Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
8112 East Coast Hwy.
Newport Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosoceanclub.com/
- Phone: 9493766990x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Briggs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Tracy Robinson for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (253)romantic (182)scenic view (177)notable wine list (145)vibrant bar scene (135)fit for foodies (131)hot spot (113)good for groups (97)great for outdoor dining (55)neighborhood gem (51)late-night find (28)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Thank you Mastro's for another amazing dinner! Service / food and view 10plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbierDined on 10/24/2014The food AND service was excellent. My only complaint is the noise level. You couldn't even hear the person next to you :-/ Otherwise... Extremely good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Time and Time Again...TonyVIPDined on 10/21/2014I can't say enough good things about this location. I've been to their others and they have all been great as well, though Mastro's Ocean Club exceeds them all with a great location, outstanding food and amazing service. Brian was out waiter and he did a great job. No matter what you order, steak, fish, appetizers, cocktails or desserts....it will be amazing. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- beautiful but not beautifulfin3diningDined on 10/21/2014this is a wonderful restaurant very nice clean and attentive service. Me and my date sat next to a window clear view of the ocean in front of us. very romantic very beautiful... the only thing that i didn't really like was the noise level, i kinda had to yell for my date to here me and vise versa. the table next us was quite rowdy but that's not the restaurant's fault. The food was amazing wine selectino was nice. One more thing that kind of bothered me was the optional request i had one request but didn't have anyone email call or text me of if they could or couldn'tSpecial Features:
- 16th Birthday-Mastor's Ocean ClubHodgeDined on 10/19/2014It was my son's 16th birthday celebration this past weekend. We had a fabulous table for 10, the food was delicious and the dessert was fantastic!! All in all it was a great evening. Thank you Mastro's for making our birthday celebration special.Special Features:
- Always a great experience at Mastro's.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The ambiance was both lively and romantic. Food is always fantastic. Server was wonderful knowlegable and friendly. She made a great recommendation on wine. The restaurant made the effort to make our experience extra special by recognizing our anniversary with a dessert on the house and by wishing us a happy anniversary upon being seated. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoodAdventuresDined on 10/18/2014I took my girlfriend here for our 3-year anniversary. Hands down the best restaurant I've ever been to. The setting was very romantic and the service was beyond great. We ordered the South African Prawns, Fillet Mignon, and Lobster Mashed Potatoes. Everything was delicious and looked just as good as it tasted. The service was the best I've ever experienced. Our drinks never fell below the three quarters fill line and they would check up on us every 5-10 minutes. Definitely would recommend this for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- WalFrohOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Sitting in the courtyard is amazing! Food was perfect and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDaveseDined on 10/18/2014Food was good, service was good . Restaurant was very busy so it felt like our server ( female) was preoccupied, very impersonable. Tables are too close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a consistent winner!SoCynCyrVIPDined on 10/17/2014Expensive but worth every dollar! The food is consistently amazing. Service is always friendly, fast and attentive. Not stuffy like some unnamed restaurants, :) Window tables offer a view of the ocean. The bar area is LOUD, but it is a bar area. Special note, I have no idea who the duo was on Oct.17th but that female vocalist was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aweome Birthday Celebration for 2foodfunfriendsDined on 10/17/2014Everything was fantastic....Our meals were cooked to perfection and the butter cake dessert definitely lived up to the hype!! This is on my list of top 10 for sure!Special Features:
- HappyDinerDined on 10/12/2014Great for special occasions and groups! ... Fantastic great quality food and superior friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and service but much too noisy. Difficult to talk with friends at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2014Once again, dining at Mastro's in Newport Beach was an outstanding experience. The service and food were top notch. You can't beat the view of sunset either. Looking forward to dining again on our next visit to Newport Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair at best.GrumpyDined on 10/12/2014Poor service, waitress was slovenly dressed, and gave us poor service. Food was over priced and nothing special.Special Features:
- Very cool restuarantDrunkeyeDined on 10/9/2014Mastros is a wonderful place to eat. The food is out of this world. Simply divine. The bar area is cool. They have a female singer that has an amazing voice. I told the waiter I wanted a martini. I told him to surprise me, he served me the Mastros Cosmo. They put dry ice on the bottom, so it comes to you with a smokey effect. It was really neat. My husband and I had a wonderful time here.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Serviceeasy2eatDined on 10/9/2014My my and I celebrated our 32 wedding anniversary last Thursday night and the food was perfect, the drinks were also terrific but the best part of our dinner was the service. Rachel may have been the best I've ever had. Every detail was perfect, including her drink recommendations. We certainly will come back!Special Features:
- Outstanding!SBcookDined on 10/8/2014We loved everything from the view to the delicious food and service. The blackened swordfish was the best every in flavor and texture. The shrimp cocktail is also exceptional. It also was our anniversary and we were treated very well. They know how to make you feel special. This will go down as one of my favorite restaurants. We will definitely go back next time we are in Newport.Special Features:
- great food but very expensiveCarolVIPDined on 10/7/2014Come to tantalize your taste buds, but expect to empty your wallet. A piece of seabass - a la carte - with no sides - $48! I don't care how good it is - that's crazy. But people keep coming. The place was packed and it was a Tuesday night (off season). The service was great, the food good, but it comes at a hefty price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!burnsrickjVIPDined on 10/5/2014One of the best dining experiences I've had in many years. The service was superb, the food was fantastic - from the drinks and bread basket all the way through dessert. Just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect11ddVIPDined on 10/4/2014The service and ambience is always top notch at Ocean Club .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014This was our first time at Mastros Ocean Club, we were there to celebrate my husband's birthday and we had a great evening! Service was great and food was delicious!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014enjoyed our meal, but the table was next to the bar in front of the live music, lots of traffic and difficult to hear each other talking.Special Features:
- DisappointedNothappyDined on 10/3/2014We have dined here before with another couple and found the service much better than dining by ourselves. We came for a great steak and left very disappointed with a meal without any flavor. Both my wife and I ordered the same cut and we both had the same comments. We have eaten at this restaurant in the past and the one in South Coast with very good experience. Unfortunately not this time!
- Great as alwaysMfreshDined on 10/2/2014Dinner and service were excellent. Great for celebration or special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant!AcatDined on 10/1/2014Waitress was wonderful. Champagne was wonderful. Bread is delicious. Filets were cooked perfectly and delicious! Butter cake, ice cream, and whipped cream was to die for!! Worth every penny and it's not cheap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/30/2014Amazing steakhouse with incredible entrees and my favorite Lobster mashed potatoes. So good!! We went for our 14 year AnniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve JSjjjDined on 9/28/2014Greeter was kurt and dismissive even though we had a reservation. Bar was understaffed. Difficult to get service. Food was excellent however our party of 4 was placed at a table suited for 2 which made for crowded quarters. Unfortunately we were placed near a table of 15 to 20 who were very noisy so dinner conversation wasz difficult. Waiters were excellent.Special Features:
- TrieuphugiaDined on 9/27/2014Even the reservation was made but still wait for an extra 45mins.Special Features:
- FantasticLETDOWNDined on 9/27/2014I have nothing negative to say.... Everything was done well from the Ambiance to the food to the service right down to the smiles and sincerity of staff....As good as it gets.....With nothing neglected in the mean time....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a quiet dateDrMasonDined on 9/27/2014Outstanding service-spectacular food-Great live music-extremely generous drink portions-inside noise level comparable to a shuttle launch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times inside or outJungleDined on 9/27/2014Our overall dinning experience was very good the table we were presented with was just amazing sitting us outside next to the fireplace and the ocean view was beautiful. The waiter had a expert knowledge of the menu and good recommendation. Our memories made will last forever and that alone is priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- orange coubty diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit for my girlfriend's birthday. The food was terrific, the martinis excellent. Great service and a nice lively ambiance, but not loud. We still had great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastro's never disappointsTheSpaniardDined on 9/26/2014Server Ally was amazing. Professional & engaging. Food prepared to perfection. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good...butoltimerDined on 9/26/2014Food and drink very good along with attentive waitress. Initially taken to bar. Very noisy...O K for a sports bar but not for a nice evening out. Taken to room adjacent to bar. Still overwhelmed with noise. You will have a better time if you are with a group that brings it own noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- famfunfor5Dined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Large portions on the apps, all food pricey but worth every bite. Excellent martinis.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dining!!!LuvFineFoodDined on 9/26/2014Mastro's Ocean Club is simply ......the BEST!....the staff, service, food and ambience is always right on target!.....if you are celebrating any special occasion....this is definitely the place to be at. We frequently dine here, and always have a great dining experience!Special Features:
- DisappointingJohnVIPDined on 9/26/2014Friday night, six o'clock reservation. We were seated on patio, beautiful view. Sever took our drink order. They were great. Downhill from there. Finished drinks, had to ask busboy for server to order dinner. Steak was suppose to be medium, was overcooked. Lobsters (2) were also overcooked and flat. Never have seen a flat lobster, as if they were smashed. Don't really know. would have sent them back as they were $66.00 for two small tails but server was no where to be found. We have been to Mastro's before Landry's took them over, but as they did to Morton's, ruined good restaurants. Maybe wrong server, wrong night, but off the list. Also they did call on Sunday to thank us for coming. Told her it was disappointing. She didn't care.Special Features:
- dexteroneDined on 9/25/2014The service was spectacular and the food was the same. Arrived early and had to wait for allotted time but as soon as 7:15 arrived they came to get us at the bar. All of us tasted the others food and it was awesome. The steaks are unbelievable! If you want to impress a business contact this is the place to do it. I don't see how anyone can miss at this restaurant. By the way, the restaurant called the next day to thank us for having dinner at Ocean Club. A great touch and not expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been betterVC93003VIPDined on 9/25/2014Business dinner for 13 went just great. Excellent food and service.Special Features: