Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
8112 East Coast Hwy.
Newport Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosoceanclub.com/
- Phone: 9493766990x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Briggs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Tracy Robinson for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
341 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (265)scenic view (193)romantic (190)notable wine list (155)vibrant bar scene (135)fit for foodies (116)hot spot (113)good for groups (94)great for outdoor dining (57)neighborhood gem (51)late-night find (32)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Loved it !!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014We loved it! Food and service were equally, excellent! The lobster mash potatoes & seafood tower are incredible. While I am a wine drinker, my husband is not. With their generous wine pour.... we were not faced with having to order a bottle and either, hubby drinking wine or having to take home the rest :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samantha was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We experienced a real professional waitress with perfect timing, perfect personality, and the absolutely perfect knowledge of what to recommend to us to eat.Special Features:
- So So experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The setting was beautiful, the noise was so loud you could not hear each other. Our waiter never came back to out table to check on us. We were served a patatoe dish that was $35 more than the one we ordered. The food was ok but I have had much better dinners at other establishments. Less than impressed.Special Features:
- As Great As ExpectedElegantVIPDined on 9/16/2014First time to Mastroes Ocean Club, but long time patron of Mastroes. Food was just as great as any Mastroes. Since I'd never been there and it was a special occasion, I requested a view table. We were seated on a small patio, which had a spectacular view, but felt very excluded from the rest of the action inside. Next time I'll want to sit inside. Dinner was wonderful...steak perfect, salad, sides, and martini were incredible! No birthday butter cake was offered though. I guess the front desk forgot to tell anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatJennoDined on 9/15/2014Mastro's Ocean Club is the perfect venue for special occaisions. We dined on the patio andit was perfect. The ocean view and beautiful sunset made the evening extra special. The service was outstanding. My only issue was that the Halibut was very dry; not what I expected from the "Ocean Club". My husband had the steak and his dinner was "excellent".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great food and service. Sat in patio next to west windows with wonderful ocean/sunset view. Waitress very knowledgeable about food and drinks.Special Features:
- Mastro's Ocean Club - Newport BeachBIRTHDAYSDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service, excellent food, accommodating in every way and wonderful location. High end but you got your money's worth. Only issue I found was that conversation was difficult at noise level. Busy place.Special Features:
- LightingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014Could be better lighting to see the menu but was set low for romance. Pretty much nailed it though. Thank you for everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCNewportDined on 9/8/2014Service and ambiance are outstanding. For the price the food should have been better. It felt like who ever designed the salad menu had the motto, "The more items and dressing the better". The main courses were mediocre. I did not get the impression a "real" chef was working back in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Outstanding!JohnVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have established a tradition of celebrating our wedding anniversary here. Beautiful setting, delicious food, great service, amazing wine list.Special Features:
- SusimacMac3Dined on 9/8/2014This is thee best dining experience EVER !!!!! We don't like this place.......we LOVE it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatCDTowerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Mastros never disappoints. The food is excellent...along with service. We always enjoy our meals at this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- NAUTIKADined on 9/7/2014MY HUSBAND AND DECIDED TO CELEBRATE OUR 18TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AT MAESTRO. THIS WAS OUR 1ST VISIT TO MAESTRO AND WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED. EXPECTATIONS WERE HIGH AND THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINTMENT. WE WERE SEATED ON THE PATIO WITH THE BEST VIEW. THE TASTE, TEMPERATURE AND PRESENTATION OF THE FOOD WAS PERFECT. I AM NOT A REAL STEAK EATER, BUT I NOW HOW A NEW CRAVING FOR BONE IN RIB EYE. TO TOP OFF OUR EXPERIENCE, WE WERE SURPRISED WITH A "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" DESERT PLATE. OVERALL 2 THUMBS UP.Special Features:
- was not as good as usualmissydog02Dined on 9/6/2014We were disappointed. Our waiter was nice but he could not get our steak order right.Special Features:
- Excellent in all waysJOEJANCZYKDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, energetic atmosphere and fabulous service !!! Always a great experience; looking forward to returning soon. Recommend the special especially the steaksSpecial Features:
- Always on pointRaiderfrankVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I are convinced this is the one spot we can count on to deliver a consistently outstanding experience. Travis always takes care of us with excellent service; accommodating any request we come up with. Steaks are excellent and cooked as ordered. Brussel sprouts are awesome. You won't be disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeChochDined on 9/4/2014I have been here multiple times, but was taking my sister, mom and mother in law for dinner. We had a great time, food was amazing, the service was great and we scored a lovely table.Special Features:
- Fine diningKimhuynh91Dined on 9/2/2014Mastros ocean club never disappoints. I took my friend here for her birthday and they treated us so well. Were a much younger crowd but enjoy great food. The filet was absolutely tender. It was cooked medium rare as requested. The sea bass was breaded and had a dash of spice. It was so good! Highly recommend this place to those who enjoy good steak and seafood, wine and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great-predictably Mastro'stripindicular1VIPDined on 8/31/2014While a chain, Mastro's serves some of the best food. Not for those watching the calories, portions are huge, including side dishes. Also not for those watching the wallet. Bread is amazing as are cocktails. Service is always very professional. Great for celebrations. Not healthy enough to do often. Classic steakhouse with lots of ocean options. Sushi menu designed by Nick San Cabo chef. Really hopping big bar. We came with a table reservation and the bar was so much fun we decided to take a table there.Special Features:
- No Longer Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014When we go to Mastro's we expect and have previously received excellence. On this occasion 1.) The service was excellent 2.)Wife's steak was requested a slightly pink/Medium +. It came rare. They took it back and returned with the same steak a bit more than rare. 3.) We each ordered a Martini, and we brought a bottle of our favorite wine. On other trips they have waived the $35.00 corkage but not this time. 4.) We ordered the Crème Brule, took one but and knew that something was wrong. We told the server who returned stated that the sugar used was incorrect and that they had to throw out that batch. The manager came by and offered us the Butter Cake. They took $10.00 off the bill and did not charge us for the Butter Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinner for 2table42Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I spent a Saturday night dinner at this Mastro's location. The food was average, well below expectations. The server was helpful but seemed rushed. The location was packed as expected, and the value was well below expectations. Would not return unless on expense account.Special Features:
- Good, but ...ClaudiaDined on 8/30/2014Good, but hard to justify the price. Fun people-watching spot.Special Features:
- Always awesomeRyanDined on 8/29/2014Can't go wrong with anything at Mastro's. Service is predictably attentive and knowledgeable. Tables are not so crowded together either. This IS my special occassion place.Special Features:
- Not so good anymoreCCLOVEDined on 8/28/2014I have been a fan of Mastro's steak and seafood. I had great food and experience one to two years ago. This is my first time this year to Mastro's Newport location. I was very disappointed and felt embarrassed by the unfresh oysters and extremely salty king crab legs, not mentioned the steak was chewy, lobster tail was over cooked. I am not sure if I want to bring my important clients to this "famous" steak house again, or just because it was a Thursday night, so we didn't get the same quality food as Friday or Saturday nights?Special Features:
- NoneVIPDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary on 25th August. The place was truly alive on a Monday night, the food was excellent, drinks were great, music was entertaining, and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The food and cocktails were fantastic, and it was such a treat to enjoy the small outdoor dining area for our first wedding anniversary. While we expected the food, drinks, and environment to be fantastic based on the price tag, we were completely blown away by the service. I wish I could remember our server's name, but I cannot say enough how delightful she was. Thank you for helping to make our first anniversary so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014By far the best steak I've had - would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Wait staff couldn't of made it a more enjoyable night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service; very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014I made reservations for my husband's 70th birthday; when we arrived I mentioned to the waiter that we were also celebrating my son's birthday. At dessert, he showed up with a slice of cake for each of them, which was very nice. Our waiter was excellent - attentive and no obnoxious up-selling. Everyone who had beef loved their meal. My halibut was very fresh, cooked perfectly, and a generous sized serving - it just didn't have much flavor. Some sort of sauce or seasoning would have been good. My grandson ordered cheesecake - it was a huge piece and delicious. Not really a place to take small kids, but our grandsons are 10 and 14 and they were treated respectfully and attentively by the waiter. All in all, a great dinner and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks and seafood!L1234Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated a family birthday here and everyone was impressed. The steaks are incredible. The halibut was the best I have ever had. Get it with their special seasoning. And the butter cake is to die for! A must eat. Amazing views of the coast, and although we were inside you can still enjoy the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our experience at Mastro'smike123wDined on 8/23/2014the restaurant is beautiful, service and food were excellent. We went for our 37 year wedding anniversary and the evening was excellent. The only negative about the whole night was that when we were first seated we were given probably the worst table in the restaurant right next to a hallway where every single customer walks pass, which was very disappointing. But our request to be moved was accommodated and we were given a very nice location in the open air patio which was perfect. The steaks of course are excellent as were the scallops and the lobster mashed potato's were outstanding. The fact that all of the staff new it was our anniversary and congratulated us made the evening extra special.Special Features:
- Mastro's BdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Very good place, wish it was not so LOUD, very hard to hear each other, we live in Crystal Cove and would eat there more if we could find a place in there that we could relax a little better. Great place if you do not want to talk to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- AnniversarySam012695Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I came for the first time for our one year wedding anniversary. This place is beautiful! Such a great ombionce and the service was spectacular. My favorite was the filet, it was cooked perfectly and to top it off the butter cake dessert was phenomenal. What a way to end a perfect evening. We would definitely come back again. Thank you for a wonderful one year anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21 st birthday partySkiing2ChefDined on 8/21/2014Chef was the greatest did a great job on my son's birthdaySpecial Features:
- Wonderful!!!LisaVIPDined on 8/21/2014We enjoy Mastro's ocean club and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodgeeseVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had a nice evening celebrating our 29th anniversary. We had to wait a bit for a nice table but it could have been since we were 15 minutes late for our reservation due to traffic. Food was great but the order was incorrect causing us to eat a bit staggered. But the waitress gave me free lobster bisque to hold me over while waiting on my entree. And the desserts are to die for!Special Features:
- It was OK...chrisDined on 8/20/2014Seated at a window table as I requested. Too bad there were flies we had to keep swatting away. When we embarrassingly told the server, she opened the window and cleared them away. Food was good; lobster gnocchi was not as good as Brunos in Fullerton :( We mentioned how much we loved the butter cake and they brought a slice of chocolate bday cake which we didn't eat because we don't care for chocolate cake, again :(Special Features:
- Daughter's 18th B-Day CelbrationNYRestaurantGuyDined on 8/19/2014Mastro's is a very good restaurant and nice for special occasions. However, in my opinion it is overrated and over priced. Following is why: 1. Menu is outdated, feels like a 1990's restaurant 2. Waiter and buss staff were great, but no floor mgr checked in on us, at Mastro's prices, you expect a manager to personally check in. 3. Same quality of food can be found out Flemings and many other OC restaurants for a little bit less of a price point. 4. For price point you would expect all tables to have some level of privacy, at Mastro's there are some really bad table's that share booth type seating on one side where it it no different many family restaurants at $15 per person price point. Host even tried first to sit us at the bar; really!Special Features:
- Fantastic!BrentDined on 8/17/2014Been here a few times and every time is as good as the first. Every time the food, ambiance, and service have been outstanding. Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- great dinign expereince10isnutsDined on 8/16/2014our kids made reservations for us for our anniversary--and made arrangements to have champagne at the table when we arrived and picked up the tab. The waiter was very good and extremely accommodating--not at all arrogant as you might expect from this seemingly very hot dining location on a packed Saturday night. We were somewhat difficult deciding what to eat and how much, and the waiter could not be more helpful in customizing the menu for us. Nothing was "can't be done" and lots of helpful suggestions The Champagne was chilled perfectly even for our late arrival, and the food was very good. it was only at the end that we were told, there was NO TAB. The service was superb. Recommend it for special occasions--you will not be disappointed.Special Features: