Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
15045 N. Kierland Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4804438555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lounge open until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Siegfried Hohaus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing nightly at the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Tanya Queen for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's Ocean Club - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)fit for foodies (78)notable wine list (73)vibrant bar scene (72)romantic (71)hot spot (53)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Will return once againMikeTDined on 9/27/2014As usually Mastros delivers on great food in a great atmosphere. There huge portions make everything easy to share and don't miss out on the butter cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointmentDined on 9/27/2014The meat was tough, the Sea Bass smelled like fish ( Fresh Fish doesn't smell) and was certainly not the signature dish I expected. Waiter said people come form all over for the Bass. Never again. Did I mention the sides were Luke warm. I don't know about you but I like my food hot when served . I have been to this restaurant many times. They charge much for the service and food. I am one who has no problem with price as long as I feel satisfied.Special Features:
- Always GreatCindyVIPDined on 9/27/2014I'm never disappointed with the food or service at Ocean Club. It is always our go to restaurant to celebrate birthdays and anniversarys.Special Features:
- DiningDaveDined on 9/27/2014When I booked the reservation there was a question concerning special occasion. I indecated that it was our 48th wedding anniversary, not one person recognize our anniversary. Why ask the question? Outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceNewtoAZDined on 9/26/2014The waiter took a very forever to introduce himself & barely even mentioned items. The Martini tasted like syrup.I couldn't even drink it and then they brought a new one without even mentioning a signature drink! it was then okay. The waitered order the wrong salad brought a new one without even clarifying the right salad then brought one all tossed when I asked for dressing on the side..Then 25 min later brought another salad w some dressing on the side but the wrong salad. My boyfriends steak was great but he was practically finished with his 20oz steak by the time I got a salad 45 mint later.I wasn't even hungry when I had a couple bites then they cleared the table. Nothing was removed from the bill very DISAPPOINTED and dissatisfied!Special Features:
- Excellent...but costlyonzoomDined on 9/25/2014The food was excellent, the service was great, and the mood was hopping....and the cost was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sides.. & the obviousMbelleVIPDined on 9/25/2014yes the steak & seafood is to die for .. but equally exceptional are the sides fit for anyone!Special Features:
- Wonderful!!RK0428Dined on 9/24/2014This is one of my top two restaurants in all of the Valley! Tremedous Fresh Seafood, and Excellent Steaks. Gret Martini's...Special Features:
- Woodman2Dined on 9/23/2014Food was very good. Portions were large. Consider making a meal of appetizers alone and have a great bottle of wine. Had the bone in filet which was pricey but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!DMC32611Dined on 9/20/2014Another great meal at Ocean's Club. My husband and are frequent diners and big foodies so we love this place. Our server Eric was excellent. We will be requesting him next time. First time having the butter cake and it was to die for. Great food, great atmosphere - one of our favorites!Special Features:
- Good But Not Great..zonie169Dined on 9/13/2014The food was good not spectacular! The fish we chose was all very fresh. After waiting for a couple of weeks for our reservations I was very disappointed in the overall atmosphere, every chair in the dining room around us was falling apart ( all the corners are fraying & ripped) I just think for a restaurant that charges $$$$ as much as it does they could afford the upkeep on the furniture!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/13/2014Have visited the Ocean Club many times. As in the past, it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperiencefinediningseekrDined on 9/10/2014We were seated promptly. The service provided by everyone was impeccable. The food was extraordinary. The ambiance was excellent, although I did feel that the two tops were a bit too close together. While expensive the experience is worth every penny. We will come here every time we want something special. We have eaten in many fine restaurants and Mastros Ocean Club is now at the very top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G00d but not outstandingNormDined on 9/9/2014The food was good but at the price should have been outstanding. While the sevice was slow, when it happened it was very good. The noise made it difficult to have a conversation without leaning forward or shouting.
- Top Notch ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, great vibe, will definitely visit again next time in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- You can't beat itmjsiegelVIPDined on 9/6/2014There may be restaurants that are as good as the Ocean club but I have not found any that are better. To me, its the best dining in the Valley.Special Features:
- RickRickDined on 9/5/2014Everything was just great with the food, service. It was almost too noises however for conversation. Having said that I would return during less busy times for a more quiet dinner experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mastros Ocean ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Great service, excellent food and vibrant bar scene. Dined here from out of town for a friends bachelorette and definitely would recommend and come back again! I had requested for a private area since the reviews I read online said the bar area gets pretty noisy on weeknights. The restaurant were able to accommodate the request and even threw in a free dessert at the end for our special occasion. This was their signature warm butter cake and it did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over the topluv2eatVIPDined on 9/3/2014if you like it 'over the top' this is the spot for you big $$$ big portions very generous cocktails!! very good food quality we always have a fun time...service was excellentSpecial Features:
- FantasticcarmellatteDined on 9/3/2014We had a petite filet and he had a bone in rib eye. They were absolutely perfect. Our sides were mac and cheese and cream of spinich. The mac and cheese was the best I have ever had. I would recommend Mastros. The service was impeccableSpecial Features:
- Stay Awayremember911Dined on 9/2/2014This was the second time that I have been to the Ocean Club. The first was a not good. On this last occasion, our anniversary I ordered the swordfish. I asked if it was fresh and receive a responding "of course". The swordfish look beautiful, with perfect grill marks. I took one bite and knew that it had been held too long, it tasted old. The drinks were good, and the bread basket was the best part of the meal. Working in NYC I have dined at some of the best seafood restaurants. I could always get a table at Le Bernadin, The Sea Grill at Rock Center, et al. l I will never go back again two bad experiences is enough.
- Not as Good as I HopedTLB007CADined on 8/31/2014We were not able to sit at the actual bar (fault, NOT the restaurant's) so we sat in the lounge - which was fine. Our table was wobbly, so we asked that they fix it and our waitress just looked at me as if I asked her to chop off her legs. So that got fixed, another person came by and filled our water glasses so quickly we didn't get a chance to order sparking water and when we did, there wasn't room on the table as we each had ordered an appetizer. The crab cocktail is perfection! The beef carpaccio was bland, and the small was huge. The $33 for the SIDE of gnocchi was NOT worth 1/4th of that cost, it was completely overcooked and very bland. My filet Oscar was average, nothing to write home about. Sad to say, Steak 44 wins.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another excellent evening at Mastro's Ocean Grill on our recent visit to Scottsdale. Great food, great wine, great company & great service! Special thanks to Chris for his excellent service. Can't wait to return again! Thank you for an enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousAllieDined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely time at Mastro's Ocean Club. We started off with shrimp cocktail & crab cocktail. It arrived on dry ice & was delicious. The bread basket was to die for. We ordered the filet, halibut, & the herb roasted chicken. Every entrée was amazing. My favorite side was the Gorgonzola Mac & cheese. You must order the butter cake for dessert. It's epic. Yes, this is obviously expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Been to Mastro's Ocean Club several times! Never disappointed! Always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly hostess and rude serverChrisDined on 8/28/2014Hostess was rude demand that we sit at our table and not finish our drinks in the bar and our server well that to long of a story to put on here. Not good
- MehFoodiefoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner and we were less than impressed. There were a total of 5-6 tables full in the restaurant and they sat everyone on top of one another. The waitress was pretentious and balked at our choice of ice water as opposed to sparkling or still. The food came out quickly which was nice but we had to crack our crabs & lobsters ourselves after the waitress emphasized to us a number of times that she would do all of the work for us. If I am going to pay over $100 for a seafood tower and $62 dollars a pound for crab legs, the least they can do is crack them for me. The Salt Cellar in Tempe is a much better choice and the food and service are exceptional!Special Features:
- Expected MoreOverratedDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at a amazing Scottsdale spa resort. We love steak and seafood and planned a romantic dinner at the Ocean Club but was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the food was good overall. They did give us a free dessert to celebrate our anniversary, ut the cake was cold and dry and they had they nerve to add ice cream. The Ocean Club does not compare to the Mastro's Steakhouse in Scottsdale, which by the way, is phenomenal; food, service, and ambiance. For us, it's unlikely that we would come back, but will definitely patronize both Mastro steakhouses.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Outstanding service. The food was amazing and rated best dinner out yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean ClubLove2eatDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has AMAZING food and service! The prices are really high...but, everything seems gourmet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service for the wife's birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and excellent service. Great drinks and wine list. Ambiance was more for a fun energetic night out rather than quiet romantic evening for two (which is what we were looking for). We were sat right in a corner in a bustling corner near a high traffic area and also next to people who were watching cartoons loudly on a cell phone while a band was playing in the bar. Will be glad to return for a group dinner or to have cocktails and a casual meal in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary family eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great to have some of our immediate family together for a memorable family event, involving three generations having great time togetherSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Lively bar scene. Wondered if most where there for a happy hour. Dining experience: Attentive waiter. Salads-disappointing. Our table had seafood and steak. All very rich. Possibly over use of butter?? Upset stomach that night, couldn't sleep. Astoundingly over priced for experience. Unlikely to return. Bring wallet to restrooms for attendant who turns on water, hands a towel, tip jar obvious.Special Features:
- 32nd AnniversaryProudDadDined on 8/14/2014Once again, Mastro's was perfect. The service was impeccable. The food is rich and decadent. Every mouthful is it's own celebration and you sit and wonder how it can possibly be so good. With standards this high, I would never risk going anywhere else for a special occasion. This is why we keep coming back again and again. Thank you Mastro's.Special Features:
- One of the best in Scottsdale!HappyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Every time we come here, I feel like the experience exceeds all expectations. Wait staff, food, music, everything. I absolutely love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.BiannecDined on 8/12/2014Nice for special occasions. Not a place you can eat at everyday unless you're rich. The sea bass is the best and love the elder martini. It was delicious. Thank you for my free dessert in honor of my birthday. Until next time 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/12/2014Had a better experience last time when had a better waiter and better table. Table of 4 next to us was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves in conversation. Food was good but not spectacular like last time. Ambience can change everything…….even the taste of the food.Special Features:
- Business DinnerBrianCDined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent, staff was knowledgeable and attentive. I will be back!Special Features:
- Fine MealMeatguy1VIPDined on 8/11/2014Good service and excellent food. The prices are a little over the top, and the wine selections while good, were spendy. It is a very good location and I might return, but I just wonder how prices can go before it is too high. In my opinion the food and service were excellent, but the menu items are overpriced.Special Features: