The restaurant was noisier than I was anticipating, however it had a very energetic feel and therefore was not an issue. We had great time and would definitely celebrate another special occasion at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport BeachBIRTHDAYSDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service, excellent food, accommodating in every way and wonderful location. High end but you got your money's worth. Only issue I found was that conversation was difficult at noise level. Busy place.Special Features:
- LightingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014Could be better lighting to see the menu but was set low for romance. Pretty much nailed it though. Thank you for everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCNewportDined on 9/8/2014Service and ambiance are outstanding. For the price the food should have been better. It felt like who ever designed the salad menu had the motto, "The more items and dressing the better". The main courses were mediocre. I did not get the impression a "real" chef was working back in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Outstanding!JohnVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have established a tradition of celebrating our wedding anniversary here. Beautiful setting, delicious food, great service, amazing wine list.Special Features:
- SusimacMac3Dined on 9/8/2014This is thee best dining experience EVER !!!!! We don't like this place.......we LOVE it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatCDTowerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Mastros never disappoints. The food is excellent...along with service. We always enjoy our meals at this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- NAUTIKADined on 9/7/2014MY HUSBAND AND DECIDED TO CELEBRATE OUR 18TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AT MAESTRO. THIS WAS OUR 1ST VISIT TO MAESTRO AND WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED. EXPECTATIONS WERE HIGH AND THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINTMENT. WE WERE SEATED ON THE PATIO WITH THE BEST VIEW. THE TASTE, TEMPERATURE AND PRESENTATION OF THE FOOD WAS PERFECT. I AM NOT A REAL STEAK EATER, BUT I NOW HOW A NEW CRAVING FOR BONE IN RIB EYE. TO TOP OFF OUR EXPERIENCE, WE WERE SURPRISED WITH A "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" DESERT PLATE. OVERALL 2 THUMBS UP.Special Features:
- was not as good as usualmissydog02Dined on 9/6/2014We were disappointed. Our waiter was nice but he could not get our steak order right.Special Features:
- Excellent in all waysJOEJANCZYKDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, energetic atmosphere and fabulous service !!! Always a great experience; looking forward to returning soon. Recommend the special especially the steaksSpecial Features:
- Always on pointRaiderfrankVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I are convinced this is the one spot we can count on to deliver a consistently outstanding experience. Travis always takes care of us with excellent service; accommodating any request we come up with. Steaks are excellent and cooked as ordered. Brussel sprouts are awesome. You won't be disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeChochDined on 9/4/2014I have been here multiple times, but was taking my sister, mom and mother in law for dinner. We had a great time, food was amazing, the service was great and we scored a lovely table.Special Features:
- Fine diningKimhuynh91Dined on 9/2/2014Mastros ocean club never disappoints. I took my friend here for her birthday and they treated us so well. Were a much younger crowd but enjoy great food. The filet was absolutely tender. It was cooked medium rare as requested. The sea bass was breaded and had a dash of spice. It was so good! Highly recommend this place to those who enjoy good steak and seafood, wine and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great-predictably Mastro'stripindicular1VIPDined on 8/31/2014While a chain, Mastro's serves some of the best food. Not for those watching the calories, portions are huge, including side dishes. Also not for those watching the wallet. Bread is amazing as are cocktails. Service is always very professional. Great for celebrations. Not healthy enough to do often. Classic steakhouse with lots of ocean options. Sushi menu designed by Nick San Cabo chef. Really hopping big bar. We came with a table reservation and the bar was so much fun we decided to take a table there.Special Features:
- No Longer Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014When we go to Mastro's we expect and have previously received excellence. On this occasion 1.) The service was excellent 2.)Wife's steak was requested a slightly pink/Medium +. It came rare. They took it back and returned with the same steak a bit more than rare. 3.) We each ordered a Martini, and we brought a bottle of our favorite wine. On other trips they have waived the $35.00 corkage but not this time. 4.) We ordered the Crème Brule, took one but and knew that something was wrong. We told the server who returned stated that the sugar used was incorrect and that they had to throw out that batch. The manager came by and offered us the Butter Cake. They took $10.00 off the bill and did not charge us for the Butter Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinner for 2table42Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I spent a Saturday night dinner at this Mastro's location. The food was average, well below expectations. The server was helpful but seemed rushed. The location was packed as expected, and the value was well below expectations. Would not return unless on expense account.Special Features:
- Good, but ...ClaudiaDined on 8/30/2014Good, but hard to justify the price. Fun people-watching spot.Special Features:
- Always awesomeRyanDined on 8/29/2014Can't go wrong with anything at Mastro's. Service is predictably attentive and knowledgeable. Tables are not so crowded together either. This IS my special occassion place.Special Features:
- Not so good anymoreCCLOVEDined on 8/28/2014I have been a fan of Mastro's steak and seafood. I had great food and experience one to two years ago. This is my first time this year to Mastro's Newport location. I was very disappointed and felt embarrassed by the unfresh oysters and extremely salty king crab legs, not mentioned the steak was chewy, lobster tail was over cooked. I am not sure if I want to bring my important clients to this "famous" steak house again, or just because it was a Thursday night, so we didn't get the same quality food as Friday or Saturday nights?Special Features: